Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Lilith Delost
I'm totally planning to just sleep naked on a towel on top of a waterproof cover under the fitted sheet after the baby. lol I'd rather need to do a load of laundry than deal with underwear night and day. Though I DID buy extra large mama cloth reusable pads in case I change my mind or need to wear them and stuff during the day (We have wood floors though so it isn't like a bit of blood would hurt them). I figure for the first few weeks though other than showering and pissing (the bathroom is right next to Lilith's room) hubby can get up and do all of the work. I'll just stay in bed and cuddle our baby all day and night... whee
Sleeping with no shirt and bra... I understand totally. Boob leakage makes such a mess but the clots and fluids really are kinda gross. Ya might want to at least give the first couple days a try with those pads, if you feel ok with the amount of fluids then go for it. Naked time is awesome. I have carpet (tan colored no less). So it's not possible for me to do more than walk around without a shirt.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Fairly certain that if that wasn't my mucus plug last thursday that this recent crap is XD
It really does look like snot... EWWW

Zelly and Cupcake: SO not looking forward to stitches, and while I know it doesn't happen for EVERY woman, I also know that I'm kinda smallish down there so I will probably tear a considerable amout.... I think the itching would be almost as bad as the pain... but burning+itching would just be completely unbearable...
Zelly: Yea, i have the frequent yeast infection issue too... a lot of times I wouldn't wear underwear, but a lot of times I would just change my underwear a few times a day anyway - at the very least, have a separate night-time pair.
HATE pads though... srsly... I've always been a tampon girl, and when I had to wear pads after my D&C it drove me CRAZY and I just felt so gross all the time...
Does the pad ever pull at your stiches? That's something that I'd be kinda worried about.

Lilith - what kind of pads are you talking about? And your hubby won't mind you making a mess in the bed?
HI All, I got Pregnant at the Age of 18, The father of my daughter got scared so ran away at the time he was 20. Once my Daughter was almost Due her Father decided to come back and be there for the Birth of her. He stuck around abit more up untill she was 6months old. He then started showing his true colors and Hit me Whilst i was Holding onto my daughter. I got a Protection Order on him and Got Full custody of my daughter and he was to have supervised visitation with my daughter and everything else had to be on my terms. My daughter has just had her 2nd Birthday and knows who her dad is but he Doesnt live in the same City he lives 6hours away. Just Curious if I let him back into her life would he Run away again when the going gets tough. will he be back in and out of her life? Soo Many Questions If someone could help that would be great, Thanks smile

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
ManiicChalkBoards
HI All, I got Pregnant at the Age of 18, The father of my daughter got scared so ran away at the time he was 20. Once my Daughter was almost Due her Father decided to come back and be there for the Birth of her. He stuck around abit more up untill she was 6months old. He then started showing his true colors and Hit me Whilst i was Holding onto my daughter. I got a Protection Order on him and Got Full custody of my daughter and he was to have supervised visitation with my daughter and everything else had to be on my terms. My daughter has just had her 2nd Birthday and knows who her dad is but he Doesnt live in the same City he lives 6hours away. Just Curious if I let him back into her life would he Run away again when the going gets tough. will he be back in and out of her life? Soo Many Questions If someone could help that would be great, Thanks smile

More than likely, yes, but why would you want someone like that in your daughter's life anyhow? Yes, it is important for a child to know where he/she came from, but it's also important to make sure they have good influences and make sure they're not around poisonous people.
If he got violent with you once and has not sought treatment/stayed in treatment then he is pretty much gauranteed to do it again. Same goes for whether or not he will stick around.
I have experience with a 'when I want' dad (mine, though) and I also have experience with abusive relationships, so if you'd like to talk about these things, feel free to talk to me, or PM me if you want to discuss something that's a little uncomfortable to share in public.
My advice though - if he can't keep his hands to himself, and can't even bother to stick around except when it's convienient for him, then I'd keep him away. Children, even as young as two years old and younger, can be negatively impacted by any sort of violence around them.

Shirtless Informer

I have several of these: http://www.abbyslane.com/Goodnight-Pad-with-two-liners_p_29.html
They are cloth pads that are meant for periods and can be used post partum. You simply throw them in the wash and reuse them (Hubby will be doing laundry every two days at least since we are cloth diapering anyway so it's not a big deal to throw in a couple extra things)

As for sitting around naked, I used to sleep naked when on my period on a towel. It never bothered me. I'm not filthy, I shower and everything. Again, since we will be doing laundry every two days the towels I lay on (We have several big thick towels that will be used during our home birth which will be fine for post partum as well) will be getting washed regularly. It's not like I'll be sitting on the same towel for a week at a time. Sorry if I didn't explain everything every well. lol

To me it seems more gross to have the blood collecting so close to my v****a on the pad than to just let it get on the towel while my bits can still breathe and be "free" so to speak. As for walking around, It's literally 12-14 steps from the bed we'll be laying on (A mattress on the floor because we will be cosleeping. The mattress already has a waterproof cover wrapped around it because 1- I'm worried I'll pee myself in the middle of the night when I'm REALLY pregnant, lol and 2- The baby might leak from it's diaper or have a poop explosion at 2AM or throw up or drool a lot or something else messy that we want to protect the mattress from. So we have the waterproof cover under the fitted sheet. Then we put a towel down on top of the fitted sheet under my body as extra protection from my fluids) to the toilet and bath tub so it wouldn't be hard to just put a towel on the floor and walk on that.

My husband will be home for the first 4 weeks and basically will be doing everything for me so baby and I can do our thing. So I really won't have any real "need" to do anything like cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. for the first month. I'll be sitting around anyway and just have hubby bring my diapers to change her and stuff obviously.So, I just think it would feel gross to me to sit in underwear all the time with the fluids pooling around my junk like that. lol

I hope that made more sense? sweatdrop
Lilith Delost

You really do live an all natural lifestyle. It's so very different the way you think from everyone else around me. It makes sense though if you are used to doing it with your period. I absolutely hate leaking outside of my pads unless I'm in the bath or on the toilet. When I lost that first huge clot I was sooooo grossed out, I ran to the bathroom so fast because I felt it falling. It was the size of a flattened golfball and I freaked out. lol

Kitakiy

Nah the pad doesn't pull on my stitches. The skin was swollen down there and the stitches were so close to the entry that the folds blocked it well. On the bright side, I didn't feel them putting the stitches in. I knew she was doing it because she told me and I felt a little tugging but it didn't hurt. I think it was because the epidural. I was surprised that even that didn't hurt. I told them not to show me anything and I had my eyes closed when they brought out needles so I didn't freak out. They did a good job keeping me from seeing anything that would scare me. Big chicken over here.

Shirtless Informer

ZellyKat
Lilith Delost

You really do live an all natural lifestyle. It's so very different the way you think from everyone else around me. It makes sense though if you are used to doing it with your period. I absolutely hate leaking outside of my pads unless I'm in the bath or on the toilet. When I lost that first huge clot I was sooooo grossed out, I ran to the bathroom so fast because I felt it falling. It was the size of a flattened golfball and I freaked out. lol

Yeah I'm not a fan of underwear, let alone wearing pads in underwear. I own several pairs but I honestly can't recall the last time I wore any of them. lol
It feels more gross to me to have it "stuck" up in there or close to my body then to just have it leaking out at night. Everyone is different though. 3nodding

I used to use sea sponge tampons for my periods because I could still get away with no underwear and still be all natural and healthy to my body (I can't use what most women know as "tampons", like the kind you can just go buy in the store, they gross me out and scare me. lol), but didn't have to deal with leaking all over when moving around and going out. lol

My lifestyle and choices and stuff are a little...offbeat... but they work for me. I'm pretty happy being "that crazy hippie chick." Seriously, even my neighbors know me as 'the neighborhood flower child." because it's a close community and things get talked about it's pretty common knowledge I'm having a home birth, and seeing a midwife, and walk around the house in the nude most of the time. One of my neighbors actually came over to visit last summer when we had a naked BBQ...lol I love her so much she is way fun. She came in (I told her there were a bunch of naked people in the house including hubby and myself, lol) and she wasn't phased and Hubby greeted her at the top of the stairs and they hugged (We greet each other with hugs all the time) and it wasn't weird or awkward or anything. She was totally chill with people just hanging out eating burgers on towels on our couch (We're clean people, towels are used for sitting on things when naked in this house!! lol)

Adorable Fatcat

That's a lot of bleeding to deal with. The first week is off the hook crazy, floodgates open, levies broken and all hell broke loose....

Hell, two and a half weeks after I had Michael, I had a bout of bleeding that soaked through one of the megapads within half and hour and leaked all over my hardwood floor.

I'm not squeamish, but....yeah.....shitload of yuck to be dealing with when you're tired and distracted and focused on Jr.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Lilith Delost

Yeah I'm not a fan of underwear, let alone wearing pads in underwear. I own several pairs but I honestly can't recall the last time I wore any of them. lol
It feels more gross to me to have it "stuck" up in there or close to my body then to just have it leaking out at night. Everyone is different though. 3nodding

I used to use sea sponge tampons for my periods because I could still get away with no underwear and still be all natural and healthy to my body (I can't use what most women know as "tampons", like the kind you can just go buy in the store, they gross me out and scare me. lol), but didn't have to deal with leaking all over when moving around and going out. lol

My lifestyle and choices and stuff are a little...offbeat... but they work for me. I'm pretty happy being "that crazy hippie chick." Seriously, even my neighbors know me as 'the neighborhood flower child." because it's a close community and things get talked about it's pretty common knowledge I'm having a home birth, and seeing a midwife, and walk around the house in the nude most of the time. One of my neighbors actually came over to visit last summer when we had a naked BBQ...lol I love her so much she is way fun. She came in (I told her there were a bunch of naked people in the house including hubby and myself, lol) and she wasn't phased and Hubby greeted her at the top of the stairs and they hugged (We greet each other with hugs all the time) and it wasn't weird or awkward or anything. She was totally chill with people just hanging out eating burgers on towels on our couch (We're clean people, towels are used for sitting on things when naked in this house!! lol)

Wow... so were you raised like that or is this kind of lifestyle just something you started on your own? It really does sound completely all natural ^_^ and TOTALLY different from the way I was raised and the way I live.
I kind of prefer to be able to just... get rid of my 'mess' during my TOTM, but it would kinda be cool to not make so much garbage sweatdrop
I will be using disposable diapers too, but partly because of my washer/dryer situation (apartment have public ones you have to pay for so it would be rude and expensive for me to use those, and I'm fairly certain my stepdad would hate for me to use his for that, not to mention having to drive there even MORE often to do the laundry, and we can't afford a service). I'm pretty sure that we would just have a really hard time with it anyway lol.
It definately sounds like you live quite an interesting lifestyle!

BTW in case anyone was wondering, the issue was just that Cody didn't want me to go through a whole lot of trouble to breastfeed and I think he may have been being a bit defensive about the fact that his two previous children were raised on formula - he doesn't actually have a problem with exclusively breast-feeding, and we are keeping some formula for backup (we already have a ton of the free samples haha) but for back-up ONLY.

And I have GOT to stop watching Juno... LOL I tear up every time, which is really getting ridiculous... is it just because it involves babies and pregnancy or what??? I need some new movies... I've watched all of these at least four times in the last few months....

Shirtless Informer

Kitakiy
Wow... so were you raised like that or is this kind of lifestyle just something you started on your own? It really does sound completely all natural ^_^ and TOTALLY different from the way I was raised and the way I live.

kinda-sorta. My mom is less hippie than me and I was formula fed, dispoable diapered, etc. but we had a "family bed" style thing where everyone had their own room (Like Lilith will have her own room when she is old enough) but we were always welcome to come sleep with mom, and usually I did because she was a single mother working 3 jobs so night time was kind of "our time" as mother and daughter to talk and bond and cuddle and just spend time together. It was really nice that no matter what if I wanted to go sleep in bed with her I could. Obviously I didn't do it every night, and I didn't NEED to sleep in the same bed, but it was nice that I could because it made me feel safe, loved, and like my mom really did try her best to be there for me growing up. We would also shower together when we could. To save water and time and also again to chat and bond (In many cultures, mainly Asian ones that I can think of, bathing was and still is a community thing and all about socializing and stuff in many ways so showering and bathing together was no big deal and I see it being that way for my children as well. Clip with info on Japanese bath houses and the sense of community it brings. Warning: There are naked women bathing in this video) I also plan to take family trips to the local spa world which requires nudity and such. It's a cultural thing and I feel it is important to raise children that the human body is natural and beautiful in all shapes and sizes and forms and that being naked is not shameful or sexual, but that western cultural makes it seem that way. In this way I hope to help teach my daughter confidence, self esteem, body acceptance, and about how natural the human body is in it's functions (including but not limited to breastfeeding, birth, and other things) smile

Growing up, we also had a pool in our yard and lived on a decently big plot of land and my mom and I would go skinny dipping in the pool on many summer nights together. It was awesome and fun. We would swim and chat and just enjoy the moonlight and be mother and daughter and bond and catch up and discuss life and issues and things. For me, it feels sooo good to swim naked, I prefer it over bathing suits any day. lol smile

So while I wasn't raised totally natural, I was raised in many "offbeat" ways by most western cultural standards.

My husband, he was raised with homeopathy and chiropractors and natural medicines. He was breastfed and cloth diapered. So he has many natural things he grew up with that will be pulled into making our family. We take what we love, leave the rest. It means we end up being pretty "offbeat" and out of place in the modern western culture... lol.

Quote:
I kind of prefer to be able to just... get rid of my 'mess' during my TOTM, but it would kinda be cool to not make so much garbage sweatdrop

It takes me les than 10 seocnds to wring out my sponge in the bathroom sink and put it back in. Not much of a hassle for me. I figure I'm going to be dealing with much worse when the baby is born, lol. Plus, my own fluids don't bother me at all. It's part fo nature and the human body and just how things are. I've never really thought of it as "dirty" or "nasty" but just something you deal with. It just seems "gross" to have it collected in underwear and stuff because of the smell and feeling I get of it all squishing and stuff. It's a sensation thing more than a cleanliness thing to me as far as underwear and pads and stuff. I just like being "free" too much. lol

Quote:
I will be using disposable diapers too, but partly because of my washer/dryer situation (apartment have public ones you have to pay for so it would be rude and expensive for me to use those, and I'm fairly certain my stepdad would hate for me to use his for that, not to mention having to drive there even MORE often to do the laundry, and we can't afford a service). I'm pretty sure that we would just have a really hard time with it anyway lol.
It definately sounds like you live quite an interesting lifestyle!

Yeah, cloth isn't something that works for everyone. We have our own washing and drying machine and I have no issues with having to rinse the diapers and stuff off by hand. Well, technically breastmilk is water soluble so I could technically toss the poopy diaper right in the wash no issue but I'm fine taking the extra step to rinse it first. Most people don't realize, you're actually supposed to rinse/scrape poop out of disposables and into a toilet before tossing them in the trash from what I have read and researched and found. Most people I know just throw the whole poopy thing in the garbage because they don't know any better.

My choice to cloth diaper isn't just about the planet, but also about saving money and more than anything it is about being healthy and safe for my child. There are so many nasty chemically things in disposable diapers, like with tampons and pads, that I don't want near such a sensitive area for me, let alone my baby (and my daughter will be raised on sea sponges or cloth pads when she hits that age as well). It's extra work for me, but worth it for what I feel is a large benefit to my child's well being inside and out. smile

lol sorry to talk so much. rofl

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Okay.. so breast feeding on the left n****e is a-okay.
The right. burning_eyes

Dying pain. I think it's because I have to use my left hand to position my n****e for him.. but I did get a perfect latch earlier! heart

This is so stressful.. and makes me feel like s**t because I can't breastfeed easily. Ugh.
However he is gaining all his weight back.. his diapers are already getting a little snug!

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
ZellyKat
Sleeping with no shirt and bra... I understand totally. Boob leakage makes such a mess but the clots and fluids really are kinda gross. Ya might want to at least give the first couple days a try with those pads, if you feel ok with the amount of fluids then go for it. Naked time is awesome. I have carpet (tan colored no less). So it's not possible for me to do more than walk around without a shirt.

My boobs leak like MAD.
I have to use a towel over one breast while feeding on the other... sweatdrop There is NO WAY I could sleep without a bra/pad combo... my bed would be a disaster.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Kitakiy

Zelly and Cupcake: SO not looking forward to stitches, and while I know it doesn't happen for EVERY woman, I also know that I'm kinda smallish down there so I will probably tear a considerable amout.... I think the itching would be almost as bad as the pain... but burning+itching would just be completely unbearable...

My stitches didn't hurt at all. My v****a being swollen hurt a little at first.. but nothing really after that..
But I also have an extreme pain tolerance.. sweatdrop
I've been able to manage after birth pains with just motrin haha.
The swelling DID hurt for a good day after... but the only problem with stitches is the itchyness when they are healing. whee

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Okay.. so breast feeding on the left n****e is a-okay.
The right. burning_eyes

Dying pain. I think it's because I have to use my left hand to position my n****e for him.. but I did get a perfect latch earlier! heart

This is so stressful.. and makes me feel like s**t because I can't breastfeed easily. Ugh.
However he is gaining all his weight back.. his diapers are already getting a little snug!

Aws... I hope it gets better. I'm sure it will down the road, but hopefully sooner than later.
You shouldn't feel bad - you're still doing the right thing for your little guy, whether or not it's easy at first!
Glad he's gaining weight! About how long is it supposed to take for babies to start gaining weight? I know they're supposed to lose a little when they first pop out.

I think I might be going into early labor, or might be in early labor. I'm still gonna go to work, since I haven't had any bad or rhythimic contractions, but I've been having quite a few the last few days (not to mention the ones I had last night... cody and I were doing things, and every time I got close to... y'know... my belly clenched up like MAD and cody though it was funny....). Also, been having some lower back pain that's a little different from the normal amount of back pain I've been used to, and the thing I read said that mushy poos are kind of sign XD because of the cervix softening hormones or whatever? Plus I'm pretty positive my mucus plug is completely gone and MAN has baby been pushing hard on my pelvis... I've been peeing like... every hour... and my pelvic bone HUUURTS...
Anyone have any insight? Is this early labor or is this just late-pregnancy pains?
After experiencing a miscarriage I would never attempt to just lie on a towel and go naked. I know that you deal with your periods like that, and I think that's fine. I use a cup myself. But I think you're underestimating the bleeding. I was only 9 weeks and it was unlike anything I've ever experienced. I can only imagine how heavy it'll be after I have Dexter. I hate pads, but I went out and bought a big giant overnight box last night. I'm not opposed to just wearing underwear and dealing with some staining after it's almost over (I did with the miscarriage near the end) but the beginning is so extreme it's kind of terrifying. My husband is a really logical, level-headed guy, but he was legit afraid I might die and he admitted seeing me bleed like that terrified him. I knew it was pretty extreme and it wasn't just me then.

Has anyone else had totally irrational fears of being deemed an unfit mother and having their child taken from them at the end of their pregnancies? I haven't felt like that at all until just recently. It's illogical and it's stupid but it's driving me insane and it's making me a basketcase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff