Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you shy?

yes, and i hate it 0.6875 68.8% [ 132 ]
yes, but i like it 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 14 ]
nope, but i wish i was (if you choose this one, i will kill you) 0.020833333333333 2.1% [ 4 ]
nope, glad im not! 0.125 12.5% [ 24 ]
yea...whatever, POLL WHORE!! 0.09375 9.4% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 192 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

I'm quite shy, but i have my reasons for that, and i've been like it since i was a child.
I always used to hide behind my mum when people tried to talk to me.
I'm less shy now, I'm usually shy with new people but i soon get over it, so it's not that bad now.
I have social anxiety disorder... D:
I'm different in different situations.
Mainly I'm quite confident, but days I just feel kinda paranoid and self-concious which makes me shy.
It's odd.
Is why I drink.
Fixes everything.
I used to be ridiculously shy, but I've gotten a lot better now. My job forced me to either quit being shy or get fired, so...yeah. Things are a lot easier when you're not scared to talk.
I'm seriously shy, I was only confident when I was a toddler, but most people were then.
It doesn't help that the guy I have a crush on sits infront of me in one of my classes and stretches his arms across my desk, it makes me to scared to even speak O_O

lmao xD
sometimes i be shy , but not all the time its depends on the situation, and i hate it ,cuz my face turn red and i cant hide it , and shy is not about low self-esteem ,its something comes from insides , for me it can be cute sometimes but others times i HATE IT
I'm not as shy as I used to be, I just don't like being bothered, especially when I'm reading. D:<

8,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
I almost didn't go to college because I was and still am shy (my parents had to literally force me to apply) XD The college that I wanted to go to required a mandatory interview and I cried right in the middle of it because I was afraid I couldn't get in ^^; Perhaps I was accepted out of pity? Not sure cool

But believe it or not, being shy was actually a good thing for me in the end. Turns out there were too many people that there was no way I could have gotten along with and if I had bothered being more sociable, I would have ended up with a bunch of annoying people for "friends". It still gets very boring and lonely, though...
I've been shy all through High School.
In middle school, I didn't care what others thought. In High School though, I did ...

I get nervous when spoken to by people who aren't friends. With friends, I seem like insanly out going, and crazy, and without a lot of friends around I'm quiet, very shy... I hate it. A cute boy flirted with me, and I sounded like an idiot. I was trying to sound confident and say things back, but since I was so nervous everything was coming out all wrong. Good times.

I've had class with the same people for like 3 years, and I'm silly insanly shy around them.

I'm scared to hold up conversations, but I can perform in front of tons of people??

IRL Noob

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I feel the exact same way.

But, lately now.
I haven't been caring what people think.

Sometimes when I talk to someone I like or someone who is attractive.
I can't get myself to open up!
x.x

I can only be my crazy self if I'm with good friends.
:]
I'm only shy when it comes to job interviews and sometimes meeting new people. I went for an interview a week or so ago, and my palms were so sweaty that I was almost afraid to shake the manager's hand.
I have Aspergers Syndrome and it's already hard for me to talk to anyone.

I am very shy and i have a social phobia, when i get near people i begin to choke.
Bendable_Milk
I think everyone was shy once. I'm not that shy anymore. I mean its not the people you're talking to is going to eat you.. rolleyes
That's exactly why shy people are shy. I'm shy, too, but comments like that are what make people intimidated and not want to talk.
I have a really conflicting personality. I can be bold and then suddenly shy. I dread the day I'm left alone with my boyfriend's mother cuz damn she's the hardest mom I've ever had to make a conversation with. I don't know what to say. O_O

Pretty funny, really. With all my guy friends whose mothers I have met, I wasn't shy to speak with any of them. Yet I can't think of anything to say but, "O HAI MRS. NG!" to the boyfriend's mother.

ZOMG I SUCK. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces