Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you self harm?

Yes 0.35816719132564 35.8% [ 1024 ]
I used to, but I recovered 0.32668765302553 32.7% [ 934 ]
I don't, but I know someone who does 0.13606155998601 13.6% [ 389 ]
No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]

Lupine Labtech

In public I couldn't care less if people see my arms / legs and I am rather used to people staring (or, like when on holiday on Egypt, being questioned about it ten times a day (My pet tiger did it ok)) but god damn... I took a photo of my right arm to show the fact I've got a huge white band where I wore bracelets and went in the sun, leaving my arm tan and well yea, a white band, but I felt awkward enough to try and photoshop the scars out. All the scars are very old and insignificant now and I've had no issue for at least eight years now with being seen, but... I dunno. It feels awkward to have them on images.

/babble.

Fashionable Explorer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hi. I've been following this thread for years now I suppose, I've just never quite worked up to posting. I haven't self-harmed very much in probably about a year, but I'm more or less on the brink of relapsing. It's...not an ideal feeling. But that's why I find myself here I guess. If anyone is around I wouldn't mind a conversation, but nonetheless I'm happy to meet you all.

High-functioning Citizen

As well as cutting, I tend to pull out my eyebrows a lot, and I bite my nails down to the point of bleeding.

Does the eyebrow problem count as self harm? And the nail biting?

Mythical Lightbringer

Gwenoli
As well as cutting, I tend to pull out my eyebrows a lot, and I bite my nails down to the point of bleeding.

Self-harm can take many forms, and I would say it does count. Mine is scratching up my legs, or anywhere that others won't see it. Any behavior that hurts you, and that you use to cope with stress or as a way to be in control of it, would be considered self harm.

Benevolent Phantom

Gwenoli

There are different forms of self harm.
Even ones such as self-loathing.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
-pokes head in-

Anybody home?

Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Used to quite severely... cutting, burning, headbutting things, scratching... now more subtle just like... causing myself harm without it leaving any visible trace... not sure if that's progress or not... but if it is I'm at a point of potentially losing it... s**t's going south and I just want to end it y'know... anyways, hello thread...

Desirable Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
at times, I wanted to...but I couldn't go through with it...the most i did is whenever I cried, I would slap myself across the face in order to stop...

Benevolent Phantom

14,440 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • First Fall 15
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I did excessive scratching and cutting. It's really noticeable, but I laugh it off and say the cat did it.

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
I use to self harm for years from the age of 11-18. Mostly because of an abusive/toxic home environment. Happy to say though, I have been clean for 4 years!
I started self-harming..Due to recent events it's starting to be my coping method.

I'm on medication I'm too afraid to tell my therapist for fear of hospitalization..

DoubleKx's Compadre

JigokuShoujosRevenge
I did excessive scratching and cutting. It's really noticeable, but I laugh it off and say the cat did it.

hahaha that was my daily awnser when people use to ask me. lovu 4laugh

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Inspirational ANON
I use to self harm for years from the age of 11-18. Mostly because of an abusive/toxic home environment. Happy to say though, I have been clean for 4 years!

That is fantastic news!

It'll be six years for me on the 27th of this month. I never thought I'd make it this far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff