Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 40 41 42

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Little Dead Soldier
marshmallowcreampie
Little Dead Soldier
I didnt know this item shot up. But i really dont want a release a copy because it will deflate the item and hurt those who invested. We saw this with onei during black friday.

Outside of MCs, users are well aware that Gaia reserves the right to rerelease any item. They'd whine but they wouldn't have much of a case.

I know this. But didnt they already rerelease this item not that long ago ?

Yeah, but people want it rereleased again soon because the price shot up, again. I would like to see the item rereleased, but I think Gaia should wait a while first. Can't expect Gaia to rerelease an item every time the MP price goes up.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
marshmallowcreampie
Little Dead Soldier
marshmallowcreampie
Little Dead Soldier
I didnt know this item shot up. But i really dont want a release a copy because it will deflate the item and hurt those who invested. We saw this with onei during black friday.

Outside of MCs, users are well aware that Gaia reserves the right to rerelease any item. They'd whine but they wouldn't have much of a case.

I know this. But didnt they already rerelease this item not that long ago ?

Yeah, but people want it rereleased again soon because the price shot up, again. I would like to see the item rereleased, but I think Gaia should wait a while first. Can't expect Gaia to rerelease an item every time the MP price goes up.

Em, i dont care regardless because i got one when it first came out. I have no plans to sell because the scissor pose is so useful by itself, and i love the white collar.
I wish its counterpart had a hair grow pose ! That wouldve been nice.
But imho, 2-3 mill is not that expense for this item. Especially after a rerelease.

Big Member

Depending on how the agape scissors are released I'll agree or disagree with it appearing on its own, and maybe I'm biased, since I own Sainte Ciel agape, but...

As a cash item, no way! A single item with one option, whether it's versatile or not, is really not worth an irl price tag.

If it was a gold shop item, I wouldn't mind, but I strongly feel it should be different from the agape. Maybe hands holding a pair of scissors along with the hair being cropped. Or another alternative would be a clip item that could hold up hair.

At the same time, Gaia does have the gold shop gardening bandanas that crop hair similarity to agape, and can pretty much be layered under any hat.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Little Dead Soldier

Em, i dont care regardless because i got one when it first came out. I have no plans to sell because the scissor pose is so useful by itself, and i love the white collar.
But imho, 2-3 mill is not that expense for this item. Especially after a rerelease.

Compared to most REIs, it's expensive. Outside of the recolors that get released with bundles, few REIs even hit one million.
Hiiiiiigly doubt it'll happen.
Why?
Because it's a mod item and there's really no gold shop mod items. Maybe an alternative, who knows, but not in the near future.

Big Bunny

gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond yum_coldone emotion_bigheart
      ✦ they shud give free agapes to every1 dat wud make me happy

Hardened Lover

I do not get how people can whine and complain about the cost of something on Gaia and at the same time say it is not worth the cost.

It is apparently worth the cost for so many to whine and complain this much. If it truly were not worth it, then you would not spend so much time (which could be put to use making gold) whining and complaining about it.

Side note: the item was originally available for a reasonable price 400k-600k for a really long time (in terms of Gaia new releases). Just because you snoozed and did not buy it then does not mean the item should be re-released now.

Oh you did not realize the full potential of the scissors then? That is no one's fault but your own and also does not justify re-releasing the item either.

Hardened Lover

marshmallowcreampie
Little Dead Soldier

Compared to most REIs, it's expensive. Outside of the recolors that get released with bundles, few REIs even hit one million.

you can not directly compare this to other REIs as it has a pose that is unique for an EI or REI. That alone is why it is more expensive. If you took that one pose out, I would not be surprised if it were less than it's counterpart.

Personally, the only reason why I got one in the first place was because of that one pose. I generally do not use white much in my avis and was not interested in it.

The price of the item is relative to the demand for that one pose. Simple as that. Not greed, or it would be double digit millions instead. How many items have been released on Gaia that never made it below 10 million, and they do not have anything special about them. This item is still reasonably priced for a pose that is still in such demand. Not to mention how affordable it was when it originally was out.

Sparkling Transmutator

Ramielion

Yeah... talk about a way to make the majority of users that spend real money on this site to stop doing so. Nothing like know a site that asks you for money for "premium" items will just wait a bit before giving a free copy to everyone. That would severely damage the site's credibility... or at least for me.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
RoseRoyal

you can not directly compare this to other REIs as it has a pose that is unique for an EI or REI. That alone is why it is more expensive. If you took that one pose out, I would not be surprised if it were less than it's counterpart.

Personally, the only reason why I got one in the first place was because of that one pose. I generally do not use white much in my avis and was not interested in it.

The price of the item is relative to the demand for that one pose. Simple as that. Not greed, or it would be double digit millions instead. How many items have been released on Gaia that never made it below 10 million, and they do not have anything special about them. This item is still reasonably priced for a pose that is still in such demand. Not to mention how affordable it was when it originally was out.

There are a ton of items that are in high demand for only a single pose. Like many SD plus dolls. Most people wouldn't give a crap about those dolls at all if they never came with fabulous wigs and eyes. The scissors may be a unique pose but they're just another pose nonetheless.

RoseRoyal
I do not get how people can whine and complain about the cost of something on Gaia and at the same time say it is not worth the cost.

It is apparently worth the cost for so many to whine and complain this much. If it truly were not worth it, then you would not spend so much time (which could be put to use making gold) whining and complaining about it.

Side note: the item was originally available for a reasonable price 400k-600k for a really long time (in terms of Gaia new releases). Just because you snoozed and did not buy it then does not mean the item should be re-released now.

Oh you did not realize the full potential of the scissors then? That is no one's fault but your own and also does not justify re-releasing the item either.

Agreed on all points here. Everyone has a different price threshold, you know, the amount they think the item is worth, the amount they're willing to pay. Either you think the item is worth the price, or you don't. And unless Gaia releases it in the gold shop as a permanent item for a low gold price, there will always be people who won't be willing to pay the price. I didn't see the Ciel scissors until after the item was finished evolving, and I went NUTS trying to get the item before it left the shop because I was afraid the price would shoot up later. It's the only item I ever paid Gaia Cash to get. cat_rofl While I don't mind if the item gets rereleased, I do agree, people have had multiple opportunities to get it. It's not reasonable to expect Gaia to rerelease an item every time the price goes up so people who didn't get it earlier can get it. There will always be people missing out on an item release, there will always be people who won't be willing or able to pay for the possibly inflated price later, and nobody here is entitled to have any given item, even a useful one.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
٠•●♥ ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ ♥●•٠·

Well I'd lose some gold if they did that, since the scissors are pretty much what makes that item so expensive.
The scissors are the only reason I have the item, really. It's a staple in my avatar making, and I think it's worth the amount of gold I spent on it.

besides, I don't think Gaia would ever do that...

Big Bunny

Winter Hue
Ramielion

Yeah... talk about a way to make the majority of users that spend real money on this site to stop doing so. Nothing like know a site that asks you for money for "premium" items will just wait a bit before giving a free copy to everyone. That would severely damage the site's credibility... or at least for me.

✦ it was a joke my man

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Okay, I have no real problem with this except that I don't think it will work. You want a cheaper version of the scissors pose from Agape but the main reason Agape is so expensive is because of the scissors pose. It might take a while but any item with a similar function to the scissors would end up just as expensive. It would probably be released through the cash shop, if only because it will likely be hugely popular, and when it leaves the shop, it will likely be correspondingly expensive, probably not quite as expensive as Agape, but still plenty expensive not to be accessible by the average gaian.
Tama Rama Ding Dong

If it was a gold shop item, I wouldn't mind, but I strongly feel it should be different from the agape. Maybe hands holding a pair of scissors along with the hair being cropped. Or another alternative would be a clip item that could hold up hair.

At the same time, Gaia does have the gold shop gardening bandanas that crop hair similarity to agape, and can pretty much be layered under any hat.

First of all, that sounds like a reasonable alternative (effect but with the scissors visible). That way those who didn't want to pay the price can also obtain the effect and the variety it affords while those who DID choose to spend that much gold/money/time don't get screwed over.

Also, I didn't know those bandanas did that! Ahhhh, that's so cool, I'm glad I saw your post.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
She-who-loves-hyphens
Okay, I have no real problem with this except that I don't think it will work. You want a cheaper version of the scissors pose from Agape but the main reason Agape is so expensive is because of the scissors pose. It might take a while but any item with a similar function to the scissors would end up just as expensive. It would probably be released through the cash shop, if only because it will likely be hugely popular, and when it leaves the shop, it will likely be correspondingly expensive, probably not quite as expensive as Agape, but still plenty expensive not to be accessible by the average gaian.

Pretty much this. Unless the item is either extremely cheap or just never taken out of the CS, the MP price will get high just as it did for Agape.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff