• Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
((Well, it was where I started out))

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
{{ I use to wake up naked IC here ALL the time after long nights of gambling and drinking... Good times~ }}

Aged Gaian

3,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
(( Yeah, I kinda want to bring Hans back here. But now he's getting so busy at the diner. If Canaan brings it back, then I'll have to contribute somehow. ))
((I remember this place fondly and while this is obviously late to the conversation I would not mind it's return as a casual place.))
(( There's nothing stopping you guys from roleplaying here immediately. Threads don't just die and stop working, they just need to be woken up. =D ))

Dangerous Businessman

(( Wake me up inside. ))
((Keep that in the 90s where it belonged, and even then it didn't belong.))

Aged Gaian

Once in a blue moon, Canaan returned to these ebony shores to revisit his past. Standing on the beach and looking out at the ocean, just as the sun gently touched the horizon, Canaan reminisced about his time here. His meeting with Rhos, his misadventures in the jungle while looking for treasure. Fighting monsters and magical creatures of all sorts.

He had learned about himself here, and grew much with the experiences. Those days were long in the past - etched into the history of this place. Canaan imagined it as a hanging tapestry depicting the stories of those who lived, loved and fought. A cool breeze complimented his thoughts.

So he stood there, looking out... a lovely view.
Truest Valor

It wasn't often that someone ended up at the husk of a place that was the Black Sand Bar; and it was arguably even less often that Ashley ended up on the shores, as well. So the fact that Ashley was bumbling through the forest towards the familiar beach AND someone was standing out by the bar at the same time was a coincidence beyond belief.

"Oh my... god...! Ugh!" she scowled, tearing foliage out of her way, swatting at various biting bugs, and squinting through dirt that she was inadvertently smearing all over her face every time she tried to wipe it away. "******** this jungle, ******** this path, ******** these trees... the ******** is this bea--!"

As she reached the edge of the jugnle, she completely tripped over a whacky root, which led her to miss a step down through the dunes, which meant she was now stumbling at a run down the beach as she tried to regain her composure. By the end of it, she was excitedly jogging along anyway, pulling her shirt off and disposing of it near the back-end of the bar. She hopped out of her shorts, leaving them about halfway between the shoreline and the bar, sporting a basic black bikini now... or was it black underwear? Was there really a difference?

"Awww yeah!" she sprinted out in to the water until she was about mid-thigh deep, before diving in head first. She stayed under for quite some time, scrubbing her hands against her face to replace the dirt with salt. When she came up, she spun around to get a good look at the bar, her pink hair sticking to her face and shoulders.

Was... was there someone there?
      She squinted in the evening light.
      She couldn't quite make it out.

"...HELLO?"

Aged Gaian

ASHLEYASDFGH

Canaan stood there lost in the moment, not realizing that a woman was running down the beach. She passed him in a blur, snapping him out of his daze. The pink-haired lady waded into the water right in front of him, her clothing mostly tossed to the wind.

Canaan raised a brow and tilted his head to the side... "...Mmm. Didn't think anybody remembered this beach." He said to the wind.

When she turned around, Canaan was able to get a good look at her. Pink hair, confused expression, --- HELLO? --- And quite loud. He couldn't remember if she had been one of the regulars when this place was still active, but if she knew how to get here through the jungle then she must have been connected somehow.

Canaan waved, half-smiling. "HI! I'm surprised to see anyone around here. Nobodies come here in a long time."
Truest Valor

Ashley stared at him, listening.

"... WHAT??"

Did he really think she could hear him? Honestly. She began pushing her long pink hair back from her face, trudging back up to shore, significantly less graceful than when she'd dove in. She shook her hands off, squeezing water from her hair, picking up her shorts on her way up the beach.

"What?? You live around here?" she called, as she got closer. The sun had set, and now that she was.... clean?... she had no interest in being in the water. She pulled her shorts up over her wet butt, squinting up the beach to locate her shirt as she approached the man. It took her a little bit to head in the right direction-- her eyes weren't great... but she eventually was able to make out his silhouette in the setting light. Her shirt, however, was on the other side of the shack... who knows where.

She soon found herself standing before him, in her five-and-a-half-foot glory. Shoulder length pink hair, sinewy tanned body, a splattering of freckles across every inch of her, someone you'd look at and say "she's a real piece of work, alright!", but you'd mean it in the annoying way. She put her hands on her hips and looked him up and down, as if SHE was the REAL "regular" here. When, to be frank, she was hardly anything of the like.

"Huh. I'm surprised to see anyone around here." she said, oblivious to her mimicking of his own words. She squinted at him. "Nobodies come here... in a long time..." pressing her lips together, she continued to size him up, until...

"You're not here to LOOT the place, are you?!"

Aged Gaian

ASHLEYASDFGH

Huh. He scratched his head, then looked around.

"Not much around here to take. Bars fallen apart, all the alcohol is full of sand, the tents are dilapidated. Doubt anyone left anything besides their soiled clothing behind. Oh, and gull s**t. Lots of gull s**t."

Canaan still couldn't remember seeing her around here before, but he got a familiar, disarming feeling. He trusted his gut on this one and decided that there really wasn't anything to be concerned about. Why not have a friendly chat? "I used to live in Oceanside, but the place is run by a new government now. I frequented here when it was still run by Rhos, but he left a long time ago."

Canaan stuffed his hands into his pants pockets and looked over to the half-rotted bar. "I'm surprised anyone else remembered how to get here. The old jungle path from Puerto Diablo has gotten kind of overgrown."

That was enough about that however, and Canaan felt like he should start asking a few questions. "Do YOU live around here? Because I can't seem to recall your face..."
Truest Valor

Ashley gave the bar a sideways glance. Then down the beach, towards the tents.

He was right.

"God, this place is a piece of s**t now, huh." she said flatly. Her eyes met his as he mentioned where he used to live. Where had... she used to live? Rhos was a familiar name. But it had been so long ago. She had been so young. Did it still count?

Her face twisted into an unintentional scowl of offense when he asked if she lived around here. She quickly transformed it into that of surprise as best she could, but it was probably too late. "Do I live around here??" she exclaimed, a hand moving shockingly across her collar bone, as if she couldn't believe he'd ask such a thing. After a too-long pause, she visibly relaxed, hand falling back to her side. "Jeez, who knows."

It had been years. Almost ten. She didn't remember much... maybe just the feeling of uncontrollable feelings. Wanderlust. Lust in general. She hand't really lived anywhere but, for a short while, she had felt at home at this place.

"I remember Rhosalyn. I was here opening day..." the look on her face while she had run rampant through her mind to find an answer for him was probably discerning. But as she came to from trying too hard to remember, her features softened to more of a regular-person look, and less of a frantic-disillusioned-child look.

Suddenly, she hardened. "And, well... I don't seem to recall YOUR face, either!" she grinned. "But you were probably here more often than I was. I'd be shocked if anyone remembered me." she held out her hand. A gesture of peace.

"I'm Ashley."

Aged Gaian

ASHLEYASDFGH

Ashley was so animated that Canaan couldn't help but smile. Most people he interacted with spoke in flat tones without a single gesture or change in expression. The 'hard', calm, collected times were everywhere nowadays.

"Canaan."

He interlocked his fingers behind his head and stretched, his back giving a slight pop. "Pleasure to meet you. And I was. I actually lived here for awhile, too. Work related. Black Sands used to attract all kinds, ya see. Rhos liked to keep friends around that could double as muscle, when the situation called for it." Canaan tried to 'emphasis' this by flexing his biceps.

Ya know, manly behavior in the presence of a lady. Or something.

He may have been a little puffed up though.

"If I wasn't on a journey of my own, I'd consider maybe fixing this place up and settling down."

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items