Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Yoshpet
Are we at the "you're intolerant for not tolerating my intolerance" phase now?

Pretty much, although I think we hit that point a little while ago!

Bashful Businesswoman

toasega

Well sorry to burst your little bubble here buddy, but considering I'm ACTUALLY gay and have ACTUALLY experienced homophobia more then once, I think I can safely say I know more about the subject then you ever will. And trust, you don't know a damn thing.
So maybe instead of writing me off as a "lol I'm moar logical den you ur just stooopid and don't understand how deep and intelligent I am hurrr!!" You actually take what In saying for consideration.
Because here’s a protip: If a gay woman is telling you that your argument is perpetuating harmful false equivalencies and undermining the severity of anti-LGBT+ issues, perhaps you should REFRAIN from talking over us and and patronizing us.
Because it really only solidifies the point I’m trying to make here.
Congrats. You are now the piss king of s**t mountain.

Quote:
I'm not spamming because I have nothing to say. I'm spamming because I don't see a reason to take this conversation with you seriously.

No, you're just apathetic and ignorant to other people's struggles and you have the maturity of a crying baby.
But whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose.

Bashful Businesswoman

Ugh this entire thread is reminding me why I never talk about anything LGBT related to any straight person I don't 100% trust.
stare

Dapper Dabbler

10,615 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Distorted_Rage
Quote:
just got caught up with this thread...man, do you guys really suck.

Yes we do..... How does this happen. Good god!

It's not all that bad; you've saved me the trouble of figuring out who to block.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
toasega
This Is NoMercy
toasega
]

No, no, don’t bother to actually address any of my arguments. Just ignore everything I said and spam the thread with stupid gifs all with the pose of an edgy middle schooler who just discovered the internet because you're too stupid to actually defend any of your bullshit points.That really shows your intellectual and moral superiority here boyhowdy.
You're kinda pathetic.
lol

I'm not addressing any of your arguments

First step is admitting you have a problem.

Quote:
because you write them in the same way many people in the ED write them: snarky, loaded, egotistical posts designed to debase the "opponent" while at the same time allowing you to feel comfortable in the knowledge that no matter what argument the opponent makes, you're morally and intellectually superior. Superior to a total stranger that you will never meet, and is ultimately, to you anyway, nothing more than a collection of data.

In other words "If you're going to insult anyone, do it eloquently and in a way that doesn't make it look like you're being directly insulting, but more in a way that makes you look like the biggest of douchecanoes."

Or, to put it even simpler, your method.

Tell me, just how lofty are the heights?

Quote:
The way your comments are written make you seem to be someone who has no desire to educate anyone, try to show logic or reason without throwing insults into the mix, or have any sort of non-angry conversation in general; you only seem to want to attack people saying anything even remotely negative about homosexuals.

Given the homophobic statements in the OP...I'm fairly certain there is justification. You're just butthurt.

Quote:
I feel like it wouldn't matter what I said to you, no matter how logical or reasonable, because right now, in your eyes, I represent something that really makes your blood boil. And that's screwing up YOUR logic and reason and only leaves room for us to argue in circles.

To be more accurate, it leads to her making concious responses, and you putting up pants-on-head retarded gifs. So, again, you're simply butthurt.

Quote:
I'm not spamming because I have nothing to say. I'm spamming because I don't see a reason to take this conversation with you seriously.

In other words, you have nothing to say.

Quotable Sophomore

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Why was anyone even feeding this troll from page one?

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
This Is NoMercy
toasega

Well sorry to burst your little bubble here buddy, but considering I'm ACTUALLY gay and have ACTUALLY experienced homophobia more then once, I think I can safely say I know more about the subject then you ever will. And trust, you don't know a damn thing.
So maybe instead of writing me off as a "lol I'm moar logical den you ur just stooopid and don't understand how deep and intelligent I am hurrr!!" You actually take what In saying for consideration.
Because here’s a protip: If a gay woman is telling you that your argument is perpetuating harmful false equivalencies and undermining the severity of anti-LGBT+ issues, perhaps you should REFRAIN from talking over us and and patronizing us.
Because it really only solidifies the point I’m trying to make here.
Congrats. You are now the piss king of s**t mountain.

Quote:

No, you're just apathetic and ignorant to other people's struggles and you have the maturity of a crying baby.
But whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose.

Actually, I'm not ignorant to other people's struggles, and it's quite annoying when people like you act like they are the only ones who have been through, or are going through hard times. Yeah, you have your way of living, and some people are not going to agree with it, some are even going to go out of their way to try and harm you over it (verbally, except in the absolute worst case scenario). But for everyone to constantly give angry replies and get into verbal fisticuffs like this over every single "Gay: Yay or Nay?"-type topic is almost like they're trying to COMPLETELY do away with anyone doing something they don't like, which would be absolutely impossible. If people want to be so sensitive to anything and everything that is seen as offensive, the only option would be to spend each moment of each day in absolute silence, until the very act of speaking became a serious offense.

As much as you want to be accepted in life, the fact remains that you will never be fully accepted, and I'm not just talking about in terms of your homosexuality. I'm not trying to talk over you (which can't be done online anyway, we'd have to physically be conversing for that to be possible), I'm not trying to patronize you, hell, I can even understand how you feel in terms of people treating you differently because of your social status (or race in my case), considering I've dealt with, and still do deal with racism and people being afraid of me because of the stereotypes.

I even see a few "black people should just die, go away, etc" topics on here from time to time, but instead of charging into battle, filled with righteous fury, I ignore it and move on with my life, because for me, the words of a stranger who has no power or influence mean nothing to me. I don't even get upset in the first place, because it just doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I only care about moving forward in my own life and doing the things I want to do.
Why should I care what they say about me? You're angry,I get it. But what power do my words, or anyone else's, hold over you? I can't DO anything to you, and neither can anyone else on this site, or even in real life, to a large extent.

I'm trying to get you to see that unless someone is literally coming after you with weapons, violence and legal papers, a simple difference in opinion is NOT an attempt to deny you your "basic human rights", and trying to shame into silence or otherwise stop people from speaking their true feelings, is in itself a denial of those same rights.

wahmbulance *Edit* I meant to say this, but forgot:

"Rights" are false. No one has the "right" to anything, no one is "entitled" to anything. We have only privileges. Just to be alive in the first place is a privilege. Your parents could have aborted you easily; you had no rights, no voice or even the comprehension to tell people "I want to Live". You were not even self aware. But they decided they wanted you, and here you are, alive and well, not through Rights or Entitlement, but through Privilege. You have the privilege to own the computer you use to sling insults, you have the privilege to have a refrigerator full of food, while people in other countries are starving and dying. I'd go so far as to say your problems are absolutely meaningless, as are mine.

Our problems mean nothing when there are mothers who have to keep their children hidden so they are not kidnapped and sold into child prostitution. All of the evil going on in the world while we all sit back and complain about how slow the service at Wendy's is, or how we can't wait to put ourselves further in debt for the new i-Phone 3067, and you want to talk to me about RIGHTS?! Screw everyone's sense of entitlement, and their "rights". There are homeless people in our own country, starving for food and dying while everyone walks right over them, trying to pass laws that make it illegal to help them LIVE, and you want to complain because what? Some stranger online is saying something you don't like?! And you want to call ME pathetic?! There are 2 year olds in other countries who have more balls than everyone in this ENTIRE country combined! THEY are the ones who fight for the privilege to live, THEY are the ones who fight and claw,LITERALLY, for everything they get in life. THEY are the ones who get my respect, THEY are the ones I will take seriously.

Yeah, it's making me upset to think about how much crap goes on in the world while everyone does nothing. And YOU want to talk to ME about apathy. All those legal documents that give us our "rights" will mean nothing if another country invades and takes over. Then they will decide the laws. They will decide what's right and what's wrong. And then all those documents and bills with all those "rights" you cling to will only be good for one thing: Toilet Paper. The only way to bring about change is to do it yourself, and you can't do it by ranting about it on some online forum.

*End of Edit* wahmbulance

Also, surely you can imagine why I wouldn't want to speak seriously with someone who can't hold a conversation without resorting to saying things like "You are now the piss king of s**t mountain". Call me immature, call me pathetic, it doesn't really matter, but I'm not the one yelling and screaming on the internet. If you want things to change, get off Gaia, turn off your computer, and help change them yourself.

Oh, and finally:
I like to make jokes, even in situations where it's really not a good idea. I guess if you had to compare me to anyone (real or fictional), I'd be most like Deadpool.

And yes. I am so incredibly deep in my thinking and so much smarter than you that it is impossible for you to comprehend my words, FOOLISH MORTAL CHILD. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
[********]

Bashful Businesswoman

toasega

Actually, I'm not ignorant to other people's struggles,

No, you kinda are.
This whole argument we've been having proves it.

Quote:
and it's quite annoying when people like you act like they are the only ones who have been through, or are going through hard times

Straight people don't suffer from homophobia. They never ever have and they never ever will.
So sorry, but I'm not going to wax poetry over how bad straight people have it to gays, because its simply not true.

Quote:
Yeah, you have your way of living, and some people are not going to agree with it, some are even going to go out of their way to try and harm you over it (verbally, except in the absolute worst case scenario). But for everyone to constantly give angry replies and get into verbal fisticuffs like this over every single "Gay: Yay or Nay?"-type topic is almost like they're trying to COMPLETELY do away with anyone doing something they don't like, which would be absolutely impossible.

Oh no! Someone said something mean to you over the Internet after insulting a large group of people that have had a long history of being murdered, raped, and discriminated against? Oh you poor baby.
sad
Do you honestly expect me to feel bad and guilty whenever gay people get mad at homophobes?
Because yeah, that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Quote:
If people want to be so sensitive to anything and everything that is seen as offensive, the only option would be to spend each moment of each day in absolute silence, until the very act of speaking became a serious offense.

Gay people get offended over homophobia. Which this thread is. emotion_eyebrow
We're also offended by people like you who are trying to shut us up and downplay are feelings to just being "sensitive about everything" because it's apparently impossible for you to ever understand anybody's problems that aren't you're own.

Quote:
I even see a few "black people should just die, go away, etc" topics on here from time to time, but instead of charging into battle, filled with righteous fury, I ignore it and move on with my life, because for me, the words of a stranger who has no power or influence mean nothing to me. I don't even get upset in the first place, because it just doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I only care about moving forward in my own life and doing the things I want to do.
Why should I care what they say about me? You're angry,I get it. But what power do my words, or anyone else's, hold over you? I can't DO anything to you, and neither can anyone else on this site, or even in real life, to a large extent.

Well if anything, you shouldn't be defending the OP against people who are rightfully mad at her even more so. Racism and Homophobia are both similar in the sense that it's discrimination against people over something they can't help. Being against one but being totally fine with the other makes no sense and makes you a hypocrite.

And if that's how you wanna handle bigots, then fine. You do that. But don't dictate how other people react and try to shame them and downplay their feelings.

Quote:
I'm trying to get you to see that unless someone is literally coming after you with weapons, violence and legal papers, a simple difference in opinion is NOT an attempt to deny you your "basic human rights", and trying to shame into silence or otherwise stop people from speaking their true feelings, is in itself a denial of those same rights.

1.) These people are probably old enough to vote, or at least will be soon. If an anti-gay law ever appears, they'll probably vote for it. If these opinions, if left unchecked and uncorrected, will eventually manifest into hateful and hurtful actions toward LGBT people. So in that sense, yes they are denying me my basic human rights.

2.) Holy crap, me telling bigots why they're wrong is NOT "silencing" them you moron. emotion_eyebrow
In my last post, I LITERALLY said that OP had the right to free speech, and by that account I had the right to tell her whys shes wrong. That dose not perpetuate the attitudes and systems that negatively impact all straight people. Unlike homophobia.

Demanding that the oppressed “be nice” and not "shame into silence" our oppressors if a cute way of telling us to shut up about our oppression and let our oppressors continue to act oppressive without repercussion. And THAT is bullshit
The fact that the only concern you have here is “hurt feelings” and not the actual physical safety of the people involved and the continued systemic disenfranchisement of marginalized people really says a lot

Come and talk to me when straight kids are at an increased risk of homelessness and assault, when straight people have to pretend to be LGBTQIAP+ at the workplace out of fear, and when male/female couples are legally denied the right to marry in state constitutions. Then maybe I’ll care when LGBT people say mean things to homophobes on the damn internet.

Quote:
Our problems mean nothing when there are mothers who have to keep their children hidden so they are not kidnapped and sold into child prostitution. All of the evil going on in the world while we all sit back and complain about how slow the service at Wendy's is, or how we can't wait to put ourselves further in debt for the new i-Phone 3067, and you want to talk to me about RIGHTS?! Screw everyone's sense of entitlement, and their "rights". There are homeless people in our own country, starving for food and dying while everyone walks right over them, trying to pass laws that make it illegal to help them LIVE, and you want to complain because what? Some stranger online is saying something you don't like?! And you want to call ME pathetic?! There are 2 year olds in other countries who have more balls than everyone in this ENTIRE country combined! THEY are the ones who fight for the privilege to live, THEY are the ones who fight and claw,LITERALLY, for everything they get in life. THEY are the ones who get my respect, THEY are the ones I will take seriously.

rolleyes
Oh pleeeasse spare me this "other people have it worse then you!!" dramatic.The idea that you can't personally choose to focus on an issue without betraying or invalidating some other issue is so detrimental to intelligent discussion. It's a deflection that attempts to redirect attention from something uncomfortable to something the deflector feels more comfortable talking about.

Also, LGBT people have one of the highest rates of depression, homelessness, and sexual assault in the country. Bisexual women specifically have higher rates of sexual assault than both straight AND lesbian women. Our health care access is abysmal, our risk of unemployment and homelessness is unacceptable. Oh, and there HAVE been bills in the past that have tried to get passed, that would degrade and segregate gays from the regular public, just like what they did to blacks in the 1950s and 60s.
That's sounds like a pretty big problem to me.
But oh wait-
Quote:

Yeah okay. lol

Quote:
I like to make jokes, even in situations where it's really not a good idea. I guess if you had to compare me to anyone (real or fictional), I'd be most like Deadpool

No.
Deadpool is actually funny.

Conservative Elder

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Megathread 100
Acceptance is key for a better society; the development takes place where there is room to grow, a blank sky to fill with clouds and stars, and a vast lot of virgin land waiting to be sowed.

Traditional ideologies are, often, fuel for conformism and hinder further growth. They serve as a block for modern perspectives to shine.

It's fine if you have your reservations towards the homosexual community, just like there are others who have reservations against religions, politics, and even subcultures. The problem comes when that idea dictates what say and how you act before others. What would happen if your son/daughter turns gay? Would you reject them? Are they no longer worthy of your love because of their sexual orientation?

It's all relative, in the end... Think about it, think deeper, we all have our likes and dislikes, but they should never dictate how we do things, for it leaves little room for tolerance and empathy, and it blocks out our rationalism.

In the end it's just like the pasta you like or dislike; there's always another dish, more options, different things to try out. Don't approve homosexuality? That's fine, they only couple that would need your approval would be your child and his/her partner, if that ever went to happen. Godspeed!

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
This Is NoMercy
toasega

No, you kinda are.
This whole argument we've been having proves it.

wahmbulance No, it proves what I've been hinting at this entire time; that we're going to be arguing in circles, which we are already in the process of doing.

Quote:
and it's quite annoying when people like you act like they are the only ones who have been through, or are going through hard times

Straight people don't suffer from homophobia. They never ever have and they never ever will.
So sorry, but I'm not going to wax poetry over how bad straight people have it to gays, because its simply not true.

wahmbulance Actually, we do have it bad. EVERYONE has it bad. I'm saying don't act like your pain is so much greater than everyone else's pain and then act like THEY are the ones who are acting superior in some way.

Quote:
Yeah, you have your way of living, and some people are not going to agree with it, some are even going to go out of their way to try and harm you over it (verbally, except in the absolute worst case scenario). But for everyone to constantly give angry replies and get into verbal fisticuffs like this over every single "Gay: Yay or Nay?"-type topic is almost like they're trying to COMPLETELY do away with anyone doing something they don't like, which would be absolutely impossible.

Oh no! Someone said something mean to you over the Internet after insulting a large group of people that have had a long history of being murdered, raped, and discriminated against? Oh you poor baby.
sad

wahmbulance Are you saying gay people are the only ones who have had to deal with these things?

Quote:
If people want to be so sensitive to anything and everything that is seen as offensive, the only option would be to spend each moment of each day in absolute silence, until the very act of speaking became a serious offense.

Gay people get offended over homophobia. Which this thread is. emotion_eyebrow
We're also offended by people like you who are trying to shut us up and downplay are feelings to just being "sensitive about everything" because it's apparently impossible for you to ever understand anybody's problems that aren't you're own.

wahmbulance I'm not downplaying things for gay people ONLY, which is why I find you to be so short-sighted in your anger, and why I maintain that speaking with you is a poor choice on my part. I'm saying society AS A WHOLE seems to have dropped somewhat in terms of what is commonly known as "thick skin". Everyone is so afraid to have their precious little feelings hurt that they take "tolerance" and "niceness" to insane levels, and are continuing to do so.

Quote:

Well if anything, you shouldn't be defending the OP against people who are rightfully mad at her even more so.

wahmbulance Showing any sort of kindness to anyone is wrong now? Or are you upset that I'm not defending YOU? I'm merely asking, and I want you to disregard every snarky comeback you've got stored in that angry little brain of yours, and simply answer this question: "How and why is it wrong to question Homosexuality if it is not done in a hateful manner?"

Racism and Homophobia are both similar in the sense that it's discrimination against people over something they can't help.

wahmbulance They are not similar, as Homosexuality is, in fact, a choice, and race is not.

Being against one but being totally fine with the other makes no sense and makes you a hypocrite.

wahmbulance Homosexuals are not a race, they are a social class.

And if that's how you wanna handle bigots, then fine. You do that. But don't dictate how other people react and try to shame them and downplay their feelings.

wahmbulance I just want to know why you, and many others, are so vehemently against even CONSIDERING the other person's point of view. How a person is raised does in fact dictate how they will view the world around them. Her upbringing gave her that specific viewpoint, just as your upbringing gave you yours, so how do you even know for a fact that your way is the right one? Considering a different viewpoint is not a betrayal of your own, it doesn't automatically mean the other side has won or that you've been "defeated" in any way, it just means you're considering it. And in case you're wondering, I do consider your side of things, although people like you make it hard to do so.

Quote:

1.) These people are probably old enough to vote, or at least will be soon. If an anti-gay law ever appears, they'll probably vote for it. If these opinions, if left unchecked and uncorrected, will eventually manifest into hateful and hurtful actions toward LGBT people. So in that sense, yes they are denying me my basic human rights.

wahmbulance Then that means you're moving into the dangerous field of Thought Crime. I realize that you, and others like you, see no problem with the way you live your lives, and on top of the already prevalent American mindset of "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO", you're out in the isolated "weird kid" table of an already "weird kid" society. Many people still treat you as if you're some kind of freak who does unnatural things, and even if they don't say anything to you, you can see the judgment in their eyes and in their body language when you're around. Their smiles fade slightly, their eyes lose some of that happy shine, and it's just an overall awkward atmosphere hanging in the room. And you hate it. You wish they were all fine (or didn't care, at least) with what you're doing with your life, or what you are. Am I getting close? Stop me if I'm way off the mark.

It's fine to want acceptance, but a person's opinions do not automatically mean they're going to do any specific thing, and what's worse, the more you try to shout them down, the more they're going to dislike you, and people like you, and the more likely they will do exactly what you fear. If you want to tell people things, or attempt to educate them in any way, then do so without anger or insults. In terms of News Stations, be BBC, not Fox News. Pre-emptively striking at people for what you THINK they will do in the future will most assuredly make your fears realized in said future, maybe even more than you could have dreamed. In trying to obtain, in such an aggressive manner, "basic human rights" and a bright future for gay people, you are denying everyone else THEIR basic human rights and ensuring a lasting conflict. wahmbulance

2.) Holy crap, me telling bigots why they're wrong is NOT "silencing" them you moron. emotion_eyebrow
In my last post, I LITERALLY said that OP had the right to free speech, and by that account I had the right to tell her whys shes wrong. That dose not perpetuate the attitudes and systems that negatively impact all straight people. Unlike homophobia.

wahmbulance In the comment I replied to above, you just said "If these opinions, if left unchecked and uncorrected, will eventually manifest into hateful and hurtful actions toward LGBT people. So in that sense, yes they are denying me my basic human rights." You ARE silencing them in favor of your group, which would not be wrong if you did not do it IN SUCH AN AGGRESSIVE AND ANTAGONISTIC MANNER. If you want to tell someone they are wrong, then do so in a purely educating manner. The more aggressive you are, the more they are going to push back, and then no one will learn anything.

Demanding that the oppressed “be nice” and not "shame into silence" our oppressors if a cute way of telling us to shut up about our oppression and let our oppressors continue to act oppressive without repercussion. And THAT is bullshit
The fact that the only concern you have here is “hurt feelings” and not the actual physical safety of the people involved and the continued systemic disenfranchisement of marginalized people really says a lot

wahmbulance You skimmed over my last comments, didn't you? It's fine, though. Besides, I could say your leanings towards advocation of punishing people for "Thought Crimes" says alot about you.

Come and talk to me when straight kids are at an increased risk of homelessness and assault,

wahmbulance They are.

when straight people have to pretend to be LGBTQIAP+ at the workplace out of fear,

wahmbulance No, they just have to be careful about how they refuse the advances of their gay co-workers for fear of being called "homo-phobes, homophobic,etc" or being sued for discrimination.

and when male/female couples are legally denied the right to marry in state constitutions. Then maybe I’ll care when LGBT people say mean things to homophobes on the damn internet.

Quote:

rolleyes
Oh pleeeasse spare me this "other people have it worse then you!!" dramatic.

wahmbulance Other people DO have it worse than you.

The idea that you can't personally choose to focus on an issue without betraying or invalidating some other issue is so detrimental to intelligent discussion.

wahmbulance Kind of like endless sarcasm and a refusal to look at things from any angle but your own?

It's a deflection that attempts to redirect attention from something uncomfortable to something the deflector feels more comfortable talking about.

wahmbulance I'm absolutely willing to have a meaningful discussion about this subject where both parties can come away having learned something new, and have each grown and matured by looking at the situation from the other person's eyes. However, when I'm faced with people like you, all that can happen is a long and pointless argument that teaches nothing and ultimately leaves both parties with a bad taste in their mouth. Which is exactly what is happening here. You keep throwing "You don't know what gay people go through, you COULD NEVER KNOW", yet you never give any concrete, first-hand/eyewitness accounts of all these things. You want me to understand, to feel, what? Pity for you? But you won't give me anything to work with except vague accusations and exclamations.

Also, LGBT people have one of the highest rates of depression, homelessness, and sexual assault in the country. Bisexual women specifically have higher rates of sexual assault than both straight AND lesbian women. Our health care access is abysmal, our risk of unemployment and homelessness is unacceptable.

wahmbulance Proof?

Oh, and there HAVE been bills in the past that have tried to get passed, that would degrade and segregate gays from the regular public, just like what they did to blacks in the 1950s and 60s.

wahmbulance Again, Homosexuals are not a race.

That's sounds like a pretty big problem to me.
But oh wait-
Quote:

Yeah okay. lol

Quote:
I like to make jokes, even in situations where it's really not a good idea. I guess if you had to compare me to anyone (real or fictional), I'd be most like Deadpool

No.
Deadpool is actually funny.

Actually, he's only funny to US, but in the world he resides in, he is, for the most part, not. Which is what I meant about myself. My statement stands.
User ImageUser Image

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Spherian Angel Grandark
Acceptance is key for a better society; the development takes place where there is room to grow, a blank sky to fill with clouds and stars, and a vast lot of virgin land waiting to be sowed.

Traditional ideologies are, often, fuel for conformism and hinder further growth. They serve as a block for modern perspectives to shine.

It's fine if you have your reservations towards the homosexual community, just like there are others who have reservations against religions, politics, and even subcultures. The problem comes when that idea dictates what say and how you act before others. What would happen if your son/daughter turns gay? Would you reject them? Are they no longer worthy of your love because of their sexual orientation?

It's all relative, in the end... Think about it, think deeper, we all have our likes and dislikes, but they should never dictate how we do things, for it leaves little room for tolerance and empathy, and it blocks out our rationalism.

In the end it's just like the pasta you like or dislike; there's always another dish, more options, different things to try out. Don't approve homosexuality? That's fine, they only couple that would need your approval would be your child and his/her partner, if that ever went to happen. Godspeed!

User Image

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
toasega
Actually, he's only funny to US, but in the world he resides in, he is, for the most part, not. Which is what I meant about myself. My statement stands.
User ImageUser Image
See, now you're moving the goalpost, because the world Deadpool exists in is fictional, and we don't have a large enough sample size of the public to accurately determine whether or not he is or is not funny in his world.

Not that it really matters, because in this world, we find him funny.
toasega

I even see a few "black people should just die, go away, etc" topics on here from time to time, but instead of charging into battle, filled with righteous fury, I ignore it and move on with my life, because for me, the words of a stranger who has no power or influence mean nothing to me.

And you erroneously assume they'll never have that power. Or that others who DO have power and influence don't agree with them...

Quote:
I can't DO anything to you, and neither can anyone else on this site, or even in real life, to a large extent.

Lawmakers can.
Quote:

I'm trying to get you to see that unless someone is literally coming after you with weapons, violence and legal papers, a simple difference in opinion is NOT an attempt to deny you your "basic human rights
"

Except they ARE.

Homosexuals are being arrested in Lousiana for just meeting in a park to arrange a date.

Just last year, hoss, we nearly elected a man to the state Governor's office who was intending to re-criminalize homosexuality.

We have people HERE on Gaia who work to re-criminalize homosexuality.

So yea, ******** off with that "noone is coming for you" s**t.

Bashful Businesswoman

GSK Lives
toasega

I even see a few "black people should just die, go away, etc" topics on here from time to time, but instead of charging into battle, filled with righteous fury, I ignore it and move on with my life, because for me, the words of a stranger who has no power or influence mean nothing to me.

And you erroneously assume they'll never have that power. Or that others who DO have power and influence don't agree with them...

Quote:
I can't DO anything to you, and neither can anyone else on this site, or even in real life, to a large extent.

Lawmakers can.
Quote:

I'm trying to get you to see that unless someone is literally coming after you with weapons, violence and legal papers, a simple difference in opinion is NOT an attempt to deny you your "basic human rights
"

Except they ARE.

Homosexuals are being arrested in Lousiana for just meeting in a park to arrange a date.

Just last year, hoss, we nearly elected a man to the state Governor's office who was intending to re-criminalize homosexuality.

We have people HERE on Gaia who work to re-criminalize homosexuality.

So yea, ******** off with that "noone is coming for you" s**t.

Seriously, this thread is full of people talking about their experiences with homophobia and discrimination, and there are multiple users who openly talk about wanting to jail and outlaw gays ALL THE TIME (coghvough prince ikari, misty moonsliver, coughcough) yet this shithead STILL has the balls to tell us were "over-reacting" and that straight people apparently have it worse then us because we called them a few names on an Internet forum.
emotion_eyebrow

Tipsy Smoker

A Mythic Angel
toasega
User ImageUser Image
See, now you're moving the goalpost, because the world Deadpool exists in is fictional, and we don't have a large enough sample size of the public to accurately determine whether or not he is or is not funny in his world.

Not that it really matters, because in this world, we find him funny.
That poster is not funny in any universe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff