Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Bloodsucker

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Got an unexpected notice today! Apparently my Doll-love Luck is shipping to Mint on card! Looks like I have double the incentive to pay him off early!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

My twins are looking like they really will be in my near future~
Tax return will pay off my remaining debt, leaving me to be able to rack up funds for them with nothing else to really worry for besides my friends wedding.

Kinedel's Wife

Divine Kitten

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much...lot's been going on these past few weeks. sweatdrop

Anyway, I had a quick question: Did any of your doll's personalities change as you added more to your dolly family?

For example...Wataame. She was my first doll...my sweetie in pink; then, I added Alexis and she became kind of distant and sad looking. Now that I've added Amaiko to the family she has this perma-scowl/pissed off look about her. sweatdrop

So, have any of you experienced anything like this?

Obsessive Cultist

Hm, yeah, sort of. My first tiny, Pulsifer, has always looked pretty happy and carefree to me. And since his older brother got here, he seems to look more serious and protective?
I realize that's just my imagination because I'm the one who makes up their background story, but I still find it funny that he looks different to me depending on what currently happens with the character behind the doll.
Toraojou

Anyway, I had a quick question: Did any of your doll's personalities change as you added more to your dolly family?

Yup. They change a lot when I get new wigs and as I get new dolls I always play musical wigs. xD

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i think my dolls' personalities change as i get their reactions to new dolls coming home~
nao was so nice to me when he was my only doll before he got all jealous of everyone else. ;____; he has no reason to be jealous though because i spoil him more than everyone else.

i was taking pictures of aki today because it was his birthday on saturday (he's been here four years, which seems like forever). just sharing this family portrait (of my dolls who are supposed to be related - nao and aki are brothers and mélo is their adoptive sister)~

User Image

Sparkly Genius

@Tora - Hmm, I guess the Maddy has changed since I got her because I didn't have a backstory for her at all and her character evolved with the addition of other dolls and her relationships with them. Other than that my other dolls are very strong characters that were already pre decided so they haven't changed at all.

@Pug - Wow, happy birthday Aki! You should spam more, I feel like we don't get to see your dolls nearly as much as we should!

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Yay! My amara sold, but two heads the ds noir and my extra soom taco head are still up.

At least it's a start

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Hey everyone! I hope the swap is fairing alright with you all! Are we having luck figuring out what to make for your partners? I know I haven't worked on my partner gifts at all. ^^;; But no fret! I'm off Sunday and will probably pound it out then.

So, I was chit chatting with mom, who has been knitting and crochetting doll clothes for my nieces Monster highs [as well as a hoodie for Kouji]. She was looking at yarn at michaels today for more colors to make hoodies and I informed her she should get a girly color for a girl doll in my future. She gave me a skeptical look and I told her that my tax refund is to pay off my bills, but my intentions to get my girl doll [and her brother] will happen once they are paid off, since I'd have no other debt to worry on it.
She told me I'm not allowed to b***h about my car, but I'm an adult so.. she can't stop me.

BAM. took that as my moms way of saying 'go ahead, but that's it'.
I promised her this is my last doll till i rack up enough money to move out on my own and get on my feet. I'm just itching to get my hands on the twins!
SO within the next few weeks, I will be placin gmy luts order. :3

Sparkly Genius

9,900 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Hello again everyone!! Thought I'd pop in since I all but silently dropped from the face of the planet XD. Can't promise I'll be on again for a while but I miss reading this thread and seeing all the lovely dolls posted up here and there. Anywhoo Jasmine and Alex (woot new addition since my last activity) say hello!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alex - My newest addition. She's not really finished but close enough razz

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Hello everyone smile

My name is Dreams and I was wondering if I could get some help/advice. A few years ago I was a big fan of BJD, due to some photos I found on DeviantArt. I knew a couple different models that I wanted and had some wigs/clothes bookmarked on my browser. That was kind of the end of my obsession, I had no money after all. I just looked from afar.

Well, a couple days ago my sister surprised me with a Megi doll as a birthday present. He's lovely, but I don't remember how to take care of him! Do you know of any informational sites or threads here on gaia, pertaining to the Do's and Don'ts of Doll ownership?

Thanks in advance,

-Dreams

Sparkly Genius

@Lost - Nononono don't do this to me I am trying not to buy a RS Li right now because I have other stuff to get fixed first but dang Alex is stunning! ;___;

@Dreams - Hey there, I would go to youtube for advice, there are plenty of great videos on doll care! Just search BJD care smile

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Blah. I dont' know what to do about wigs for these twins. I'm not satisfied wig luts wigs really. Anyone have recommendations? I don't mind mohair, but prefer the fiber wigs..

Sparkly Genius

XFateX
Blah. I dont' know what to do about wigs for these twins. I'm not satisfied wig luts wigs really. Anyone have recommendations? I don't mind mohair, but prefer the fiber wigs..

Fate, check it...
click
Look familiar? Look at the price she is asking for it... @__@

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Fifteen! Full retail at our store was 7 dollars! And it came with a little hat!! Oh jeez. What a rip!
Plus then went on clearance for 3 bucks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces