Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Satil

I won't lie and say I'm ridiculously active. But I still climb up and down stairs daily at work and do work around our house.

I don't think I ever congrats'd you on Travis's birth! Congrats! He's quite the handsome little man!

I'm having a hard time adjusting to getting around with his new position. Once I'm up and have been walking a bit it's not too bad. But getting up is pretty painful, and for the first few steps it's super uncomfortable and feels like he's trying to fall out. Like walking with a bowling ball held between my knees.

I felt the same way mama, 3nodding . Once I was comfortable sitting I was fine, and once I had been moving around for a few I was fine.. but those moments inbetween?
Awful!

And thank you, I wish I could say enjoy the time left of pregnancy.. but I didn't, and I knew I wouldn't. I knew I was done.. sweatdrop
I wish I could have been one of those women who liked pregnancy.. but with pre eclampsia twice? Nope. crying

I hope he doesn't keep giving you troubles! Or at least not any new ones.
ButterFairy Rainbow

They are so cute.
Kitakiy
bville_rhr
Hello everyone, I've subscribed to this thread & now have a question, as tonight being the Super Moon & me being 3 cm dilated & 70% effaced is it possible that my little one could be born tonight or early in the morning. smile I'm really hoping that I get to see him soon.

Wow, seems like you and I are in the same boat. My last doc appt on thursday, my doctor told me I was 3cm (though she forgot to mention my efacement bcesause she was so surprised) but you're like two weeks earlier than me. She said that either she'd see me at our next appointment (this coming thursday) or earlier lol
Tomorrow IS Mother's day, so you never know!

My Luna has started leaving visible bruises on my belly... they are quite painful and COMPLETELY. UNNECESSARY.
crying

And the guys at work have start a pool on when I will be having her... the earliest date is the 13th... and the store manager seems to think she's gonna wait until the 24th or 30th. They said that the proceeds will go to me... and then the winner will just a get a smaller giftcard.
I just think that maybe the store manager has too much time on his hands.... stare
Lol, well I would agree that it does seem the owner has too much time on his hands. So far no baby yet & I thought Mother's Day was the 13th? Today I went to a wedding & walked lots & I told my mother tomorrow I'm going to Walmart & walking lots more because I wanna try to dilate as much as possible before my water breaks or before labor so I don't have to lay in the awful beds a long time. Hopefully Luna will come soon for you. I'd say getting the bruises are unnecessarily. Good luck though.
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
ZellyKat
I tried to avoid them becuase people would tell me it interfered with breastfeeding.. but it seems to work out ok. The pediatrician told me not to let her use my own nipples as a pacifier anymore because of the tendency to chew and nibble. I'm okay with that. Kairi doesn't use pacifiers too often but it's nice to have a break once in a while.

Maybe it's a comfort thing for babies to suck when they're out of the womb?
the act of sucking is not only a comfy thing for them but it helps them produce more saliva to help with digesting their food. both of mine had binkies but they were both broke by the time they were two we done potty and binky at the same time.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I'm seriously.. over having stitches. burning_eyes

I hate the "after" part of having a baby.. the healing sucks.. I had stitches both times to ugh. crying

Shirtless Informer

Awesome weekend. :3
Cute picture from yesterday

My legs hurt SO bad from yesterday though. Between all the walking, and then dancing in the drum circle, and more walking....I'm amazed I didn't get woken up with leg cramps last night.. I am definitely resting for the next few days though.. It's really annoying to limp while pregnant (simply because it hurts to put weight on it, I CAN safely put weight on it but it hurts, haha).. Totally worth it though. lol

Cluttered Cutesmasher

Hi! I'm looking for some information/ real life experiences and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I've recently found out i'm strep B positive. I wasn't completely keen on getting pregnant one day because i'm scared of being sick, and even more scared of being in pain. But I did not completely dismiss the idea. That was until I found out that i'm strep B positive, i'm scared of needles, specifically IV's, and i'm more scared of IV's than I am of pain and being sick. Really negative expierence with an IV and i've kind of held onto it since.
(Yeah all my fears seem to relate to pregnancy/labour unfortunately)
All this together is rather off putting, but I don't know of anyone who is also strep B positive, so I was wondering if any of you have given birth being strep B positive, and can share the experience of having the IV and if you felt it was worth it? And how was your baby afterwards?
Don't hide it if it was negative, i'd rather know a true experience.

Thank you.

Lilith Delost
Awesome weekend. :3
Cute picture from yesterday

My legs hurt SO bad from yesterday though. Between all the walking, and then dancing in the drum circle, and more walking....I'm amazed I didn't get woken up with leg cramps last night.. I am definitely resting for the next few days though.. It's really annoying to limp while pregnant (simply because it hurts to put weight on it, I CAN safely put weight on it but it hurts, haha).. Totally worth it though. lol
omg you two are too cute 4laugh glad you had a good time and hope you take it easy the next couple days 3nodding
The Neon Sailor
i have tested positive with all of my kids. and with my two oldest things went just fine. they keep me on the IV atibioctics through my labor like planed and as a just in case keep us a extra day but me and both of my lil ones have come out just fine with no problems at all.
Okay so I have another question. I'm 37 weeks 1 day & last appointment was 3 cm & 70% effaced. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get rechecked & if I have dilated even further & they still don't send me to the hospital to go ahead & deliver what are the chances I could get my membranes stripped so I could go into labor naturally without my water breaking or having the Pitocin?

Adorable Fatcat

The Neon Sailor
Hi! I'm looking for some information/ real life experiences and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I've recently found out i'm strep B positive. I wasn't completely keen on getting pregnant one day because i'm scared of being sick, and even more scared of being in pain. But I did not completely dismiss the idea. That was until I found out that i'm strep B positive, i'm scared of needles, specifically IV's, and i'm more scared of IV's than I am of pain and being sick. Really negative expierence with an IV and i've kind of held onto it since.
(Yeah all my fears seem to relate to pregnancy/labour unfortunately)
All this together is rather off putting, but I don't know of anyone who is also strep B positive, so I was wondering if any of you have given birth being strep B positive, and can share the experience of having the IV and if you felt it was worth it? And how was your baby afterwards?
Don't hide it if it was negative, i'd rather know a true experience.

Thank you.

I suppose it depends on where you live and where you're giving birth. Some places require an IV whether you're having antibiotics or no.

Most IVs aren't bad, really. If you have someone experienced and keep calm, then it's a quick process and not terribly painful. Perhaps you could discuss your fears with the staff and see if they could get the most experienced of the nurses to administer your IV?

Personally, my last experience with an IV wasn't great. Someone new to inserting IVs was given the task under the eye of a more experienced nurse. I was ok with that because everyone needs practice, lol. They never get good if they don't ever get to try, right? Unfortunately, I have very few veins good for IV insertion and they are all pretty small. They had to use a 20g instead of the normal 18g. The poor gal couldn't quite get it, so her mentor had to take over. It hurt and was unpleasant, but it wasn't the end of the world. Once the IV was in, it didn't hurt at all and I got on with life and the business of birth.

I was undergoing a c-section, so I would say that the IV was worth it. They certainly weren't going to let me go in without one, har har. It was a good thing to have one anyway because, as soon as the spinal block was administered, my blood pressure bottomed out. Zofran is your friend when your blood pressure does that as is normal saline.

The best I can tell you is to practice your deep breathing exercises and have someone there to hold your hand.

I have to mention this as an aside. Everything I had done pre-op seemed to be training exercises. xd The IV, the lab draw and the spinal block. The poor nurse anesthesiologist doing the spinal block had a hell of a time. It seems I'm rather resistant to the effects of lidocaine, which they use to numb the insertion site for the needle. I kept yelling at her every time she checked to see if I was numb. rofl

Lucky for them, I'm a good sport and don't have it in me to hold grudges. xp

Adorable Fatcat

Lil Enslaved Kitten
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
ZellyKat
I tried to avoid them becuase people would tell me it interfered with breastfeeding.. but it seems to work out ok. The pediatrician told me not to let her use my own nipples as a pacifier anymore because of the tendency to chew and nibble. I'm okay with that. Kairi doesn't use pacifiers too often but it's nice to have a break once in a while.

the act of sucking is not only a comfy thing for them but it helps them produce more saliva to help with digesting their food. both of mine had binkies but they were both broke by the time they were two we done potty and binky at the same time.

I see no problem with binkies as long as they aren't allowed to use them past the time when they are meant to be used. This kiddo is definitely a binky baby. My first one would have rather been keel-hauled than use a binky. xd

But it definitely irks me to see a four or five year old walking around with a binky hanging out of their mouth.

If the kiddo isn't hungry and just wants to suckle, I see no problem at all with binkies. Couldn't agree with you more.

Shirtless Informer

bville_rhr
Okay so I have another question. I'm 37 weeks 1 day & last appointment was 3 cm & 70% effaced. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get rechecked & if I have dilated even further & they still don't send me to the hospital to go ahead & deliver what are the chances I could get my membranes stripped so I could go into labor naturally without my water breaking or having the Pitocin?

You are still early in the game as far as thinking about inductions and getting baby out. Unles there is an actual medical need to induce for the babies health or yours it is best to just wait it out until you are at least 40 weeks to induce labor because it can complicate things and cause more issues than it resolves in a healthy mother and child who is just not ready to be born yet, rather than needing ot have the baby out for safety and health.

Stripping memebranes will not help unless baby is ready or close to ready, and I'm pretty sure at this point he most likely isn't because you are still so early (and in fact you could be even earlier since your EDD could be off by as much as two weeks). Just give it a few more weeks, I know it's not easy and time is probably dragging by, but waiting a few more weeks before trying to induce (whether naturally, or with drugs like pitocin) is the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby unless there is a medical need, and not just a desire to have the baby already. smile

In the mean time you can encourage labor to get ready soon. Try walking, squatting, dancing/moving your hips. Try eating spicy food, having lots of rough sex, getting n****e stimulation for about an hour or two a day, masturbation and orgasms orgasms orgasms!!! wink

Kill time and try to make it go faster by double checking that everything is ready (clothes washed, diapers where they belong, furniture and things ready, house babyproofed, bag packed, birth plan and preparation written and ready and known and understood, talking about the process with your support system and making sure everyone is on the same page, trying a few crafts or hobbies to keep your mind busy, etc. heart

Also, you do not have to be induced at all, especially if there is no medical need for it. You CAN refuse induction if you don't want to force baby before he is ready. Your doctor may try scare tactics, threaten to drop you, etc. or whatever, but LEGALLY you do NOT have to go in and be induced. I have a friend who "scheduled" her 40 week induction because her doctor was getting forceful about it and she just "forgot" about it that day and never came in. She then went into labor on her own 3 days later without issue and the doctor never did anything about her not showing up for the induction before because, what could they do? Not a damn thing. It is YOUR body and YOUR baby. Be strong, and do whatever you feel is best. 3nodding

Some infolinks:
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/induction-of-labour-to-induce-or-not-induce
http://www.glorialemay.com/blog/?p=83
http://www.natural-pregnancy-mentor.com/pitocin-induction.html
http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/stripping-membranes
http://anthrodoula.blogspot.com/2010/11/baby-is-not-at-term-at-37-weeks.html
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/induction-labour.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3fPauJEy7fc
Lilith Delost
bville_rhr

You are still early in the game as far as thinking about inductions and getting baby out. Unles there is an actual medical need to induce for the babies health or yours it is best to just wait it out until you are at least 40 weeks to induce labor because it can complicate things and cause more issues than it resolves in a healthy mother and child who is just not ready to be born yet, rather than needing ot have the baby out for safety and health.

Stripping memebranes will not help unless baby is ready or close to ready, and I'm pretty sure at this point he most likely isn't because you are still so early (and in fact you could be even earlier since your EDD could be off by as much as two weeks). Just give it a few more weeks, I know it's not easy and time is probably dragging by, but waiting a few more weeks before trying to induce (whether naturally, or with drugs like pitocin) is the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby unless there is a medical need, and not just a desire to have the baby already. smile

In the mean time you can encourage labor to get ready soon. Try walking, squatting, dancing/moving your hips. Try eating spicy food, having lots of rough sex, getting n****e stimulation for about an hour or two a day, masturbation and orgasms orgasms orgasms!!! wink

Kill time and try to make it go faster by double checking that everything is ready (clothes washed, diapers where they belong, furniture and things ready, house babyproofed, bag packed, birth plan and preparation written and ready and known and understood, talking about the process with your support system and making sure everyone is on the same page, trying a few crafts or hobbies to keep your mind busy, etc. heart

Also, you do not have to be induced at all, especially if there is no medical need for it. You CAN refuse induction if you don't want to force baby before he is ready. Your doctor may try scare tactics, threaten to drop you, etc. or whatever, but LEGALLY you do NOT have to go in and be induced. I have a friend who "scheduled" her 40 week induction because her doctor was getting forceful about it and she just "forgot" about it that day and never came in. She then went into labor on her own 3 days later without issue and the doctor never did anything about her not showing up for the induction before because, what could they do? Not a damn thing. It is YOUR body and YOUR baby. Be strong, and do whatever you feel is best. 3nodding

Some infolinks:
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/induction-of-labour-to-induce-or-not-induce
http://www.glorialemay.com/blog/?p=83
http://www.natural-pregnancy-mentor.com/pitocin-induction.html
http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/stripping-membranes
http://anthrodoula.blogspot.com/2010/11/baby-is-not-at-term-at-37-weeks.html
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/induction-labour.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3fPauJEy7fc

Thank you for the information but the only reason I'm even thinking about having my membranes stripped is because if I have dilated even further & I'm meaning in the situation that they are sending me to the hospital to break my water and have me deliver if instead it would seem fair to just have my membranes stripped & let labor set in naturally instead of having the pitocin. If they're not going to send me to the hospital then I don't want to be induced I'd rather keep making progress dilating.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
ZellyKat

I read that using a binky for the first year can actually help a baby - and obviously help the mother. But, anytime after that and it just becomes a habit. I'll definately use them, but I'll get rid of them by 2 at the latest. I think they're 'supposed' to go at around the same time as bottles.
I'll have to look into it again for the exact reasons... but I think it's supposed to HELP a baby with breastfeeding, provided it has the right kind of n****e on it.
But if it was such a bad thing, there wouldn't be such a wide selection, right? ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff