Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Like I said this afternoon - where there is food, alcohol, and drugs, there will be women. It's pretty much a law of nature, like tornadoes not liking poor people. And yeah, just look for an unzipped one. If you find a rocket propelled grenade launcher in one tent, then it's mine, and please don't touch it; we've already had enough explosions for the day."

He looked around, confused and happy. Plenty of people, splendid.

"Uh, hi... in case you didn't hear, I'm Ross, the owner. Anything I can get'cha?" he addressed the newcomer, then turned back.

"And actually, whether you'd believe it or not, I'm actually a high priest of Chelan, the god of Balance, Neutrality, Transcendence. I've saved a life tonight; therefore, I have to take one tonight as well. None of you, though, so don't worry. I'd never kill a friend."

His voice was still warm and quite pleasant, despite the subject of murder.

"Actually, it's easy enough if you have the money and the connections. I have both and I'm fairly trustworthy. Technically, it is illegal, but the government can't stop me. I own enough politicians and judges. And holy crap, I'm being swarmed by HoH participants. I'm Ross, and I'll offer you anything once I help all of these women who just entered before you."

He directed the last bit at Deitric, nodding.

Hello, paparazzi; hello to using artillery to drive them away. Life was good.

Mega Waffles

8,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Party Animal 100

Viviana shuffled a little, shifting her weight from one foot to the next. It seemed there were plenty of people around, she wondered how long it would take to get her food. The owner had politely introduced himself and the Lamia was wondering if that meant she should introduce herself too, but then, he didn't need to know her name. He needed to know her order

"Oh. Merci" she said with a gentle smile, "Could I get a T-bone steak, cooked rare... if it's not to much trouble, Monsieur." She reached up and scratched her temple, "And a Mojito..." she added for good measure. No point coming to a place that served alcohol and not actually ordering any. Or at least, that was how Vivi saw it.

Eloquent Gawker

Her eyes widened as he explained his power and connections. She was now convinced he was some type of criminal overlord that was too smart to actually be caught doing anything wrong. She was good at jumping to conclusion and this particular conclusion just increased her interest in him all the more. She then looked around noticing the mass amount of people. "Oh dear. Would you maybe like me to help you serve everyone? I may not know my way around here very well...or at all but I'm very good at entertaining guests. I even have a cute outfit I wear for such jobs." She smiled at her new criminal overlord friend. She was more anxious to help him thinking he was as she concluded.

Dapper Noob

[ . : . ]

[ That's.. the fifth time tonight that my connection has died? Christ. ]

[ Backreading. Will post shortly. ]

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
"Thanks. I'll leave you to tend to the newcomers then. I'll settle up with whatever I owe you for the water and tent tomorrow if that's alright. Might even have some breakfast to add to that bill."

Gautama got up from his stool and noticed the chocolate haired girl that had recently arrived. She must have been the one he saw coming up from the ocean. Everyone else had come from the jungle so this was kind of odd.

Stopping near Anneke, he addressed her "Excuse me miss, but did I see you come from the ocean? You look like you need more urgent attention than the rest of the folks here."

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
[ Warring and pillaging could indeed be fun. I might, depending how my grades turn out rofl ]

Anneke smiled at the man and cleared her dry, parched throat in attempts to reply. Slightly raspy and oddly accented words poured from her coral colored lips, " Nice to meet you, Ross. And water, if you could.....no ice please. And if you have something simple to eat, rice perhaps,a small portion would be wonderful. My name is Anneke, if you were wondering."

She grabbed her bag and approached the bar, sitting on one of the stools and dropping the small satchel to the floor. She looked over at the other people currently sitting and flashed a warm and genuine half-smile at them. Turning back and staring down at the bar top she quietly addressed the room, " I have a few questions, not to anyone in particular, if you're willing to address them." She knew her voice sounded unfamiliar, and her speech probably rather formal to these people. Her native language was not English, but she learned quickly as a young girl that it was the only language that would allow you to get anything accomplished in the real world. Unfortunately translations from her native tongue to English often came off very stiff and wordy.

[edit]

Startled by the mans remark to her she turned, a bit jerky." Oh, yes I came from the ocean. But no need to worry, I'm sure after some food, water, and rest I'll be back on my feet. I appreciate the concern though." She nodded politely to him and smiled, the gold flecks in her eyes sparkling from the reflection of the torches that surrounded the bar.
"Right away, and you'd be the answer to a prayer if you'd do that. Basically... the kitchen and bar are here. It's a bit disorganzied, but you'll find what you need. Bathrooms are that way behind the tent cabins, the herb garden is behind us and the graveyard... uh. Surf racks over there, and see this red button on the laptop? That's the 'oh s**t' button. Hit it if someone's using magic to kill someone or attack us; and if it gets worse, hit the button below that and get as low as you can in two seconds, or you'll die a very quick death."

He spoke quickly as he crushed the mint into a tall, thin glass, then added the sugar and lime juice. Giving it a good stir, he threw in ice cubes, topped it with rum, mixed, added the club soda, then garnished it with the mint and lime before sliding it down the bar. Well, at least, it was done. If anyone could see past him, they'd notice the fork and such were doing it on their own while he gestured.

"And if you could get her some water, that'd be great."

He went to the fridge and started getting the food out.

"Everyone else, order up now, please. I'd like to know what I should get out."

Dapper Noob

Oh, crap.

A sudden pervasion of new faces had surrounded the young Cainite. This suddenly suffocating decrease of space around him was enough to make any man uncomfortable, and much more to someone like Llewellyn, whom wasn't especially attuned to large groups of people.

'A pleasure to meet you, Ross.'

With that, he retreated. Hand roaming dangerously close to the Sheol, a weapon currantly resting in a sheath strapped to his right thigh. View of said weapon was obscured by it's vessal, and thus no one could be sure what exactly it was. But like any weapon carried outside of the conventional plane, one could be sure it was rather dangerous. Especially carried in the deadly hands of a Cainite.

Llewellyn found himself outside the shanty a moment later, looking in. Like watching animals in their cages, the Cainite viewed them as if they were put there specifically for his amusement. Taking care to scrutinize details as to discover any sort of stimulus that may reveal a tie to any of these strangers. Perhaps he knew one of them. Time would tell. But, for now, he was alone.

And that suited him fine.

[Erm.. Moirne, you still there?

And... uh, I forgot your name, but the guy with the fox in his sig?

I think I may have left y'all behind.

gonk ]

Eloquent Gawker

She smiled and saluted to him. "Right away Sir Overlord!" She had already given him a nickname as she quickly ran off in the direction he pointed to for the bathrooms so she could change. Changing didn't take long as she always enjoyed putting on her different outfits. She exited the bathroom a few minutes later wearing a little red dress that looked like mix between a maid's outfit and a waitress' uniform. It fit her slender form perfectly and she loved the big bow on the back the kept the small frilly apron tied securely to her waist. She looked like she belonged in a host club though she'd never actually worked in one before. She quickly ran to the bar counter and poured a few glasses of water in case anyone else would soon ask for one. She then proceeded to follow his instructions of giving the woman her water. "My name's Kitty everyone and I'll be glad to help you while Master Ross is busy." She said with a smile and a slight giggle.
Moirne sent an apologetic smile towards the man who had to wait behind her in line. "Whoa. Looks like I got here just in time for the midday rush, didn't I?", she semi-sarcastically commented towards the man who seemed to be the owner, a bit bewildered by the unexpected activity. I mean. Consider. A small bar and grill place in one of the most sparely populated areas of all Gaia, surrounded by a thick forest full of nasty bushes, animals and more of such riff-raff (that she could account for, unfortunately). At most she would've predicted a dishevelled bartender and some surf dude of sorts. Moirne blinked. No surf dude in sight. And the bartender looked far from what she would call dishevelled. Rather there was an overkill of the female gender, the minority of men present currently gaping at this fact. Maybe all this business going on is unusual after all, she mused to herself, patiently waiting to be served. She shot a glance at said owner. Poor man. Think you've finally found your quiet reclusion away from hasty, materialistic life, in pour the demanding customers. The girl sighed. First she was stuck in the jungle for ages, and now that she finally found some civilised place of sorts in the middle of nowhere, it was so busy she had to actually wait for her turn. If her stomach wasn't so sore she probably would've laughed at the irony.

(( I'm still with ya, don't worry. ))
Seth looked around. For once again there was a crowd. I guess he had to get use to the fact he wasn’t the only guy that like liquor and bitches. He sighed somewhat his face turning to a little child’s would. He walked slowly from the darkness to the somewhat lighted area. A weird place indeed this was, it smelled like drugs in the air.

…No wonder everyone is having a good time…

He thought to himself as he walked up to what seemed to be a bar. He simply leaned on it and grinned as he turned around. His red and purple eyes scanning and people around him talking loudly. Some weird characters in the mix, some he recognized, and some he didn’t. He recognized this Indian looking ********. Just couldn’t place his finger on it.

“..Yea “

Turning around to the counter he taped his finger on it and spoke

“…Can I have scotch…straight up “

He didn’t care who was here, someone better get his drink. That is all he knew.
[Yes, war and pillaging.

In the summer I do community service.

*takes off viking helmet, dons halo*]

Well, if no one else was going to order..

The most recent arrival stepped forward, moving from sand to wood so that he could be better seen - not a hard feat, considering his six-foot-three height and the broadness of his shoulders. Up close, his features were clearly foreign in comparison to most people around him - from the clay-red tone of his skin to the squint of his eyes, the tall stranger stood out in a crowd. Trailing lines of black ink carefully etched into the skin of his entire left arm left clues to his identity - anyone who might've been a fan of watching fighting tournaments would recognize the tattoo.

He skimmed the chalkboard menu before taking a seat at the bar. Without speaking, it was probably the best way to show he wanted to order - Deitric's stoic silence could of been mistaken for shyness, if his movements and stance didn't suggest otherwise.

"Hi. Can I get.. the shark bites.. cheesy garlic bites.. wipeout burger.. and the surf'n'turf, with a cup of green tea and a Black Russian?" the tribesman addressed Ross (or the closest person working the place), but the quiet, slightly confused tone of his voice made it obvious he was reading right from the blackboard, and a lot of the names for the food might not of clicked as well in his mind as it might've with a local or someone more acquainted with the food. The furrow of his brows showed he probably didn't like the idea of someone serving him either. But around the mainland, it seemed as though such a thing were common.

"Erm.. thanks.." he offered, keeping his eyes on Ross (or the nearest possible employee that had decided to take his monstrous order.)

Eloquent Gawker

Kitty's ears perked up at hearing a man's request for a scotch. She quickly ran behind the bar counter to pour the man's drink. "Hello I'm Kitty and I'm helping Master Ross while his bar is so busy." She stated this with a smile as she gave the man the drink he wanted. "Is there anything else I can get you?" Her ears twitched at all the commotion in the bar but she was just happy to help and have the chance to wear her cute red little waitress dress.

Mega Waffles

8,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Party Animal 100

The Mojito came sliding down the counter towards Vivi and her eyes certainly lit up when she saw it.

"Parait!" She exclaimed wrapping her slender fingers around the cool glass and lifting it straight to her lips. A small sip was taken and then followed by a satisfied sigh. That was good.

"Ah. 'its the spot." She said to noone in particular. The place was pretty packed. Viviana was used to bars where the only people present were the bar tender and a couple of anti-social oddballs... or occasionally the always entertaining brawlers. She quirked an eyebrow as she listened to the tall tribesman order about half of the menu. Well the chef was sure going to be kept on his toes.

The fingers of her free hand wound their way through her silvery locks. Pushing the unruly curls back out of her blue eyes. Sometimes the Lamia wondered why she didn't just cut the damn things off, but then she remembered it was because they just grew back twice as mischevious as before. Sipping at her drink she entertained the idea that her hair was actually a seperate entity to herself whose purpose in life was to irritate her. Stranger things had been true.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff