Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Businesswoman

Distorted_Rage
[
Just stop...stop for the love of god.1 I so ******** tired of you. You're unbearably stupid. Hmmmm that block button is looking good today.......

Then just do it dumbass. emotion_eyebrow
You keep whining about how sooooo mean I am and how much you hate me but you never do anything about it.

Quote:
Look the link didn't work ( what the hell man!) so I can't make any true judgement on this but even if it's not blatantly violent, with your logic that only certain groups can be oppressed or discriminated against it will allow violence on heterosexuals to form. You don't see much of it now but many people have your destructive mindset which will eventually cause issues.

Straight people have never and never will be oppressed. Ever. They aren't murdered by gay people.
Not are they raped or constantly beat up.
I don't know why you're still so desperate to victimize yourself and ignore actual real world problems.

Understanding the reality of power dynamics and systems of oppression is key to progress. Im sorry that the fact that straight people are primarily to blame for homophobia apparently upsets you but ignoring that fact doesn’t fix the problem. Trying to victimize the oppressors instead of helping the oppressed dosen't fix it either.
I thought someone even as dumb as you would realize that by now, but I guess I gave you too much credit.
Christ I swear you're like a walking advertisement for the benefits of birth control.

Quote:
Nothing you say should be counted as a fact and less you can prove it reasonably or if it's something as basic as 2+2=4

You're an attention whore

Shut the ******** up.

Go away and take your basic mindset with you.

No, I just care about actual problems and actual people being brutalized and hurt.
Not some fairy tail bullshit that has no basis in reality.
There's a reason why nothing comes up if you google "straight-hate crime" It's because it dosen't exist.
At this point you might as well argue that unicorns exist, you're just blabbering on about fantasy at this point.
You're just a stupid child who throws tantrums whenever someone proves you wrong. And lol I love how mad you're getting over the fact that you aren't actually oppressed and discriminated against. I mean what, do you actually want to be or something, lol
Oh and you're still a bigot too.
Just thought I remind ya. heart
Ryo Tarn

I think I made my point.

Ha ha.
And as I've mentioned group is different from action.

misgeneration is different from being black or being mixed race.

Sodomy is different from being gay or being bi.

Child molestation is different from being a *****.

Act is different from group, it's not a difficult concept.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
Wraith of Azrael
Ryo Tarn

I think I made my point.

Ha ha.
And as I've mentioned group is different from action.

misgeneration is different from being black or being mixed race.

Sodomy is different from being gay or being bi.

Child molestation is different from being a *****.

Act is different from group, it's not a difficult concept.
Well again the ***** thing is a false equivalency (could have sworn I'd just explained that). As per the Act v Group thing; homosexuality isn't an act. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation (not an act) so to disapprove of homosexuality is disapproving of the group (homosexuals) not the act (which would likely be gay sex, or same-sex marriage, etc.)
So while an act may be different from a group; homosexuality refers to the group.
Ryo Tarn
Well again the ***** thing is a false equivalency (could have sworn I'd just explained that). As per the Act v Group thing; homosexuality isn't an act. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation (not an act) so to disapprove of homosexuality is disapproving of the group (homosexuals) not the act (which would likely be gay sex, or same-sex marriage, etc.)
So while an act may be different from a group; homosexuality refers to the group.

Not really.

It's a case of Act vs group much like many of the other cases I brought up.

A ***** has a sexual attraction to prepubescent children.-Not illegal-
Child molestation/rape IS VERY MUCH SO ILLEGAL.

One can be a part of the former (*****) without committing the act of the latter.
One can be black without committing the act of misgeneration.
---

ANYWAYS

I suppose the OP would probably have to clarify his thoughts then.
Whether it is homosexual acts which he disproves of (that is mostly the stance of a number of churches now) or whether it is homosexuals in general.

If someone disproves of homosexuals in general, then yes that would most certainly be considered bigotry.
If someone disproves of gay acts however then it would not.

Condemning gays simply for being gay is bigotry.
Condemning gays for the act of sodomy is more in line with what I've mentioned.

Floppy Member

Wraith of Azrael
Ahh ******** it I'll jump in.

And I'll counter. emotion_awesome

Quote:
I fail to really see how disproving of action X makes you a bigot.

Starting off with an obvious fallacy? Weak. Demonstrate how human sexual orientation is an action, please.

Quote:
You see, if I disprove of people smoking in general (weed, crack, tobacco, whatever) does that automatically mean I hate these people?

What school taught you that smoking is an evolutionary trait in the species Homo sapiens sapiens?

Quote:
No, I just disprove of the action itself. I don't hate people who smoke weed,crack, tobacco,etc.

Which is utterly irrelevant because smoking is something that one does, not something which one is.

Quote:
Now, being a bigot would be going around saying that these people are little more than degenerates who need to be hung by the neck for the good of society . That would be a bigot.

That would be mudslinging. See also: Obnoxious a*****e.

Quote:
You see, if I disprove of misgeneration does that automatically mean I hate those people?

What the ******** is "misgeneration"? Post a definition, including a link to the source. emotion_facepalm

Quote:
No, I would just disprove of the action itself.

I might too, if there actually was such a thing.

Quote:
I wouldn't hate people of mixed raced nor those who practice misgeneration, i'd just disprove of their action.

The word is "miscegenation", you clown.

Wow. You don't even know what you mean, and yes, if you think that your perception of race (we're all the same species) makes other people's choices to marry and have children any of your business, congratulations. You're a bigot. emotion_dealwithit

Quote:
Now being a bigot would involve me hating people who did that and want them to be locked away or killed, that would be bigotry.

That's also bigotry, but you'd still be a bigot for the above.

Quote:
not liking certain actions does not equal being a bigot.

Not liking what people do in their private lives, which is none of your concern, because of who they are makes you a bigot.

Quote:
There's a difference between not liking a certain action and not liking a certain group of people.

Yep, and mistaking what someone does for who they are is a hallmark of a bigot.

Quote:
Have we REALLY gotten to the point that disagreeing with what people do is now akin to bigotry?

Can we ever get past a single page of this thread without a false equivalency?

Quote:
Yall need to encounter actual bigots not this type of s**t.

I've encountered plenty. That's why I am so damn charming while in defending those who have to encounter them too.

Floppy Member

My Dog Mr. Kitty
A Mythic Angel
My Dog Mr. Kitty
A Mythic Angel
Distorted_Rage

If I were to edit that post a bit it would describe you better than it does to me currently.
Oh really? And what rights have homosexuals taken away from heteros? What rights are you unable to enjoy that a homosexual person has?

The right to call things fabulous
obviously joking
My straight best friend uses fabulous to describe things all the time.

I should say that straight men can't call things fabulous. It's become widely considered feminine and gay

Oh please, now you think that the use of certain words ought to be limited to a particular group of people? If life is this scary for you, how do you ever leave the house? What if someone says the wrong WORD? THE HORROR! lol

Floppy Member

Wraith of Azrael
Ryo Tarn

Not really.

One can be a part of the former (*****) without committing the act of the latter.
---

ANYWAYS

Whether it is homosexual acts which he disproves of (that is mostly the stance of a number of churches now) or whether it is homosexuals in general.

If someone disproves of homosexuals in general, then yes that would most certainly be considered bigotry.

Dude? Just because the idea of someone else's sex life squicks you out does not make it any more your business. You're a bigot if you think it is, point of fact.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
Wraith of Azrael
Ryo Tarn

Not really.

---

ANYWAYS

No; it's not. Homosexuality is not an act; and the op doesn't say Sodomy which isn't restricted to homosexuals anyways. So trying to play it off as being against sodomy and not homosexuality is disingenuous (as the title and op are about homosexuals and homosexuality) and an implicit acknowledgement that my point was right. (homosexuality is akin to being black; not engaging in interracial sex).

For the record though; yeah, thinking that the races shouldn't mix is still racist and highly ignorant.
Ryo Tarn

For the record though; yeah, thinking that the races shouldn't mix is still racist and highly ignorant.

Nah son, here's the definition of racism via the Oxford dictionary.

Quote:
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races: theories of racism
More example sentences
1.1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior: a programme to combat racism

Technically speaking, not liking misgeneration does not on its own make someone racist as not liking misgeneration does not mean you hate people who are mixed or people who mix just the action.

We've been over this XD.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You know, when people who are against homosexuality say they don't hate homosexuals I normally just let it slide. I'd like to believe that they do in fact hold no ill will to those who can't help who they are. Yet there's a question I believe needs to be answered: What do you gain from hindering gay rights? It's one thing to keep your disapproval as merely an opinion. But to actively try to disenfranchise people because you can't stand the idea of two penises/vaginas touching AND claim it's not out of your dislike for them? Then why go through the trouble?

So here are the options:

1. You have a reason to actively oppose it. (Though I highly doubt it is a good one.)

2. You're doing it simply because you can. (which makes you a bully)

3. You're being dishonest.

Pick one.

Shameless Man-Lover

Chahklet
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Chahklet
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Chahklet
I thought it was caused through abuse and trauma. Can I get some evidence? I might have to rethink my position.
I'm on my work computer right now, and I don't really think googling sources of ***** would be the best thing to do right now

But even if you're right and ***** are always because of abuse and trauma, so? That's still not a choice, while acting on it certainly is
I can't put it into words properly. But if it's not biological at all, then it because something like criminal behavior or rape. Those people may not have been born with it but have the urges. And ***** is a very harmful mindset. Homosexuality is not. If it is biological then it's more like a mental illness. :/ ***** comes nowhere close to Homosexuality.
What's different between the two that make ***** a harmful mindset and homosexuality not?
It's proven to harm children.

The mind set/the attraction to children (just the attraction, nothing else) has been proven to harm children? Are they mind readers now? :/

Floppy Member

this rainbow lover
Chahklet
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Chahklet
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Chahklet
I thought it was caused through abuse and trauma. Can I get some evidence? I might have to rethink my position.
I'm on my work computer right now, and I don't really think googling sources of ***** would be the best thing to do right now

But even if you're right and ***** are always because of abuse and trauma, so? That's still not a choice, while acting on it certainly is
I can't put it into words properly. But if it's not biological at all, then it because something like criminal behavior or rape. Those people may not have been born with it but have the urges. And ***** is a very harmful mindset. Homosexuality is not. If it is biological then it's more like a mental illness. :/ ***** comes nowhere close to Homosexuality.
What's different between the two that make ***** a harmful mindset and homosexuality not?
It's proven to harm children.

The mind set/the attraction to children (just the attraction, nothing else) has been proven to harm children? Are they mind readers now? :/

How about you folks let up with the red herring approach and stick to the topic? Unless of course there is some data you've got to trot out that demonstrates a similarity between homosexuality - the topic of the thread - and ***** - unrelated to homosexuality and not the topic of the thread.

Floppy Member

Wraith of Azrael
Ryo Tarn

Nah son, here's the definition of racism via the Oxford dictionary.

Quote:
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races: theories of racism
More example sentences
1.1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior: a programme to combat racism

Technically speaking, not liking misgeneration does not on its own make someone racist as not liking misgeneration does not mean you hate people who are mixed or people who mix just the action.

We've been over this XD.
Find "misgeneration" in your Oxford, since you seem to think argumentum ad dictionarium is a really swell way to prove your point. rolleyes
The Legendary Guest
Find "misgeneration" in your Oxford, since you seem to think argumentum ad dictionarium is a really swell way to support your argument. rolleyes

Ahh.. thank you for clarifying the word.
I was getting the word confused.

The original word is Miscegenation.

Wow...you're using rational wiki, congrats a wonderfully non-biased site.

But no.

There's only two places that use "Argumentum ad dictionarium".
Geek Feminism wiki and Rational Wiki, not the best to use.
Quote:
I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

Whoops. Already terminally heteronormative. That "should" statement there is already ridiculously homophobic — there's no "should". People can love, and be sexual with, people of any gender.
Quote:
I do not hate people because they're homosexual

Homophobia is about systematic oppression, not "hatred". (Sure, they correlate heavily, but you don't need any hate to be oppressive.)
Quote:
I am 100% positive about my own sexuality

...cool? Society doesn't shame you for your heterosexuality. You're just like most other straight people in being content with your straightness.
Quote:
I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.

You have the right to express it, but people have the right to call you out for its materially, observably damaging effects. Free speech includes criticism.
Quote:
It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.

Uh, I'm sorry, but believing heterosexuality to be be more "right" than any other orientation is literally bigotry. :
Quote:
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

You're actually literally entirely wrong. People calling you out for your reactionary, harmful ~opinions~ isn't oppression. It's you being held accountable. Oppression is being denied opportunities or having violence inflicted upon you by virtue of who you are — taking you to task for your support of oppressive social structures is actually literally the opposite of oppression. :v

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff