Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.46656534954407 46.7% [ 307 ]
No 0.4741641337386 47.4% [ 312 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.059270516717325 5.9% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 658 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Loyal Informer

Blaze the Fire Dragon
Slider546
Blaze the Fire Dragon
As mush as I'd love that, Gaia's never going to do it.

What reason do they have NOT to do it?
It would take fifteen minutes of coding, since the code for the item already exists, they would just have to incorporate it into Salon Durem.
Greed. GaiaOnline is a business.

Why release it in the gold shop, when you can put it out in the cash shop and get a bunch of users to buy it with real money? There's also the fact that anyone who actually did buy Agape for the outrageous price it is would get mad at Gaia, and more rage would happen.

Fixed that for you. Stating the obvious because it isn't greed.

Magic Mage

Sell the scissors as a stand-alone for $10 in the cash shop. Never take them out. Problem solved.

Fused Knight

Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
I'd love if it wold happen, but perhaps it should trim a little less of the hair so Agape buyers and owners don't get so upset?
100% Impossible since Agape doesnt actually cut hair, it hides a layer.
And there are other items which 'cut' the rear hair layer. Hats, for example, do this. It's plausible to make an item which does this without having to wear a hat.

Bashful Shoujo

16,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Eh I guess It would be handy, but It' still Is never going to happen, and I don't care about that, I've had one since the 3rd gen came out and It was SUPER cheap

Just like ANY other item If It Is so necessary to you then save up the gold and buy It.

Princess Nerd

18,500 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
I'd love if it wold happen, but perhaps it should trim a little less of the hair so Agape buyers and owners don't get so upset?
And there are other items which 'cut' the rear hair layer. Hats, for example, do this. It's plausible to make an item which does this without having to wear a hat.
Thats all Agape does. Cuts one layer. You cant cut more or less than the desired layer.

Fused Knight

Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
Thats all Agape does. Cuts one layer. You cant cut more or less than the desired layer.
Yes, but a hat trims a layer a bit. Why not an item that trims like a hat does? It won't give the same effect the Agape does, but it will trim a bit.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,600 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Winter Hue
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Slider546
Blaze the Fire Dragon

It would take fifteen minutes of coding, since the code for the item already exists, they would just have to incorporate it into Salon Durem.

Why release it in the gold shop, when you can put it out in the cash shop and get a bunch of users to buy it with real money? There's also the fact that anyone who actually did buy Agape for the outrageous price it is would get mad at Gaia, and more rage would happen.

There's being a business, and then there's releasing almost everything through a cash shop.

Princess Nerd

18,500 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
Yes, but a hat trims a layer a bit. Why not an item that trims like a hat does? It won't give the same effect the Agape does, but it will trim a bit.
I think a hat just layers over a layer?
Or it covers another layer. Agape targets what is the back-most layer of any hair, and hair items have quite a few layers.

Enduring Loiterer

11,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Thinking about this more, there's a reason why I don't agree with this proposal as it relates, specifically, to Ciel. One of the arguments in favor of removing the pose is because it increases your number of available hairstyles. It is useful but it is not necessary, and that's where the crux of my disagreement lies.

If a user wants to make an avatar without Ciel, they can. If they want to make a "good" avatar (that term is subjective but you know what is implied) they can, absolutely. The user is able to make avatars with short hair styles, long hairstyles, every color of the rainbow, etc. The only thing that a user is limited to without Ciel is some specific hairstyles, and that is why I disagree. It is a mod, plain and simple, and does nothing necessary for avatar creation. I see it the same as cleavage mods; the avatar already has breasts, cleavage mods are simply an enhancement. Same with Ciel; the avatar already has hair and hairstyle choices, the scissors are simply an enhancement.

The usefulness of the enhancement is subjective and depends on the user. Because it is an enhancement and because its worth is subjective, I don't think it is worth it to bankrupt the integrity of EIs and REIs.

Loyal Gaian

16,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
Boo.

Item rarity ftw!

Tricky Raider

What if a cheaper version of the scissors was more difficult to work with, like tinting hair a certain color or something? If that were the case, I think those who already bought agape for the scissors (like myself) wouldn't be quite as upset since the cheap version would be hard to use.

There needs to be some sort of differentiation between knock-off poses and the items they derive from. For example, there are gold shop knock-off eyes of the SDPlus Wendy eyes, but the ones in the gold shop lack the blush and are not available in the original color.

Loyal Informer

Blaze the Fire Dragon
Winter Hue
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Slider546
Blaze the Fire Dragon

There's being a business, and then there's releasing almost everything through a cash shop.

There is being a business and then there is being a business.
You can go into a clothing shop and try on the clothes for free.
Want to keep the items and wear whenever? Then buy them. Gold or cash.
Same for GaiaOnline. Should be thankful that they even have gold shops. (and that they update it)
The artists are paid to make gold shop items, that ultimately don't make any money for the site.
Gold shop updates are handouts to the GaiaOnline community. GaiaOnline loses money with every Gold shop release.
However they keep doing it for the users. Be thankful. I am. Very thankful. Thank you Gaia.
I enjoy both gold and cash updates. Gold for the little things and cash shop updates for the larger items.
With every cash shop update, the site makes money. The artists are allowed more freedom to make items.
It is a win/win. Items that would be paid for (in high amounts) should be in the cash shop.
I want the site I love to thrive. I don't care what anti-cash shop users have to say. Their logic is flawed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,200 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
sometimesalways
Kiyoura
sometimesalways
Seriously. It's just so damn useful. Why limit it to just this one item? Hell, the last traditional EI, Modus Operandi, had alternate wigs that only appeared when you used the scissors.

Maybe in the near future they will add a similar pose to a body mod REI. The demand is there and they would make a decent amount of cash.

Maybe Gaia's not too sure what to do with it... To use an analogy (although not perfect), it can be compared to a specific leg mod. Leg mod A belongs to this item, and is therefore never going to be released in another item. Or a set of eyes that are never released in another item unless it's a recolor. However, the scissors don't have a recolor, therefore, how to rerelease it? It'll be releasing the same exact pose...

Or they'll release a very similar pose with very slight changes (Example, Little Lucie + Lovely Lucie or the Rosamund lips in the Rosamund doll from Sainte Ciel: Eros).

Brainy Hero

17,600 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
YES YES YES

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers