Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
Scriptkitten
Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Someone shoot me.[/quote]
Chill the ******** out and make the best of your situa
u0lpewxh:2="Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Chill the ******** out and make the best of your situation.
Not really sure what good could possibly come of this. Right now I'm just trying to busy myself with stupid chores I've been putting off, but I'm running out of crap to clean ._.

Clean someone elses stuff (new job) or figure out a new area to live and how to get there

I'd also like to remind you of my offer to come to San Francisco and crash at my place until I move in with my boyfriend. It's perfect for web devs like us, and you can get your own computer to work on instead of code crunching on a touch or nexus or whatever it is you're using now. Plus you can go to a coding camp like Dev Bootcamp or Hack Reactor if you're not confident in your skills.

You need to make your decision soonish though because I'm considering getting a temporary roommate.

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

u0lpewxh:3="Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Not really sure what good could possibly come of this. Right now I'm just trying to busy myself with stupid chores I've been putting off, but I'm running out of crap to clean ._.

Clean someone elses stuff (new job) or figure out a new area to live and how to get there

I'd also like to remind you of my offer to come to San Francisco and crash at my place until I move in with my boyfriend. It's perfect for web devs like us, and you can get your own computer to work on instead of code crunching on a touch or nexus or whatever it is you're using now. Plus you can go to a coding camp like Dev Bootcamp or Hack Reactor if you're not confident in your skills.

You need to make your decision soonish though because I'm considering getting a temporary roommate.

I don't have any way to get there, and I'm afraid I don't agree at all with the "you don't need a car" thing. Being free to go anywhere I want whenever is not the same as having to bum rides or be confined to whatever schedule the public transport runs on (and you know my feelings on that anyway).

I'm thinking if I *do* end up losing my job, I've got a decent amount saved up, and I can use the free time to seriously get my license already. But for now I need to practice being a b***h. Being nice to people is why I'm about to get fired in the first place gonk

In other news, anyone else having issues with Time Warner? Our *everything* is out, and from what I'm reading it's out in several places around the country... and the unlimited T-Mobile plan is looking more and more tempting...
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten

u0lpewxh:4="Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

I don't have any way to get there, and I'm afraid I don't agree at all with the "you don't need a car" thing. Being free to go anywhere I want whenever is not the same as having to bum rides or be confined to whatever schedule the public transport runs on (and you know my feelings on that anyway).

I'm thinking if I *do* end up losing my job, I've got a decent amount saved up, and I can use the free time to seriously get my license already. But for now I need to practice being a b***h. Being nice to people is why I'm about to get fired in the first place gonk

In other news, anyone else having issues with Time Warner? Our *everything* is out, and from what I'm reading it's out in several places around the country... and the unlimited T-Mobile plan is looking more and more tempting...

You live in 'Merica get a gun. Then nut up and figureout how to move (buses and planes are good)

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
In SF, you really don't need a car. I mean you REALLY don't need a car. In some parts of town the busses run as often as like, every 10 minutes!

In the residential areas though, it's more like every 30 minutes. Still, SF MUNI is pretty darn good.
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten

You live in 'Merica get a gun. Then nut up and figureout how to move (buses and planes are good)

you're pissing up a rope my friend, we've tried to go down this road before, and it did not end well.
Pipebracket
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten

you're pissing up a rope my friend, we've tried to go down this road before, and it did not end well.

Well I needed to water the garden anyways
WWLink
In SF, you really don't need a car. I mean you REALLY don't need a car. In some parts of town the busses run as often as like, every 10 minutes!

In the residential areas though, it's more like every 30 minutes. Still, SF MUNI is pretty darn good.

A decent space in a parking garage is $700 a month here, and the gas at the Shell station next to my place is $4.59 a gallon. Just to illustrate the point. And from my place, everything you could ever need is within a 15 minute walk. Everything you can ever want is within a 40 minute walk or 15-20 minute ride on public transit. I'm not going to lie. I love driving and miss my car. I used to be scared of public transit because it reminded me of my abusive ex. But there's no way I'm paying that much. Besides, with the time it takes to find a parking space here and the fact you'll find yourself walking a few blocks anyway, a car is pointless. There's quite often times walking is several minutes faster according to Google Maps.

And for longer distances, the BART, Caltrain, and services like Lyft save the day. I went on a tour of Cisco with my boyfriend last week and we just hopped on the Caltrain and then got a Lyft over from the station. Easy peazy, and a million times cheaper than a car.

In other news, I hate Time Warner. They claimed I never cancelled my service and tried to charge me $300. If you like good internet, move in with me. I have 200mbps. No joke. Webpass. Check it.
MyNameIsKir
WWLink

A decent space in a parking garage is $700 a month here, and the gas at the Shell station next to my place is $4.59 a gallon. Just to illustrate the point. And from my place, everything you could ever need is within a 15 minute walk. Everything you can ever want is within a 40 minute walk or 15-20 minute ride on public transit. I'm not going to lie. I love driving and miss my car. I used to be scared of public transit because it reminded me of my abusive ex. But there's no way I'm paying that much. Besides, with the time it takes to find a parking space here and the fact you'll find yourself walking a few blocks anyway, a car is pointless. There's quite often times walking is several minutes faster according to Google Maps.

And for longer distances, the BART, Caltrain, and services like Lyft save the day. I went on a tour of Cisco with my boyfriend last week and we just hopped on the Caltrain and then got a Lyft over from the station. Easy peazy, and a million times cheaper than a car.

In other news, I hate Time Warner. They claimed I never cancelled my service and tried to charge me $300. If you like good internet, move in with me. I have 200mbps. No joke. Webpass. Check it.
You Americans and your low gas prices ...
Monday i paid ~1.54 Euro per liter, that's about 7.81 USD per gallon - and that was the cheapest gas station around.

Related: apparently that's too much for Wolframalpha: "convert 1,54 euro per liter to usd per gallon"
Or that: "(convert 1,54 euro to usd) * (convert gallon to liter)"
The20
MyNameIsKir
WWLink

You Americans and your low gas prices ...
Monday i paid ~1.54 Euro per liter, that's about 7.81 USD per gallon - and that was the cheapest gas station around.

Related: apparently that's too much for Wolframalpha: "convert 1,54 euro per liter to usd per gallon"
Or that: "(convert 1,54 euro to usd) * (convert gallon to liter)"

you actually have to calculate in averages monthly earnings and expenses, last I saw one of for gas the US price averaged a bit closer to most European prices.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Does anyone else feel like Gaia (or at least C&T, since is this the only part I see) is dying?

It seems like the number of threads has been dropping recently, at least the number of threads I've even felt like clicking on has fallen off a cliff in the past months.

I'm starting to think about doing like Rydian and just dropping it permanently.

Everyday Cat

The whole site is dying, yeah.
I don't think it'll survive more than a few years if they're lucky.
Scriptkitten
The whole site is dying, yeah.
I don't think it'll survive more than a few years if they're lucky.

ETA until "Give us money to save Gaia Online" campaigns : 3... 2...

Aged Lunatic

Scriptkitten

Been with T-Mobile for like 6 years now, haven't had a single reason to change yet. Though admittedly I switched off my unlimited data to a cheaper monthly-limit price, since I freelance from home I barely ever used more than 100MB a month so the unlimited cost got a bit silly after all these years...

Sitwon
Does anyone else feel like Gaia (or at least C&T, since is this the only part I see) is dying?

It seems like the number of threads has been dropping recently, at least the number of threads I've even felt like clicking on has fallen off a cliff in the past months.

Still in the top 10k sites (though bouncing around pretty dramatically the past year alone), top 3000 for US sites.

If myspace can still keep itself around, unfortunately Gaia probably can too, lol.
Sitwon

Nooo, i still need to find you in 2023 to ask you where the revolution with mobile OS went.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff