Welcome to Gaia! ::

People Counted Since Grand Re-Opening

+1 1 100.0% [ 53 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]

Super Scamp

((I was waiting for your big sell, that's all.))

Hazard was on his feet in an instant, his hands extended at his sides shielding Alice and Tish. "I know a snake-oil sale's man when I see one, memories or not. What's your angle?" His lips curled up in a small snarl. "Better start explaining yourself, ya flannel-mouthed showboat!" Hazard was not at all curious; such pacts always came with fine print, the kind that makes you regret the fact that you took them in the first place. Especially in his condition, such bargains had a mighty draw on him...but Hazard was an amnesiac, not a dotard.
"I rather like being self absorbed, that means more for me and less for the people I don't give a rat's a** about." She sat down in one of the chairs nearest the fire put, putting her boots, which looked to be customized strappy Doc Martins onto the edge of said bricks containing the fire pit, beer in left hand, smoke in right.

Of course, being a smartass just ran in her blood, just like alot of things ran in her...family. The thought made her smirk widen, giving her a very Cheshire cat look. She drew the cigarette up, drawing alot of its toxic vapors into her lungs before tilting her head back and letting out a couple smoke rings float up towards the ceiling. This was the life.

Hearing the Interest in the Pirate's voice, she went back to staying where she was, rocking that chair back to lean onto its two back legs, one leg dangling precariously down to dangle while she balanced on that chair. "I'm going to need a refill...crimeny. Rather not get up after I just got bloody comfortable."

Her eyes looked over at Said Salesman in question. "He's not wearing...Flannel, Hazard. The Man has taste..."

Dapper Genius

The shadow man smiled at the redhead. At least someone appreciated the act. Oh, and the pirate. She showed interest. That at least was a start. But it was the dead man who got the first reply.

"An explanation? Very well. I come from a city, a city of legends. A place where gods once walked free. And while I won't say it's days are behind it, it's... grown dull."

He chuckled, leaning against his cane for a moment, giving a twisted grin to one at all.

"And so I needed something to do. Something more... Entertaining. So I gathered up a few things in my case, and I've come here today. To make a deal."

He had to laugh again, looking to Hazard again. "And I'll tell you this first, tho I think it's giving too much away for free. I don't want your souls. Some of you don't have enough to be worth the effort in the first place, and I damn well can't be bothered to learn how to extract it for some reason."

Two taps of his cane, and he was standing up again, turning his case around with one foot, showing things glittering in the shadowy interior.

"What I have to trade and offer are things of dreams, tho not quite literally. Power, knowledge, strength..." He paused, grinning. "Even life. I came from a place where such things could be bought and sold, so the question is not what I can offer you. It's a much simpler thing."

That grin was evil, but so honest. "What is it that you want?"

binghu's Bride

Dangerous Datemate

User Image

† ALICE FOSTER †

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You came to me in seamless sleep, slipped right in. Behind my eye, on the back of my mind...

...We swam a sea of pretty sights and chandelier skies. I swore I could feel you breathe, it was all so real to me.

Alice gasped softly at the explosion of shadow around them. Seeing the man beside her shield them, she went to thank him, but he was already taken in by the salesman's ploys.

She knew this type, and nothing good ever came from his deals. Alice was smart enough to stay away. As Hazard drew closer, she wasn't sure what his angle was.

Resting her hand upon the wand in her pocket, she was ready to defend herself and others if necessary.

((I wasn't sure what to write XD))

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Tish reached out as a ball of crimson feathers flew past her head. She snagged the parrot's tail, stopping him short of getting the shiny items. "Bad Trotters." she murmured and stuffed the parrot into a pocket of her vest. The parrot squawked in protest, the fabric straining to accommodate the feathered bird. But none the less he ended up in her pocket with only his beak protruding.

"Wot I want? A loaded question to be askin' a pirate. Immortality? Nay. Wot's de point of livin' fore'er when de one ye love cannot join ye." She shrugged. The Pirate was curious. She ducked under Hazard's arm, coming up to look closer at the case.

Super Scamp

"Dangerous things..." Hazard murmured, "...and definitely not for this one..." The traveler relented. He didn't know what this man, Robert by name, was capable of. Hell he didn't even know what he was capable of when properly pressed. Hazard did not want things to escalate beyond his capability to deal with them...and right now, he was about as effective as the next bloke. Half of him wanted to let the others do as they pleased because he dictated the course of no one, and the other half still wanted to reach out and protect them. He tore his eyes away from Robert and glanced to Alice. "Don't listen to him Alice! That case is full of shadows and lies...glittering promises with razored edges. Hold one and you're bound to get cut!"

Dapper Genius

He laughed again, resting against his cane as he lowered himself down to his knees. "Oh. I get you. I get you so easily. You, little man. Are afraid. You have so little, are are unwilling to risk anything that you own, because it's precious to you. That's understandable, oh yes. But it will only lead you into weakness. Risking nothing, doing nothing, gaining nothing. And holding everyone around you back." His voice slowly had slid down into a whisper, just a soft touch of sound that somehow everyone could hear. He snapped his cane forward, not touching the man but making a gesture as if he wanted to push him back.

"But if you've got nothing to buy, then you're just in the way. No hope, nothing to offer. Only your crying into the silence. Let's be done with this. If you don't want to make a deal, I've got others I can offer things to."

He'd smile, giving the witch a wink, and then stand up again to glance to the pirate.

"Immortality's always on the table, but you're wise enough to know the price that often comes with it. But as I said, the limit is not what I have to offer, but what you have to ask for. Guns, knowledge? Weapons, vehicles. Helpers, treasure maps. TRUTH. I have so many things."
Justice had had enough, the bottle wasn't going to refill itself, so she righted it and got up, passing the case and peering into it on the way over. Heck, wasn't like she was afraid to look, she reached across the bar, pulling the tap down again, refilling a supposedly non refillable bottle, but whose to say they could never be reused, damn beer companies. Always thinking of their profits and never looking out for god's green Earth...

She stopped and drained the bottle, tossing it into a bin in the back to which the bottle broke with a loud shatter, before she grabbed another bottle and popped the top off, sitting ON said bar now. The Salesman had the floor, after all, feet swinging with those heels hitting occasionally off the bar. "Least this place isn't Coyote Ugly..." Snickering as she opened that beer bottle same as the first.

"The only people who say they don't want to live forever is those who simply can't. But again, that's MY opinion. What do people desire most?" It made her look down at the bottle in her hand, starting to peel the label off into little itty bitty pieces and letting them pile up beside her. It was something to do after all. "Dreams and desires are things everyone has and not all of us are comfortable with sharing...or even realizing we have? Even wanting to admit that maybe...we want more than we really wish we did?" She paused to light up another cigarette. Its red nature lighting up her profile, until she snapped her lighter shut. "You said you don't know what happened to you, if you left a wife or kids and inadvertently abandoned them....and you won't even SEE if he can help you with that? Thinking of yourself, not people who might be missing you? But when would you ever find that answer out, without assistance, Hazard? What if you...never do?"

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Tish remained silent. She eyed the case, curious to know what was in it that glittered. True pirate as e'er. Naught completely obsessed by treasure but darn near close. "All dat glitters tis gold." she murmured under her breath. Her grey eyes lit up with the thought of treasure. Her heart thudded in her chest.

Super Scamp

"Men like me--men who've got nothing left to lose--make their way through life on their own. It's because the only thing they have left to hold onto is their pride and their dignity!" Suddenly he pointed skywards. "I don't need little cheats to help me along! Those uncompromising values will one day let me stand tall and shake the Heavens!" Standing to his feet Hazard shook his head and grinned. "Just not tonight Robert." He tipped his hat to the salesman and then to the red head. "Flannel-mouthed is a turn of speech, ma'am...Old West slang." Nodding to her Hazard turned to Alice. "Ma'am." With a dismissive shrug he stepped upstairs.

Dapper Genius

He had to laugh as the Hazard made his little speech. "Oh, maybe you'll stand tall, but I've seen the heavens shook, and I doubt you can do that. Still, I'll let you have your dreams, and your pride, and I hope it tastes good."

He had to laugh again, glancing at the girls remaining. The witch? She'd get a patient look, but she also had the style of the coward.

The Pirate? "Aye. Gold glitters, and more than gold does too. But do you dare to name at least SOMETHING you desire?"

And of course, the Redhead. "And you miss, who apparently knows the way of desire, at least for yourself, What is it that you want?"

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
"A ship dat dinna leaks in de rain an' storms upon the seas." It was the first thing that popped up in her mind. A non leaky ship. It would hasten her trips without a constant return to port for patching. Tish nodded. "Aye. A non-leaky ship Mister. Dat is something I desire." well.. naught desire. She wanted it. A desire.... her heart clenched at the thought. Desires were secret.
"Flannel-mouthed is a western thing? So that's where all the cowboys went, sorry, must have missed the spurs." Almost sounded like a joke, A witch, a pirate and a cowboy enter a bar. BUt damn if she wasn't short on punchlines. She took a sip of her beer, still watching things from underneath those tinted shades. Feet kicking back and forth to some rhythm only she seemed aware of.

"Nuh uh, Pyrite glitters and it AIN'T gold." The smirk spread wider as she went back to doing whatever it was she was doing, and whatever dangerous thoughts she had circling around in her mind. She had to snicker at the man's question. "See, I'm one of those lucky people who through hard work and dedication, and well...murdering the right people got to be right where I wanted to be. I got ...most of what I wanted. Santa said the rest was coming soon.." She pulled her shades down and winked at the man, right before she blew him a kiss and went back to smoking another cigarette, woman had a smoking problem.

"What do I want....that there is a serious question. I want to be able to manipulate fire." Her smile slid wider, and she became more sure of herself.

binghu's Bride

Dangerous Datemate

User Image

† ALICE FOSTER †
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
You came to me in seamless sleep, slipped right in. Behind my eye, on the back of my mind...

...We swam a sea of pretty sights and chandelier skies. I swore I could feel you breathe, it was all so real to me.

Watching the man make his sale, Alice couldn't help but smile. Yes, there was plenty of things in this world she wished she could have. Any normal human being would say the same thing. But she wasn't normal. Mild-mannered as she was, she had brains and courage to spare.

She knew all too well what fine print these wishes would have. And this was a price she didn't want to pay again.

"Thanks, but no thanks.." She said in reply to the salesman's wink. "I've already had to pay the price for a wish from a man such as yourself. I don't wish to lose what little I'm left with for a selfish whim.." She said quietly.

Dapper Genius

He had to cackle at the witch. "Well, wait and see what the others pay, you may change your mind..."

First! The redhead, such an easy desire. "Oh, but for a muse of fire? That's such an easy wish to grant." He'd go to his knees again, reaching into his case to grab out a medallion. A crimson coin, marked on one side with a complex glyphic structure, and the other with a raging flame.

"Take this, and press it to flesh, and for a while it will gift you with all fire at your command. It does go dim if you use it too much, but it does return after a while. The price for some gifts is patience."

And for the pirate, he'd flick out a model of a ship, but one that pulsed quietly with power, it's strength in wood, like the coin's was in fire. "As for you, this small vessel can grow as you see need, change and move to fit what's needed of it. And, best of all, it will never leak. It is all of one piece, after all."

He laughed, standing again. "The price, of course, is something. And it comes in two parts. One, tell everyone who asks where and who you got this from, so that I can find more people to sell to. And second... Well, I have a patron, you see. It's name is Maou, and it is Darkness. Tell of the darkness to those you meet, and we have a deal."

He grinned, spreading his hands. "If this is acceptable to you, keep these things, and I'll tell you their tales. If not, I'll take them back, and we'll be done of it."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff