Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you shy?

yes, and i hate it 0.6875 68.8% [ 132 ]
yes, but i like it 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 14 ]
nope, but i wish i was (if you choose this one, i will kill you) 0.020833333333333 2.1% [ 4 ]
nope, glad im not! 0.125 12.5% [ 24 ]
yea...whatever, POLL WHORE!! 0.09375 9.4% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 192 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Mind-boggling Gekko

I've been shy forever! It sucks. I'm slowly getting better at talking, but most of the time I'm really quiet around people I don't know very well. I'm not afraid of what people will think of me. I think I'm just nervous about how someone is going to react to me, or just the fact that they ARE going to react. I don't know why I feel like that. Hopefully I'll get over it. At least there are other shy people around who know how it feels.
I feel bad when I'm with someone and don't say anything. I don't like to bore them. sad

1,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I hate that I'm so shy...
Meh. I'm super /super/ shy. You just have to get over it, though.
Most people are too busy worrying about how stupid they look themselves, and don't have time to worry about something stupid you might have said. For the people that /do/ have to point out every little mistake, obviously they don't have much self confidince of their own, so you're doing them a favor and making them feel better about themselves xD
But really, if you just get out there and make an effort to get over your shy-ness, you'll have a lot of fun ^^

(( But yeah, it does suck to be shy. It's hard to make friends, nearly impossible to order food in a restaurant, and I'm pretty sure a lot of my bad grades in school have something to do with my inability to talk to the teachers ^^;; ))
DontKicktheBrit
I'm extremely shy until I know that someone is interested in talking with me. Then it's hard to shut me up. xd But most of my time at school I spend in silence, because I never have the courage to speak up...that and I can never find anything to say. Tis very annoying.

xD that's me, too

Ladykiller

User Image

People talk to me and I freak out.
I try to play it off like I'm retarded and not a stuck up b***h, I really want to talk but it's like, I open my mouth and I become muted. confused

When I'm around people I know and am really comfortable with, I'm still quiet but with breaks of some babbling, a joke here or there, maybe an observation on something and that's pretty much the story of my life. gonk

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
I used to be shy. I have mild social anxiety. I still am shy but no where near as bad. There is a big difference between anxiety and just plain shyness. Now I'd say Im just a tiny bit shy. Before was anxiety. I was even scared to answer the phone.
But yeah. Once I got help for that and went on anti depressants I started getting less shy. Then I started drinking. All the shyness went away. Haha.
Booze solves all shyness problems.
But yeah. I've learned to talk to people and everything. I can now call people without trembling and go up to random people and talk to them and shout obscenities at random people in the hallways.
The only times I really get shy now is when I'm intimidated by people.
I used to be extremely shy...which lead to me being bullied in school which made the shyness even worse.

That was when I joined my schools drama-club. And it helped me a big deal. When you act, you become someone else and you find out surprising stuff about yourself.

I'm still shy, but not as much as I used to be. Still I use acting as a mask sometimes...for my job I have to talk to alot of random people (I'm a freelance music-journalist) and even though I'm often enough dying inside of embarrassment, on the outside I seem cool. But it gets better with time...every time I talk to someone I get more confident.
Im quite outgoing now but i used to be sooooo shy. I couldn't even talk to my friends properly (not that i had many then TT>TT) I started to hang out with very outgoing people and they inspired me to be a b***h now! lol jkjk But really, it was bad. I got easily embarrassed and I couldnt stand up for myself...i was also very self concious. sad
Some people would think you're bit of a loser...
HelblindeDJ
Aw, don't be sad that you are shy. There is nothing as cute as a shy girl wink
True.. I love shy girls... I actually enjoy the fact that they're not speaking more often than words are coming from their mouth. I dunno. While I like a good conversation, and I want her to take part in it, girls who aren't 'shy' (aka are annoying stupid bitches), are... Well... Annoying. And I prefer a not annoying girl to an annoying one. Ok, now I'm just rambling.

The point is, shyness can be very cute, but at the same time, being less shy at times can be... Better? I don't know.

But I like shy girls. They make me happy.
Oh. And to answer the original question, I'm not shy... But sometimes I am.. Kinda in the middle, I guess.

I'm usually never shy around crowds of friends... But when it gets 1 on 1... I can get a bit shy, especially with a girl.

And... To tell you the truth, I kind of wished I was a bit more shy... As in, more quiet. Because sometimes I can even see that I'm a loud-mouth and slightly annoying. But I guess I can tone that down, and it won't be as hard as some people trying to get away from their quiet and talk more. I guess.

sweatdrop
I'm like as shy as shy gets..

sad

People think I'm quiet,but they also seem to think I'm a b***h.Oh and a whore.

I have an easier time making friends/talking to guys then girls.

I always get "How come you never talk"

"Do you even know how to talk"

"Are you English?"

"Why are you so quiet"

"You're so quiet you should talk more"

I met a shy boyfriend too.xD.Took us like 7 months just to kiss.

Uhm.Well, lets just say we learned to get over our shyness.>.>; Atleast with eachother.

xDD

I'm WAY to shy to eat at someone elses house.I hate it.

And then they throw the whole help yourself to the cupboards, lots of food! and I'm like O.O Noooooooo

Reading outloud at school would bring tears to my eyes.

Having to do group/oral projects killed.

I had known the same people for 10+ years, and reading up infront of them in class, I'd panic.:S

It's so weird.I had no problem talking to them/hanging out with them, but reading infront of them? Hell no.

There was always this one guy who comforted/cheered me on tho.^^ He was sweet and always helped me with my shyness.
people think im shy. but im not, im just quiet. neutral
if you think you're shy and you hate it, then why dont you CHANGE it? let go of your inhibitions, learn to not get nervous and just start talking. rofl
I'm terribly shy, woe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces