Newbie Noob

1,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Ayato Hishikawa

Mood:misplacedoooooLocation:VillageoooooExploring

Outside of the clothing shop Ayato entered, a few moments go by. People walk past minding their own. When suddenly there is a loud noise coming from inside. People passing by at that time turn their heads in brief concern to see what the trouble is. Only to have their concerns answered by an almost naked Ayato shoved out of the shop in confusion. The shop owner yelling things at Ayato to the effect of "How could you, in front of my wife and kids!" and some other odd things of public decency Ayato wasn't completely aware of. Clearly shown by the fact he was in the street only in underwear and didn't at all seem fazed by it.

In his confusion Ayato tilted his head at the shop owner like a puppy trying to figure out the mysteries of the universe that surround a ball making a squeaky noise. "I am sorry I didn't realize, I thought this was a place where I could get new clothes, how else am I supposed to know what fits?" Ayato said trying to make amends of the situation.

The shop owner simply wasn't having any of it, and just turned his back on him and closed the door. The images flashed of the shop owner's wife looking mortified in the background, holding her hand over the eyes of their giggling child, before the door shut.

Ayato stood in the street only a second before putting his clothes back on. Taking his time to make sure nothing was backwards or inside out. Paying no mind to the stares and giggles that came his way.

"Well etiquette is not as relaxed as I assumed it would be." He thought to himself, before settling himself and taking a look around. "Maybe I should ask around... or just try again, at a different place. Or just go back to the healer place."

Ayato sighed and looked up at the sky. Watching the colors of the setting sun flow by as he thought on what to do next.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

xDeaMagickax

caine69

User Image

Getoth lifted a smiling kitten, adorable claws lovingly carved. It reminded him of Ember. He'd grown quite a bit since the day he found the little ball of adventurous fluff making a mess in his kitchen. A commotion happened down the next street. A door slammed, bell jingling angrily. He set the small figurine down as a familiar elven man passed by.

"Mister Ayato?" he called out, stepping away from the booth to fall in step with the man. "Did you find what you were looking for?"

With: Ayato
Speaking to: Ayato
ooc:

Veovious

xDeaMagickax

Newbie Noob

1,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Ayato Hishikawa

Mood:misplacedoooooLocation:VillageoooooExploring with: Getoth

Looking up from his confusion he hears a familiar voice. "Oh, hi Getoth! No I don't think I did. I thought I did but it turns out you are not allowed to take your clothes off in clothing stores. Which makes no sense to me! What is with people these days!?" Ayato looked away with a little bit of an annoyed expression, reflecting on the very recent events. But looked back with a smile "Sorry I darted off there for a moment, had a strange urge that told me to walk that way. You ever get those urges?" Ayato asked with a squinting smile.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

User Image

He took his...? Oh dear. Well. That would explain the angry shouting he heard earlier. "Most clothing shops have a designated changing area," he explained, hoping to prevent future incidents. "For privacy. You may be comfortable changing in front of others, Mister Ayato, but other customers may not be." It was a small clash of cultural differences, by the sound of it. They were guests up at the inn and within the city itself. Best not to cause trouble for Ryuu and the other staff.

"As a matter of fact, yes. I do on occasion. I sometimes have difficulty staying in one place for too long."

ooc:

Veovious

xDeaMagickax

Newbie Noob

1,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Ayato Hishikawa

"Designated changing areas. That does make sense, though slightly inefficient!" Ayato shook the thought from his mind and turned his attention to Getoth. Smiling slightly he asks "So you have always been moving around? What places have you been to Getoth?" Ayato asked as his legs meandered in one direction, walking along side Getoth.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

User Image

"Oh now that is a conversation that may take quite some time," he said as the pair walked forward, path somewhat aimless. Getoth was mostly heading for 'away from source of loud voices' to avoid continued conflict. Finding another clothing shop would be ideal. "Anywhere in particular you would like to hear about? Forests and mountain ranges. Through deserts to large cities and small hamlets," he listed off. "Anywhere new, anywhere different. I enjoy finding remnants of old civilizations reduced to sparse ruins, places of cultural significance. It is amazing how much an area can change over a short time. I once found a wonderful shop filled with an interesting collection of books and artifacts by the name of King Solomon's Mind." Come to think of it, someone had recently mentioned the store was reopening. "Stumbled upon it by accident." For all of the pain, suffering and chaos that such a shop attracted, Getoth would not trade a moment of it. It lead him to one of the most important people now in his life.

"If you do come across ruins with artifacts intact, I do highly encourage caution and not touching the shiny objects," he added with a wry smile. At least not touching without careful consideration or an understanding of what you were dealing with.

ooc:

Veovious

xDeaMagickax

Newbie Noob

1,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Ayato Hishikawa

Mood:misplacedoooooLocation:VillageoooooExploring

"I am interested to hear about some large cities you have been to. Which one was your favorite? How large was it exactly?" Ayato asked lost in the wonder of new places, unsure of where he was walking exactly, trying to pay attention to the clothes that everyone else was wearing.

"I typically keep my hands to myself, but if I do come accross any artifacts I will be sure to not touch! Heh, thanks for the warning Getoth." He gave a slight smile and nod as they walked on by. Noticing another clothing store.

"Oh, there is a place we can get clothes." Ayato pointed off to the side. "Ok, here is the plan. I will pretend I can't speak the language, you just gesture around and tell me what to do and help pick out stuff for me! Or is that too much to ask?" He seemed a little deflated realizing how ridiculous it would be. But the prospect of a small adventure intrigued him nonetheless.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

xDeaMagickax

User Image

"Hm... Well I do recall Tjesa fondly. It was a city sprawled out across a brutal desert. The people there was quite generous and determined. The trip there was not one I will forget any time soon. I must say I returned with a much better appreciation for the dangers of the desert. As for size, I believe it was just shy of four hundred thousand, if I recall correctly. What about you, Mister Ayato? Any places you have been to that left an impression?"

Yes it was for the best he keep his hands to himself. Many old curses didn't care if you couldn't read the warning, not to mention plenty of restless spirits not taking kindly to someone touching what they were spending their afterlives watching over. Best to leave the ancient, once gleaming artifacts alone.

They pair chatted as they walked and somehow, whether by luck or Ayato's careful attention to their surroundings, they found themselves at another clothing store. Getoth's amusement spread into an indulgent smile. Why not? If by playing this game he could help keep the chaos to a minimum, Getoth didn't mind in the least. "Alright, Mister Ayato," he agreed, "But before we step inside, are there any clothing choices you want to stay away from? Or anything in particular you have a fondness for? To help me narrow down your options. Oh and do you speak any other languages? If we know one in common, that will make this much easier. If not, I am sure I can make it work." If they could speak a similar enough language, Getoth could act more as a translator. If not, well, he could wing it and make it work anyway. Play the 'I can understand the language but can't speak it well' card and bluff his way through.

ooc: Sorry for the wait. I got sick and have been recovering. But i'm good now.

Veovious

xDeaMagickax

Newbie Noob

1,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Ayato Hishikawa

"I don't really visit too many cities, especially ones that are quite as large as Tjesa! Most of the places I end up in are a lot more rural if populated at all. I like to wander about most of the time." Ayato had to pause to think for a minute to remember some places in particular. "I remember visiting a desert once as well, it was very harsh! But there were very old temples there that were carved into stone that I had to see. I spent a while among those places, sleeping in the abandoned temples, appreciating the hard work of those ancient individuals, it was very inspiring. No artifacts to touch though luckily!" He said with a smile.

As the pair approached a shop, Getoth asked questions to give Ayato's half brain scheme some life. A common language would be good, Ayato considered for a second which ones he knew that others most likely would as well. "Well I did spend some considerable time in my early years with some very vicious people who's language I still enjoy. Do you know Old Norse? Is that too much of a stretch?" Ayato second guessed himself for a minute. The language of his childhood might be too far back to have pulled from. "Erm, how about Hindi? I know a bit of that, only basic stuff." There that should be a more recent one that may be abstract for the area.

OCC: Hey never apologize for the wait, I am slacking too when it comes to posting so I totally understand. Thank you for sticking it out with me!

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

xDeaMagickax

User Image

Now that sounded like a delightful place to visit! The desert was indeed harsh to those unprepared, but many terrains could pose unexpected dangers. Getoth nodded along, picturing in his mind's eye the golden sand and resolute structures still holding fast to their integrity so long after their construction.

"You speak Old Norse?" he questioned, interest peaking. "Unfortunately it is not a language I have any handle on, though I would enjoy learning it at some point in the future. Hindi, however.... I am a bit rusty. My Hebrew is more stable, but I believe I can pull off something in Hindi." Perhaps the pair would have to sit and compare languages at some point.

Yes, this was doable. Even if their conversation was broken and rudimentary, it should serve its purpose for their little game. At least if there are any more 'incidents', Getoth can play it off using the language barrier and hopefully gloss it over with some well intended apologies to the clerks.

"After you, Mister Ayato." Yes, Getoth would do the talking. They only needed to be inside long enough to find Ayato something suitable to wear.

ooc: :3 Of course! I'm not planning on vanishing any time soon.

Veovious

xDeaMagickax

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Company: AkamaruxxxxxLocation: Noodle House xxxxxKimono: Aqua FloralexxxxxGlory Box

"Thank you, Akamaru-san," Ryuu was smiling with a blush in her cheeks. The color in her face had returned with earnest grace and she was poised in a bow as the doctor nodded with her knowing smile.
"You are most welcome, if you need anything at all just call for me, but I shall see you tomorrow when I bring the supplies up to the Inn. We will take good care of your child and remember that self care is of the upmost importance."
"I shall. Thank you once again! Oyasuminasai," Upon her exit, Ryuu carried a small basket in her arms that contained a few of Akamaru's anti-nausea tea, vitamins specific to her body chemistry, and healing lotion. The night breeze caressed her face calming any nerves she had and soothed her soul as she walked toward the market center. There were people walking about her enjoying all the market had to offer, but most people were indulging the food and not the crafts. Ryuu thought it may have been because of the time, food was important in the culture of Banzai Village. While earlier she had some grilled eel, the jorogumo's stomach was not satisfied and she had a hunger gnawing at her insides. While the air cooled her skin, she was burning inside with a feverish hunger she had never felt before.
Her expression was serene, withholding the hunger she felt from becoming outward, Ryuu moved through the small crowd. She stopped in front of an incense vendor and took a few moments to smell the luxurious scents from far away lands. She picked several sticks that included vanilla sandalwood, dragon's blood, and patchouli. She also picked out a large smudging stick that was wrapped with sage, rose petals, and lavender sprigs. The jorogumo thanks the vendor and gave him a bit of coin for his products before heading back into the crowd.
When she came upon a noodle house, the milk chocolate eyed woman blinked with a smile in the corner of her supple lips. Upon entering, there was a busy vibe as young women in kimonos moved about serving different patrons. On dressed in a green kimono with roses printed on it greeted Ryuu with a smile and bowed offering a table. The young woman led her to a corner table after a few minutes wait and Ryuu soon had tea and dumplings to sooth her appetite for the moment.
As the young jorogumo sat within the bustling restaurant, she peered about her surroundings and took in the social life recognizing a few villagers here and there. The village had grown and was in the early stages of urbanization and so the people brought with them a certain liveliness that Ryuu admired. Two young children ran past her table and her chocolate eyes followed as a woman she assumed to be their mother told them to settle down. Ryuu looked on and smiled as one of the children embraced her while the other took a seat at the table ready to dig into his meal again. A sigh graced Ryuu's lips as her cheeks glowed with a rosy tint. Her hand came to rest on her belly which was barely even a small bump, but she knew it would grow...she know they would grow.
After placing her order for a main course, Ryuu got up to the ladies room and along the way she bumped into a young man and turned to apologized. He was an attractive human and as she felted something stir within her, his eyes suddenly went from angry to glazed over. "Hey, I uh, didn't get your name," he said stepping closer to her. Her eyes going wide, Ryuu took a step back and quelled the emotions rising by closing her eyes and giving her head a shake. When she opened them again his eyes were back to normal and he shrugged and turned away from her.
Hurrying to the ladies room, Ryuu looked at herself in the mirror and noticed something about her had changed. She looked familiar, but different... powerful in a way. Giving herself a moments pause before returning to her table, the young jorogumo was still absolutely famished even with the appetizer.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Announcement

Finals will be ending May 15th and after that I will be posting much more frequently to keep the thread alive. I am grateful that both of you have stayed. I know we went through a bit of a rough patch there and lost a lot of people, some of them were dear friends of mine that I wish no ill will upon, but we must press on. There is a profile skeleton up on the front page. My thread is going to require character approval now to keep everything in order. I will have a "Black Book" thread for my eyes only that I will be making notes on for character development and all that jazz. Please read the new front page intro and fill out the profile skeletons so that I have each of your characters in my book. Let me know if you have any questions or see something amiss. I have revamped the front page to be a bit more constructive to roleplayers that potentially wish to join.
Thank you soooo much for your patience!
Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Veovious

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100