Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyday Cat

Figured out how to get Ad block on my phone...
But the ad-blocking literally only worked for a minute.

Edit: forgot to charge the phone so it shut down, and now that it's been restarted, I appear to be ad-free thus far biggrin

Edit again: nope, back to the drawing board.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
http://blog.kaspersky.com/5-myths-of-antivirus/

Interesting little article to link to people who go "Macs cant get viruzes luzers lolol!"

Number 5 disturbs me quite a bit though. eek

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Hehe. Intego and Kaspersky have been crying that the sky is falling for Mac users for at least a decade now. I can assure you from anecdotal experience (my brothers) that it is still way easier to ******** up a windows 8 machine with junkware. I'm not saying OS X is any more secure, but there's still not that much junkware out there for mac users.
Lanackse-Kanvae

Interesting little article to link to people who go "Macs cant get viruzes luzers lolol!"

Just wait for it, in a couple years peacemakers and other devices will have w-lan to send updates to your doctor and then s**t will really hit the fan.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
Lanackse-Kanvae

Just wait for it, in a couple years peacemakers and other devices will have w-lan to send updates to your doctor and then s**t will really hit the fan.

After that ghost hacking sweatdrop

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Nah, they'll unveil at DEFCON how you can hack the new pacemaker with a rubber band and 2 toothpicks. Just like McGyver.
Lanackse-Kanvae

I call BS. Weird Al said that they can infect people.
Lanackse-Kanvae

well the article uses the term malware, and some of that "just" gives you ads and since there is money in that some must be clicking on those and buying the stuff, that used to require human interaction.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Joda01
Lanackse-Kanvae

well the article uses the term malware, and some of that "just" gives you ads and since there is money in that some must be clicking on those and buying the stuff, that used to require human interaction.

I personally think that "malware" is a good catch-all term for any software that has undesirable effects on your machine. Users generally don't give a s**t about the difference between a trojan and scare-ware so the catch-all term is useful especially when some may start crossing definitions of more than one of the things in the future.

Everyday Cat

******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Someone shoot me.
[******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Someone shoot me.
Chill the ******** out and make the best of your situation.

Everyday Cat

Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Someone shoot me.[/quote]
Chill the ******** out and make the best of your situa
bo8ybci0:0="Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Not really sure what good could possibly come of this. Right now I'm just trying to busy myself with stupid chores I've been putting off, but I'm running out of crap to clean ._.
What.
Some people describe this as "Hell just froze over.". Now this may be pushing it, but this certainly came unexpected.
[******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Someone shoot me.
Time to move on to the next chapter of your life! Better than the last. smile
Scriptkitten
Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Chill the ******** out and make the best of your situa
bo8ybci0:1="Dreadpirate Chris ******** hell... My adblock adventure was a failure, I have a strong feeling I'll be unemployed very soon, and suddenly certain people aren't happy with me anymore.

Not really sure what good could possibly come of this. Right now I'm just trying to busy myself with stupid chores I've been putting off, but I'm running out of crap to clean ._.

Clean someone elses stuff (new job) or figure out a new area to live and how to get there

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff