Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you shy?

yes, and i hate it 0.6875 68.8% [ 132 ]
yes, but i like it 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 14 ]
nope, but i wish i was (if you choose this one, i will kill you) 0.020833333333333 2.1% [ 4 ]
nope, glad im not! 0.125 12.5% [ 24 ]
yea...whatever, POLL WHORE!! 0.09375 9.4% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 192 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Benevolent Lover

I couldn't be shy unless I was acting.

Or talking to the boy I happen to be harsh crushing on--but that's pretty much disappearing.

Sorry, sucks yo be shy.
Wouldn't really know, but I have friends who are.

My best friend is super quiet/shy, and a lot of times people who do not usually hang around her say "That's the first time I heard her talk" to me after observing she and I.
LOL

Lonely Consumer

20,300 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm soooo shy. I do not want to hit 4th year of uni where it's all about student research, group work, oral presentations, etc. Oh gods.
It's bad enough that I have to do a presentation tomorrow morning. I have only spoken to the foreign exchange students in my class, because I'm not shy about making a fool of myself if they are possibly going to be messing up the language too.
I'm actaully really out going, I'm just really shy around this one guy and I hate it. scream
I can't even add him on his myspace.
I'm still utterly shy around the employees I've worked with for over a year.
I say the word sorry more than any other word whenever I'm working.
emo
I'm shy and always have been, but i don't usually mind it because i truly don't care what people think of me or assume I'm like. It's not that i necessarily like being shy but I'd rather be different than part of the majority. Although i usually don't mind being shy, i have to be honest that i don't like to be around groups of people that i don't know...but around friends i feel comfortable. The majority of people, or the so called popular kids, are almost always snobs and would rather tease and judge others while ignoring or not realizing their own problems. Overall, in my opinion, the minority is better than the majority.
I've opened up a bit more since I was younger.
People call me shy probably because I can't think of anything to say to them. I can only open up to people I'm comfortable around.

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
yeah shy and emo dont mix either... so everyone just thinks i'm "in the closet" (probably am) but ... i dont know how to say this nicely so ... lifes a b***h
people sometimes think im boring,
but im like..no.

i'm shy, yes,
not boring.

im sweet,
sensitive,
thoughtfull
intellectual
and speak with my heart
not with my mouth.
Ah, yes. The introvert dilema can be quite troublesome at times.
yeah, the first post is pretty much right on. i used to be a lot worse, though. I wouldn't talk to anyone at all from fear of saying something stupid, which I usually do since im pretty anxious all the time. i can't wait till I get over this phase. i know it's such a waste of energy, but i guess it's tougher for some people.. the thing is, i'm even shy around relatives. it's pretty emberassing, but i'm trying to be more active, and to look people in the eye, and to SMILE more. (that's very important). thank god I have good friends so I could let some things out..
xxxX_Raine_Xxxx
Skyenskea
omg i need a napkin
xxxX_Raine_Xxxx
i am and i hate it!!! theres this guy that likes to bug me. he randomly jumps in front of me and yells "surprised ya!" or makes funny faces at me and laughs as by face turns beet red. X( people think i like him, but its just my freaking shyness!

I hate it when people mess with us just cause we're shy gonk

Aww, that's mean!

no kidding. i always just wanna punch him in the face, but i probably couldnt even flick him.

heres what I think. Now first off let me say this, I was sooooo shy but year by year i've been getting less and less shy, and with that I've gotten more rebellious and outgoing and I just do things like ram into people if there being an a**, laddy dadddy da but anyways it sounds like you have a low self confidence, see I don't care what people think about me anymore, honestly if someone bitches me out I just laugh it off. but don't let things get to you and if you say something stupid just laugh, mostly people will laugh with you, and if someone says something to you thats mean just be like whatever, blow em off, who cares what they say. if you start slow and work your way up you will get there. im shy around boys still somewhat, i guess it just depends on who it is. but i tell myself to calm down and usually after a second i feel better and the butterflies are gone and im ready to go. need anymore help or just wanna talk message me.

3,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Being shy sucks
OMG being shy blows so much. I used to be that way but then I got out of high school I decided that I should work on getting ove it. So I did and I am lol
i used to be outgoing as hell but then after a bit my brother started saying everything i did was weird and i was dumb and stuff and i felt bad so i think i might be shy now, i don't really know for sure but i don't hug people as much.

it's pretty alright though because before i would get really excited when i met knew people and like immediately say like hey we should hang out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when we hardly knew eachother and they'd get all weirded out and never call me back or anything.

vballer: you don't sound confident you just sound like a jerk
♠ Usually, I'm shy around strangers unless I feel that the water I'm swimming in is warm enough.

And it's ******** hard to go in a gym and work out. Especially if you're ~6'7". ♠

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff