Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Noob

[ . : . ]

Suddenly, a thought. Poking him in the back of the neck.

'Ross. What did that button do?'

IAll this talk of land mines and other guerilla tactics had piqued his interest. More specifically, his interest in what exactly had possessed the odd man to put a shanty in the middle of a warzone. Or, rather, a mine field.

Llewellyn turned, standing. Moving to the bar where he'd stood moments ago. Some distance to the left of Gautama. Somewhere near that neko thing.

'I'm Llewellyn, by the way.'

[ My writing is awful tonight. ]

[ . : . ]

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
[ For afull description and back story, check out my journal ]

As her tattered raft approaches the black sandy beach, relief begins to overwhelm Anneke. Her long journey had finally brought her somewhere solid, where she could plant her feet on the ground and perhaps find some rest, food, and water for her tattered frame. She clumsily paddled the raft until she was close enough to shore, and slid off sinking shin deep into the icy water. It was night now, and the black sand seemed to fade endlessly into the washing tides. The feeling of something solid beneath her feet was amazing, despite her jelly-like legs that almost gave way. She weakly pulled the raft ashore and slung her small bag over her shoulder. Looking around she saw dense forests and off in the distance, a golden glow and the outline of what appeared to be a building. She took her time and meandered toward the shack, enjoying the feeling of the sand between her toes. Her white linen dress clung to her damp legs as she walked and inched nearer and nearer. The warmth of the torches radiated against her cool, damp skin as she approached the small black building. Standing just a few feet from the open bar area she noticed the tents and various surf boards. Surely this did not look like something that would exist, where great turmoil and chaos existed,she thought to herself, it looked so peaceful. Running her fingers through the long cascading chocolate brown waves, she slowly tiptoed cautiously into the shack . Looking around and taking it all in, her sparkly green and gold eyes flitted quickly around the room.
"Oh, they're laid by the local freedom fighters. For the most part, they'll leave you alone if you do the same, although they pay their bills far better than the government does. I don't really take sides - I can afford the bribes to the government and I know people among the rebels. Still, try to keep within a thousand feet of the farthest building at all times, and I strongly suggest carrying some sort of weapon."

He grinned at Kitty and touched her arm lightly before indicating the menu.

"Well, that's our specials. I can probably cook something else, and we've got other things for sale to satisfy other primal urges or addictions, too."

Idly, he picked up a lime and bit into it before sucking it dry.

"Yeah. Solar panels, sustainable woodburning, and such on my part. The trade winds help considerably, and this place isn't really polluted much. You can actually see the stars and don't have to wake up to the birds choking."

Finally turning to the beach, he looked at the other guy who'd been sitting there most of the night.

"Well, that button... well, it's a long story, but basically, it just suppresses all powers in the area within about a quarter mile. Even inactive, it makes us all mortals. And... Llewellyn. Hehe, it rhymes with Rhoslyn. I approve."

[edited]

Eloquent Gawker

Her tail flickered at his touch to her arm and she tilted her head to the side. "Primal urges and addictions? Are those specials too?" She then thought to herself trying to remember where she had heard the term 'primal' before but couldn't seem to remember. Watching him suck the lime made her frown slightly as she hated the taste of lime. Cherries and grapes were always more to her liking.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
"Ah, freedom fighters." Gautama was reminded of a few years ago when he'd just turned 20. He had been a fighter, but not for freedom. He mainly dueled for money and honor in those days. Luckily his scars had either mostly faded or weren't noticeable anymore.

At the mention of stars, G looked out over the dark ocean and could in fact see a blanketing of stars beginning to appear. He was used to stars as much as he slept outside. Just then he noticed some movement by the water and noticed a young woman approaching looking pretty worn down. This was certainly interesting.

"So, Ross, what inspired you to set up shop out here?"
Cona, after smelling a beach bar and trekking through a mile and a half of forest during low tide, finally reaches his goal. he circles the building and slowly approaches the front door... pausing, sniffing the air, then artfully kicking the door hard to send it toppling inwards before diving to slide in on his knees, arms flailing as if playing an imaginary guitar. His head flung back, shaking loose his pink hair. His fox tail swayed with excitement.
[I'm waiting on everyone to post before replyin'. Saves a bit of time. ^.^]

Mega Waffles

8,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Party Animal 100

Steak smelt good.
This wasn't really news to Vivi, who had indulged in steak on multiple occasions. However, on this particular occasion she had caught the scent of it wafting on the breeze and it had been mouth watering and it had got her thinking, when was the last time she had a steak anyway?

After standing for a few moments and contemplating she came up with an answer.

Too long.

And so it was she found herself standing outside a place that looked like it was frequented go gnarly surfer kids and had a nice view out over the ocean. But the best part about the place was the smell of steak. With a haphazard shrug, she walked in.

"I wonder where I order?" she mused aloud.
Moirne's head jerked up as she heard an explosion, causing an array of highly distressed birds to leave the shade of the trees and swarm the blue sky. "God.. just when I was looking for some peace...", the girl grumbled, grey-blue locks plastered to her face in the damp warmth of the forest she was passing through. She worked her way past the thick coverage of ferns and bushes, having strayed from the path a long time ago. Subsequently, her outfit was rather savage. Her light tunic was smeared with green and brown streaks, and under her dark shorts her legs were severely scratched plus bitten by god-knows-what. Her grey eyes shone brightly though, and although feeling a little fatigue, she still looked quite healthy by her tanned skin. As such it was safe to say her sanity was very much intact, despite her unlikely route through the forest. But to a girl there are more things to worry about than mere mental capacity. Such as a rumbling stomach.

"Damn.. rotten.. ugly.. disgusting.. filthy.. plants!", she exclaimed between gritted teeth at every sway of her machete. Truth to be told, first she had marvelled at the beauty of the forest, and righteously so. But everything grows old with time, and so did the beauties of an exotic jungle, after crossing straight through for far longer than anyone by their right mind would. Moirne took a moment to rest as she contemplated on her situation. The conclusion was swiftly found. "I'm gonna turn into a friggin' hobo if I don't find a piece of civilisation soon.", she sighed grimly. Then the explosion came back to mind. I doubt this was the effort of some ant war, the girl thought with a whim of sarcasm. Where there is fireworks, there are people. With this new goal set, the girl hunched her backpack back onto her shoulder and continued her way, this time into the direction of said explosion.

After a while, she finally arrived at the clearing. What she saw though, was something entirely unexpected. No ant wars, not even any people in direct sight. Instead something so much better: a bar, albeit looking a little makeshift, but still enough of a miracle to make Moirne wonder which deity she had to thank for this. With new-found energy she made her way over to the place, not in the least self-conscious over her appearance. As said. For a girl there more things to worry about. Such as your first proper meal after being on a jungle-plants-and-birds diet. Or even better. Alcohol.

"Hi guys.", she simply greeted everyone present, not bothering with vain things as formality. They were in the jungle, for Christ's sake. Dumping her backpack, she smoothly slid her lean form onto one of the barstools as she eagerly leaned on the counter. "Something with a lot of meat, and a caipirinha, please." Running a hand through her chin-length hair, she smiled gratefully at the man behind the bar. Surely, her features did sport a few streaks of dirt, but beyond that she was quite pretty, although slightly fragile-looking, grey eyes set in a delicate face. She was thin-built, though not without curves, and stood at average height. Slender hands were currently tapping an anonymous song on the counter top, as she curiously took in the situation around her, not disturbed by any rumours of rebels hanging around. For the very simple fact she had never heard these. Well. Not yet.

(( Whoa. I guess I was feeling inspired. ))

[>.> Perhaps not.

Also, WOW, a lot of people.]

"Well...I won't corrupt you, then. Let's just say that while I'm not a bad person, I assure you that I'm not a good one, either. Some people like alcohol, some like coke, some like blood, and others like sex. For the right price, I can find you anything."

He touched the knives embedded in the counter with a slight smile on his face.

"And why? Smell the ocean, taste the air. This is paradise on earth, if you only let your worldly concerns go. The only connection to civilization is a long trail and my satellite phone. There's no service, no Internet, no Blackberries, no pollution... well, and no crime, but that's because there's no laws that really apply here. Why on earth wouldn't I pick here?"

With two more people coming up, Rhoslyn blinked and looked slightly confused.

"And wow, I was going to say geographic isolation from most of Gaia, but not even a few thousand miles of distance and a mile of walking through a jungle can keep people away... on opening night. Hi, I'm Rhoslyn - call me Ross. Anything I can get y'all?"

He studied the fox-man with pink hair, then the woman sniffing the air with a hungry look on her face. She seemed kinda familiar, too - maybe she was another HoH'er. He'd ask Damon once the psion awoke from his slumber on the beach.

And then a few seconds later, another one.

"Hi, I'm Ross. That explosion you heard was a land mine, and judging by most people's expressions, y'all need a drink."

He hadn't even noticed the quiet one yet. This'd be a long night of cooking.
[I knew if Prussiah was posting here, so was Jon xp

Too bad my main character is elsewhere >.>]

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
"Ah, I see your point..." Gautama suddenly realized that he was in the place he was supposed to be at this time. He had left a monastery to be *in* the world and now he was yet again seeking to be away from it. Well, most of it.

"Do you have some kind of people magnet in this place? One specifically set to attract females it looks like..." G wasn't lecherous but he did have earthly desires just like anyone else. How did one take a vacation from being a wanderer? He figured this was as close as he was going to get to that.

"You wouldn't be able to provide me with one of those tents for the night would you, Ross? I'm sort of beat."

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
[ Yeah, Darth, I rarely RP but when I do it's with him ^.^ Needed something to do to fill my winter break]

Trying not to make a fuss or draw attention away from any of the other occupants of the bar, Anneke walked delicately through the flickering shadows of flame and light on the floor toward the bar. She waited quietly to be addressed, but in the mean time she just sat her satchel on one of the nearby tables and touseled her loose waves. Her turn would come soon enough, and she among anyone knows that good things come to those who wait. It seemed to be a friendly crowd, and hopefully they'd be able to help a stranger out and maybe provide her some information about where she was.

Eloquent Gawker

She blushed lightly at his explaination. She didn't think it was possible to walk into a bar and buy those sort of things. She didn't seemed bothered by it though. Kitty wasn't one to judge even on things she should. She was naive in this way but it caused no harm to be a little naive. She was more curious than anything else. "Is that legal? And how can you be neither a good nor a bad person? I'm sure everyone is slightly more one than the other. You certainly don't seem to me to be more bad than good though. But I do wonder how one can go about finding everything a person would want." Her imagination then began to go wild. She started thinking perhaps he was a smuggler like she had seen in movies, maybe he stole products for customers that paid the right price and maybe he was even a fugitive which would explain why his bar was so out of the way. She suddenly grew a big grin on her face from the excitement of all the possibilites. However to anyone who didn't know what she was thinking she'd most likely look a little odd, getting excited out of nowhere.
[Do what I do.

I fill up my winter break with WAR AND PILLAGING D:<

Wait. I think I've confused myself with a Viking.

..No.

Sounds about right.

WARRING AND PILLAGING.]

"I'm.. early?"

"That's correct sir."

"How long till the boat arrives?"

"An hour at least, at most.. several. We can give you a call when we hear any news. There's a nice place on the beach, if it's your first time in the area."

"Hnnh.. Fine. I'll just leave my bike and luggage here."

"That's fine, sir. Just head south about a mile or two. Can't miss it."

Shrugging off his jacket and fur-cloak and tossing both onto his bike, the tribesman-turned-prizefighter Deitric Jocasta let out a grunt of annoyance and turned to head due south through the crowded streets of the port. The air around him was hot and humid, but at least the tide was low. That meant he wouldn't have to rent a boat to get to this supposed hot-spot. Unrolling his bandanna from a headband to a full on covering for his scalp, he re-tied it and picked up his pace to a jog.

Better beat the waves.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-(MAGICAL PASSAGE OF TIME)=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deitric burst from the haze of greenery with a sigh. It didn't matter what sort of trees they were - navigation through heavy foliage was always the same. Unlike most, he didn't need to use a machete to find his way through - it was just a matter of finding the right loopholes through the laws of the jungle. What would take most people an hour or two took the sharp eyed hunter only a scant forty minutes or so.

Brushing off a snake that had managed to try and nest into his black mane, the red skinned warrior circled the main shack to come 'round to what could pose as an entrance. The travel agent at the docks hadn't been joking - there were a lot of people around this place. Without too much worry for what black sand might do to black biker boots, the tribesman approached the bar-n-grill. Food sounded pretty good, right about then.

That probably meant he'd be waiting in line behind other customers though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff