Welcome to Gaia! ::

Floppy Member

laffett

oh I know full well
Know what?
Quote:
I had about a dozen friends in the navy that were gay, just very reserved about it.
Explain what "reserved about it" even means.
Quote:
and though some of them were not they were good people

That's because they're, you know, people, who get to express themselves in ways other people might not.
Quote:
and knew that it made me uncomfortable so they refrained from doing so.
Explain how you know what other people knew about you and what exactly they were supposedly "refraining from doing".
Quote:
I was just expressing myself to a specific point I know that there are plenty of people who are exceptions to the things I do not like
The way you express yourself doesn't exactly do much to back up this statement.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
black_wing_angel
Chahklet
I don't think anyone should put much stock in your opinion.

Well, hell...we could say that about ANYONE in the ED...

Wow, you could make a billion gold on tips ALONE from this comment.
Sir Figgis-Fiddis
I'm glad that someone else who shares beliefs like mine is courageously airing their opinion.

Because see, I'm not at all racist but I just don't approve of Blacks, Asians or Hispanics. And oh, forget about the Jews and Arabs!

I was raised and taught a certain way that coloreds are just inferior to the rest of us, just common knowledge!
I mean, I also can't be racist because my partner is Latino but well, he's not all ghetto about how he is so I can tolerate his coloredness. I mean, I don't hate coloreds, I just don't approve of or like their lifestyle. And that is not hate speech, and silencing voices like ours will, yes, only harm more than help. It's pretty sad too that America is trying to make us all embrace diversity and the stupid multicultural agenda. I don't want my great-grandchildren to be brown, how gross!

heart heart heart heart

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Distorted_Rage
Oh crap this is going to end in a shitstorm.

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

wahmbulance As was I. Alot of people will continue to strongly believe in the things they were taught from birth, by the circumstances in their personal lives, in their school life, or both. People are going to tell you things like "that just means you're not thinking for yourself" or something like that, while failing to realize that the very fact that you're asking questions about the subject means you are thinking for yourself. wahmbulance

I do not hate people because they're homosexual

wahmbulance Are you saying you dislike the attraction to the same sex, but you don't dislike the actual person? Because for some reason, people can't seem to deal with that kind of reasoning. There's always going to be an aspect of a person that you don't like, but you don't see people complaining if you say something like "You're an awesome person, but I can't stand that you actually ENJOY the Twilight series!" You can still be friends, it's just that you won't agree on certain things, yes, even if it's something really important to them. wahmbulance

I am 100% positive about my own sexuality

wahmbulance Great.

I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.

wahmbulance Also great. As well as true. However, we live in a society where you have every right to express yourself, but only as long as you "pay the social bills" and agree with all of the most socially popular opinions without question. It's also a good idea to never speak about any subject whatsoever because you run the risk of offending some random person who will then call CNN and whine to the whole country about how they're offended, which will in turn make everyone else offended at you, even though deep down, almost all of them don't really give a damn. And they wonder why I compare American society to a giant, glorified High School. wahmbulance

It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this way.

wahmbulance I agree. People have the privilege to voice their own opinions on any subject without being socially shamed for it. Just because you disagree does not automatically mean you hate someone or something, it is simply a disagreement. That would be the logical, reasonable, and correct way of looking at it. But again, that High School mentality dictates that since you don't agree with what is obviously popular at the moment, you are the bad guy. There is no argument you can make, and even if you had the skills of the greatest debaters and philosophers in all of history, you would never be able to make an acceptable argument, not because the argument itself was sound and reasonable, but because they would refuse to accept it.

And as they stuck their fingers in their ears and closed their eyes, refusing to even attempt to think outside of their own metaphorical box, getting angrier and angrier, hating you more and more, they would say that YOU cannot think for yourself, YOU are the one who refuses to see reason, YOU are the one set in his ways and allows "the way he was raised" to think for him, YOU are the one who hates. They will say you're a horrible person, even as you do your best to remain civil. They will sling insults at you while you have insulted no one, and yet will still place all the blame solely on your shoulders. wahmbulance

Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

wahmbulance *Points to the statements above*

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

In any case, I hope you're prepared for several weeks of angry back-and-forth between everyone in this forum, as well as a good deal of hatred and rage aimed squarely at your face, and some of the most horrible comments made about your character, your mental capabilities, your family, and a bunch of other things that are really no one's business, no matter how much they might try and act like it IS their business.
I AM R U
A sexual preference is widely understood to be having a sexual interest in members of the same, opposite, or either sex etc...

What's the difference between that and sexual orientation?

Tipsy Smoker

toasega
Distorted_Rage

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

wahmbulance As was I. Alot of people will continue to strongly believe in the things they were taught from birth, by the circumstances in their personal lives, in their school life, or both. People are going to tell you things like "that just means you're not thinking for yourself" or something like that, while failing to realize that the very fact that you're asking questions about the subject means you are thinking for yourself. wahmbulance

wahmbulance Are you saying you dislike the attraction to the same sex, but you don't dislike the actual person? Because for some reason, people can't seem to deal with that kind of reasoning. There's always going to be an aspect of a person that you don't like, but you don't see people complaining if you say something like "You're an awesome person, but I can't stand that you actually ENJOY the Twilight series!" You can still be friends, it's just that you won't agree on certain things, yes, even if it's something really important to them. wahmbulance

wahmbulance Great.

I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.

wahmbulance Also great. As well as true. However, we live in a society where you have every right to express yourself, but only as long as you "pay the social bills" and agree with all of the most socially popular opinions without question. It's also a good idea to never speak about any subject whatsoever because you run the risk of offending some random person who will then call CNN and whine to the whole country about how they're offended, which will in turn make everyone else offended at you, even though deep down, almost all of them don't really give a damn. And they wonder why I compare American society to a giant, glorified High School. wahmbulance

It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this way.

wahmbulance I agree. People have the privilege to voice their own opinions on any subject without being socially shamed for it. Just because you disagree does not automatically mean you hate someone or something, it is simply a disagreement. That would be the logical, reasonable, and correct way of looking at it. But again, that High School mentality dictates that since you don't agree with what is obviously popular at the moment, you are the bad guy. There is no argument you can make, and even if you had the skills of the greatest debaters and philosophers in all of history, you would never be able to make an acceptable argument, not because the argument itself was sound and reasonable, but because they would refuse to accept it.

And as they stuck their fingers in their ears and closed their eyes, refusing to even attempt to think outside of their own metaphorical box, getting angrier and angrier, hating you more and more, they would say that YOU cannot think for yourself, YOU are the one who refuses to see reason, YOU are the one set in his ways and allows "the way he was raised" to think for him, YOU are the one who hates. They will say you're a horrible person, even as you do your best to remain civil. They will sling insults at you while you have insulted no one, and yet will still place all the blame solely on your shoulders. wahmbulance

Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

In any case, I hope you're prepared for several weeks of angry back-and-forth between everyone in this forum, as well as a good deal of hatred and rage aimed squarely at your face, and some of the most horrible comments made about your character, your mental capabilities, your family, and a bunch of other things that are really no one's business, no matter how much they might try and act like it IS their business.
Sorta like being gay. It's really no one's business, no matter how much OP might try and act like it is. rolleyes

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lucky~9~Lives
I AM R U
A sexual preference is widely understood to be having a sexual interest in members of the same, opposite, or either sex etc...

Nothing, really - I think they're generally used interchangeably?

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
toasega
Distorted_Rage

wahmbulance Great.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

There's a difference some people simply refuse to acknowledge between having a problem with someone's uncontrollable sexual orientation and having a problem with an opinion they've formed on a subject. Its the same difference between between disgusted at someone for having a favourite food you can't stand, and being disgusted at them for the colour of their skin.

soa kain's Husband

Aged Genius

I AM R U
laffett
I AM R U
laffett
Distorted_Rage

It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

yeah you are fine man.
I was raised the same way and it can honestly be taken a step further.
and anyone is offended they can go ******** themselves.

I am actually homophobic, the word Phobic doesnt imply hate, it implies fear or even discomfort.
I am homophobic meaning homosexuals make me uncomfortable, I am straight and there is not a damned thing wrong with that. and as me being straight would imply I am not interested in men. now I also have a very strict sense of morals. I do not even look at women with lust in my heart. to me its wrong to even think dirty thoughts. so having some c**k sucker drooling at me in a homosexual frenzy freaks me the ******** out. and it would freak me out almost as much as if it was a woman. only the women I like are not like that and every homo I met is EXACTLY like that, in your face gay. so hence I have a justified reason to be homophobic, and it has nothing to do with hate or intolerance

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Not all gay men are "out", or "loud and proud" if they are out, and most probably are not drooling all over you - you've probably met guys who are gay, and not even realised it, because aside from those who fit the stereotype, there really is no way to tell if someone is homosexual or not unless they tell you. Gay men are also just like every other man, and perfectly capable of not looking at everyone as a potential ******** buddy. Also, not all gay men suck c**k smile Just so you know.

oh I know full well
I had about a dozen friends in the navy that were gay, just very reserved about it. and though some of them were not they were good people and knew that it made me uncomfortable so they refrained from doing so.
I was just expressing myself to a specific point I know that there are plenty of people who are exceptions to the things I do not like

Well, you didn't say that initially - you in fact stated that "every homo [you] met is EXACTLY like that" ie a flamboyant in your face stereotype, and gave the impression it was homosexuality itself you were afraid/uncomfortable with, as opposed to certain behaviour which while attributed to homosexuals, can also be exhibited by heterosexuals.

yeah really bad habit of mine to just jump in and say things lol
but it wasnt completely incorrect
but yeah really tired but if you are saying what I think you are saying I totally agree that same behavior and oversexualized mindset can very often be found in straight men and I find it equally disgusting but less repelling. if a man walked up to a woman in front of me and started acting like that to a woman I would probably beat him half to death and not lose any sleep at night. if a man came up to another man in front of me and started doing that crap I would probably run and have nightmares for a month.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
laffett
I AM R U
laffett
I AM R U
laffett
Distorted_Rage

It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

yeah you are fine man.
I was raised the same way and it can honestly be taken a step further.
and anyone is offended they can go ******** themselves.

I am actually homophobic, the word Phobic doesnt imply hate, it implies fear or even discomfort.
I am homophobic meaning homosexuals make me uncomfortable, I am straight and there is not a damned thing wrong with that. and as me being straight would imply I am not interested in men. now I also have a very strict sense of morals. I do not even look at women with lust in my heart. to me its wrong to even think dirty thoughts. so having some c**k sucker drooling at me in a homosexual frenzy freaks me the ******** out. and it would freak me out almost as much as if it was a woman. only the women I like are not like that and every homo I met is EXACTLY like that, in your face gay. so hence I have a justified reason to be homophobic, and it has nothing to do with hate or intolerance

Not all gay men are "out", or "loud and proud" if they are out, and most probably are not drooling all over you - you've probably met guys who are gay, and not even realised it, because aside from those who fit the stereotype, there really is no way to tell if someone is homosexual or not unless they tell you. Gay men are also just like every other man, and perfectly capable of not looking at everyone as a potential ******** buddy. Also, not all gay men suck c**k smile Just so you know.

oh I know full well
I had about a dozen friends in the navy that were gay, just very reserved about it. and though some of them were not they were good people and knew that it made me uncomfortable so they refrained from doing so.

Well, you didn't say that initially - you in fact stated that "every homo [you] met is EXACTLY like that" ie a flamboyant in your face stereotype, and gave the impression it was homosexuality itself you were afraid/uncomfortable with, as opposed to certain behaviour which while attributed to homosexuals, can also be exhibited by heterosexuals.

but yeah really tired but if you are saying what I think you are saying I totally agree that same behavior and oversexualized mindset can very often be found in straight men and I find it equally disgusting but less repelling. if a man walked up to a woman in front of me and started acting like that to a woman I would probably beat him half to death and not lose any sleep at night. if a man came up to another man in front of me and started doing that crap I would probably run and have nightmares for a month.

Then it really sounds like you have some issues you should consider seeing a specialist about - wanting or considering it acceptable to beat someone half to death (and without remorse) isn't a good thing, and being that terrified of something as natural as homosexuality isn't either.

soa kain's Husband

Aged Genius

I AM R U
laffett
I AM R U
laffett
I AM R U

oh I know full well

Then it really sounds like you have some issues you should consider seeing a specialist about - wanting or considering it acceptable to beat someone half to death (and without remorse) isn't a good thing, and being that terrified of something as natural as homosexuality isn't either.

LOL I never claimed I was perfect.
however fear is fear and my reaction to most things is warranted and assuming you are a woman or if not then just say its your sister and not you. some random guy comes up and sticks his hand down your pants I am sure you would not lose any sleep at night beating the s**t out of him
I would do the same
if I see a man disgracing the title of men I will have no qualms humbling him.
however a man coming onto another man....its the same as if a giant cockroach jumped up into your lap and tried to sell you burritos that glowed green and smelled like peaches and feet.
its something completely out of the element and freaky as s**t.
to be honest its not all that odd at all
and what I have as far as not losing sleep over kicking the s**t out of a guy who tries to force himself on a woman that is called honor. doing what is right because it is what is right. lol had it been a few hundred years ago I would be allowed to behead them and the world would be just that much of a better place

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
laffett
I AM R U
laffett
I AM R U
laffett
I AM R U

oh I know full well

LOL I never claimed I was perfect.
however fear is fear and my reaction to most things is warranted and assuming you are a woman or if not then just say its your sister and not you. some random guy comes up and sticks his hand down your pants I am sure you would not lose any sleep at night beating the s**t out of him
I would do the same
if I see a man disgracing the title of men I will have no qualms humbling him.
however a man coming onto another man....its the same as if a giant cockroach jumped up into your lap and tried to sell you burritos that glowed green and smelled like peaches and feet.
its something completely out of the element and freaky as s**t.
to be honest its not all that odd at all
and what I have as far as not losing sleep over kicking the s**t out of a guy who tries to force himself on a woman that is called honor. doing what is right because it is what is right. lol had it been a few hundred years ago I would be allowed to behead them and the world would be just that much of a better place

There is absolutely no difference between a man being a douche to a woman, and a man being a douche to a man, except for something messed up in your own head. I'm not saying that such behavior is acceptable, forcing oneself on an unwilling person no matter the gender is sexual assault, but that doesn't mean violence is acceptable, and it doesn't make a difference what gender the victim is :/ its equally disturbing when it happens and equally wrong, but the differences in your reaction suggest you have a problem other than the actual act that is occurring, and that's something for you to deal with, it isn't anyone else's problem.

And even a few hundred years ago, no, depending where you were and who you were, chances are you'd still get into trouble for beheading a man, no matter what he'd done.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I AM R U
Lucky~9~Lives
I AM R U

Preference should not be used.
Makes it out to be choice. Which you prefer.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
CuAnnan
I AM R U
Lucky~9~Lives
I AM R U

Preference should not be used.
Makes it out to be choice. Which you prefer.

I personally agree with you, but that seems to be the way its used whether I or you like it or not.
I AM R U
Lucky~9~Lives
I AM R U

Not in my experience. Not that I've had a lot.
- ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces