Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

Truest Valor

"Canaan." she repeated. "Like a Buchanan?" Probably not.

He began to... flex?... and Ashley watched. "Looks like you were probably pretty good at your job, huh?" she rolled her eyes with a smirk. It didn't bother her, his moment of hyper-masculinity. The eye-candy was definitely a treat. It was pretty common at bars, and she was amused by it. She wasn't normally the prey, anyway-- while most bar-going females were busty women wearing very little, Ashley had the toned-but-sort-of-flat body of a gymnast (with none of the grace or balance), and was usually sporting a big t-shirt and denim shorts. Although looks were always deceiving in this world, she could easily pass for a harmless girl.

"Man, it would take a LOT..." she looked back at the bar once more. Even though the foundation was cement and in good condition, the bamboo siding was a mess, and the living roof was equally as dilapidated. Someone with a magical green thumb could come along and fix it pretty quick, of course... but Ashley had the opposite, and though Canaan appeared to have the muscle, she wasn't convinced he had the gardening know-how for the job. "... to get this place back in shape! And I'm not sure it would be as fun as a... ~mysterious journey~..." she slowly looked back at him with very raised eyebrows, clearly insinuating her nosy curiosity of just what kind of "quest" he might be on. Although she was making her interest painfully, comically obvious, she wouldn't pry with words. Just with wiggling eyebrows and an innocent grin.

Aged Gaian

ASHLEYASDFGH

"CAY-nan" he repeated back to her. "It's unusual, I realize. Supposed to be the name of a holy land in ancient texts." Canaan smiled at her next remark, though it did bring back some grim memories too. "Don't see any bad guys around here anymore, do ya? You're welcome." He said jokingly. "But seriously, we had zombies come ashore from a ghost ship, a giant lizard, vampires, and all kinds try to take a piece out of the patrons here. Good thing everyone came equipped with their own flavor of superpowers. Exciting and pants-filled-with-s**t terrifying at the same time." Canaan made no mention that a few of the incidents were caused by him, and his getting pounded like a b***h on a few occasions.

She mentioned all the disrepair the bar was in next, and Canaan sort of winced. He didn't really like seeing the place like this, and somehow he had convinced himself that it wasn't all that bad. But it was. Maybe one day he could come back and do something about that.

He shifted his weight to his other leg and looked back to Ashley, tilting his head and raising a brow at her...subtle gestures. "I'm on the run from someone right now; ironically they were a very prominent figure here once. Gotta find a way to take him down. Same time I'm helping a woman, a very close friend, with something personal. Nothing too exciting I'm afraid."

Talking about it made it seem not like the impossible task that it really was. "You don't look like the adventurering type, more like the bored artsy type." Canaan wondered if he was speaking his thoughts too bluntly. Eh, s**t, might as well see what happens.
Truest Valor

Whoops. "Canaan," she said, but correctly this time.

"Haha, wow, thank you, so, so much." she spread her arms wide, gesturing towards the entire beach. "But it looks like you may have run off everyone, though!" She recalled a time when zombies came by... but the rest of the events were lost to her. Truth be told, she wasn't even sure if she had been here for the zombies, or just heard about it later... "You're just lucky I wasn't here for any of that," she said, placing her hands defiantly on her hips. "I woulda made all'a ya'll look like chumps!" Ashley locked her hands behind her head, just as Canaan had earlier, and flexed. For a skinny thing, she was admittedly pretty strong.

"Ohh, mystery fightin' man, saving his damsel in distress~!" Ashley flipped her soggy hair over her shoulder. "Just like in the movies! I'm gonna need you to spill some more details than that!" now that the sun was completely set, a chill was setting in, and Ashley was still really wet, and starting to get really cold. As Canaan asked his next question, she motioned towards what looked like it could be a fire pit, overgrown with weeds.

"Canaan, my god, I know you don't know me, but I would love to tell you all about myself. All the little tid bits, my grand, bored, artsy adventures amongst... you know.. the world..." she wrapped her arms around herself in a warmth-hug. "However, I'm starting to get cold, and I really hate... being cold..." ... ironically ... "So maybe we could continue this conversation around a campfire? When I'm dry?" she motioned towards the pit, and then up towards the bar. "I bet I can find a towel in there, and then I can help you clear the pit out? Maybe I'll be able to find some drinks that don't have fish swimming in them? Although that honestly sounds like an exotic delicacy that could be nice? You know, just as a, uh, back-up plan. In case there's fish in all of them."

She smiled, and began walking up towards the bar to where she had tossed her shirt. Putting her denim shorts back on over her wet body had been a terrible idea, and she was super uncomfortable. Ideally, while she was scrounging around in the bar for the towel and drinks, Canaan would be starting to clear away the fire pit. At any rate, about ten minutes later, she returned, with a handful of bottles, two mostly-clean cups, and a few kinda-clean towels.

"Check out my sick score," she bragged, as she approached the fire pit, assuming he was there. If not, then she'd come out and look around for where he may be, if she hadn't scared him off.

Omnipresent Poster

ASHLEYASDFGH

((*check your facebook and instantly encounter tits* Glad to have you back.))
Vintrict
ASHLEYASDFGH

(( lol haha honestly that is up because I'm wondering if/when Facebook will take it down? So far so good tho. Guess I haven't attracted anyone who would wanna report them. cool ))

Cute Wife

7,275 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Party Member 100
[So like... Is there no OOC thread?]
gonk

Omnipresent Poster

ASHLEYASDFGH
Vintrict
ASHLEYASDFGH

(( lol haha honestly that is up because I'm wondering if/when Facebook will take it down? So far so good tho. Guess I haven't attracted anyone who would wanna report them. cool ))

((It's a facebook page so you cant report something you're willingly following. At least psychologically. ))

Cute Wife

7,275 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Party Member 100
User Image
User Image

♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦

• tab While Canaan was admiring the ocean, Pandora had taken it upon herself to do a little exploring in the nearby forest. Mostly to see if she could forage anything for them to eat. Not that they didn't have any food with them... But she figured some berries might be a nice treat.

tab Kneeling down by a bush with berries in them, she took one within her hand, examining it for a moment before sniffing it. Raspberries! Happy with her find, she began to pick some, putting them in the basket she had taken with her. Seconds later, she was startled by a cute little voice.
                                      tab "Hey, hey! Those are my berries! Stupid human, you are stealing from my bush!" Looking quickly to her right, she could only see a fur-ball flying at her, which made her scream and flail, the berries sailing out of the basket and scattering on the ground.
                                      tab Luckily, the creature didn't do much damage to her, just a small scratch on her cheek, before it jumped back down and quickly gathered up the fallen berries in its arms. A squirrel...
                                      tab "Ow... I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm just really hungry..." Admittedly, she was fibbing to the little guy. She pouted her best pout. Which seemed to work because the little squirrel sniffed at her curiously, before cautiously moving closer.
                                      tab "You... Know what I'm saying?" It looked up at her with its head tilted quite adorably and Pandora nodded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

tab Needless to say, Pandora seemed to end up befriending the little guy and returned back to where her and Canaan had split ways, squirrel happily propped on her shoulder. "Ooooh, I don't usually go to the water for too long because I am scared of the humans! But if you are with me then you can protect me!" Pandora chuckled, stepping out from the trees.

tab She stopped though, noticing that Canaan was apparently not alone. Where did that pink haired girl come from...?
                                      tab "Oh, no no! Humans! Who are they?" The squirrel quickly skittered to Pandora's other shoulder, it's ears held up with alert.
                                      tab "Don't worry, one of them is my friend. It will be ok." She pet the squirrels head gently before heading towards the campfire that Canaan was setting up.

♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦

User Image

Aged Gaian

While Ashley was busy looting the run-down bar, Canaan had made a short path into the woods to collect wood, branches and underbrush. He returned to fire pit with an armful, setting it all neatly to the side before he starting digging out the ash and debris.
      A dozen handfuls of ash, sand and junk later there was a neat, circular stone-set pit ready to be used!

First, Canaan laid some of the smaller sticks, leaves and brush down on the bottom of the pit to be tinder. Then set the rest of the underbrush he collected on top of that to be kindling. Afterwards he set about lining the branches and wood into tepee shape on top of it. He finished by setting stones closer to the base of the wood, so as to prevent embers from the underbrush from being blown out onto them.

Now his next task involved actually getting a fire going. Since he didn't think there were any lighters or fluid usable anywhere, he instead went with the primitive method. Canaan took two sticks, placing one end of a small stick against the base of a thicker one. He quickly rubbed his hands together so that the smaller stick would start "drilling" into the thicker one, until enough friction built up that it started smoldering. With that finished, Canaan placed the smoldering branch inside of the tepee and blew air inside until a small fire flickered to life!

Ashley returned just as he finished starting the fire, in her hands were some towels. "Hey, nice find. Come sit down."

As the sun dipped below the horizon and darkness settled over them, Canaan immediately thought about Pandora. She hadn't returned from her little adventure in the jungle, and that worried him. Just as the thought to get up and go find her crossed his mind, Pandora stumbled out of the woods. A smile lit up his face. He was glad to see her, but even happier to see that she had brought something to roast over the fire!

"Hey, Pan! Looks like you didn't come back empty-handed! Let me find some sharp sticks and we can have Barbecued Squirrel for dinner!" Sure, Canaan had brought some food with him, but he hadn't had squirrel in a while. Boy would that be a treat!

ASHLEYASDFGH

0 P a n d a - C h a n 0
Truest Valor

0 P a n d a - C h a n 0

Holy s**t, he built that fire fast. Lucky for Ashley, because if he hadn't been here, it would have taken her at least an hour just to scrape together the appropriate materials and clean the pit!

"Oh, ********' nice, my dude!" She said, laying down a towel for him to sit on, before laying one down for herself. With the last towel she had grabbed, she flipped her head over, leaning forward, and began to vigorously dry her hair. When she stood back up, what once was heavy wet hair was now a curly pink cloud around her face.

She continued to dry the rest of herself while she spoke. "So check it out," she pointed towards the pile of bottles she'd set between them with her foot. "I've got a mostly full, kind-of-sealed bottle of rum, a bot-sure-well sealed and kinda dusty bottle of tequila, and four uncorked bottles of wine!" None of them looked particularly dangerous, and alcohol didn't really go bad, did it? "Those wines would have only gotten better with age, right?"

As Ashley was tossing her wet towel to the side and picking up her sandy black tshirt, Canaan turned and called to someone. Dropping the shirt over her skinny frame, she turned to see... a Pan? with a squirrel?... standing at the edge of the forest.

"Yo! Yes! Bring it on!" She called with a cheesy, hungry smile.

Cute Wife

7,275 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Party Member 100
♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦

• tab The smile that was on Pandora's face had faded quickly when Canaan and the girl started expressing their excitement about roasting and eating squirrel.
      tab "What are they talking about?" Of course, the squirrel couldn't understand what they were saying, but Pandora just shook her head, giving the little guy another head pat.

tab She then closed the distance between her and the duo, stepping beside Canaan.
      tab "If anyone touches the squirrel, they will be cooked instead." Her voice was deadpan and serious.
      tab She placed the basket filled with berries down on the ground, before sitting. Squirrel scurried down from her shoulder, perching on the edge of the basket and looking as though it was examining each and every one of them. Then it quickly grabbed one, turning promptly and holding it up towards Pandora in it's little paws. It made her laugh as she took the raspberry from him, popping it into her mouth.
      tab "Thank you, Frit!" Yes, the squirrel apparently had a name.

tab "So, who's your new friend?" She looked at Canaan curiously.

♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦

User Image

Truest Valor

ASHLEYASDFGH

Aged Gaian

0 P a n d a - C h a n 0

ASHLEYASDFGH

Canaan eagerly waved Pandora over, his smile suggesting that he was only joking about eating the squirrel. Pandora loved all small animals, and in fact she adored nature. He would not do anything to offend her. Which is not to say that he wouldn't enjoy some squirrel kabob, if the opportunity came around.

Scooting himself onto a towel, Canaan went through all the stuff that Ashley had brought back. His first choice was the rum, since he -loved- rum, but also because it was the first alcohol he had ever had. The stuff smelled strange, like salt, and had the consistency of motor-oil. "Eh, garbage." Canaan said disappointed, tossing the bottle over his shoulder. His next choice was the tequila. Not his favorite thing to drink, but it was okay when mixed with other stuff. Since there was nothing to chase it with, and he wasn't much of a drinker, Canaan just looked at it before tossing it into Ashley's lap. "That's all you, pip-squeak."

Last, but not least was the wine. Canaan already knew this stuff would be s**t, since the only way to keep wine from turning into acid was to store it tightly sealed in a cool place. Once stuff like bacteria in the air got inside the bottle it was basically like trying to knock back a glass of cat-piss. "Yeah, this stuff is s**t. If you like vinegar though it's all yours."

When Pandora asked Canaan about Ashley, he kind of just scratched his head. He wasn't a very keen fellow out of a fight, but he could already see that he was about to become a hapless victim of circumstance. After all, here he was, just minding his own business when this girl starts taking all her damn clothes off and jumping in the ocean.

Play me off guys he thought to himself.

"Her names Ashley. She's just a question waiting to be answered, I suppose."

s**t that was good thinking.
//Good lord its still alive...//

Aged Gaian

Rune Slessiane
//Good lord its still alive...//

(( Not really. Just having some fun. ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers