Do you self harm?

Yes 0.35816719132564 35.8% [ 1024 ]
I used to, but I recovered 0.32668765302553 32.7% [ 934 ]
I don't, but I know someone who does 0.13606155998601 13.6% [ 389 ]
No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]

Liberal Receiver

*pops in*
I really, really ******** hate it when people say that all SH'ers only SH for attention >_<
*pops out*

Dapper Dabbler

So my head was probably bleeding at some point recently, because I got some surprise blood on my pillow. My mom's gonna jump to some conclusions and think I've been cutting my head or something, damnit...

Oh yeah, and I discovered a hate site for the primary wiki I contribute to (and am a large part of). Hopefully I learn to ignore it or they don't start hating me as much as everyone else.

Jason0690
*pops in*
I really, really ******** hate it when people say that all SH'ers only SH for attention >_<
*pops out*

Yep. I also really don't like it when people make fun of SH or suicide in jokes, it's really not cool. People who type /wrist really, really tick me off.

Rainbow Admirer

I was considering cutting myself, but kept postponing it. If things get worse again, I may have to resort to it. I tend to keep emotions bottled up way too long, and they are not something that can be cured by 'talking'. I know cutting scars the body, but it's one of the few options I have.

Dapper Dabbler

Finally figured out my threads subscriptions issue, so now I can see this thread again.

Fyue
I was considering cutting myself, but kept postponing it. If things get worse again, I may have to resort to it. I tend to keep emotions bottled up way too long, and they are not something that can be cured by 'talking'. I know cutting scars the body, but it's one of the few options I have.

I know it's a few days late, but it's really not worth it. The pain it causes emotionally, while a different and mostly hidden thing, is horrible.

What have you tried as ways to cope or keep yourself busy?

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
I originally posted this in its own thread then had a very helpful gaiain link me here smile

Ok well here the thing I have been a cutter on and off for about 6 years.
I stopped for a year and a half. Then met my ex fiance he too was a cutter. We got better together. We both stopped. Though we had our moments where we wanted too. Any who he left me (different story on its on) and I started to cut again. I was pregnant at the time and everyone told me if I didn't stop by the time I had the baby that they would take her. And so I stopped for a couple months. Then I started again. And got told the same thing. So once again I stopped. Then i started to fall deeper into my hole and started to thing maybe my daughter would be better off with out me, but I fought the urge till it became to the point I couldn't control it. I would make minor cuts that were to small to be noticed. Then read about something called the butterfly project. Its where you draw a butterfly and name it after someone you care about or who wants you to get better. And this worked for awhile.
Then I met my irl ex bf and it all got better for about months. And now here I am feeling the urge to cut.
Nothing I have tried helps. I have counseling it didn't help I just don't want to go some where and they give me meds. I refuse meds. They don't help

So any suggestions on a Substitutions for cutting?
That arent really like slef harm?
As it is I write poems and read alot. And they used to help but not so much lately.

Dapper Dabbler

Izzy Says Rawr
So any suggestions on a Substitutions for cutting?
That arent really like slef harm?
As it is I write poems and read alot. And they used to help but not so much lately.

You could try learning a new language. I've got a few years learning two different languages, and reading books and watching shows/movies in those languages distracts me, is fun, and helps me further learn the languages by exposure.

You could learn how to play an instrument. In my experience piano is difficult, but wind and brass instruments are a lot easier.

One thing I do is edit a wiki. But I may just be odd.

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Song of the Century

You could learn how to play an instrument. In my experience piano is difficult, but wind and brass instruments are a lot easier.

One thing I do is edit a wiki. But I may just be odd.

Might just try the language thing as it is I started to learn German..Maybe I should practice it some more.

I always wanted to learn but never had a way to get an instrument.

And that sounds fun. And that's not odd its funny,

Thanks for the advice smile I'm for sure going to work on my German.

Dapper Dabbler

Izzy Says Rawr
Might just try the language thing as it is I started to learn German..Maybe I should practice it some more.

You're welcome smile

As for being unable to find an instrument, check out garage sales around your area or a local thrift store. I got a flute for $20, clarinet for $30, and saxophone for $60, which are great prices. It's another $10 or so to get some care/cleaning supplies, but it's worth it.

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Song of the Century
Izzy Says Rawr

You're welcome smile

As for being unable to find an instrument, check out garage sales around your area or a local thrift store. I got a flute for $20, clarinet for $30, and saxophone for $60, which are great prices. It's another $10 or so to get some care/cleaning supplies, but it's worth it.

Oh ok I'll do that then never though about it. Thank you again smile
Silversan
Making my first post here.

I know I have asked random people this, Summer and Goddess included, but what are your opinions about TWLOHA or any other organization that deals with raising awareness or helping people who self harm.

TWLOHA is great. They've helped my girlfriend a lot. She messages them sometimes and they usually reply back. They're honest and caring people. She and I want to intern for them some day.
Hi ya'll, I'm really surprising myself that I'm on here writing this. I've always kind of read a little here and there, but never posted before. I just kind of thought that it might be good for me to kind of meet some people in the same boat as I me or at least understand a lot about the whole cutting thing (my mom is a saint and has done so much research to get a better understanding, but it's not the same haha). To have kind of a little place to go to when I get those really bad urges.

My name is Kelycia, I started cutting when I went downrange for the first time. I've only done it with knives, easily accessible due to the fact that I always carry one on me when I'm posted out (I'm a Security Forces Member). It's a constant struggle like anything, I started drinking heavily and then everything just spiraled out of control from then. The cut's kept getting deeper and deeper, leaving easily seen scars and everywhere on my body. I haven't cut for about two months now, but the urges sometimes are incredibly hard to distract myself from.

Dapper Dabbler

So, for those people out there who needs something easy to help heal cuts and burns and stop infections: unpasteurized honey. Mother watches Dr Oz, he mentioned it, and I googled it. Sounds like mixing it with flour makes it more paste-like and easier to apply, too. Looks like it's also useful for removing/fading scars.

delirarxloco
Hi ya'll, I'm really surprising myself that I'm on here writing this. I've always kind of read a little here and there, but never posted before. I just kind of thought that it might be good for me to kind of meet some people in the same boat as I me or at least understand a lot about the whole cutting thing (my mom is a saint and has done so much research to get a better understanding, but it's not the same haha). To have kind of a little place to go to when I get those really bad urges.

My name is Kelycia, I started cutting when I went downrange for the first time. I've only done it with knives, easily accessible due to the fact that I always carry one on me when I'm posted out (I'm a Security Forces Member). It's a constant struggle like anything, I started drinking heavily and then everything just spiraled out of control from then. The cut's kept getting deeper and deeper, leaving easily seen scars and everywhere on my body. I haven't cut for about two months now, but the urges sometimes are incredibly hard to distract myself from.

Welcome! My name's Roy, nice to meet you. Two months sounds like a really long time, congrats on that. This thread's a bit slow, but if you ever do need some help, a number of us are online often and you can PM us, myself included.

As for distractions, I've got a huge list of things that I use. What do you normally do and what are your current interests? Do you know your triggers?

Captcha: be my friend

Dapper Dabbler

Alpha_Psi_Hero
Hello! I haven't come across this thread yet and I've been in the LD awhile. Anyways, this seems like a very supportive place.

My name is Vanessa and I am 21 years old. I started self harming when I was in middle school. It started out with tiny scratches, which then turned into papecuts. I stopped for about 2 years and then my junior year in high school hit and it was a difficult time for me. I started again and things got worse. I eventually started going back to church and quit again until I got to my sophomore year in college. Thats when it was at its worst. I had moved to an apartment and had my room to myself with access to sharp objects to use. I would cry myself to sleep everynight and eventually I couldn't take it anymore. So I told my best friend and I found out he had a history with SI as well so he was very supportive. I was eventually able to stop right before summer hit. It has been 1 year now since the last time I did it. I felt happy and like I had no need to do it. However I recently heard a rumor that my bf hooked up with his ex, and I don't know what to believe. Since I have heard this info thoughts of SI have been popping into my head. I haven't acted on them, but its been extremely difficult. I find myself thinking about what is around me and what I could use. I don't want to break my streak and start again. It's just bearing down on me .

Congratulations on having one year! It does sound like having a roommate in college would help--my friend's rooming with me, so that should help me in stopping or at least reducing my self-harm.

You should probably chat with your boyfriend about this, and maybe a couple of his close friends. Remember, it could just be a rumor.

What do you generally do to distract yourself from the urges?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff