Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Hayatochi
I have a question that I'd like to ask for a friend.
My friend is 32 weeks pregnant, and the father is a complete a-hole who will not grow up and face the reality that he is a father. (this is a teenage pregnancy. We're seniors in high school)
Now this isn't about how to repair their relationship, because I know pretty well that it is over. What I'm concerned is if she can just not put the father's name on the birth certificate and not give the baby his last name. They're not married and they're probably not going to get married. She doesn't want the baby to do anything with the father (which I whole-heartily agree with), and it'll make legal documents easier for her whenever she has to fill things out and the baby has the same last name as her instead of a different last name.

Is it possible for her to do that? (we live in Texas if that helps)
My sister did that. My niece has her last name. The father pretty much ditched my sis and called her a slut. Her best friend ended up being her support during pregnancy and now they are together. Best friend became daddy but the birth certificate does not have the fathers name on it.. or at least it didn't at birth. Not sure if my sister ended up letting him sign it after all. I never asked.

Shirtless Informer

Ironic thing? I wanted to not be a pain in my husbands a** and was like "Just make it a smoothie." but hubby was like "Hey hunny, what do you think about this whole powder thing? I'd do it if you want." and so basically he did his own research into it and then volunteered to do more work with it ALL ON HIS OWN. He is so awesome. He's like "It helps with PPD so we should make it last and make it into a powder. I'll do more work no problem. I love you and want the best for you." I'm spoiled. whee

Also, he is WAY supportive of me and my birth choices and stuff. He is going to be simply amazing during my labor. heart
He is actually really excited and determined to catch the baby. Like he wants to be right down there to catch the baby himself. I love how happy and looking forward to the whole thing he is and it says a lot about him that he isn't worried about being down there when I'm fully dilated and pushing out the baby. I have a great man. whee

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
My husband would be so useless during labor. He would be freaking out more than I would.
rofl

But the way he is with Ashton and will be with Travis more than makes up for it. Plus, we don't have a choice. He simply can't be there. So I've already just gotten over that face. My wonderful Aunt will be there.. and she helped deliver Ashton. So I'm good. cool

I could.. never use my placenta to make a smoothie.. unless it was already in a powder form.
However I donate mine, so it isn't an issue for me.
SlightlyBurntCupcake

Donate? To other women?

Quotable Hunter

quick question.

so im 18 weeks and by baby kicks and punches me like crazy. i can feel it and see it. right now i can clearly tell the baby is on the right side of my uterus. Its also kicking like crazy on that side...

but suddenly i felt a kick on the left side at the same time. I looked over and also at the same time theres a lil bump on my left side.

o-0 is it possible my baby is like stretching and kicking two spots almost at the same time?
Sexy Sirens Song

Lol, happend to me too. Baby is stretching and kicking with all limbs.

Quotable Hunter

lol kk cuz it freaked me out so badly. XD cuz my mom is always joking around about how im having twins but when i went to the doc they only heard one baby heart beat
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Watermellon Pisces
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Blood Work

Just these types of things, unless you already had this done.. then IDK. sweatdrop

I haven't had any of that done. I used to donate plasma and blood so I'm not uncomfortable with doing that.

Then that is probably what you're going in for, and it's pretty typical with pregnancies now. 3nodding
Nothing to be worried about!

Well that's a relief. yay.

Shameless Consumer

Hayatochi
I have a question that I'd like to ask for a friend.
My friend is 32 weeks pregnant, and the father is a complete a-hole who will not grow up and face the reality that he is a father. (this is a teenage pregnancy. We're seniors in high school)
Now this isn't about how to repair their relationship, because I know pretty well that it is over. What I'm concerned is if she can just not put the father's name on the birth certificate and not give the baby his last name. They're not married and they're probably not going to get married. She doesn't want the baby to do anything with the father (which I whole-heartily agree with), and it'll make legal documents easier for her whenever she has to fill things out and the baby has the same last name as her instead of a different last name.

Is it possible for her to do that? (we live in Texas if that helps)

It depends on the state what exactly she'd have to do, but she should be able to without any huge problems. Since I'm unmarried both me and the father had to fill out paternity acknowledgement forms for him to get put on the birth certificate. The hospital nurses also assumed I was giving my girls my last name because I was unmarried.

Depending on the state she might not get rights to child support without his name on the birth certificate though, so it's something she should look into.
I could absolutely never bring myself to eat my placenta unless I was dying. Seriously. If some women want to do it I think it's fabulous. It grosses me out so bad it makes my stomach turn!

Shawn's planning on catching Dexter if at all possible. I think it's a fabulous way to bring him into the world. Depends on if I want him focused on me at the moment, or down there to catch. He's willing to do either.

Interesting Werewolf

9,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Hey guys could it be possible for you discharged to be darker, and it not be any where close to your period time...

Im worried because with my last pregnancy my discharge got darker and then i spotted in the beginning and that was it... If im prego then yay if not thats okay to im just confused if a discharge can be darker (brownish reddish) than normal, and not be prego pls quote me I have alot of threads im subscribed too so its a little hard for me to keep up.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Faerie: Oh I busted my a** to lose that weight. I hated being so "fat". every second of it. I did so much yoga. rofl
It's going to be hard with two kids.. but I have so much determination.

Zelly: Some people get it turned into a pill? Which isn't so bad I guess.. I WOULDN'T do it.. nor would I eat a regular placenta...
I saw mine after having Ashton. It was disgusting. :/ And I'm normally not grossed out. But it was ugly and ew..

body wash: It's very good you haven't had pre eclampsia.. it SUCKS. I had a terrible case.. and was starting to get migraines so bad I would lose vision =(.

ALSO. I'm mega huge... and just shaved. It looks TERRIBLE. Totally going out to get a wax in a few weeks.. xD!

Well you are very inspirational!

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
ZellyKat
SlightlyBurntCupcake

Donate? To other women?

Donate the blood.. and tissue of it for science I guess.. I planned on it with Ashton. I didn't know HOW, but thankfully they had a woman there and she took care of everything. ^_^
I really wish that I remembered all that was donated..
I mean, I didn't want it.. so somebody asking to take it away from me was jusssssttt fine with me! rofl
Our hospital has a representative ask every woman who comes in who is having a baby. I'm not sure if every hospital is the same though.
SlightlyBurntCupcake
ZellyKat
SlightlyBurntCupcake

Donate? To other women?

Donate the blood.. and tissue of it for science I guess.. I planned on it with Ashton. I didn't know HOW, but thankfully they had a woman there and she took care of everything. ^_^
I really wish that I remembered all that was donated..
I mean, I didn't want it.. so somebody asking to take it away from me was jusssssttt fine with me! rofl
Our hospital has a representative ask every woman who comes in who is having a baby. I'm not sure if every hospital is the same though.
That's interesting. I don't know if they do anything like that with women in my hospital. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm at UCLA medical center... If I can remember to ask, I will. I don't plan on eating mine at all.. I'd rather let it go to a better cause.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The Fetish Faerie

Well you are very inspirational!

sweatdrop , thanks... I think for me.. I have known too many girls who never attempted to lose the baby weight.
I hated my after birth body. I tried so hard and pushed myself to get into shape.... it's important to me though. Body image that is.
I have a friend who just recently lost all her baby weight.
Her daughter is a month younger than Ashton. And she gained less weight than I did.
I mean.. I feel proud of her.. but... :/

I want to be able to run around with my boys.. and be apart of their lives and enjoy them. I don't just want to be a bleacher mom. crying
Not saying this for all overweight people.. just that it IS NOT for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff