Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you shy?

yes, and i hate it 0.6875 68.8% [ 132 ]
yes, but i like it 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 14 ]
nope, but i wish i was (if you choose this one, i will kill you) 0.020833333333333 2.1% [ 4 ]
nope, glad im not! 0.125 12.5% [ 24 ]
yea...whatever, POLL WHORE!! 0.09375 9.4% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 192 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

I'm really shy. If I don't know people, I never talk! I'm not a nerd, but I'm kind of average. In between popular and nerdy, but I've been bullied by the meanest kid in school who used to be my best friend, and so a lot of people know my secrets. I also am not that pretty, just kinda average, so sometimes my hair is all curly and I don't feel like straightening it, or I don't wear makie up, so I hear people laughing at me when I walk by.

I also sometimes feel myself blushing when anyone popular or worth talking to speaks to me, especially if I don't know them. I'm really outgoing with nerds and people like that, even though I'm not one, and very loud with my friends, but I don't know. I just am kinda intimidated by popular people, I guess. I don't know if it's better to be shy and not say stupid stuff or to be louder.
:i'm shy. i have problems looking at people and having conversations. cry i feel like i'm not that interesting and i think i'm a cool person. i dont have many friends and people are afraid 2 talk 2 me cuz i'm quiet and dont know how i'll react. crying
I used to be very shy, now I have better self esteem and I'm not so self consiouse(I know, I spelled it wrong sweatdrop ). Every now and then I get a case of shyness and I'm still kinda quiet but in a more 'I don't care' kind of way.
It'sdifficult to put yourself out there and actually talk to poeple when your shy, which takes your confidence down, which makes you moere shy. It's a vicous cycle.
goomba2244
I'm really shy. If I don't know people, I never talk! I'm not a nerd, but I'm kind of average. In between popular and nerdy, but I've been bullied by the meanest kid in school who used to be my best friend, and so a lot of people know my secrets. I also am not that pretty, just kinda average, so sometimes my hair is all curly and I don't feel like straightening it, or I don't wear makie up, so I hear people laughing at me when I walk by.

I also sometimes feel myself blushing when anyone popular or worth talking to speaks to me, especially if I don't know them. I'm really outgoing with nerds and people like that, even though I'm not one, and very loud with my friends, but I don't know. I just am kinda intimidated by popular people, I guess. I don't know if it's better to be shy and not say stupid stuff or to be louder.
Chances are they are laughing at something else not you. I used to feel that way, then I learned not to care so much of what other people think of me. And don't feel intimidated by 'popular' people, they're people too. Honestly, just be yourself and you don't need to be louder just think before you speak(that's what I do now). 3nodding

I'm not really shy, because I don't have a problem around close friends or people I know. I just have Social Anxiety Disorder, and so when I'm around people I don't know or large groups of people, I freak out.

It sucks.
I'm not shy around my friends or people who know me but once i meet strangers i would be a bit quieter. TBH im not as bothered by it now since im older than i was when i was younger. People will either accept you for who you are or they won't and if its their problem, lifes too short to be worrying about what other people think of you, just be yourself! I find its very easy to get along with people who share the same interests as you or have the same sense of humour, even if they are strangers. (hint: if in college or school then join clubs/societies that interest you! wink )
I am extremely shy and almost never talk to anybody. I have been this way all my life. Thanks to my shyness I failed in school, so now I am home schooled, which doesn't help with the problem much. I have never really had many friends, and people quite often think I don't like them because I don't talk to them
But since I started taking meds for anxiety it has started to get a bit better. I was lucky enough to get a job, and manage to make it through an interview. Although I still rarely talk to people, even ones that I have known for along time.

3,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Some of you say that you're just going to accept it. I can't! That's impossible to accept something that makes me miserable and just live with it. No way, I'm fighting against it till I die.
Im not hy. Im sorry to those who are.
Genufer
I am extremely shy and almost never talk to anybody. I have been this way all my life. Thanks to my shyness I failed in school, so now I am home schooled, which doesn't help with the problem much. I have never really had many friends, and people quite often think I don't like them because I don't talk to them
But since I started taking meds for anxiety it has started to get a bit better. I was lucky enough to get a job, and manage to make it through an interview. Although I still rarely talk to people, even ones that I have known for along time.

Oh I really hate when people think I don't like them. When I met this girl (who I actually think is prettay awesome) I didn't talk too much, (Even though I was trying not to look shy) and she told my friend that she thought I didn't like her at all. I felt so bad. I was like "Tell her I'm shy! It's nothing personal!"

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
I'm not that shy, I mean, I can talk to all my Girl friends fine, but with guys, I don't know how to start a conversation. With my friends, we can start conversations as easily as whispering "Sex" into each others ears, there are a few exceptions with a few of my like, guy friends I'm really comfortable with, but, If I am even attracted to the guy a BIT, then, I get tongue tied, can't talk, and when they try to include me in conversations, I can't say anything. My mind just like, pulls a total blank. And if I manage to get anything out, it sounds totally idiotic....

I've had some guys think I didn't like them at ALL, because I kind of avoided them because of my partial- shyness. Little did they know...

Haha/
I get butterflies alot.
People used to think I was a b***h because I wouldn't talk to them. I am still shy but I do talk a little to people now I guess because of my job and I just got another job so I will have to talk more.
I'm so shy I do little squealing "Chaa"s and I poke my fingers together.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff