Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
New Day at Blooming Lotus
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Breakfast
Enjoy!

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Company: SelfxxxxxLocation: Garden then Kitchen xxxxxKimono: PeonyxxxxxLucky

Ryuu had woken before dawn to water her garden in the fresh morning air. The dew on the ground was a sign of springtime and the flowers were all in full bloom. "How wonderful," Ryuu smiled to herself as she stopped and inhaled the floral scent of a radiant hibiscus flower. It's petals were a light orange with a crimson red center and she adored the little prongs with pollen at the tips. Bird chirped in the distance just rising from their nests while the bees needed a bit more time to wake from their hives.
Finishing up, Ryuu wrapped up the hose from the side of the house and wiped her hands off on her gardening apron. As she entered the Inn, Ryuu headed to the kitchen where she began to put together some breakfast she had been craving. The apron was hung up next to a cooking apron which she dawned while putting out all the ingredients to her dish. She would cook for herself first and then make sure as everyone woke up then would have a fresh breakfast awaiting them.
The coffee maker was on full blast as Ryuu mixed eggs with chopsticks and the large pan on the stove was heating up to quickly form a thin layer she would wrap a crispy wonton in. She had made herself a cup of Akamaru's herbal mixture to start her day and sipped on it out of a little glass, the matching tea pot just within her reach to pour a bit more.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

User Image
Demitri Murad

With: Ryuu
Speaking to: Ryuu
ooc: New day~ :3

"I thought I heard someone in here," Demitri commented, poking his head into the kitchen. He'd been up for a while, taking in the familiar inn and just embracing the warm feeling of home he had missed. "Are you sure you don't want to get some more rest? I can take over in here." Had the guests been up and about, Demitri wouldn't have brought his concerns up so openly. But for the moment, it was just him and his close friend. Said close friend who hasn't been feeling well.

User Image

Demitri hopped up to sit on the counter near the stove, careful of the heat. There, now he didn't have to look up at his childhood friend. She'd gotten taller. So not fair "That smells amazing by the way. How many compliments do I have to give you in exchange for a plate, because I have years worth saved up for just such an occasion."

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Company: DemitrixxxxxLocation: Kitchen xxxxxKimono: PeonyxxxxxLucky

When Demetri's voice piped up in the doorway, Ryuu turned to him with a startled giggle, "Oh goodness, Demitri! You scared me heehee." Ryuu was just about done with her own plate and had already started on his as he come in to keep her company. "Oh I'm fine, my friend, I know now why I was so ill and even after all this time I still don't quite know how to wrap my head around it," she explained in a very vague way that she waved her hand in front of her face to quit, "When I visited Akamaru-san last night, she told me I was... well... I'm pregnant. Coffee?"
The last of her sentence was pushed out because she still couldn't really wrap her mind around that she was growing a life inside of her. Going to the coffee pot she held it up with a smile awaiting her friend's response. There was happiness in her smile, but also complete terror and she was sure Demitri was going to spot it right away.

Hooray! Sorry it took me so long, school was really scrambling my brain but it's summer now and I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee
Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

User Image
Demitri Murad

ooc:

"Sorry, Ryuu! I didn't mean to scare you." Honestly Demitri was expecting to find a guest scrounging for breakfast or maybe some of the other staff getting things ready for the day. "Akamaru-san is the best," he agreed. Demitri had never been to see the healer personally, but the woman was who the Mistress and Ryuu relied on for a reason. So Ryuu knew what the cause was? Great! Now all they had to do was- Urk! What!?

User Image

Jaw very nearly meeting his chest, Demitri held his bug-eyed stare with Ryuu. "Ryuu!" he squealed, jumping off of his perch and rushed over to embrace the woman. "You can't just drop that and try to pretend it's nothing! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! You're- And- That explains-!" The young man stopped short of actually lifting Ryuu to spin her around, mindful of the still heated burners and hot pot of coffee at her elbow.

That grin was all joy but... there was something frightened lurking behind her eyes. "Ryuu.... is this celebration time? Or is this freak out time? Because I know where the shovel is kept but I also happen to know there is a stash of chocolate hidden on the second floor. The good, Belgian stuff hidden for emergencies."

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

As soon as Demitri got that looking in his eyes, Ryuu put down the coffee pot and readied herself for an embrace. He was so excited and she wrapped her arms around her friend and let herself feel the pride that she had been trying to keep tame for the time being. She was still trying to process all of this emotion.
When she was asked if this was a time for celebration, Ryuu returned to the stove to finish flipping breakfast onto a plate and turning around, "Oh it is celebration time now, Demitri! I will admit I have no idea how we are going to pull this off, but with my sister here and you helping us keep everything running, I'm almost positive this is going to be a perfect environment for my baby. The only thing is," she set the plate on the counter, "I'm pretty sure I'm giving birth to a demi-god soooo if anything weird starts happening we are just going to have to roll with it."
Wiping her hands on her apron, Ryuu laughed, "It's time for the Spring Festival anyway! We can plan a spectacular event that will bring those from near and far to see my garden and bless my child. This is the happiest day of my life with more to come." Her words so incredibly genuine, Ryuu was glowing in a most radiant way that the sun seemed to gleam in her chocolate eyes.
She then lowered her voice to a whisper, "Why are you hiding the Belgian stuff, Demitri..? You know that's my favorite," she pouted ever so gracefully.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

User Image
Demitri Murad

ooc:

"You goose! Of course i'm here to help. I'll be here as long as you need me," he said, voice soft but determined. Demitri was glad to hear it was a time for celebration and not a sad occasion. "Sheesh Ryuu, a demi-god? You don't do things by half, do you? Don't worry. We'll tackle things as they come."

A festival? That was an exciting thought. The festivals held every year were wonderful, and this was excellent timing.

User Image

"It is because it's your favorite that I hide it, Ryuu," the young man huffed, rolling his eyes. "If it wasn't a secret stash, it would never last long enough to fulfill its intended use." Now he would have to change his hiding spot. No doubt Ryuu would scour the second floor for his hidden pocket of chocolate. "Which in this case is celebrating."

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

A tear rolled down Ryuu's cheek as she smiled at her childhood friend, "Thank you, Demitri. I can't believe you've come back to Blooming Lotus after all this time. I know that without you, I'd probably be a total mess." Wiping the tear from her cheek, Ryuu sniffed a couple of times assuming it was from happiness. Tears of joy as it were, but little did she know in her subconsciousness she was grieving.
The jorogumo laughed as Demitri relished in being able to hid you favorite sweets from her. He was absolutely right, she would definitely be eating the whole stash if she were able to. Chocolate was a weakness of Ryuu's, but now that she was with child her senses would be heightened, Demitri had better hid his next stash very carefully.
Turning off the stove until other guests awoke or arrived, Ryuu set both plates from them to enjoy breakfast together. "Itadakimasu!" she said and dug into her breakfast surprise. It had so many flavors and the text of her egg was perfect in relation to the crunchiness of the wonton.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

User Image
Demitri Murad

ooc:

"You know i'll always be here when you really need me." Sure he had been gone for a period, but Ryuu hadn't needed him. Not really. She was growing and discovering herself and what she was capable of on her own. She had her sister and everyone else at the Lotus, but the second she asked, Demitri would have turned around and been back.

User Image

Demitri excitedly plopped into his own chair, grin wide at the plate Ryuu so kindly slid in front of him. Score! Between the two of them, what Ryuu made always tasted better.

"Thank you," he said before echoing her phrase, ready to dig in. Hopefully he could finish and clean up before Ryuu discovered his hiding place. There was no way he'd leave her with the dishes after she went to the trouble of cooking.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Sweet Demitri, always a kind soul and wonderful friend. Growing up with him as a shy spider child, he could always find ways to make her smile or get them into trouble. He was always exciting to be around, animated and adorable. Ryuu looked fondly on her friend for a few moments while he ate, grateful for his existence.
Ryuu then began eating her own meal and was pleased with herself. Every now and again brought some of the herbal tea to her lips and sighed with satisfaction. "How marvelous not to be eating alone this morning. Why are you up so early Demitri? I'd been in the garden since dawn." The sun peeked in through the kitchen window and made the room shine brighter as the morning carried on. Ryuu's comforted smile lingered as bits of food and conversation filled the air. She wasn't going to sound a gong to signal morning as her sister used to, of that she made perfectly clear to her older sibling. Guests would be able to rise when they wanted. Of course that didn't stop the young jorogumo's internal clock from waking her up at dawn.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

User Image
Demitri Murad

ooc:

The quiet between them was not a heavy silence but one born of contentment. The guests were all, if not still sleeping, in their rooms.

"Oh just a bit of cleaning," he explained. There was always so much to do around the old inn. Floors needed to be swept, surfaces dusted, clothing cleaned and returned. Food prepared and dishes cleared away. "Plus, I was enjoying the peace of the morning. Not much has changed." Not since he departed. Oh sure new decorations were added here and there, repairs made due to wear and tear. But walking the halls, it was almost like being transported back to the days of endless games of hide and seek.

User Image

"I should have known you'd be out greeting the sun with the plants," Demitri hummed knowingly. "Some days I wondered if you were more plant than arachnid, soaking up the rays like a well fed cat."

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

The peace of the morning, Demitri was so right about that. The jorogumo smiled, half way through her breakfast, and nodded, "That was very sweet of you to do some early morning chores around the inn. I am grateful for all your help Demitri." Ryuu got the last of the tea Akamaru prescribed for her and went to get both herself and Demitri glasses of water. She had offered coffee earlier and they had orange juice, but she preferred to stay hydrated. Setting the clear liquid in front of her friend and taking her seat once more, Ryuu blushed at the thought of being a beautiful flower in bloom. "The is where I find the most peace. My garden is my life's work, the more beautifully it blooms that happier I am," little did she know that it was because of her happiness that it bloomed so beautifully. Her life line to Lotus was the Zen Garden and it would not be surprising if it bloomed twice as much during the spring.
"Please help me to get the Spring Festival ready! Perhaps if we make a plan of action, we can just check things off the list. We have many decorations in the storage closet and some of my sister's traditional instruments. Entertainment is a must! But.... what kind of entertainment? Something everyone can be a part of... hmmmm?" she was lost in thought and took a few bites of her breakfast then drank some water.

blaugh
Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

User Image
Demitri Murad

ooc:

"Of course I will help." Was that even a real question? Demitri tapped at the table as he thought his way through his breakfast. "That is a wonderful idea. Hm... we could see if any of the musicians or other entertainers from town want to perform? The guests staying at the Lotus itself often have many talents. Oh! We could hold a talent contest? Open it to anyone who wants to sign up." He thanked her for the water, pausing to sip at the cool beverage.

User Image

A list would certainly be necessary if they wanted to keep things organized. "How long do we have to put things together?" The spring festival wasn't a surprise, so it shouldn't take too long to bring vendors from the town in on the planning.

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

4 Years Later

"Yuuki, darling! Dinner is ready!" The musical voice called from the Inn as the scent of grilled meats and various spices filled the air. Faint sounds of children's voices could be heard laughting and rushing through the grass.
"I'm going to beat you there!"
"No way! You're not fast enough! Heehee!"
Two children in the distance were racing each other to the Inn's entrance from the Garden. One was a tall blond, slender in shape and had the most beautiful eyes. The other was much shorter, younger, and dark of hair with a sunkissed tan. The older blond was running at a slower pace purposefully so that the younger child would feel accomplished being able to keep up. She zigzaged about with the younger child in tow and Ryuu watched all of this from the back porch of the Inn with a pleasant smile on her sweet lips.
The young jorogumo's heart squeezed in her chest at the sight. Her little baby was laughing and playing to their heart's content and Jonathan's daughter was the perfect playmate for them. Ryuu counted her lucky stars to have a friend like him to help nurture the growth of their children. Akamaru was their family physician and Jonathan facilitates Yuuki's educational developement and Ryuu provide a happy home in which they could all live.
Mistress suddenly appeared behind the children and scoped up little Yuuki in her arms and made rasberries on their cheeks. Yuuki screamed in delight as thei great aunt put them on her shoulders and carried them them toward the Inn the rest of the day. Mistress' help gave Yuuki the boost they needed to beat Skylar to the finish line. The blond girl double over out of breath mainly from laughing so hard.
Ryuu smiled and giggled to herself, "Alright you three, enough playtime. It's time to eat and simmer down before bed. Shoes off for the rest of the night," she composed yourself with grace and poise as she stood firm yet gentle with her commands.
"Hai, Haha," Yuuki said as they were passed from Mistress and into Ryuu's arms who welcomed them with a kiss and took the sandals from their feet.. Entering the Inn with her child in her arms, Ryuu had the Sitting Room set up with a dinner spread for teriyaki meats, rice, and vegetable stir fry. While Mistress was known for her sushi rolls, Ryuu and Demetri often cooked very hot meals to warm the belly for dinner. There was a certain level of comfort food available when the duo got into the kitchen. "Go wash your hands while I fix your plate ok?" With a nod from her beloved child, she was kissed on the cheek and left with Jonathan already seated and Skylar joining him in his lap. Mistress came to the table as well and sat with a bottle of sake next to her tea cup.
"Skylar, you too sweet love," Jonathan told her and kissed her forehead.
"Ok, Daddy, I'll be right back," Skylar bowed to Ryuu before she trailed off after Yuuki.
Ryuu took a seat and clasped hands with both Jonathan and Mistress, all bowing their heads in thanks for the food and blessing it to empower all who ate with them this evening.
Upon the childrens' return Ryuu was fixing both their plates and Jonathan was entertaining them with energy magic as Mistress sat back and sipped on her warm sake. "She has done so well," Mistress said quietly to herself watching Ryuu with a fond smile.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas