Welcome to Gaia! ::

People Counted Since Grand Re-Opening

+1 1 100.0% [ 53 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]

What was life without chances? That was her belief. Some people were afraid to live, such as those who didn't want to take up these offers. She hopped down from the bar coming over to where the man and his case were to set her beer down next to the case. Stealing a peek into it from under her shades and even looking over towards the ship model he held in his other hand. "Too bad I can't seem to find a better half who doesn't leak..." She snickered as she took the coin from his hand, letting it roll off of one finger to another, continuing into it ended up into her palm, clutching it securely.

She looked down at the coin, flipping it from one side to the other. It had good weight to it as well, and she pulled back the wrist of her glove to slide the coin in, letting it next to her flesh before she stepped back to the fire pit where the flames had almost died out, placing a hand over it and closing her eyes to concentrate, before that flame licked up at her hand and in no time, she held a fireball in her hands, letting it roll from one hand to another, a wide smile upon her face before she turned and shot the fireball back into the fire pit as if it had merely been a basketball, it joined with the rest. "Piece of cake. It worked. Hallelujah. The Price is fair. Consider me in."

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tish pursued her lips, thinking about it. "Wot iffen I dinna tell of dis darkness? Who is it anyways?" Curiosity at times was her problem. Her fingers itched to snatch the ship from his hand and study it. The pirate rummaged in her vest pockets. "Ouch!" she had forgotten about her parrot, he nipped her finger. She smacked his beak in protest as she looked to find coins for purchase. At the last minute she lifted her head up and stared at Robert. Her grey eyes narrowed.

"Wot of de fine print in de sales?"

Dapper Genius

"The fine print, it's so very simple. If you renege on the contract, it is null and void. And the darkness will come to reclaim what belongs to it. Nothing more, nothing less. I stand here and offer, on THIS day, an open and HONEST trade. I deal in all things, light and dark. And for someone like me, who stands in the grey, one's word is a treasure more valuable than gold. If it could be said that my word is not my bond... Why, I'd never find another client again."

He grinned to the redhead, then glanced to the pirate. "Take the deal, and all is answered. Do not, and you gain nothing. It's a simple deal. Everything to gain, and nothing to lose."

Setting the boat down, he'd rest his cane on the table, offering his hands out. "Come on girls. Shake my hand. Won't you shake a poor sinner's hand?"

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Pirate held out her hand. "Deal. I'll take the ship an' it's price. Wot do I owe ye?" She asked, her grey eyes were lit up in treasured thoughts. A non leaky ship.... it was a peachy-keen idea. Naught anyone had a non leaky ship. All de metal ones sank in storms. Some of de older wooden ships did as well.
Justice stood there, picking her beer back up, crap, she hadn't left money for the last two beers. She was honest somewhat as she rummaged in her pockets and left it behind the counter. She must have been somewhat tipsy after all. Four beers, she was a lightweight anymore. She walked back over and took the man's left hand in hers, shaking and covering his with her right hand, to make it a good handshake.

"I have to say, this is the coolest thing to have happened in a long time. To think, I chose this bar to drink in out of all the others in Barton...what were the odds?" She clasped his hand after another moment and let his hand go. "I'm going to go spread the word and then confer with my significant other. He'll be happy, of this I have no doubt. Good night." She waved to the pirate woman, spirits obviously lifted as she exited out the door and into the night.

Dapper Genius

He'd smile, shaking their hands, chuckling softly. Oh, the stories he could... Ah. The redhead left.

Ah well, he'd send her a message later, to give her the information she'd need. Anything else was not his responsibility anymore. The contract was made.

Now then, for the pirate...

"Did you not listen? The price is as I said. If one asks you where you got such a ship, tell them it came from me. And when the time is right, tell any you meet of a simple tale..."

He wasn't certain if the witch was still listening, but this was one of the most fun parts of his job.

"In the early days of men, when everything was just beginning, men looked upon the world with fear and wonder. They knew not of what anything was, so they made up names for all things, and gods for them as well. All these things they had to make from nothing, for they did not understand. Most of these gods fell in time, to new gods as cultures rose and fell. But one did not."

He smiled, leaning down. "For you see, the first true god was not born of wonder, but of fear. Man walked, and the sun rose and set. Light defined everything, and their lives were benefited by the glory of the sun. They feared darkness, but it would retreat from the light, and they were safe."

He stood up, kicking his cane up to lean against it. "And then, one day, a darkness moved across the daytime sky. Men could not know, could not understand what would bring that darkness out, but they also could not deny that it existed. They looked at that darkness with fear and wonder, and they watched as it ate the sun, casting the world to shadow. In that moment of sublime terror, a new god was born. He was given many names over the years. But at this moment, it calls itself Maou. It is the eclipse. When darkness comes for all."

Robert grinned, and spread his hands, resting his cane in both. "And tell men of this, and your side is done. That is all that was asked. Do not, and the boat will be taken back."

(Breaking this into two parts to keep people from getting bored.)

Dapper Genius

That tale told, he'd flick his hands, and he'd be leaning against the cane again. "As for the boat? Well, it's tale is much simpler. Once, there was a great spirit of the forest, who resided as part of a god's court. One day, it met a human woman, and wanted to live with her. For this it begged it's master, to let him leave and join the world of men instead. It's powers were great, but the god was merciful, so he let that spirit break ties, and come to the world of men."

Robert shook his head, frowning slightly. "But while the spirit was great, his lady was shallow and vain. One day she found a man, and left with him, abandoning the spirit who had given up so much. The spirit cried out, trying to find a way to recover all that it lost. But his lady was shallow, and always left the men she dallied with. And his god had died, passing his domain on to his son. So the spirit went to the god's child, and begged him to grant the spirit back his place."

He sighed, but smiled. "The child was merciful too, and granted that spirit a place, tho it would cost him decades to return to what he'd had once. And so the spirit, in his last act among men, tore down the tree that had been his home with his bride, and shaped it into things. For even if his love would abandon him, the forest had always been true, and could be of use."

Robert grinned down at the pirate. "That ship is but one of many things made of that tree. A treasure, just in and of itself. Eternally alive, always as needs be."

binghu's Bride

Dangerous Datemate

User Image
† ALICE FOSTER †
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
You came to me in seamless sleep, slipped right in. Behind my eye, on the back of my mind...

...We swam a sea of pretty sights and chandelier skies. I swore I could feel you breathe, it was all so real to me.

Sighing lightly, Alice shook her head, praying that the consequences weren't too terrible for the girls to pay. As she watched the salesman, she couldn't help but feel entertained. He certainly had the stage presence to make a deal with a common man. If it wasn't for her previous experience with such types, she might have been vulnerable to his ploys.

She listened carefully to his story. The fine print was hidden in its words, whether the others knew it or not. But it wasn't her business. She removed her hand from her wand before watching in silence.

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
"Interesting tale. One best committed to memory an' told o'er a glowin' fire." Tish replied. She was in awe of the ship's legend. "Wot a legend. De ship tis alive...e'er eternal." she murmured as she reached out to finger the model, curious as to how it maintained its shape yet nearly tiny on the table. The pirate smiled. Her eyes lit up. Gears working in her thoughts. Eternal ship of life... oh the raids she could make. Those in the bar could see her mind working excitedly.

Dapper Genius

He tapped his cane against the pirate's finger's gently. "I'd recommend not activating it's powers here, it would NOT be good to have a full grown ship grow suddenly in the middle of a tavern, don't you agree? Best to wait till you take it outside somewhere."

He'd step down to his chair again, then to the ground, snapping the case closed now that his deals were complete. "And yes, It is a tale worth telling over a fire in the middle of a quiet night, isn't it? Do so sometime, such a tiny price to pay for something like this."

He gave both women a bow, pulling a watch from one pocket in rising. "And... Oh dear. I'm afraid that's all the time I have tonight for deals. I've got a little woman waiting for me at home, and she can be a right devil if I leave her waiting too long. Just keep to our contract, Miss, and everything will go swimmingly."

And with a click, the watch would close and vanish into his pocket, and case in hand the man would walk back out into the rain and shadows, to return home.

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tish looked up after he left, her eyes still caught up in the glow of a good tale. "Do ye think he means harm? Tis just a wee ship... an' it's tale... tis larger den life. I rather did enjoy it." Her smile fell. How could she transport the ship without activating its power? Upon that the pirate was stumped. She took her parrot out of her pocket.

Trotters squawked in protest. "Mutiny! Strike me irons!" he rawrked.

Dapper Genius

Because the player for Robert hasn't fully left yet, a last note would be left for those who dared to pick up the ship. One, it'd be remarkably light, as if it weighed as much as a ship of it's present size would. Second, it'd be almost impossible to damage, and that included cannon fire. And third, Tish would find a single word coming into her mind when she lifted it. 'Kirin'. The word that would cause the ship to change it's size, shape and structure to fit her needs, from a small sloop to a grand three-masted vessel.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

I supposed it had been too long, since last I stepped a paw into a tavern. The world was full of wonder, of mystery, and yet, for that same sake, I found myself contemplative; Not completely bored with the life I have led up to this point, but I won't lie to myself. I am in a strange mood tonight.

I had slipped in while another left. I simply looked around at first. Tables to my right. Booths to my left. Directly in front couches circling a firepit. The flames enticed me. My silvery fur still damp from the rain. Watching the fire had always been a pastime for the lonely traveler. Fire brought light to the darkness, a friend to the lonely, and warmth to the chilly air. I padded silently over to them, and noticed a small table directly behind of of those worn couches. I let a feline smile out and hopped up on it.

I sat down on my hunches, starring at the flame for a moment. Then looked at my fur. It was wet, not muddy, surprisingly, but deragged. And I call myself a proper cat! Well...technically I was. I started washing a black-socked paw, then moved my silver chest, and then licking my paws I brushed it back over my head and black-tipped ears. The fire was nice. Just wish I was a bit closer.

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tish smiled as she picked up the model of the ship, caressing it as one might a pet. Her true love was the sea. Ships.. treasure. Booty. Aye. all dat was part of a pirate's life. She sighed lovingly and stroked the tiny sails. "Thank ye." she murmured and went to a chair near the fire. Caught up in her thoughts she didn't see the cat. Her parrot did.

"RAWRK!" a screech from a flying ball of crimson, gold and sapphire feathers came diving down from the ceiling. Trotters the pirate parrot swooped past the cat, gliding over the fire pit and singing his tail feathers. He squawked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff