No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 692 693 694 > >> >>> »|

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Oh, by the by, we're the second post on the forum now. =)

Eloquent Conversationalist

summer1412
Guys, I'm so touched. I just had someone write me who saw the thread, and asked me how I stopped, because it's hard for them.

That touches me, so much... *teary*
I'd be teary too love! Ohmigosh, I'm so glad that we've made a difference. Oh dang, now you've got me crying!
Silversan

Therapy and medication are presented as this magical cure for everyone who has issues. It is nice to think that it works for everyone, but that's not realistic at all. Everyone has their own way of coping and their own way of recovering. I can't say this enough.

My doc just pressured me into therapy. I don't need some person to condescendingly tell me what I already know. And no need to waste the gas to get there, I have better things to do.

@summer, Yes, I do need a new doctor, but there isn't another neurologist for minors in that facility, and I don't have any other options. He's a headstrong b***h, and doesn't seem to get my point, because he pulls the, I'M OLDER SO I MUST BE RIGHT card along with the I'M A DOCTOR thing, when I talk about things that don't pertain to his specialty.

@Goddess, it means 'tonight' but questa alone means 'this.'

She did, and she so appreciates me now, when she has problems with her boyfriend.

I get migraines too. At least he gave me the OK to skip school when my head hurts too bad to stand up. My mum is really headstrong about, IF YOU'RE NOT DYING, GET YOUR a** TO SCHOOL. I also have nerve damage in my arm, so I can't get rid of the guy.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
questa notte
Silversan

There's a lot I don't know about myself, parts of my childhood up until middle school that are completely missing from me. It is one of the reasons why I am hesitant to talk about my past besides a few stories every know and then. I also have a problem sitting down, and writing something without getting distracted. It's something I need to work on sooner or later.

True. I daydream still, but not as much as I did in middle and high school. I don't even know how I passed my last two years of high school and get honor roll at the same time. I was not paying attention, I was distracted by my problems and dreams.

I would still consider that bullying. Abuse is not a good thing to go through. I would not even wish it even on my worst enemies as cliche as that sounds. But it is true.

I'm not so worried about the past anymore. Unless someone from back then confronts me, which I've made myself very hard to recognize, I won't be bothered to try to think about it. I'm looking towards tomorrow, not yesterday.

I like to daydream possibilities in my spare time, I like to imagine how the future could be. I'm still in high school, and looking forward to college, and even though it's probably a little early, thinking hard on where I'm going to apply, and debating my major between two options.

Abuse is pretty bad s**t, and it's a lot more common than I would like. :/

@summer, no need to thank me. And it's not bravery, it makes for good conversation. :'D

It usually is hard seeing people from the past. Sadly, I have been told that I look the same as I did when I was in elementary school. Ignoring the fact I'm taller, have breasts, my hair is curly, etc. <__<:;

High school is a hectic time. What grade are you in?

I wish abuse was not common. I wish I could stop it, but there are things out of most people's control.

Original Gaian

7,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
questa notte
Silversan

There's a lot I don't know about myself, parts of my childhood up until middle school that are completely missing from me. It is one of the reasons why I am hesitant to talk about my past besides a few stories every know and then. I also have a problem sitting down, and writing something without getting distracted. It's something I need to work on sooner or later.

True. I daydream still, but not as much as I did in middle and high school. I don't even know how I passed my last two years of high school and get honor roll at the same time. I was not paying attention, I was distracted by my problems and dreams.

I would still consider that bullying. Abuse is not a good thing to go through. I would not even wish it even on my worst enemies as cliche as that sounds. But it is true.

I'm not so worried about the past anymore. Unless someone from back then confronts me, which I've made myself very hard to recognize, I won't be bothered to try to think about it. I'm looking towards tomorrow, not yesterday.

I like to daydream possibilities in my spare time, I like to imagine how the future could be. I'm still in high school, and looking forward to college, and even though it's probably a little early, thinking hard on where I'm going to apply, and debating my major between two options.

Abuse is pretty bad s**t, and it's a lot more common than I would like. :/

@summer, no need to thank me. And it's not bravery, it makes for good conversation. :'D

I'm actually very proud of you for being able to look forward to college. I wish I had had the maturity to be able to look forward to it when I was still in my technical school.. (which I gently ignore on all of my job applications....<______< )

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
questa notte
summer, Yes, I do need a new doctor, but there isn't another neurologist for minors in that facility, and I don't have any other options. He's a headstrong b***h, and doesn't seem to get my point, because he pulls the, I'M OLDER SO I MUST BE RIGHT card along with the I'M A DOCTOR thing, when I talk about things that don't pertain to his specialty.

Well, depending on how old you are, you could see a regular neurologist. Because, with how your doctor ******** that, mate.

questa notte
Silversan

Therapy and medication are presented as this magical cure for everyone who has issues. It is nice to think that it works for everyone, but that's not realistic at all. Everyone has their own way of coping and their own way of recovering. I can't say this enough.

My doc just pressured me into therapy. I don't need some person to condescendingly tell me what I already know. And no need to waste the gas to get there, I have better things to do.

@summer, Yes, I do need a new doctor, but there isn't another neurologist for minors in that facility, and I don't have any other options. He's a headstrong b***h, and doesn't seem to get my point, because he pulls the, I'M OLDER SO I MUST BE RIGHT card along with the I'M A DOCTOR thing, when I talk about things that don't pertain to his specialty.

@Goddess, it means 'tonight' but questa alone means 'this.'

She did, and she so appreciates me now, when she has problems with her boyfriend.

I get migraines too. At least he gave me the OK to skip school when my head hurts too bad to stand up. My mum is really headstrong about, IF YOU'RE NOT DYING, GET YOUR a** TO SCHOOL. I also have nerve damage in my arm, so I can't get rid of the guy.
Oh, very cool. "Hey This, how's it going?" Now I feel dumb for calling you Questa...Lol.

Well at least she trusts you enough to help.

I know how that is. I can't do anything when I've got a migraine. My parents are pretty good about letting me stay home. They've got this weird rule though... If I'm well enough to be online, I'm well enough to go to school. WTF?
Silversan
I have had two experiences with idiotic doctors.

The first being my former psychiatrist. After telling him I had just got back from Disney World he started lecturing me on how I spend too much time lounging around watching television. He actually said that a lot. When he asked me if I was suicidal, I said no. He turned to my mother and said he hoped she didn't have a gun in her house. o__o He also procrastinated for a year or so sending my records over to my therapist. Apparently it's well-known he doesn't like therapists.

The other being the doctor who said my leg problem was caused by weight gain---I did gain ten pounds. I lost those ten pounds and a bit more and my pain got worse actually. They didn't really do anything besides tell me "It's stress" and send me to get an x-ray. Minor annoyance, not really an idiot doctor...I guess.

Ugh, I know what you mean. It took over 15 doctors for them to realize, HEY GETTING ANOTHER XRAY ISN'T GOING TO SHOW SOMETHING NEW. THERE'S NOTHING ******** THERE. And some lady doc finally said to get an MRI, for my ankle. I have a cartilage problem, apparently, and it's not going to get any better than it is now. ): I have to keep myself drugged up so I can walk sometimes.

I've had around four doctors tell me that my lack of short term memories isn't a problem, and dismissed it. I'm sick of people bringing up prior conversations that no matter what they explain about it, I can't remember having.

I refuse to see a psychiatrist. I'm not going to some whackjob that wants to put me on meds. Things to ******** with my brain chemistry are for no.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
questa notte
Silversan
I have had two experiences with idiotic doctors.

The first being my former psychiatrist. After telling him I had just got back from Disney World he started lecturing me on how I spend too much time lounging around watching television. He actually said that a lot. When he asked me if I was suicidal, I said no. He turned to my mother and said he hoped she didn't have a gun in her house. o__o He also procrastinated for a year or so sending my records over to my therapist. Apparently it's well-known he doesn't like therapists.

The other being the doctor who said my leg problem was caused by weight gain---I did gain ten pounds. I lost those ten pounds and a bit more and my pain got worse actually. They didn't really do anything besides tell me "It's stress" and send me to get an x-ray. Minor annoyance, not really an idiot doctor...I guess.

Ugh, I know what you mean. It took over 15 doctors for them to realize, HEY GETTING ANOTHER XRAY ISN'T GOING TO SHOW SOMETHING NEW. THERE'S NOTHING ******** THERE. And some lady doc finally said to get an MRI, for my ankle. I have a cartilage problem, apparently, and it's not going to get any better than it is now. ): I have to keep myself drugged up so I can walk sometimes.

I've had around four doctors tell me that my lack of short term memories isn't a problem, and dismissed it. I'm sick of people bringing up prior conversations that no matter what they explain about it, I can't remember having.

I refuse to see a psychiatrist. I'm not going to some whackjob that wants to put me on meds. Things to ******** with my brain chemistry are for no.

I am waiting to bring the issue of my leg pain the next time I go to my doctor. It has been a few years since I bothered seeking help for the pain, and I don't have to bother going to my pediatrician anymore. I already know my pain is muscle related. It hurts even when I am not stressed out.

I was on medication for awhile. I was on Wellbutrin before they switched me to Zoloft. I stopped taking them because it did not help me. I would rather talk to someone because that helps a lot more than pills do.

Short-term memory loss is a problem. I would say to write down things, but I know in some cases it doesn't always help. I'm sure you've gotten suggestions on how to manager it already.
Silversan

It usually is hard seeing people from the past. Sadly, I have been told that I look the same as I did when I was in elementary school. Ignoring the fact I'm taller, have breasts, my hair is curly, etc. <__<:;

I wish abuse was not common. I wish I could stop it, but there are things out of most people's control.

I have different colored hair now, and a lot more tits than my figure should.
Not a whole lot taller, though.

I'm a sophomoron!

I feel the same way.

@spiffy, I've wanted to work with computers since I was 7! I'm well on the way to that dream, and I'm sooooo excited.

@summer, I can probably see a different neurologist in around two months, perhaps. I'm sick of this dumb guy.

@Goddess, Ahaha, yes indeed. I don't know that much Italian, sadly, but I can get the gist of things most of the time. I don't speak at all, though.

Which I'm thankful for. No one else has been able to help her, and she means a lot to me.

Yep, I pretty much lay down on the compy. No one's home during the day, so it doesn't matter what I do. When I'm sick, I'm always online, though. :/

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
questa notte
summer, I can probably see a different neurologist in around two months, perhaps. I'm sick of this dumb guy.

Do it, lol.

I hate doctors, they think a piece of paper and age surpasses what someone else is experiencing. Yes, there are things that can be accounted for with different symptoms but...still. It's stupid.

questa notte
Silversan

I have different colored hair now, and a lot more tits than my figure should.
Not a whole lot taller, though.

I'm a sophomoron!

I feel the same way.

@spiffy, I've wanted to work with computers since I was 7! I'm well on the way to that dream, and I'm sooooo excited.

@summer, I can probably see a different neurologist in around two months, perhaps. I'm sick of this dumb guy.

@Goddess, Ahaha, yes indeed. I don't know that much Italian, sadly, but I can get the gist of things most of the time. I don't speak at all, though.

Which I'm thankful for. No one else has been able to help her, and she means a lot to me.

Yep, I pretty much lay down on the compy. No one's home during the day, so it doesn't matter what I do. When I'm sick, I'm always online, though. :/
I've sung oh, at least 5o Italian arias now, so I can understand usually. Can't speak it for s**t though.

That's really, very sweet of you then.

I'm always online, whether I'm sick or not. Parentals though, love them even when they annoy me with dumb rules.
Silversan

I am waiting to bring the issue of my leg pain the next time I go to my doctor. It has been a few years since I bothered seeking help for the pain, and I don't have to bother going to my pediatrician anymore. I already know my pain is muscle related. It hurts even when I am not stressed out.

I was on medication for awhile. I was on Wellbutrin before they switched me to Zoloft. I stopped taking them because it did not help me. I would rather talk to someone because that helps a lot more than pills do.

Short-term memory loss is a problem. I would say to write down things, but I know in some cases it doesn't always help. I'm sure you've gotten suggestions on how to manager it already.

Leg pain is awful stuff. I've got a lot of chronic things wrong with my health. Sometimes I can't walk at all from my ankle. It's really a mess.

Yeah, I have a friend that was told, "if you don't take these meds, we can't help you." He gave up on fighting them.

THEY WON'T TELL ME ANY WAYS TO MANAGE IT! I've asked, and they just tell me it's no issue! I would write things down if I didn't lose the things I wrote it down on, or forgot that I wrote it down in the first place. I find things I wrote to myself as to not forget all the time, and go oops. Ahaha.

questa notte
Silversan

Leg pain is awful stuff. I've got a lot of chronic things wrong with my health. Sometimes I can't walk at all from my ankle. It's really a mess.

Yeah, I have a friend that was told, "if you don't take these meds, we can't help you." He gave up on fighting them.

THEY WON'T TELL ME ANY WAYS TO MANAGE IT! I've asked, and they just tell me it's no issue! I would write things down if I didn't lose the things I wrote it down on, or forgot that I wrote it down in the first place. I find things I wrote to myself as to not forget all the time, and go oops. Ahaha.
I've heard that writing things on your body, or putting notes in a... satchel, of sorts, that you hang around your neck, helps a little so that you don't lose things as often.
summer1412
Do it, lol.

I hate doctors, they think a piece of paper and age surpasses what someone else is experiencing. Yes, there are things that can be accounted for with different symptoms but...still. It's stupid.

I'm gonna try. It's hard for me to get in, though, since I can't drive, and my mum's working all the time.

@Goddess, I sing in Italian for fun, really. Sing along to some Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman, and Andrea Bocelli. Good stuff.

I get that a lot. I take care of her, I owe her so much. She saved my life.

My parents CAN'T make rules about my internet. They know it's what I'm doing with my life, and that I do EVERYTHING on the compy, homeworks, and things for college, and the like. Considering they were stupid enough to buy me a lappy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff