Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Noob

( good night you two. Its the same time here but I'm a night owl )

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
~The Mistress of Blooming Lotus~

Mistress chuckled at Nolan, he has met so many people in his lifetime and gone on so many adventures. He was interesting and the way he talks about his friends was amusing and endearing. She could tell he missed the fun, although the Mistress kept the inn protected from most hostel spirits and demons she couldn't help but think he might need to call on him one day. Mistress was a strong jorogumo, but she couldn't handle everything on her own much to her dismay.
"Your past is quite the colorful one Nolan, I admire your adventurous soul," she said with a smile then puffed on the hookah a bit. Exhaling she saw Spike in the doorway and grinned, "Well hello there Spiegel-kun, thank you for fixing my porch dear. Very good work," she complimented and listened to both him and Nolan speak of his herbal cure for the hangover.
Reaching over and caressing Nolan's hand for a moment she commented, "Peppermint, I am sure it would help dear," she left her hand on his for a moment then lifted it away once Ryuu came into the room.
Seeing the blush in her sister's cheeks and grin on Spike's face, could they be anymore obvious? The Mistress chuckled and raised an eyebrow to Ryuu, "All finished in the garden? Have you planted any new flowers lately sweetie? The ones you put in here are so very lovely." As she waited for her sister to answer Mira came in with plenty of riceballs for everyone and the Mistress took one handed to her with a bow of the head and a wide smile.
"These are fabulous, well done dear!"

((sorry I was gone! I had school stuff to attend to and I just crashed for the most part after. Just a forewarning my life is getting rather hectic at the moment. Schoool and I may be going on vacation for like a week soon. I shouuuuld have internet for the most part but don't be surprise if my posting slows down just a tad. I want to encourage you all to continue on though and keep the spirit of blooming lotus alive. thank you <3 Love for you all ))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Omnipresent Noob

Nolan

User Image

" Oh yeah. It was just me and Merrick at first. The things we did for a buck" he chuckled. " Like this one dude who was trying to use phantoms to take over the world or something using Ethreal Mechanics. Kinda like high tech necromancy or something but Merrick is somewhere fighting all those guys to buy me enough time to wreck the damn thing. It was like disarming a bomb. He's screaming cut the blue wire and I'm screaming I don't know what blue is. Then I got mad and threw it as Mae was comming to help and I accidentally knocked her out." He laughed wondering how in the world he was still alive " turns out there were no wires. just Death Runes connected by recievers and transponders and all that other sci-fi crap. Also it had an off switch"
In effort to feel who had a hold of his hand he gave it a gentle squeeze. The mistress, who else. He smiled and heard footsteps and the hand was abruptly taken away. " you have any peppermint growing in the garden?" he asked. " or a candy cane or something I can throw into it?"

( well thats alright. School is more important so just do what you need to do to pass.
I've done graduated and I got a weird job with not much else to do so as long as theres someone in here to Rp with I'll be on. Plus this is the only rp I'm in so I'm not goin anywhere. Might have to make him get a job here or something. Where you going to vacation to

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Current Location: Inn-Sitting Room.
● Current Objective: Food.
● Status: Relaxing.
Theme

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Shifting his gaze from Ryuu, albeit perhaps reluctantly so, Spike moved his line of sight back toward the Mistress as she responded to his greeting; he did not allow it to show but Spike found the calm yet knowing look in her eyes made him slightly uncomfortable. Spike reasoned that perhaps he could have been a little more subtle in how he acted around Ryuu, but then he found it difficult enough to remain as focussed as usual in her presence as it was, let alone keeping a low profile. Although in spite of all these circulating thoughts, Spike initially shrugged casually in response to the compliment.

"No problem, I'm glad it meets your high standards."

Apparent humour in his voice, Spike finally found the opportunity to return the wink the Mistress spared him earlier before looking back to Nolan. At this Spike's expression shifted to slight irritation for a split second as he waved his hand to waft away the smoke Nolan exhaled.

"Trash talking, huh? I think I got a good idea of how bad it is without just by the smell of them last time, before you added the ketchup. Unless I'm dying on my feet with another hangover, don't think I'll be lured into going another round with that stuff without a damn good reason."

User Image
Spike's smile remained, particularly as he saw Nolan already reaching for his leather bag of herbs and the like with one of his wicked expressions; Spike could already see where this was going, but he was hungry and did not want to have another wave of sickness from that concoction to put him off food enough to miss another meal. The Mistress then chimed in with a suggestion to improve the flavour of the mixture, but Spike took more notice of the manner in which she touched Nolan's hand; out of respect however, Spike opted not to comment on it, at least not for the immediate moment. It seemed short-lived in any case as the Mistress quickly withdrew her hand when Ryuu's attention was drawn and hastily went on to question her sister about the garden instead. Spike shook his head as Nolan gave a maniacal cackle before continuing on about his past exploits; visibly amused Spike responded shortly afterward.

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun with them; so do you still see those guys or did they find someone else to help out with their 'bomb disposals'?"

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC: With all that going on it is impressive you have the chance to post at all Mistress, so nice one! Nolan is right, studies are a lot more important since the investment of your time at this stage will be well worth it afterwards, you are going to need that break to rest up I think.

I'm with Nolan on that though, I'll be here to post as well, you can count on that. wink

EDIT: Damn, sorry guys I am going to call it a night early today, I'm tired as Hell; see you tomorrow!

Omnipresent Noob

Nolan

User Image

Nolan put his leather bag back and pulled out a cigarette, as if he wasn't inhaling enough smoke as it was. The odd looking zippo produced a bluish green flame and he took a draw. " ah your just a sissy" he joked " and hell the bomb squad had a far safer job than ours. We saved the world from a cult of phantoms from the underworld....or Merrick did...I think I was on lookout duty that day so I just probably slept..." Nolan just grinned, having fun sitting around and talking to everyone. He really wished he could play cards or something, but as far as he knew he couldn't even play a board game.

(( sorry about not posting yesterday. I got portal 2 last afternoon and the next time I looked at my watch it was pretty late and everyone had gone to bed so I just kept playing....)

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Current Location: Sitting Room.
● Current Objective: Food.
● Status: Relaxing.
Theme

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User ImageLeaning across the table and making a grab for some of the tea Mirajane left out earlier, Spike shrugged as he poured himself a cup before leaning back to sit down, making a point to leave the pot within Nolan's reach.

"Nah; self-harm just isn't my thing, that's all."

Smirking slightly and enjoying the usual banter that came into play whenever he spoke with Nolan, Spike took a sip of his tea as he observed Nolan put the hookah aside momentarily to light a cigarette. The unusual flame of the lighter caught his eye for an instant; inwardly Spike was certain he had seen something similar before but he couldn't quite put his finger on where.

"So, you saved the world while sleeping on the job; not many people can say they pulled that one off."

His eyes now on Nolan's cigarette, Spike's mind urged his hand to reach for his own; lifting his hand from the table, Spike paused, refraining from giving in just yet on recollection the Mistress was unfond of him doing so indoors. At this, Spike lowered his hand back onto the table and returned his focus to his drink.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC: No worries, Portal is a damn good reason to be distracted. Lol.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Listening to Nolan and Spike's back and forth conversation, the Mistress was in a slight haze. She leaned her head against her hand feeling relaxed and when Nolan asked if there was peppermint in the garden her head perked up, "There's some in the kitchen. I'll grab some for you in a moment, the smoke is making me rather relaxed and sluggish," she giggled for a moment then leaned her head back in her hand. Pouring some tea for herself quickly, her eyes slightly droopy, she brought the cup to her lips to blow then took a sip. Glancing outside for a moment through the open door of the sitting room it was already dark out and Mistress noticed Yuuko wasn't around yet. She must have been very tired.
Taking one of the hoses she puffed a bit of smoke and exhaled smoothly toward the open door. She was merely gazing off into the night and looking a tad out there at the moment.

((Portal is the bomb. Word.))

Interesting Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
THE FEELING....
A soft breeze blows past the Mistress, who gazes into the night. The air pushes itself into the Blooming Lotus Inn, rather than stopping that usual. Right away, the Mistress senses a difference in the garden's atmosphere. The flowers and trees sway gently, yet stop even as the wind circles the open. The koi fish are now dead still as they too can sense the disturbance in the air. Even at night, Ryuu's garden seemed to be full of life, full of color. They were beautiful neon colors, and looked as if lights had been placed within the trees and what not. Now though, it had darkened. The beautiful colors still stood, but normal colors were what was left. They were no longer the beautiful vibrant bright colors that made Ryuu's garden something one would never forget!

Even a human can tell of the disturbing wind, the disturbing....feeling. Everyone in the Inn is thinking at this point in time, What could this be?

Ryuu was one who had a special ability. A bond with nature itself. She didn't need to tend to the garden as she is seen, yet she wishes not to be an outcast to most, and in doing so acts on how a human would with their own garden. The garden though has became completely different though. Why...? Why would this be happening..? "

The answer is simple: Ryuu is gone....

OCC: Sorry guys, I will be gone for a while longer,
but thought I should leave with a little something to keep the place vibrant during my absence.
Sorry once more, I will be moving the stuff to my new house by Wednesday,
so I will be extremely busy during the next 5 - 10 days.
Thank you for understanding!

Bashful Partier

5,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Signature Look 250
Sorry I can't post for the next 3 days. I'm going on vacation to Flordia. Again I'm sorry but I'll post a juicy post when I get back!

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Current Objective: Answers.
● Status: Unsettled.
Theme

Uttering a long relaxed sigh after draining the last of his tea, Spike spared a smirk at the Mistress' drowsy reactions as he lowered his cup to rest on the table and gave a small smile, returning his gaze to the seat opposite to look upon Ryuu, only to find her absent from her seat.

"Ryuu...?"
User Image
Eyebrows raised in surprise, a look of confusion crept upon Spike face as he glanced from both left to right and scanned the room with his eyes, a strange feeling of unease grasping at the back of his mind. It was odd for Ryuu to wander off without excusing herself, moreso that she did so without notice. Although unusual, that was all it seemed to be on the surface of matters, yet something seemed very out of place and strangely abnormal.

Shifting from his slouched position and leaning forward slightly, Spike looked across the room again, his gaze settling on the open door as a breeze swept through the room. This one however was neither cool nor pleasant as was normal at the inn, and only seemed to add to the odd atmosphere seeping through the building as Spike's brow furrowed in concern. He may not have been in possession of supernatural abilities like others at the inn, but even Spike could sense a portion of the space had changed, then Ryuu had disappeared without warning; the two events occurring at the same time surely could not have been any coincidence. Looking aside from the door and toward the Mistress, Spike could only offer her a questioning look in the hope she could somehow decrease the strangeness of this event with a greater knowledge than his own.

OOC: Thanks for keeping us posted Ryuu; I hope it all doesn't prove too stressful for you and it all goes smoothly. Moving house is a very big change but an adventure in itself, just take care of yourself; see you around. wink

No worries Mirajane, you have yourself a good time!

Omnipresent Noob

Nolan

User Image

" I know I had a hell of a time sleeping through it too. They were kinda noisy...with all the world destruction and stuff." he took a pull from the hookah once again as he shoved his lighter back in his robe pocket. " you sure you wont hit this stuff man. If they think your relaxed now just wait. " he grinned. In his view the only bad thing about it that could happen was a shortage of tater chips.
" No no hon" Nolan said to the mistress. " take your time, I don't actually plan on making another one of those unless someone needs one.." he paused for a moment and then shook his head. " head rush....I love that feeling. Wish I had a button for it"
The mistress hadn't spoke much. He was hoping to at least get her to start joking around with them too. Not even so much as a sarcastic crack. " Is my stuff too strong for you?" he asked sweetly with just a hint of sarcasm. " Spike I think we might have to light a fire underneath her just to get her up." Not that he wished for her to leave or anything,

( it is awesome.......)

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Current Objective: Answers.
Theme

Seeing Nolan at least appeared unphased by what he was certain was a change in atmosphere, Spike returned his attention to the necromancer and lowered his gaze to the table for a moment; perhaps he was being paranoid, it could have been as simple as Ryuu recalling a task she needed to complete quickly and slipping away to do so. Acting so paranoid was not going to do anyone any favours, least of all himself; at this thought Spike looked back to Nolan and resumed their conversation, allowing a smile to appear on his face once more.
User Image
”I’ll bet; it’s funny how destruction and noise tend to go hand in hand a lot of the time like that.”

Smirking slightly at this, Spike spared another glance at the Mistress whom still seemed quite motionless, her eyes fixed on the open door as Nolan took to persuading him further to make use of the hookah. Also sensing the Mistress was unusually quiet, Nolan went on in an attempt to provoke the Mistress into responding in a more animated manner; Spike reasoned this idea was sound and opted to play along.

”If by relaxed you mean spaced out so much your consciousness has managed inter-dimensional travel, maybe not for now; I think the Mistress has broken enough distance records with that one for all of us. But you know, fire is pretty damn effective if you want a response...”

Spike nodded in a mock thoughtful manner as he placed his hand on his chin and looked back toward the Mistress.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

As the Mistress gazed off, there was an odd wind and a sense of foreboding hung in the air. There was a lack of color and lack of atmosphere. There was a hollow feeling within her soul as she gazed out into the garden. It was... terrifying. "Ryuu is gone..." she said in a hushed voice as a single tear streamed her cheek and fell on the table.
The Mistress then snapped out of it and smiled, "Am I correct in assuming you two plan on lighting my bottom on fire because I am relaxing?" She chuckled and sipped on her tea for a moment, "guess it is strange for me to be seen doing so, but not as strange as what I will do to you two once that fire is lit." She raised an eyebrow looking to spike as she went along with the joke. She seemed to be fine now, not as distant

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Current Objective: Undecided.
Theme

User Image
Falling silent to observe the Mistress, Spike noticed her reaction and her hushed tone, but it was not in response to anything Nolan or himself had said. Quiet as it was, the sound of her voice just about reached him, if only perhaps because Spike was listening for it, even though he did not want his initial concerns confirmed. The false smile Spike had adopted after his initial realisation something was amiss began to falter as he noticed a single tear fall from the Mistress' cheek; Spike felt his mood drop like a stone as the reality of the situation began to sink in. In spite of this he opted to keep it to himself and tried not to let it show, particularly when the Mistress turned with a smile and amusedly commented on his and Nolan's discussion on drawing her attention.

"...Wow, is it that dirty?"

Responding to the Mistress' polite warning, Spike opted to conceal his own increasing worry with humour also; it was hardly subtle but his mind felt distracted as he inwardly attempted to puzzle out how and more importantly why Ryuu would disappear as she had.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

The Mistress chuckled at Spike's question and looked to him with a small smile over her cup, "Depends on your definition of dirty, unless you find it pleasurable to be hanging from the ceiling by your ankles while I tickle you." There was a gleam in her eye then, "Mercilessly." A low chuckled filled the room and she grabbed one of the hoses to take a puff. She hadn't taken her eyes away from Spike though, Mistress saw the concern written all ov er his face and rightfully so. She was not lying when she had said Ryuu was gone but why was still a mystery to her.
There was a moment her eyes almost spoke to him as if saying something was wrong. Very very wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff