How well do you know your character?

Very, very well thanks 0.57372505543237 57.4% [ 1035 ]
Um... average I suppose 0.16962305986696 17.0% [ 306 ]
I know their name and appearance! 0.037139689578714 3.7% [ 67 ]
Character?! Stories have characters?! 0.027716186252772 2.8% [ 50 ]
My character says: Give me gold. 0.19179600886918 19.2% [ 346 ]
Total Votes:[ 1804 ]

Name: Black Arrow
Appearance: Medium height, thin. Short, light blond hair with black bangs (dyed). Black sleeveless shirt, belt, skirt, boots, gloves, and domino mask. Carries a black bow and a quiver of arrows.

Black Arrow frowned, wondering if maybe she should leave and come back at a later time. Preferably when there were different people in the room. That orange-haired girl obviously thought that she'd offended her, but being a normal human among supers...well, let's just say being on the "unwanted" team had given her a front-row seat to some pretty weird powers. But dying...and coming back to life, apparently? And so many times...she was pretty sure even Zombi had his limits. And what did the fact that it was an even number have to do with...never mind. The other girl, though, now that at least was something she could deal with. Though she'd never had the opportunity (or inclination) to do so without violence being involved in some way.

Setting aside her internal rant for the moment, she forced a smile and tried to focus on the question. "Well, I can't say I don't like fighting. Even though I don't have superpowers, it still--it kinda gives me a rush, ya know? But it's part of my job, so I don't always get to choose who I fight. Some of them are just plain nuts. As for fighting to the death..." She frowned as she finished her granola bar and crumpled the wrapper, sticking it back in her pocket. "Er...don't go around telling people this, but that's actually what got me on the GGA's bad side, sort of. They have this whole 'no-kill' policy, 'cause they're the Good Guys Alliance, and good guys don't kill people. But I figure if they're just going to break out of prison and kill more people or if they're gonna get the death sentence anyway, then what's the point in holding back?"

Having lost her distraction, she started fidgeting again. She made a mental note to bring a handheld game or something next time she went anywhere. "So, do you have a social life? And uh, how's that working out?" she asked lamely.
Name: Anita

Appearance: Looks thirteen, but is much, much older. Has long, fiery hair--literally--and orange an blue eyes. No, it doesn't look too bad. She's tall and thin, but muscular. She is a trained fighter, who dies regularly with little effect on her well being, so exudes an air of confidence, as well as one of being able to hold her own. People fighting her rarely last long, and people facing her otherwise get a bit nervous.

Anita smiled. She liked this crowd...and people she knew rarely asked this many questions about her, not that they had the chance.
"Well...I don't have a HUGE social life, but I'm married quite happily to six people, have a boyfriend--gosh I love him, soon as this honeymoon's over I'm allowed to propose...or accept a proposal...anyway, and I am constantly either surrounded by friends or family, AKA husbands as my parents and brother are dead, my entire race was hunted down and killed, and I have no children--don't want any, either." She stopped to think. Maybe this was going a bit too far...most people didn't like the 'multiple husbands' thing, that would get rid of friends quickly, but she had already said it so what the heck.
"But my friends are constantly in danger of dying, as are my husbands, so yeah, it's a bit stressful...but I like it. Constantly getting more friends, more enemies, more adventures...I LOVE my social life. Even the one with the bad guys." She smiled...that would give them something to puzzle over, which she enjoyed--mainly because it was really, really fun to explain everything afterwards...
"Anyway, what do you hate most about me? And don't worry, you can be honest, I probably won't kill you and even if I do you won't stay dead and you won't feel the pain for more than a millisecond. I have to kill quickly, ya know?"
She smiled, but thought maybe the people were getting freaked out...
From a superhero comic parody-ish thingy.
Just thought I should repeat that, so there's no...awkwardness.

Appearance: Medium height, thin. Short, light blond hair with black bangs (dyed). Black sleeveless shirt, belt, skirt, boots, gloves, and domino mask. Carries a black bow and a quiver of arrows.

"Well, first of all, your powers are weird." Her face was completely neutral without a hint of a smile. "I mean, seriously. I know a guy who can get stabbed straight through the heart and an hour later just get up and walk off like nothing happened. But apparently you can bring other people back to life? That's just--" She broke off, shaking her head. "Zombi can't do that, and even if he could, he wouldn't. It's just too dangerous." 'Not that Zombi has any concept of danger, but whatever,' she thought.

I'd go on, but it'd be impossible to say everything that I think is wrong with that character without having BA spontaneously develop mind-reading abilities. Those Mary-Sue tests I mentioned earlier? You might wanna take one of those.

Black Arrow sighed. She considered going out for a quick jog to calm down, but she didn't know how she'd get back if she did. The physics just beyond the door down the hall were screwy, and she wasn't sure how she'd arrived in the first place. She turned back to the people in the room, trying to think of a good question. Finally she said, "What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen in your life?"

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
{~ Mary Sue test? How many characters have you seen that have six husbands and a boyfriend?! ~}

Romantic Explorer

Name: Rath
Appearance: He's slightly tall, with pale skin, gray eyes (although he wears contacts to cover this and to make it seem like he has blue eyes), and short, slightly messy black hair. Under his left eye the number 26 can be seen tattooed. He's currently wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.

"The weirdest thing I've ever seen?" Rath restated, a thoughtful look on his face. "Well, it might sound a little strange, but the weirdest thing I've ever seen was the outside world when I first emerged into it." He paused then, trying to think of a question. "What would you do if you were told that you were never meant to exist?"
Ahahaaa...sarcasm doesn't translate well through the Internet.

This is going a little deeper into her past than I'd meant to go, but oh well.

"I sort of already have been," she said. "I lived with my grandparents since I was two, and it wasn't exactly the nicest setup. You'd think it'd be all freshly-baked cookies and boring fishing stories every day, but after raising my mother, aunt, and uncle and putting up with their cousin's constant bitching on a daily basis (Every family has that one person who, when they call, people just want to pretend they aren't home. Amirite?) they were just tired of sugar-coating everything. I guess. Or maybe they were just bad parents to begin with, I dunno. They outright told me when I was five years old that I'd been an accident." She tch'd angrily. "I mean, way to make me feel wanted, right?"

She closed her eyes and waved a hand dismissively, as if to dissipate any concern people might have. "It's fine. It was a long time ago and I've cut ties with them anyway. Even if they were the greatest family ever, I'd still have to to keep my identity secret." She thought for a moment. "If you ever had to cut ties with your family--drop all contact with no explanation--would you do it or take the risk?"
Name: Taivas
Appearance: She has sky blue eyes and long silver wavy hair that goes down to her stomach. She has pointed ears since she's pretty much the sky itself and is practically immortal. She is deathly pale and has slightly rosy cheeks. She wears a white lacy dress and a leather coat with a lining of fox fur.

"I've have already," Taivas said, with a little frown on her face. "It's not so bad I guess; I was just curious about something I felt once- something new. It was when I was around the Prince...What was it? Was it love? If so, he might love me too." She quickly changed the subject. 'Anyway-" She brought out an orange-colored sphere from a coat pocket. She had been dying to ask this question. "-What's this fruit called? It's wonderful."

Witty Hunter

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
Name: Zane Durant
Appearance: Bright blue-grey eyes, black wavy hair with tips dyed green (right half past chin, left half crew cut), multiple piercings, dark clothes with random splashes of color

Pulling off his headphones, Zane raised an eyebrow at the girl who'd addressed him. "Um...that's an orange. Because it's, you know...orange? Makes it kind of easy." He giggled, then paused as he fell into deep thought. "You know, I've always wondered why there aren't other fruits named after their color. I guess 'cause there are different fruits with the same color, like lemons and bananas. Boy, it'd suck to get those mixed up!"

Giggling at this own joke, he shifted his headphones so that they hung around his neck. "So, where're you from, anyway? Somewhere nice?"

Shirtless Conventioneer

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Name: Terrah Linkle
tall skinny pale girl with short sporty brown hair and green eyes. She has an athletic build and preppy style.

Plainly Terrah walked into the interviewing room. She looked at her questioner and with a skeptical look shrugged before thinking about his question.

"I'm from Conneticut, a medial town called Swamsis(; although that name is still a WIP) I wouldn't exactly call it nice. I mean it used to be a quaint place, a little grandma'ish but ever since that plauge struck it's not exactly a tourist attraction if you know what i mean." with that Terrah coughed several times as if she were hacking up a lung.

Taking a sip of her water she licked her lips and asked. "What do you think the meaning of life is?"

Black Arrow felt like simply turning and banging her head repeatedly against the wall, regardless of the headache it would inevitably cause. Instead, she mustered all of her comic book knowledge and put it into her best impression of the infamous Bat-glare. She was proud to say that it managed at least a quarter of the intensity of the original.

"Do you know how many times I've been asked that?" she snapped. "I deal with ******** terrorists, people! Not many of them are sane! And about 90% of them have some sort of twisted philosophy about why they do the s**t that they do and insist on sharing it with me! I've heard everything from 'Your people have sinned against God,' to 'Everyone must shave their cats and change their names to Fred!' I am so not getting into a debate over this. For all I care, life can be absolutely pointless!"

Finally, she seemed to calm down. She pressed her thumb and index finger to the bridge of her nose. "Sorry, just--my job is stressful." At least she wasn't fidgeting anymore, she supposed. She'd spent all her excess energy yelling. "Look, I really just don't want to talk about it, all right? Let's change the subject. Uh...do you have any pets?"
Appearance: She has sky blue eyes and long silver wavy hair that goes down to her stomach. She has pointed ears since she's pretty much the sky itself and is practically immortal. She is deathly pale and has slightly rosy cheeks. She wears a white lacy dress and a leather coat with a lining of fox fur.

Taivas was a bit put off by Black Arrow's yelling, but she composed herself quickly. "Well, I've never had a pet. But do you count the horses who raised you as pets?"

Romantic Explorer

Appearance: He's slightly tall, with pale skin, gray eyes (although he wears contacts to cover this and to make it seem like he has blue eyes), and short, slightly messy black hair. Under his left eye the number 26 can be seen tattooed. He's currently wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.

"No, I don't think I would consider them to be a pet then." Rath answered after a brief moment of thinking about the question. "After all, if you really were raised by horses, then they would be more like parents instead of pets. Me, I've never had a pet, but I do like animals, especially cats. Do you have a favorite animal?"

"Favorite animal? Horse," she replied. Then Taivas thought about pets, beginning to understand. "So pets are creatures you keep...But they don't take care of you? Then what's the purpose of having one?"

Romantic Explorer

"Well from I understand, the purpose of having a pet is for company." Rath explained. "Like for instance, if someone lives alone they get a pet to help ward away loneliness. I've also heard that people get pets not because they are lonely but because they just love the animal. They love the animal so much that they become part of the family." He paused, suddenly a little unsure. "Does that make any sense?"

Lunatic

Name: Dante Suraci
Appearance: A very manly man, standing 6'4" tall and muscular. Green eyes and dark brown, medium long hair. Loves to wear suits, preferably dark gray or black. Always makes sure to look his very best.

"Sorry, kid, I wasn't listening," Dante grumbled and lit his cig. "I'm sure it wasn't that important anyway," he smirked and patted Rath on the head. "I need to head out and find me a toy for tonight. Care to join me?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff