Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
The20
Sitwon
Does anyone else feel like Gaia (or at least C&T, since is this the only part I see) is dying?

It seems like the number of threads has been dropping recently, at least the number of threads I've even felt like clicking on has fallen off a cliff in the past months.

I'm starting to think about doing like Rydian and just dropping it permanently.
Nooo, i still need to find you in 2023 to ask you where the revolution with mobile OS went.
Isn't it obvious?

Look at modern desktop computing environments. They are adopting and converging closer and closer to mobile phone operating systems.
Sitwon
The20
Sitwon
Does anyone else feel like Gaia (or at least C&T, since is this the only part I see) is dying?

It seems like the number of threads has been dropping recently, at least the number of threads I've even felt like clicking on has fallen off a cliff in the past months.

Nooo, i still need to find you in 2023 to ask you where the revolution with mobile OS went.
Isn't it obvious?

Look at modern desktop computing environments. They are adopting and converging closer and closer to mobile phone operating systems.
It's obvious that Microsoft is paddling back right now. But i want to wait a little longer how this plays out. Too many a fads have come and gone without affecting anything long term.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
The20
Sitwon
The20
Sitwon

Isn't it obvious?

It's obvious that Microsoft is paddling back right now. But i want to wait a little longer how this plays out. Too many a fads have come and gone without affecting anything long term.
Sure they're back-peddling a bit, because they tried to move too fast, but their desktop sales numbers have been dropping off exponentially. Their current growth is in sales of tablets like the Surface, so they could care less about what desktop users say they want. Surface still has the Metro UI front and center.
Sitwon

It has been quite a while since I was here regularly. I went from checking it several times a day to once a day to a couple times a week to these days I check about once a month. (At least in tech talk)
I find about as much stuff after a month as I used to in a day or two. This has been slowly dieing for ages.

I really don't want to see this place vanish because it is still the first (and only) online community that I participated in all that often.
So my codeschool "hall pass" free trial ended, and since it was such a good reference and learning resource I decided I wanted to subscribe. Found out I couldn't subscribe. It says I have no subscription, but I'm not allowed on the pages that let me give them money. Then, clicking around I find out that I have full access to all content despite not having a subscription.

Whoops. Well, I guess they don't want my money.

Aged Lunatic

Hey where's ray at, the large easter eggs he gave me like 7 years ago are actually worth something now, I'll be damned.

Edit: Yay 210 million gold now. Though I feel like I'm probably still effectively broke as a hobo compared to others on here at the moment.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Synapt
Hey where's ray at, the large easter eggs he gave me like 7 years ago are actually worth something now, I'll be damned.

Edit: Yay 210 million gold now. Though I feel like I'm probably still effectively broke as a hobo compared to others on here at the moment.
I have 791,306 gold. Pretty much from just posting in the forums and never buying anything.

Everyday Cat

I'm at... 3,022,854,869 gold. And I *still* can't afford art. sad

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Sitwon
Synapt

I have 791,306 gold. Pretty much from just posting in the forums and never buying anything.

I'm like a typical Dragon....... got a hoard of items I'm now trying to sell off. down to about 640 items from over 800. eek That's just stuff that can be equipped. I haven't touched my donation letters yet and some of them are from 2007 eek

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Lanackse-Kanvae
Sitwon
Synapt

I'm like a typical Dragon....... got a hoard of items I'm now trying to sell off. down to about 640 items from over 800. eek That's just stuff that can be equipped. I haven't touched my donation letters yet and some of them are from 2007 eek
Oh, that's a good point. I have a bunch of unopened boxes and stuff.

Enchanted Wooden Trunk (9)
Blue Magical Gift Box (6)
Thank You Letter for May 2005
Brown Magical Gift Box (10)
Click to get gold! (11)
Catch the fat cat! (2)
Pink Magical Gift Box (2)
Enchanted Golden Trunk
I've been shoving gold I've earned from selling those annoying charms into random items. Last month I got bored and calculated how much my account is worth based off the low buy it now price of my more expensive items. It was 56,911,566,206. Post charms (now), it looks like I've gained 5,754,877,885.

Aged Lunatic

Yeah that's kinda what I just realized, tektek valued me low but I just noticed last night I have crap he no longer carries in his index because it hasn't been sold in a store in a long time, such as Hot wheels which are going for 400-500 million for some obscene reason, so apparently my worth is kinda a lot more.

Lets see if I can actually find someone to buy those hot wheels for 400 million, lol.

Edit: okay maybe lets try 200 million, someone already has them up for 300.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
I think I'm in the 100 billions

Everyday Cat

I completely forgot about the account worth checker. It's putting me at ~90.5bil. That's... A lot less than I thought. But I notice that it doesn't include game/special items, and I have a ton of those charm things I'm hoarding in case there's something I want for them later.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
So I have an applescript set up on my macbook to not only lock my macbook when my Nexus goes out of range, it will automagically type it in for me when the phone gets in range. :3

I feel so accomplished.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces