Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.46656534954407 46.7% [ 307 ]
No 0.4741641337386 47.4% [ 312 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.059270516717325 5.9% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 658 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Rainbow Noob

They could stick another scissors item in the Cash Shop, maybe. Gold Shop? Never, but charging cash for it would make them loooots o' money. And though it would work if they just kept re-releasing Agape every 6 months, I'd rather have the pose alone, so that people who actually want Agape for its other poses can have it. It's not gonna happen, but I'd definitely love it if it did. XD

Fluffy Fatcat

12,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Partygoer 500
dont think it is a good idea
and btw agape was really cheap before like 200k or something.... and every time it is added to the cash shop its price go down to 300k or around so.... just wait and see
and i would love to see a blue recolor of it anyway XD

Omnipresent Phantom

9,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
snejno
and btw agape was really cheap before like 200k or something.... and every time it is added to the cash shop its price go down to 300k or around so.... just wait and see

I was offline for 2 and a half years, so I didn't really get to see many items when they were cheap.

Fluffy Fatcat

12,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Partygoer 500
Slider546
snejno

I was offline for 2 and a half years, so I didn't really get to see many items when they were cheap.

yeah thats why i said wait...

Intellectual Attendee

I hate seeing this subject cropping up every once in awhile. Gaia is not going to release something like that into the GS.

There were plenty of opportunities to pick up a Sainte Ciel: Agape. You had the first generation, but no one knew that the scissors were going to crop up until the final evolution. But then you had the second generation in the GS for weeks. They were fairly cheap in the MP, going for about 500k or less if I'm remembering right. So when they left, the supply and demand went up with the item as more people joined and realized what the scissors.

So then people made a fuss about how expensive they were and were released a third time. They were low again at that time as well, selling for close to 300k I believe.

And what's 2mil these days anyways? Anyone can come up with that kind of gold with the resources given, especially with HoC, Booty Grab, and ZOMG. You can cap out on those three everyday and have the gold in practically no time. That's the problem these days, everyone is demanding a cheaper alternative instead of actually questing for an item.

I hope they never release it ever again. It's not that bad of a price tag and easily obtainable like I stated. Some people are just too lazy to work towards items. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who couldn't pick one up when they were a member of Gaia when the scissors were released.

Lucky Saint

14,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
What?
Of course they're is a relation between the pose and the item! Don't you know the story?

And Saint Ciel has been released twice already, both for long bits of time.

If you don't want to work like everyone else, then you don't get it. Simply as that!

Gaia shouldn't have to re-release the same item over and over again all because some people don't want to fork over 2 mil

Loyal Gatekeeper

Your Blushing Paladin
What?
Of course they're is a relation between the pose and the item! Don't you know the story?

Why dont you tell us then?

Fluffy Cat

19,600 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
i wouldn't be surprised if later this year, we get it rereleased with a new recolor of the item. It's a good cash cow for gaia.

Aged Dog

Kiyoura
sometimesalways
You know, it's kind of impressive that even with a re-release this item is still commanding a price of 2million.

It would be nice if that pose was available alone. It's the only reason I own it. It's not gonna happen though. I could possibly see another bundle with every Sainte Ciel item in it but that single pose? Nah.

I wonder if the artist who made the Ciels realized what they did when they added such a revolutionary pose to Agape. It basically double the number of wigs Sal can wear.

@ the bolded part. It is. .___. If that was the only pose available on an item, it'd probably be able to sell for a lot, too. In this case, the demand for the scissors trumps the supply. It'd be one of those gold shop items that everyone wants and if it were a gold shop item, everyone would buy it.

Seriously. It's just so damn useful. Why limit it to just this one item? Hell, the last traditional EI, Modus Operandi, had alternate wigs that only appeared when you used the scissors.

Maybe in the near future they will add a similar pose to a body mod REI. The demand is there and they would make a decent amount of cash.

Heroic Lunatic

18,750 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
Lapin Lequesne
Your Blushing Paladin
What?
Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part 4.

The 'scissors' are mentioned in Part 4 of the Agape version; second to last line.

"Your sacrifice shall not be in vain," the princess vowed, and with Ciel's holy blade, cut off her long curls.

Lucky Saint

14,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lapin Lequesne
Your Blushing Paladin
What?

Okay! In that version of the story Ciel cuts her hair as an act of sacrifice. That Ciel is that martyr of the two(three), so it fits.

The scissors just go along with that.

Witty Noob

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
I love all the Saint Ciel items, but I don't think Gaia really needs to make a copy of the scissors readily available. It isn't as if it's some kind of unreachable goal, and if they haven't rereleased minis or the halo en mass, there's no need for them to release the scissors just because everybody wants them. Besides, how many times has Agape been in the cash shop? Two? Three? I'm sure people who want them will have an opportunity to buy them in the future. That's more than can be said for people who want older donation items like the minis, or old event items like bunny slippers.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

13,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
If it were in the cash shop it'd still raise in price due to the usefulness of the pose and desirability.

The bitching if it were a gold item would be endless. Yep, I own an SC Agape. I wouldn't really care if it dropped in value since I will never sell it and I paid cash for it.

I think it could happen. The SC Agape isn't just the scissors pose, there are other poses to it.

Of course it would devalue it, but it's a cash shop release, there's no guarantee with those.

I would like to see hair trimming scissors in other items, or a Masquerade Redux style item, myself. Perhaps they can add more eyeliner, in the style of that which is in Little Lucie, and beautiful pouty lips, too!

Manly Cub

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Flatterer 200
I agree.

Putting a pose that was literally revolutionary to avatar making shouldn't be tied to a single item that is so popular it can't be deflated. Something that important should be available to everyone.

And to the people who will tell me I'm lazy: I don't use a lot of cream, I don't have time to make 2 mil, I don't want to shell out $20, and I don't even know how I'll use the scissors pose anyway. Telling me that I'm lazy for wanting something that should be available to everyone anyway is completely elitist and rude. Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

Loyal Gatekeeper

Shintouyu
Lapin Lequesne
Your Blushing Paladin
What?
Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part 4.

The 'scissors' are mentioned in Part 4 of the Agape version; second to last line.

"Your sacrifice shall not be in vain," the princess vowed, and with Ciel's holy blade, cut off her long curls.

Thank you.
Ive been looking for this for a while now, best i got was a verbatim wiki post.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff