Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Of course. They live with me now. They're at home though, back in Durem."

Nic smiled a bit before jumping and pulling the skewers away form the fire.

"
Crap, hope I didn't overcook them."

He'd check them.

"
So, how about that walk while we eat?"

Nic smiled and held out his free hand to her.

"
How old are you anyways?"

Not the greatest question, but she did say she was young. He wondered how young.
Getting tired of watching the two who were busy not getting busy, Cal and Aña would be finishing up on the robot in the meantime, and now would be testing it.

"Robot! Fetch me a beer!"

The end result was... well, something that looked more or less humanoid, although a bit on the bulky side and with a faint, off-yellow artificial skin to go with silver hair and red glowing eyes. Despite its appearance, the thing rose to its feet, stared around, then went for the bar to fetch Aña her booze.

"Oy! Robotard! Tequila!"

With a slight whir of its mechanicals, the robot would turn and walk back with a six-pack and a bottle of tequila.

"Okay, this thing is officially awesome. Can I shoot it now?"

"I never thought I'd say this, but you need to drink before operating a firearm."

Nodding, Cal took a swig from the tequila, then started shooting the robot. Aside from staggering from the force of the bullets and the marks in the flesh, the thing seemed fine and rose back up after Cal had unloaded a clip on it.

"I love you, Aña."

"You do know this is your birthday and christmas gifts, right?"

Eloquent Gawker

"I'm 21 but people often treat me like I'm younger. I think it's because I have a little girl's face. Or at least that's what I've been told. That and I guess I can act pretty childish. I just get excited easily is all. It doesn't take much to put me in a good mood. I find myself lucky that way. Though I guess I can be kinda naive and gullible for the most part. I can be kinda spacey too." She took his hand and stood to her feet. She looked at the shrimp. They didn't seem overcooked. She turned her head back to him and smiled.

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
Anneke could hear people at the bonfire in the distance, but had no desire to socialize with busy, happy people. So, she moved around behind the counter and whatnot in search of food. Finding some chicken, butter, basil, cheeses of a few varieties, and some peppers along with some rice she began to whip up an old staple from home.

She got to pounding the chicken down, stuffing it, and all the works and waited patiently as it cooked, downing a glass of apple juice while she waited.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
G could see most everyone was at the bonfire and didn't really feel like participating. He needed something to drink, preferably non-alcoholic. Stepping up to the bar he could see the place was pretty vacant with the exception of Anneke cooking.

Looking around for some juice of some kind, he greeted her. "Hey. How are you doing, if you don't mind my asking?"

He caught sight of some apple juice and poured himself a glass of that, drinking it down fairly quickly before pouring another glass.

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
Anneke smiled as she saw G walk in, it was nice to see a familar face. She looked down at her chicken to see it needed a good turning over otherwise one side would burn and it'd be raw in the center.

" Hey..," she said, not neccessarily in a cheery way, " Um...well I'm better I guess you could say. Still rather empty, but at least a little better." She faked a smile and snatched the apple juice away to pour another glass.

" I haven't seen you in awhile, how have you been?" She tightened her ponytail, little droplets of water still clinging barely to her hair from her shower, and leaned slightly on the bar.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
"I've been pretty good. You probably haven't seen me because I haven't been around here much. Been off doing my own thing, you could say."

G finished drinking his second cup of apple juice and then put the glass in the sink. That should keep his blood sugar up and cure his shakes. He always knew when he got the shakes that he needed to eat or drink something. He was going to have to build up to these new skills of his, it seemed. Just like a beginner couldn't run three miles, it seemed he wasn't going to be able to fly about his first day, but right now that was sort of his goal.

"I've been working on something new. Would you like to see it?"

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
Anneke put her food on the plate, two whole stuffed chicken breasts with sauteed peppers and a creamy herb and butter sauce all on top of some steamed rice. She sat the plate on the counter and walked around to take a seat, sliding her glass of apple juice over as well.

" What kind of something new?" she asked, " by the way, want some?" She shrugged and awaited his answer, taking a bite of her chicken and making a very satisfied face.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
"Something kind of awesome that I discovered I can do. And yes, if you don't mind sharing I would like some." G went and got a plate and some utensils for himself, then came back around to where Anneke was sitting. Putting his plate down, he then went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of cola before coming back to sit with Anneke.

"My thing is a little mind blowing, at least for me. Probably isn't that spectacular as far as Gaia goes though."
Nic lead the way during the walk down the beach, occasionally munching on one of the shrimp on the skewers in his other hand.

"
21 huh? Thats not too young. I'm only 27 after all, though I guess I do look older. Gaia can do that to ya."

Nic just laughed a bit. He definitely looked older than he was. By about four years.

"
Go ahead and do the math if you haven't already. Yes, James and Jamie were born when I was about 13. I was busy."

More laughing.

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
" Interesting," she said, sliding one of the stuffed chicken breasts and some rice onto his plate, along with most of the peppers. She like the taste of peppers and the flavor when cooked, but wasn't all that big on eating the actual pepper. Of course, not being one to waste she always would eat them, but if she could push them off on someone else she probably would.
"And no I don't mind sharing. I have a feeling I couldn't eat this all anyways, as hungry as I am...being that I haven't eaten much in the last couple days. Before you ask, its something I used to make at home a lot...chicken breast stuffed with a couple different cheeses and sauteed with peppers in a butter and herb sauce.And rice, plain old rice." She then shrugged and went back to munching on her food.

" Oh, and sure go ahead and show me. I come from a very uninteresting place full of uninteresting people, at least in the ways people here are. I've never seen anyone who looks like half these people, or that can do anything they can do, so I'm sure you'll 'blow my mind' as you put it."

Eloquent Gawker

She took a bite of shrimp and meowed happily. "I'm not actually from Gaia so I guess I'd never notice." She took another bite of shrimp and imagined what it would have been like if she had twins at 13, ha! she didn't have a home at 13. She doesn't even have a permanent home now. That'd be pretty rough, she thought to herself. "Do you ever plan on having any more children since you're older now?"

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
G took the food and then took a few bites of it before he went on. "Well first I need to find an appropriate object..." Looking around the bar his attention then focused on his bottle of cola. He twisted the top off of the bottle and then set the cap onto the smooth wooden surface. After taking a drink of the dark fizzy liquid he said "Okay, just watch this bottle cap."

He focused on the bottle cap, breathed deep and evenly, melded with the bottle cap, and then suggested that it move. After a period of not being able to really tell if the cap was moving or if it was just a trick of the eyes, the little bit of metal suddenly flipped over by itself, then continued to do so, then finally started to spin on its edge before G broke his focus and the cap dropped back flat.

Inhaling deeply and with another drink of cola, he turned to Anneke. "Well?"

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
Anneke just raised her eyebrow and looked at it, a bit surprised. Her jaw may have dropped if it hadn't been full of food.

" Weird...how'd you do that?" She took another bite of her food and looked back over. " Oh, and do you like the food?"

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
"I'm not entirely sure how I do it, but it's like becoming one with the object and then kind of suggesting it move. It's sort of like how you move your arms or legs. You don't really think about it, you just do it."

G shoveled a few more good sized bites into his mouth.

"And I'm enjoying this food greatly. I don't think I've ever had anything quite like it."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff