Welcome to Gaia! ::

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Finlet
Do any of you struggle with space issues? I don't have a ton of stuff, but I know with collectors it's a common issue. Eveywhere you turn in my house there's a fuzzy animal, though. I would have even more pets if they didn't poop so much.

At one time all my non bjd dolls took over my dressers to the point I couldn't put nothing on them. Thankfully I got a nice size curio cabinet last year to display them in. All my dolls are nice and safe from dirt and being knocked over. I don't know if BJD collectors even use curio cabinets to display their dolls in besides me. Majority have them out on their dressers or shelves..

Fluffy Prophet

Lovely Limitation
Would someone be willing to send a Den of Angels invitation to me?

Also I was wondering if anyone has ever made a wig out of human hair...

Hey, I'm happy to say I have made 3 human hair wigs. the pictures on page 708 of this thread is my doll, Eithne, wearing my hair. Arlette here is wearing hair from Taruun:
User Image
and this is me in a little youtube video explaining the wefting part of the process: youtube
about storage.. I used to keep my dolls on the side of my computer desk. It's about 18"x30", which wasn't enough for all 3 dolls. so now they sit in seperate parts of the living room.

Sparkly Genius

A quick hello from the doll family:
User Image

6,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Hey, I'm happy to say I have made 3 human hair wigs. the pictures on page 708 of this thread is my doll, Eithne, wearing my hair. Arlette here is wearing hair from Taruun:
User Image
and this is me in a little youtube video explaining the wefting part of the process: youtube
about storage.. I used to keep my dolls on the side of my computer desk. It's about 18"x30", which wasn't enough for all 3 dolls. so now they sit in seperate parts of the living room.

This has been so helpful, thanks!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Spore XP
User Image

Nora does look good in those glasses! :3 glad they worked out~

And you did change Maddys hands! But where is the third hand?

Smitten Duck

Spore XP
User Image
you have such a beautiful doll family! I love the variety of sizes!!

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
Spore XP
User Image

are they a family like siblings and parents? :O they look good together

Desirable Lunatic

Finlet

User Image

Fin, you are sooo cute XD
I'm totally gonna try and do this next time i get my hair "timed"

Sparkly Genius

@Fate - Haha! Yeah the glasses work on Nora. A tad too big but they will be awesome on Souldoll Star if I ever get her... lol the hands were to shockingly easy to change! I just pulled the string, put a pen in the loop to hold it, and the hand came right off the S-hook. I just popped the new hand onto the s-hook and that was that!

@Yuki - Thank you! I eventually want to have a pair in each size so they will each have a friend XD

@Fear - Maddy (yo-sd in the fluffy mohair wig) and Nora (msd in the short red hair - well, the only msd...) are sisters. Depending what I put them in they can look really alike but right now I have them styles completely differently lol. Max in the back is an alien (long, very weird story) that Maddy summoned, so he is her friend. And Spore in the middle is just Spore lol. I'm glad you like how they look together! As you can probably see, I adore glasses. ha ha. When I had them set up for this picture my sister's friend was like "wow, your dolls are all hipsters" XD

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
*x* i am so happy to be a member of DOA now, i might adventually do something to get me banned by accident, but for now its awesome, I love all the pictures posted on here and on DOA. *X* i also finally got the name of the site I had been sad I had lost grotesque cabaret where she does gore mods~ I love her work ^.^ I hope to commision her someday

Lonely Hoarder

12,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
i made my first dress today with the sewing machine...well it was suppose to be a shirt but it kinda came out too small...so now its a dress for bambi.
ill post photos later once i finish hemming and such.

Smitten Duck

Spore XP
@Fate - Haha! Yeah the glasses work on Nora. A tad too big but they will be awesome on Souldoll Star if I ever get her... lol the hands were to shockingly easy to change! I just pulled the string, put a pen in the loop to hold it, and the hand came right off the S-hook. I just popped the new hand onto the s-hook and that was that!

@Yuki - Thank you! I eventually want to have a pair in each size so they will each have a friend XD

@Fear - Maddy (yo-sd in the fluffy mohair wig) and Nora (msd in the short red hair - well, the only msd...) are sisters. Depending what I put them in they can look really alike but right now I have them styles completely differently lol. Max in the back is an alien (long, very weird story) that Maddy summoned, so he is her friend. And Spore in the middle is just Spore lol. I'm glad you like how they look together! As you can probably see, I adore glasses. ha ha. When I had them set up for this picture my sister's friend was like "wow, your dolls are all hipsters" XD
aww that's such a cute idea!

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
Finlet
@ Fearmy: I'm pretty certain Pixiu is not limited, so take your time!

x.x; i kept having a kiniption and worrying about not being able to get Pixiu that I had my gran cancle the order for a new labtop....this ones working now so its all good o.o;

Desirable Genius

@ Spore
Awesome family picture biggrin
Max looks so adorable there *o*

@ Finlet
I can't get over how pretty the wigs are you've made XD heart

I made a shirt >w<'' it fails a bit though..
User ImageUser Image

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
*x* all of you are so talented to be able to make clothes and wigs from human hair >.< i can imagine that being a pain

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff