You came to me in

seamless sleep, slipped right in.

Behind my eye, on the back of my

mind...

...We swam a sea of

pretty sights and chandelier skies. I

swore I could feel you breathe, it was

all so real to me.

Huh? Was someone talking to her? Her sparkling sapphires moved upon the young man near her. Smiling warmly, she nodded in thanks at his compliment. "Thank you, it was a gift from my grandfather..." She said, adjusting it carefully.

She could remember the day it was given to her as if it was yesterday, let alone three years ago. But that wasn't a story to share with a stranger.

Seeing the parrot on his shoulder, she couldn't help but let out a soft giggle. "Pleasure to meet you, Trotters." She said, sporting a slight curtsy before standing up straight.

Looking over the man before her, it was quite obvious he wasn't an average human. From her training, she was immediately able to ascertain he was a reanimated being, but of what manner?

Reincarnation, resurrection? From the look of the scars, it appeared to be some sort of Frankenstein experiment.

"Fascinating..." She commented before her eyes met his own again.

"My name is Alice." She said, walking over before offering him a hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Sir."

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
"Naught a bar wench." She replied as she stopped in wot she was doin' to take back her parrot. Trotters, ruffled from being jostled around squawked.

"Pieces of pie? RAWRK!" the parrot fluffled up his feathers in protest. His beady eyes rolled in their sockets. He clamped his beak around a sunflower seed and refused to let go.

Tish reached up to fondly rub his chin feathers. The pirate rolled her eyes at the woman at the bar. She went upstairs to change an' get her parrot a bag of nuts.

Dapper Genius

He just laughed to himself quietly as he sipped his martini. Well, not regular service, but at least what he HAD gotten was quick. So?

What did he see.

Pirate. Interesting, but unknown desires. Absentminded. Might not be a good approach.

Killer, professional. Angry. Ah well, entertainment at the very least.

Killer, undead. And not suiting well to it. Mortality was always something that kind desired.

Witch? Perhaps. Vapid. There was always something that sort wanted, if you could tear her away from batting her eyelashes at someone.

But what would be the best possible way to start this...

Super Scamp

"I kinda like being a wuss puppy...people aren't trying to kill me all the time..." He murmured. Hazard preferred the quiet and the solitude of it all, anyway. He had a sword, yes, and it never left his side when he was awake, but only because he felt that it was important to who and what he was originally. He had studied it meticulously, but his untrained eye had not yet been able to pry any secrets from the construction of the weapon.

"Hazard O'Brien, Ma'am. It's lovely to meet you Alice." Then he saw her attempts to glimpse the scars and stitches that were on proud display. "Oh yeah, fascinating sure is the word for them! No idea how they got there really!" The traveler looked down and prodded the center of his chest which was a mass of fused stitches and chuckled. "Tough and stringy on the outside, tough and stringy on the inside too! Although what floored me originally was a thrown box, so I don't know how sturdy my noggin is."

binghu's Bride

Dangerous Datemate

User Image

† ALICE FOSTER †

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You came to me in

mind...

...We swam a sea of

all so real to me.

His comment caused her to laugh once more, a soft melodic chuckle that was quite contagious. "Well I suppose I'll have to take your word for it." She said softly.

Standing beside the table, she didn't wish to be rude and invite herself to join him. Something he had said made her pause for a moment.

"Wait, you don't know how they got there? That's rather strange..." She whispered. Perhaps his previous memories and knowledge didn't transfer along with his soul into this body. The theories ran through her mind, but she kept them unspoken.

Justice watched the woman walk upstairs as she chugged her Guiness. Stuff went down smooth, just like most of her work. and very rewarding. She emptied the bottle and slammed it down onto the bar counter, reaching over to refill it with the tap, but she left enough to cover two drinks on the counter before she grabbed now refilled bottle, sucking to try to get the foam off the top before it exploded down along the sides, while not letting her cherry fall off her smoke.

"Tough and Stringy on the inside? By the looks of ya, someone might have already found that out as true." Her eyes flickered over to Alice in Barland before heading over and meandering over to the fire pits, cigarette in hand and taking another long drag. "Rally round the family..with a pocketful of shellls..." She was in a semi good mood, seeming to be jamming to a song in her head while punctuating the song with hand movements. So maybe she wasn't Rage against The machine's singer, but she still loved the adrenaline in their music, the rage, the hate, the chaos. Chaos was more definately the music of her life.

"It's when those people who try to kill you all the time get vanquished and you're still standing there...those times are what makes living...great. Makes you feel more alive knowing you bested them than when you..or anyone you knew ran from them. Be the hunter, not the hunted, that there is MY advice.." She nodded over to him, crouching down by the fire pit as she took another deep drag off that cigarette.

"And you have a bad a** name, Hazard? And you wanna be a wuss puppy..Shame."

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Properly dressed this round, she returned wit' her parrot on her shoulder. His talons latched onto her hooped earring. Tish's hand rested on the hilt of her sheathed cutlass as she stepped back into the room. Grey eyes watchin' those whom she had seen just a few moments ago. The martini gent. Hazard. A young witch an' the murderous wretch. Her lip curled in a snarl.

Super Scamp

"You're right Alice...it is the strangest thing! I reckon my previous career path was pretty rough and tumble. When I woke up from the fight I was wearing this selfsame coat...but it was covered in blood. I still don't know who's it was...mine or someone else's..." Hazard rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. "I haven't really thought about it in light of other, more pressing matters. All I know is how I got here and how Tish has been real kind to me thus far. It's not a bad way to live if it wasn't for the crippling memory loss!"

"Oh it's not my real name..." He began to explain, "After I woke up underneath the bench I was wearing nothing but a pair of pants and this jacket....about ten feet from me was a red, white, and blue sign that read 'Hazard O'Brien' and my sword, hat, and boots were all tucked neatly underneath it." Hazard shrugged, "I don't have much else to go on so the name stuck."

Dapper Genius

It was time. Now, or never, mainly because waiting for everyone to just act would drive him mad. So!

The martini would be cast into the fire pit, a burst of fire to herald as the man rose from his seat, flipping the chair around. He used it to step up on top of the table, kicking his case open. The space around him would fill with shadows, darkness flowing from his case like smoke.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside. There behind a glass stands a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass,.move along, move along."

Overly dramatic? Perhaps. But it suited him so well, and he wouldn't harp on it forever.

"Come inside, the show's about to start. Guaranteed to blow your head apart... Rest assured you'll get your money's worth. Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth. You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo. You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll."

He laughed for a moment as the shadows flowed around his feet, leaning against a cane that hadn't been there a moment before.

"Over the top, I suppose. But do I have your attention now?"

binghu's Bride

Dangerous Datemate

User Image

† ALICE FOSTER †

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You came to me in

mind...

...We swam a sea of

all so real to me.

Nodding softly, she couldn't even imagine how terrible something like that would be to experience. He was rather brave to continue on his path after such a traumatic event.

"Well the name seems to suit you." She said, mostly at a loss for words. There was more she could have said, but she didn't want to be butting in where she wasn't welcome.

Rolling her eyes at the woman in red, she did her best to ignore the obnoxious comments. After all, Alice hadn't said two words to her. It would just be a complete waste of time and energy to even indulge this unpleasant patron in conversation.

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
"Wot the bloody 'ell just happened?" The pirate spoke up. She was startled by the martini man's actions. Her parrot squawked. One hand rose up to soothe her parrot's ruffled feathers, the other gripped her cutlass hilt. Half drawing it out of the sheath. Her grey eyes narrowed. Wot in de bloody 'ells of de Seven Seas was goin' on here?!
She remained by the fire pit, nursing her beer as she tossed the cigarette less filter into the fire. Listening as the flames licked at and warmed her face. She stood after a moment, looking back over towards the stairs to see the Pirate woman had come back down, shaded eyes looking back down at the cutlass at her waist. "What was the old addage? Never bring a sword to a gun fight?" She was smirking as she stuffed her hands into her oversized trench coat pockets, walking rings around the fire, before she slipped another cigarette unlit between her lips.

This was where warmth was, where life and death met. The flames. She took a deep breath in again. "You're lucky the Pirate came by to rescue you. Now there's irony at its finest. Most pirates would have stolen your Boot-Y." She snickered at the joke, just smiling wider at the dismissal she got from "Witchy Woman", she wasn't there to impress anyone, hence the lack of strapless dress.

"Hazard is still a kick a** name, you should so totally take it." All she'd say as she heard the Shadow man begin talking, the flames making her hair even redder as he made them raise up higher, taking that moment to light her cigarette before they receded. She was turned towards the man, but besides that, she hadn't needed to say a word.

Dapper Genius

"Look at you. All of you. So self-absorbed. Lost in your little worlds, unless someone steps in to take your attention. Oh I suppose it must be easy, vanishing into a dream, all alone but you and me... But it's not me that you see."

He'd leaned against his cane at that, starting to chuckle for a moment. "Oh, I got too caught in that song. Let me try this again."

Two taps of his cane and he'd be smiling, the head of it resting in his left hand as he looked over them all. "Greetings, ladies, gentlemen, and otherwise. My name is Robert DunRoan, and I'm a trader, by calling." He smiled, an easy smile, and leaned slightly forward, looking around from one person to another.

"And before you ask or look away, I'll tell you what I sell today. For you see, if from me, it's your dreams tonight you'll gain."
He walked around on the table, turning around the cane and switching hands in the process.

"Everyone needs something. And the honest truth is that I can provide. Perhaps not what you want, nor what you need. But there's always something to your desires, and I have so very much."

(Had this done eight minutes ago, still no replies to my last bit?)

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Intrigued by the man, the pirate neared him and spoke. "Desires? Wot sort of dreams an' desires are ye speakin' of mate?" she asked. Curious to know wot sort of things he was up to. Her curiosity grew. Itching as she wanted to know wot exactly he meant.

"Pie?"

"Shut up ye annoyin' wee bird. Robert tis naught goin' to give ye pie damn ye bag of feathers." Tish said. She flicked him off her shoulder. Intent on findin' out wot the trader meant by gainin' dreams. If she was anything, the Pirate was curious.

[[Sorry. I'm fixing dinner.]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces