Welcome to Gaia! ::

Weather Report: Cool autumn winds blow multi-colored leaves and the smell of apples and pumpkin spice down the streets of Durem.

. 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]

Trash Smoker

The red headed teen stopped playing with the rubix cube and looked to Harper with his emerald eyes, who seemed to be asleep while standing up. "Odd." That was the word Teague used to describe his new protector. The kid got to his feet, following a habit similar to the man. First he adjusted his black tie, then adjusted the sleeves of his tucked in green dress shirt so that they were rolled up above his elbows. Then the teen straightened out his black vest before he walked among the shelves, looking at the books as if seeking one to read. "History." Was all the boy said as he searched for books on historic events and people.

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
User Image
Melody Sica

The Pink Rose

Melody was a bit embarrassed of herself. It was silly huh? "Well at least this place is well lit and much less scary." She said to the pink haired girl. "I'm Melody."

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Captain Bro-Cookie
The red headed teen stopped playing with the rubix cube and looked to Harper with his emerald eyes, who seemed to be asleep while standing up. "Odd." That was the word Teague used to describe his new protector. The kid got to his feet, following a habit similar to the man. First he adjusted his black tie, then adjusted the sleeves of his tucked in green dress shirt so that they were rolled up above his elbows. Then the teen straightened out his black vest before he walked among the shelves, looking at the books as if seeking one to read. "History." Was all the boy said as he searched for books on historic events and people.

Iris had slipped back into the main part of the shop. There was a pink haired girl talking to a girl wearing a costume. Emira was watching over the place, Alan was in the middle if the shop. However she almost misses the red haired boy searching the bookshelves. Since Iris worked here she figured she should try to help him. She walked over and waved hoping the boy would notice her. "Hello." She said now recognizing him as the boy she offered chocolate chai to. "Were you looking for something in particular?" She asked with a smile. She reminded herself to NOT go into a tangent.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

*v* Yumi *v*
*v* The Shapeshifter of One-Thousand Forms *v*

And now came the interesting decision. Who to introduce herself as. Yumi or Silmara. She still hadn't figured that out, distracted as she was in her curiosity. For a brief moment, she considered it. Once again, a thoughtful expression covering her face. However, she decided to take a third option. Her form shifted in front of the girl's eyes.

"Yumi!" She exclaimed. This time, she was able to adjust to her vantage point much quicker, being more used to using the form. "Shapeshifter." She amended. The ability to shapeshift was a big part of her personal identity. Always had been. So her final decision was to introduce herself, as herself, ability and all.

User Image

Trash Smoker

The teen scanned the books, using his finger to gently sweep over the spines. He didn't notice Iris until she spoke, Teague seemed to straighten up a bit before realizing who it was. "Oh it is you, the miss with all the information. No, nothing really specific. I was just browsing for books on history." Teague said to Iris giving her a warm smile before looking back to the shelf infront of him. His finger laid upon the spine of a book titled "Wolf Soldier: The Hound of War", he found the title both strange yet interesting. "An oddly named title. I suppose it is a book about some type of dog that fought people. Although it sounds more like a tale than history, so why is it among history books?"

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Captain Bro-Cookie
The teen scanned the books, using his finger to gently sweep over the spines. He didn't notice Iris until she spoke, Teague seemed to straighten up a bit before realizing who it was. "Oh it is you, the miss with all the information. No, nothing really specific. I was just browsing for books on history." Teague said to Iris giving her a warm smile before looking back to the shelf infront of him. His finger laid upon the spine of a book titled "Wolf Soldier: The Hound of War", he found the title both strange yet interesting. "An oddly named title. I suppose it is a book about some type of dog that fought people. Although it sounds more like a tale than history, so why is it among history books?"

Iris smiled and reached for a book closer to the top of the shelf to draw it down. "Life can be so full of mystery. What may seem like just a legend or a tale could be the truth. Sometimes fiction holds the seeds of truth as well. You however should be careful of the books you read aloud from. This shop caters to the rare and odd." She said trying so so hard not to overwhelm the boy. She handed the book to the boy. "If you wish you can look through this as well." She offered. The title was missing from the cover and spine. Inside however was the history of the Moon Elf kingdom in another world. The pages were well worn from the many times Iris looked through it.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
User Image
Melody Sica

The Pink Rose

Melody was surprised by the sudden shapeshifting but she smiled. "It is nice to meet you Yumi." Melody said as she offered her hand for a handshake. At least the girl shifted into something just as friendly. Melody would faint if Yumi had shifted into some sort of monster.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
*v* Yumi *v*

Despite all of that, Yumi found herself impressed and her eyes sparkled. It was better than getting scared of a loud noise and running into a random shop that's for sure. Yumi had been surprised enough to shapeshift by accident once though, so she wasn't one to point out something like that. Stuff happens. And that stuff could be exciting.

"Great to meet you too!" Yumi exclaimed.

Trash Smoker

"Mysteries don't give answers, only riddles for you to solve." Teague said before grabbing the Wolf Solider book and tucking it under his arm. "There isn't even a name on it. What is it even?" Teague asked before he began to look over the book Iris' handed him. "It looks so ancient, how could anything in it even be relevant to today?" Teague asked, quite confused about the book.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
User Image
Melody Sica

The Pink Rose

Melody smiled a bit wider at Yumi's enthusiasm. "So what sort of shop is this? I didn't actually look at the name of the place when I ran in. Then after I came in I was glad there were no naked men or women inside. Ah! Please forget I said that!" She said now waving her hands around.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Captain Bro-Cookie
"Mysteries don't give answers, only riddles for you to solve." Teague said before grabbing the Wolf Solider book and tucking it under his arm. "There isn't even a name on it. What is it even?" Teague asked before he began to look over the book Iris' handed him. "It looks so ancient, how could anything in it even be relevant to today?" Teague asked, quite confused about the book.

"History sometimes repeats itself. This book is about the history of a kingdom of Moon Elves in a different world. You don't have to look through it however. I just thought you were interested in any of the history books." She said gently.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

^-^ Emira ^-^
The Feline Hangeyokai Beastmaster

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." Emira said, quoting a popular phrase. "It doesn't matter how old something is, there is always something relevant." She translated. The Cat Girl peeked her head over the side of the book shelf. Just so happened she was over the history section.

Emira didn't know a thing about history, or religion, or magic. She was lucky she remembered how to read and write, in multiple languages even. Mostly English and Elvish. Still, she knew that she shouldn't pass up wisdom from another source, no matter how unimportant it seemed. You never knew when something can come in handy.

Current Companions: Byakko, the White Tiger - Autumn, the Fey Panther

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
*v* Yumi *v*

"Naked...?" Yumi asked. The girl's request was lost on her. The curiosity of the last thing she said was the sole focus of the shapeshifter's attention. Instead of responding on what kind of shop this was, a thing she didn't know, she had to ask, "Why would you think people might be naked in here?"

Trash Smoker

Teague looked to the elf before looking up at the cat like woman."I suppose both of you are right. Even if it isn't about the history of this world, perhaps there are lessons to be learned in it. I will look it over a bit, but maybe only piece by piece. Last time I took in too much information I ended up with this splitting head ache and a ringing in my ears." The red headed teen stated before he tucked the Moon Elf history book with the other one beneath his arm. "Oh how rude of me, I have forgotten to introduce myself. I forget I have a name since I was only recently told it. Teague O'Connel at your service." Teague said politely before bowing to the both of them.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
User Image
Melody Sica

The Pink Rose

Melody blushes. "A few thoughts came to mind over what sort of businesses are open this late. One was a strip club." She admitted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff