Welcome to Gaia! ::

You guys are all so cute!
You can do it.
I have been dating my boyfriend for four years. We both live in Australia now but he is from England and we met online smile .

Greedy Cat

Zuluu
You can do it.
I have been dating my boyfriend for four years. We both live in Australia now but he is from England and we met online smile .

Ha! I remember you from like, years ago!
It's great to hear that you and your boyfriend are doing well!

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
I met my girlfriend on here over a year ago. We just instantly clicked and felt immediately there was something special about the other. heart Now, she may only be a two hour drive away (we're nowhere near as far apart as some of these other posts I've seen sweatdrop ), but we still aren't able to see each other for months at a time. I'm hoping I can see her for her birthday in a few weeks. c:
Sophisticated Simplicity
Zuluu
You can do it.

Ha! I remember you from like, years ago!
It's great to hear that you and your boyfriend are doing well!

I remember you too!
We are doing great. Wanting to move back to England but that's nothing really. smile
This is my first post in nearly a year and a half.

For anyone still here that remembers Angel and I, she broke up with me about three months ago. We went through a really rough time and I thought I was doing the right thing, and I ended up just pushing her away. I feel like a complete moron for letting the best thing that ever happened to me out of my life. She can't stand me anymore. I don't know what to do. I picked my orders (I'm in the Navy) to go to Japan to be closer to her just before we broke up. I'm stuck in another country, alone. :/

There is a point to my post, it's that if you found the person you want to spend your life with, and that you couldn't imagine waking up without seeing their face, whether it's on Skype or next to you in bed, don't make rash decisions based on your emotion. Take a second, and talk about it. Trust me, you'll be a lot better off when you don't make decisions like that. I made a stupid decision and ruined my life. She says I haven't and that I'll find someone else and all that Jazz. I know that isn't true for me though. She's the only girl I've ever loved like this before. She was my best friend, and I ruined it. I've woken up everyday for nearly three months now, with my mind unable to concentrate on anything without thinking of her. My job is really dangerous, and I catch myself starring off into space thinking about her. What she's doing, how she's doing, is she alright.. etc. It sucks. Maybe it's just Karma for doing what I've done to her.

TL;DR version: If you have what you want: Keep it. don't do anything stupid. COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE.
Hey everyone!

I am super excited! My fiance and I are finally about to close the Distance Gap. She is moving here with her son on June 19th, and we are finally getting married on the August 17th! It is about TIME, and it sure has been a powerful road. I am excited ya'll!!!

Greedy Cat

msxgee
Awwww nahh. Has it really been four years since I was on this thread!?

Not that anyone cares but after nearly three years together - a year and a half of it as a LDR - he and I wound up married ... and we had our son 12 days before the three-years milestone. 3nodding

Now our son's one and we're thriving.

So if things are great and you have a great thing going on, distance be damned!

Aww, that's wonderful to hear!

I admit I get curious about how people are doing in their relationships sometimes, especially after a long while of not posting, so it's always nice when someone comes back after a while and posts an update. 3nodding
Sooo, would we consider 3 hours distance long-distance? Oh ******** it, it totally is.

Somehow I don't think I need all that much support... I went through this with my ex for a LONG time... a REALLY long time... and it was a further distance. Visiting each other wasn't really possible, whereas here, we should be able to see each other a couple times a month at least...

But honestly? I may surprise myself. I may need some sort of support and place to vent about the loneliness. He's military, he's 3 hours away by car... We JUST started dating recently, and yeah, I have not even begun to face the real challenges here. But I do think that it'll be easier this time around. He's used to distance from deployment, but... this is hitting him hard, too. It really is. xd New-love makes the distance a bit harder.
Bump post to revive the thread. 3nodding

Hallowed Gekko

I began a LDR in October. We met online.
I'm from roughly LA, and he Toronto.
We got engaged in April, I am moving in with him in June, and we're getting married in August.

It was hard, and I know that I have not been in one nearly as long as some other people, but I think it was totally worth it.

Timid Kitten

What do you guys do about your parents not believing that this guy you're dating is "real"? My mom seems to think that he's some sort of ***** but I've webcammed with him and everything. Pretty sure that he isn't.
He's really worried about it too. My mom's not even letting me talk to him (she took away my phone and accounts and everything)
Please help...

Greedy Cat

g0ld3Nn
What do you guys do about your parents not believing that this guy you're dating is "real"? My mom seems to think that he's some sort of ***** but I've webcammed with him and everything. Pretty sure that he isn't.
He's really worried about it too. My mom's not even letting me talk to him (she took away my phone and accounts and everything)
Please help...

Get her to talk to him, show him to her on webcam, let her talk to his family. She's worried because she doesn't know him the way you do, so let her get to know him as a person instead of just "someone on the Internet".

Chatty Kitten

Ok, this is an edited post, because I feel like I need a place to just spit out my worries without being judged too harshly.

When my partner first moved to Japan (he's finishing his last year of college there, previously to that we have been together in 'normal' relationship for 7 years, in a European country where I still live) I had just graduated from college. The time difference between us is huge, so the only way to skype with him and whatnot was during the day. I knew this would be impossible if I got a job, so I sort of wasn't job hunting as hard as I should have. (Don't worry, where I live you don't get paid by the state during your first year of unemployment, so I wasn't leeching off anyone.) But it made me a little unhappy, spending my days sitting behind the computer waiting for him to come online (because he had college and two jobs he had to manage, and he often forgot to/couldn't tell me on time about hours thant changed and whatnot). So after a while I decided to really put my heart into finding a job, which proved to be a real struggle. But recently, I was able to find a part-time job at a place where I love to work, completely in line with my degree and everything. The only catch was, of course, that we wouldn't be able to talk as much as we used to. I asumed that he knew that I at one point had to get a job though, and I figured since it was part-time we could still talk on the days I didn't have to go to work.
But for the past few weeks we have hardly been able to contact eachother at all. His schedule got even busier, and I'm not as flexible as I used to be (apart from my working hours I also have to have a set sleeping pattern in order to be productive, etc.). So I tried to fill in the gap in between conversations by sending him email. But he never responds, and it makes me so sad. sad For example, I knew for sure he had a day off today. But I had to go to work. And still, even though he had the time, he didn't send me an email. And even at times where we got to talk he didn't seem interested in my new job at all, and was only bringing it up to complain about how we 'never' got to talk to eachother anymore through skype. So now I feel hurt, seeing how I wasted a good 6 months constantly being there for him whenever he needed me, but now having the feeling that he took my attention for granted and isn't willing to invest in other means of bonding and communicating.

Long story short, LDRs are hard kids.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces