Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Aprinn

H-Hey your sig changed.

heart gonk BECAUSE SOMEONE FINALLY DREW ART FOR ME~~~ I was so happy!

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Wow, I would be SO pissed off if gaia did that. I literally ONLY got Agape for the scissors, and I hate the rest of the item.
But I doubt that they'd make a cheaper gold shop version.

I do hope that they make other item-modifying poses in the future, though. Like for sleeves, pants, scarves, etc.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Aprinn
Luboticus
Two million gold, really, is nothing. I WOULD suggest that it is going to climb, so if you want one, I'd consider it a 'priority' quest.

I don't know why people think they can demand items be given to them for free just because they don't want to work for them. They'd shoot their own real-world profits in the foot if they did that with every item, and for what? So entitled people on the Internet can have a pretty collaboration of pixels to play with, that they'll probably tire of in a week because let's face it, that's what we do with items.

I sometimes wonder if people feel insulted at the idea of working toward a goal. Does this work for them in other areas of life? Simply demand something they want, and they get it? Do they think that because it is a digital item that somehow that doesn't apply, and there's no 'value' attached to their demand?

'Benign', by the by, means favorable (or non-metastatic/cancerous, when referencing tumours). A better word would be 'malignant', however, I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea of inflation being a negative thing, and this coming from someone who just lost something in the region of eight million in item deflation in the last month alone. If there's no flux and wane of item prices, the entire economy stagnates, and I could go into greater depth on that but I'd be going spectacularly off-topic.

So, yes, tl:dr; terrible idea, won't happen.

I just about love every single one of your posts. for ******** sake. Why do you do this to me!? gonk

Seriously, if you do the math its easy to buy an agape.
1. CS -> Gold. Its 20 bucks when a new rig comes out for 2mil.
2. Booty Slappan. What's the cap? 150k or something. I can make 50k in an hour (or lol, get a minimum wage job, get 700k in an hour's worth of money) get an alt and thats 300k a day?
Thats less than 10 days of solid "work" (sliding your mouse left and right.)
3 Merchanting. Buy a bunch of items now while theyre deflating ( see: rosamunds revenge, masquerade) and sell them when theyre out of the cash shop.

Its
not
hard.

Play gaia, get "paid" for playing, then PLAY WITH THE ITEMS YOU JUST PLAYED FOR.

^@Thread, not you Lob.

You like all my posts because I'm a badass. emotion_dealwithit

On a more philosophical level, I feel really bad for people who feel this way about things. Anything, really. If someone wants something enough, they really SHOULD want to work for it. The intrinsic value it adds to the conquest is easy to see in other areas of life. I know which is more valuable to me, vis-a-vis the little public speaking trophy in my cabinet vs. my favourite pair of boots. It's the trophy because, god damnit, I put the hard yards in for that little shiny b*****d. I proved to myself I could do it. I gained skills, and I feel like a 'richer' person for having truly busted my a** to earn something.

This goes double for the 'big' quests. If a set of 03s just appeared in my inventory, I'm not sure they'd hold the same worth to me as if I'd ground my fingers into nubs booty-grabbing that level of gold. I'd probably feel more inclined to give them away, because I'd feel like I hadn't earned them...

Tricky Cat

Luboticus
Aprinn
Luboticus
Two million gold, really, is nothing. I WOULD suggest that it is going to climb, so if you want one, I'd consider it a 'priority' quest.

I don't know why people think they can demand items be given to them for free just because they don't want to work for them. They'd shoot their own real-world profits in the foot if they did that with every item, and for what? So entitled people on the Internet can have a pretty collaboration of pixels to play with, that they'll probably tire of in a week because let's face it, that's what we do with items.

I sometimes wonder if people feel insulted at the idea of working toward a goal. Does this work for them in other areas of life? Simply demand something they want, and they get it? Do they think that because it is a digital item that somehow that doesn't apply, and there's no 'value' attached to their demand?

'Benign', by the by, means favorable (or non-metastatic/cancerous, when referencing tumours). A better word would be 'malignant', however, I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea of inflation being a negative thing, and this coming from someone who just lost something in the region of eight million in item deflation in the last month alone. If there's no flux and wane of item prices, the entire economy stagnates, and I could go into greater depth on that but I'd be going spectacularly off-topic.

I just about love every single one of your posts. for ******** sake. Why do you do this to me!? gonk

Seriously, if you do the math its easy to buy an agape.
1. CS -> Gold. Its 20 bucks when a new rig comes out for 2mil.
2. Booty Slappan. What's the cap? 150k or something. I can make 50k in an hour (or lol, get a minimum wage job, get 700k in an hour's worth of money) get an alt and thats 300k a day?
Thats less than 10 days of solid "work" (sliding your mouse left and right.)
3 Merchanting. Buy a bunch of items now while theyre deflating ( see: rosamunds revenge, masquerade) and sell them when theyre out of the cash shop.

Its
not
hard.

Play gaia, get "paid" for playing, then PLAY WITH THE ITEMS YOU JUST PLAYED FOR.

^@Thread, not you Lob.

You like all my posts because I'm a badass. emotion_dealwithit

On a more philosophical level, I feel really bad for people who feel this way about things. Anything, really. If someone wants something enough, they really SHOULD want to work for it. The intrinsic value it adds to the conquest is easy to see in other areas of life. I know which is more valuable to me, vis-a-vis the little public speaking trophy in my cabinet vs. my favourite pair of boots. It's the trophy because, god damnit, I put the hard yards in for that little shiny b*****d. I proved to myself I could do it. I gained skills, and I feel like a 'richer' person for having truly busted my a** to earn something.

This goes double for the 'big' quests. If a set of 03s just appeared in my inventory, I'm not sure they'd hold the same worth to me as if I'd ground my fingers into nubs booty-grabbing that level of gold. I'd probably feel more inclined to give them away, because I'd feel like I hadn't earned them...

A world without intrinsic motivation is a shitty world. There'd be no wikipedia. We'd be paying for microsoft encylopedia. Or you know, nothing would be made.

I can agree with pitying people without that motivation, it must suck looking at an item and just defaulting to "I'll never have it." In another game I lost a gift from a friend. "Well shucks." Lost an item I worked hours for-- tears were shed, tickets were filed

Tricky Cat

Ghost Tamer
Aprinn

H-Hey your sig changed.

heart gonk BECAUSE SOMEONE FINALLY DREW ART FOR ME~~~ I was so happy!

One day baby cakes, Ill draw you the Mona Lisa

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Aprinn

One day baby cakes, Ill draw you the Mona Lisa

emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart

fxxkin demon

You know, it's kind of impressive that even with a re-release this item is still commanding a price of 2million.

It would be nice if that pose was available alone. It's the only reason I own it. It's not gonna happen though. I could possibly see another bundle with every Sainte Ciel item in it but that single pose? Nah.

I wonder if the artist who made the Ciels realized what they did when they added such a revolutionary pose to Agape. It basically double the number of wigs Sal can wear.

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200
Luboticus

This.
I want Gaia to release an item that has every eye pose known to the site, just the eyes, so that I don't have to buy specific items to get the eyes/ expressions that I want.

But it'll never happen.
It defeats the purpose of working for an item, and truly enjoying it when you do get it.
I worked for my Lucky, and I love the hell out of him, even if I don't use him as often as I thought I would, but if I had gotten him through some recently made "easy way", I wouldn't feel the same.

If something is really worth it to you, you go out to earn it.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
little pixels
2 million (less for the lower gens, even!) isn't actually that hard to get. i mean, okay i seldom have that much, but comparing it to things like the halo, or the minis, agape is positively cheap!

Halo and Minis are not a good comparison for any regular item.

200 Mil =/= 2 Mil

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Slider546
little pixels
2 million (less for the lower gens, even!) isn't actually that hard to get. i mean, okay i seldom have that much, but comparing it to things like the halo, or the minis, agape is positively cheap!

Halo and Minis are not a good comparison for any regular item.

200 Mil =/= 2 Mil

â™”

ph, i know. i just couldn't think of anything off the top of my head u v u ;;

Special Snowflake

edited

No. I bought Agape with Gaia cash for the scissors alone, I don't think a 100% dupe would be fair at all. If anything it should be a variant like the Noel's "5 gold rings" pose which was a dupe for the angelic halo but isn't the same.

I like only the short hair pose from Heart x Mind, but I'm not entitled to say it doesn't mean I can say, "I want it in the salon because the cost is 5 million for the whole item, and I only want that pose."

Edited for clarity, because this "entitled" wording is getting waaaaaay out of control rolleyes
I don't care about my "investment" bombing because it's not a bought-to-sell item, I just feel that it's unfair to charge RL money for something then give a 100% same duplicate for, essentially, nothing but virtual currency.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
sometimesalways
You know, it's kind of impressive that even with a re-release this item is still commanding a price of 2million.

It would be nice if that pose was available alone. It's the only reason I own it. It's not gonna happen though. I could possibly see another bundle with every Sainte Ciel item in it but that single pose? Nah.

I wonder if the artist who made the Ciels realized what they did when they added such a revolutionary pose to Agape. It basically double the number of wigs Sal can wear.

@ the bolded part. It is. .___. If that was the only pose available on an item, it'd probably be able to sell for a lot, too. In this case, the demand for the scissors trumps the supply. It'd be one of those gold shop items that everyone wants and if it were a gold shop item, everyone would buy it.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
I honestly don't give s**t if the Scissors were made readily available and the prices of my Agape dropped drastically.

Just means that I don' need to pay 2mil for a haircut option of a limited item for all my mules.

Such delicious customization.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
I don't get how a legitimate question turned into so much sarcasm, I posted a suggestion to make a pose more readily available, and I get immature responses like this:

"OMG i want all the hair in ONE item"

"OMG i want all the eyes in ONE item"

All of us know that these are not feasible and have nothing in common with moving a single pose that has no real relation to the item it is paired with to the cash or gold shop.

I have the feeling that all the people here that feel so strongly about this are the ones who actually bought Agape, and they dont want other users to be able to get the same effect as they did without the expense.

2 Mil really is not much at all in the long run, I can get that in an hour.

How does making a suggestion make me an entitled?

Luboticus

Sacher Torte's Husband

Diamond Darling

14,725 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I think it's more reasonable to ask for a re-release of Agape = Agape without the price tag of 2M.

That way it keeps everyone happy sweatdrop

edit: this thread might have been better received in suggestions or feedback over GCD - just sayin'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff