Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Pandella
The Mistress K
I feel blessed that I got to have a baby shower and that people showed but at the same time I feel so let down as I invited around 25-30 people and of those 17 RSVP'ed, and then of that 17 7 showed sad I mean we had all kinds of food and stuff ready. Thanks to my step mom my diaper raffle was way worth it and we do have a good start on diapers and wipes, and we did get a few cute gifts including a gift card to target, some crochet hats, wipes, and a 3 piece crib bedding set, oh and health kit. Im sorry for complaining ladies I just feeling really emotional as I put a lot of work into the shower for it to be fun for all (my mom paid for it, but hates planning things like parties) and its like I gave everyone plenty of time to arrange to make it but yeah. ~sigh~
My theme was a Halloween baby shower BTW, and I made me a super cute costume for it! I loved it! I'll post pictures tomorrow my bed is calling as my contractions are starting to hurt again (i've been having them for about a week but I get them to chill by taking it easy and laying down. My doctor said if they get strong and keep up consistently then come in).

Kind of the same thing happened to us. 28 RSVPED but only 20 showed up. It was
a catered event so we still had to pay for those 8 people who didn't show up and it was almost
30$ per person for food. My mom spend a lot of money on it and people didn't honor their
commitments and the others we invited didn't even bother responding to the rsvp and we had to
call and ask the majority of the people if they were coming.

Its really heart breaking and sad and I see where you are coming from. I was really really upset
and hurt too. :C

I had to do the same with the 7 people who came to the shower except for my grandma. I was calling people, visiting, FBing them, just to see if it was a yes or no. I even asked on the invites just let me know either way please so I know. With as few people that came I could have made a nice dinner myself and saved almost $100 bucks on foods.
Blood: No, you never have the right to control someone. That's not a healthy relationship. I didn't say he was faithful, I said you gave no inclination that he wasn't. I can only give advice based on information you originally gave. Do you know for certain he's been unfaithful to you in the past? You didn't say he did. If he's lying and hiding things then you need to sit and talk to him. See why he's acting like that. You can't just got through his stuff, that's an invasion of his privacy. It sounds like the two of you need some counseling. If he doesn't want to save your relationship as well, you can't force him. You both need to be on board.

Fetish: Oh wow that sounds beautiful. I really wanted an outdoor wedding. My wedding was taken over by my Gram though and it wasn't anything I wanted. so we're going to renew our vows in 6 years and have it how I really wanted it. sad

I wore flats. haha and a sleeveless dress. But it was the end of May and indoors. And I was about 4 months pregnant LOL

Stella: Welcome. smile

Mistress: Sadly it seems that not as many people show up to parties as say they will. It's so rude but happens all the time. It's annoying as hell. s**t, absolutely no one from my husband's side of the family came to our wedding. It was completely heart breaking for him. sad

Pandella: You're term so if you have to be induced she should be fine. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you!

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Anyone have any good birthday ideas? I turn 20 on the 23rd of this month. I didn't do jack s**t last year, other than get my tongue pierced the day before my birthday (which is no longer there crying )
And I have NO Idea of what I want to do! :/

Also as far as what went down yesterday...I believe they are going to the courthouse tomorrow to get the divorce papers signed and noterized. She just wants him to pay her car/insurance payments until she's out of school, which is about another year. As much as she DOESN'T deserve it, I get the feeling she won't sign it without that.

We're looking at a house this weeked : D it's close to where he works so that helps out a lot.

I bought more diapers and wipes today...and LITTLE BEAR SLIPPERS : D and a pink onsie. I couldn't help it xD I DO for real plan on getting her carseat this weekend.

What is everyone else up to?

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I have been feeling so winded or really just yucky if I stand for more than like 5-10mins. Its annoying cause man I know the baby has dropped I can feel and see the difference and walking around sucks cause i can feel her so heavily below. I feel so exhuasted and out of breath and Im not out of shape really, dont smoke, and like I said she dropped so Im not sure why i am feeling like this. Any ideas ladies?

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
I feel like Lucca is actually responding to my boyfriend and I now ^_^

Before when we poked her, she woudn't really do anything, kinda like she was O.O

But now, she'll kick back or just squirm like a crazy kid. I can't help but giggle everytime I push on my tummy and get a kick out of her.

I swear she was actually rolling around last night haha, but I LOVE the way it feels, is that weird?

He was playing with her again last night, he kept poking her when she'd kick, and poking everywhere at once (the one time he did she kinda spazzed and my tummy did some weird movements haha)

I'm going to miss her being in my tummy so much when she's here, but at the same time I already want to cuddle with her!

(sorry for all my posts, I'm in a very good mood today ^_^ )

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
The Mistress K
I have been feeling so winded or really just yucky if I stand for more than like 5-10mins. Its annoying cause man I know the baby has dropped I can feel and see the difference and walking around sucks cause i can feel her so heavily below. I feel so exhuasted and out of breath and Im not out of shape really, dont smoke, and like I said she dropped so Im not sure why i am feeling like this. Any ideas ladies?

:c that doesn't sound fun. If I had any idea I would help, but I really have no clue when it comes to stuff like that.
I do hope you start feeling better soon.

Dangerous Lunatic

so i just found this form and looks like this would be the best place to get some opinions....im 37 weeks pregnant and im getting induced on the 19th because of medical issues ( already lost one because of it...) i want to deliver in my hometown which is 4 hours away from where i live now because i feel more at ease there...i also know the doctors quite well and most of the nurses and i trust them.....now my boyfriend wants me to deliver where we live but iv gotten a lot of stories from people that i have talked to that have delivered here and all of them are not so great...a few of them even have had their 2nd somewhere else because of it....so my question is..should i deliver somewhere im not comfortable with because it means a lot to my boyfriend or should i go to where i am comfortable delivering?

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Pichu Poisen
so i just found this form and looks like this would be the best place to get some opinions....im 37 weeks pregnant and im getting induced on the 19th because of medical issues ( already lost one because of it...) i want to deliver in my hometown which is 4 hours away from where i live now because i feel more at ease there...i also know the doctors quite well and most of the nurses and i trust them.....now my boyfriend wants me to deliver where we live but iv gotten a lot of stories from people that i have talked to that have delivered here and all of them are not so great...a few of them even have had their 2nd somewhere else because of it....so my question is..should i deliver somewhere im not comfortable with because it means a lot to my boyfriend or should i go to where i am comfortable delivering?

I hate to pull the "it's your womb your choice" card but it's the truth. You are the one pushing out this baby. It is a demanding time in a woman's life. If you feel comfortable there and they have a good reputation just explain your side to your boyfriend. You need a doctor you can trust. Some many doctors just want an in-and-out delivery that they some push unnecessary c-sections claiming something could happen to the baby. I say explain it to him so he understands it. I don't want to say he doesn't have a choice because he does but at the same time I think your opinion outranks his in this department.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Stella_Kaia
Digital Fiend
Stella_Kaia

Thanks! How old is your son?

He just turned one on the third of this month. C:
I can't believe it's really been that long.

I can't believe I'll be 26 by the next WIC appt. And we'll talk about baby foods.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pichu Poisen

Go where you're comfy! When he goes into labor, he can choose where to deliver.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Digital Fiend
Pichu Poisen

Go where you're comfy! When he goes into labor, he can choose where to deliver.

emotion_awesome Oh the mental images I have!

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
The Fetish Faerie

Heh, that was my arguement. James wanted me to deliver at a different hospital. While I'm all for the guy having a voice, the hospital is for mom. She's going to be poked and prodded and such. Sorry dads.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Digital Fiend
The Fetish Faerie

Heh, that was my arguement. James wanted me to deliver at a different hospital. While I'm all for the guy having a voice, the hospital is for mom. She's going to be poked and prodded and such. Sorry dads.

It's a very valid argument though. A woman has to deal with the ease of a good doctor or the horror of a bad one. I mean sure the man can be empathic but empathy and labor are two different ball games!
Call Me Stephanie
Blood: No, you never have the right to control someone. That's not a healthy relationship. I didn't say he was faithful, I said you gave no inclination that he wasn't. I can only give advice based on information you originally gave. Do you know for certain he's been unfaithful to you in the past? You didn't say he did. If he's lying and hiding things then you need to sit and talk to him. See why he's acting like that. You can't just got through his stuff, that's an invasion of his privacy. It sounds like the two of you need some counseling. If he doesn't want to save your relationship as well, you can't force him. You both need to be on board.

Like I said, Im not trying to control him. No, I never said he had been unfaithful in the past. And granted, he shouldnt have to pay for an exs mistakes, and Im not trying to make him, but Ill give you a scenario from my previous relationship.

The guy I was dating before dating my current boyfriend was cheating me. I was suspicious with the way he was acting, if I asked to borrow his phone to text my mom (if my phone was dead, which sometimes it was), he would act all weird and go through his phone before finally giving it to me. Or he would text her himself. One day, he was sleeping, and he got a phone call. I let it go to voicemail, but then they started texting, so I answered so it didnt wake him up. Come to find out from her that it was his girlfriend. His other girlfriend. For months, I was worried about it, freaking out over it, talking about it and being lied to. And then finally found out he had been cheating nearly the whole time we had been together.

Point Im trying to make is, I know the signs. And between pictures, him acting as odd as he was about her, and knowing that they are close, it bothered me.

And as far as saving the relationship, I see it as this way. If you have to cheat, then why even be in the relationship in the first place? If you stay with them, and still cheat, then there is obviously a reason that you dont want to end the relationship that youre in. Whatever that reason may be, I dont know. But if he were to be cheating on me, and then still stay with me, there is obviously a reason he doesnt want to break it off. Be it because Im pregnant with his child, because he has no where else to live, I dont know. But either way, it doesnt really matter to me. All I want is honesty from him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff