Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you self harm?

Yes 0.35816719132564 35.8% [ 1024 ]
I used to, but I recovered 0.32668765302553 32.7% [ 934 ]
I don't, but I know someone who does 0.13606155998601 13.6% [ 389 ]
No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]

I had a horrible "relapse" about 2 days ago and cut so, so much. I was going to burn too, but because the cuts were so painful after I'd done them, I didn't burn...

8,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Overstocked 200
As someone who has recovered from a lot of SI issues, some advice for anyone in this thread: don't stay in this thread too long. For me, thinking about it constantly, even if I was thinking about it in a 'healthy' way (such as talking it out with people who understood/were supportive of what I was going through), was very triggering and didn't allow me to grow.

The best thing for me was to find someone in real life who I completely trusted and who wanted me to stop self-harming, and use them to help me stop. (For me, it also helps that said person lives with me, since sometimes knowing she would find out is the only thing stopping me.)

That said though, good luck in quitting, to everyone here. I've been there.

Girl-Crazy Hunter

Hello everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever been prescribed Lexapro and/or Abilify.
I've been on 10 mg Lexapro and 2.5 Abilify for about a week now, and they've been causing a lot of vomitting and nausea.

I was wondering if this is normal.

Prescribed for Depression.
Nausea and vomiting are known side effects of both medications, affecting app. 14% of users. If it is consistent, you may want to speak with your doctor regarding an alternative solution or other medication. Otherwise, seek systemic treatment - get something else to soothe your stomach as you can. Do you take the pills on an empty stomach?
{Source - self (CPhT, two years experience)}

Girl-Crazy Hunter

qaz plop
Nausea and vomiting are known side effects of both medications, affecting app. 14% of users. If it is consistent, you may want to speak with your doctor regarding an alternative solution or other medication. Otherwise, seek systemic treatment - get something else to soothe your stomach as you can. Do you take the pills on an empty stomach?
{Source - self (CPhT, two years experience)}
Thanks for answering, and no I do not. I usually take them in the evening after I eat.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
sweetheartcandy4
Hello everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever been prescribed Lexapro and/or Abilify.
I've been on 10 mg Lexapro and 2.5 Abilify for about a week now, and they've been causing a lot of vomitting and nausea.

I was wondering if this is normal.

Prescribed for Depression.

I'm not quite familiar with the medications' side effects, or how they react together. If I were you, I would perhaps try to take them a half-hour or so apart, just to give your stomach enough time to digest one and then another.

I know Lexapro has had quite a history of varied results and side effects depending on the individual and age range being treated. Make sure to monitor your mood and physical condition closely, and if you notice any severe changes (mood, behaviour, appetite, etc) notify your doctor immediately so you can possibly decrease your dose or change your medication. There are plenty of other safe SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) options out there to try if Lexapro doesn't quite sit well with you.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Mega Lya
I had a horrible "relapse" about 2 days ago and cut so, so much. I was going to burn too, but because the cuts were so painful after I'd done them, I didn't burn...

I know I'm a bit late, but I did read your post when you posted it.

Relapses can happen, and that's just the reality of stopping any addiction or bad habit. I do hope you are doing okay right now, and even if you are not, you are in my thoughts and things don't have to stay bad.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Just wanted to let you guys know that you're all in my thoughts, all the time.

I've been going through a lot of personal problems lately, with home and with my own self, and it's taken up more time than I can manage. I'll update everyone on everything soon.

I miss and love you all and hope you guys are doing well.

*hugs and kisses*

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Hello, guys, I'm Emma.

I'm recovering from SH or whatever you want to cal it. I relapsed a couple of weeks ago and I feel kind of shitty about. I mean, I've only done it twice in 4 years from doing it every day so I'm doing a lot better but still... I just don't understand why I feel the need to do it. I get the urges and it's really hard to fight. I just want to do it. It's stupid. This post is stupid but I thought I'd put it out there.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Strangerthan
Hello, guys, I'm Emma.

I'm recovering from SH or whatever you want to cal it. I relapsed a couple of weeks ago and I feel kind of shitty about. I mean, I've only done it twice in 4 years from doing it every day so I'm doing a lot better but still... I just don't understand why I feel the need to do it. I get the urges and it's really hard to fight. I just want to do it. It's stupid. This post is stupid but I thought I'd put it out there.

Hey Emma. I'm Summer, nice to meet you =)

As we've said I don't know how many times here - both to ourselves and each other - relapses happen. It's hard to go through and sometimes they don't make sense, but they happen. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Twice in four years is a long time, and you should be proud of yourself for going that long.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100

Dapper Dabbler

Long time no see, thread.

I've taken to biting a lot as impulsive self-harm. Not a good thing. Mom found a bruise and I blamed it on the trebuchet I made.

I think my anxiety and depression levels tend to flip-flop. Over the past few days I've been going from a months-long stage of high anxiety and low depression to high depression and low anxiety (but when I saw low, I still mean enough to noticeable affect me). It's the strangest thing. Unfortunately, depression's more a trigger of my harm than anxiety is.

Talking about strange things, I find all sexual orientations perfectly acceptable except my own. It's the oddest self-hate over the "gay half" of my bisexuality. It's only been recent (as in the past few months or so), but it's still bizarre. Also not good for my depression.

But my frequency of self-harm is down to maybe twice a week, which is a huge leap from thrice a day.

Dapper Fatcat

I personally do not self harm, but my very best friend does.
She's been doing a lot better; she hasn't cut or thrown up in months.
I wish the best of luck to all of you that are struggling. My heart goes out to you. heart

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Song of the Century
Long time no see, thread.

I've taken to biting a lot as impulsive self-harm. Not a good thing. Mom found a bruise and I blamed it on the trebuchet I made.

I think my anxiety and depression levels tend to flip-flop. Over the past few days I've been going from a months-long stage of high anxiety and low depression to high depression and low anxiety (but when I saw low, I still mean enough to noticeable affect me). It's the strangest thing. Unfortunately, depression's more a trigger of my harm than anxiety is.

Talking about strange things, I find all sexual orientations perfectly acceptable except my own. It's the oddest self-hate over the "gay half" of my bisexuality. It's only been recent (as in the past few months or so), but it's still bizarre. Also not good for my depression.

But my frequency of self-harm is down to maybe twice a week, which is a huge leap from thrice a day.

Hi song mrgreen

I know from experience, biting is a hard habit to break, but it is breakable, what worked for me was carrying a stress ball to squeeze whenever i felt the need to bite myself. I also wear a bracelet constantly now, because i would always bite my left wrist, so if i go to do it i'm reminded to stop. Congrats or your sucsess though, and keep at it.

I know it probably dosen't mean much coming from me, but you love who you love, there's nothing wrong with it.

A trebuchet, eh? that's some kind of catapult right? those are so cool ^_^ My friend just got a jigsaw, so he and i are making keyblades. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff