Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Oh crap this is going to end in a shitstorm.

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

I do not hate people because they're homosexual
I am 100% positive about my own sexuality
I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.
It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Its a "homophobe", dear, not "a homophobic".

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
I AM R U

Oh my apologies. Didn't notice. Posted hastily.

Tipsy Smoker

I don't think anyone should put much stock in your opinion.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Distorted_Rage
I AM R U

Not a problem smile I just figure if you're going to be a moron, may as well be a legible one.

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
I AM R U
Distorted_Rage
I AM R U

Not a problem smile I just figure if you're going to be a moron, may as well be a legible one.

You want to throw petty insults or discuss?

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Distorted_Rage
I AM R U
Distorted_Rage
I AM R U

You want to throw petty insults or discuss?

Honestly, there isn't much worth discussing, but you're right, I am being petty, although I do consider it warranted.

Distorted_Rage

So are you blatently trolling, or merely seeking validation for what you consider an unpopular opinion?

Quote:
I was raised and taught a certain way...

And apparently you're incapable of thinking for yourself.

Quote:
...and believe a man should be with another women.

Based on what?

Quote:
I do not hate people because they're homosexual.

How excellent - you do not hate us, you merely believe we should not exist. Or am I misrepresenting your position and you'd like to tell me that I can exist, as long as I stop "being with" men? What does that mean exactly? Stop loving them? Stop sleeping with them? Stop ******** them up against walls in seedy clubs?

Quote:

How wonderful for you. So am I 3nodding

Quote:
I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.

Your understanding is wrong, your upbringing is hateful, and while its not hate speech per say, it could be certainly interpreted as hateful.

Quote:
It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this way.

It is bigoted, but I wouldn't describe one as not having embraced their sexuality.

Quote:
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through.

You have a right to say such things, I have a right to call you a moron, and it is not as oppressive or more oppressive than what the gay community has suffered. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

That hardly made sense...

Quote:
*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

I'd really rather not, but you asked rather nicely, so fine...

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Chahklet
I don't think anyone should put much stock in your opinion.

Well, hell...we could say that about ANYONE in the ED...

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Yeah I am trolling a bit. biggrin

I can think for myself but I have been molded in a certain way. You could likely talk like that to someone else but no I am not a puppet.

Does it make any sense to be with someone of the same sex? Beyond your emotions which are somewhat valueless in life it doesn't make sense. being with someone of the same sex means no reproduction and there would be no need for two genders. it's simply impractical.

I don't expect you do anything different. Let the wicked do wicked but that doesn't mean say something.

Well we're on one accord there

It's not hateful. I'm simply stating what I believe. I'm tolerant of homosexuality and just because I don't agree that it is Okay does not make it hateful.

Worded that wrong. Basically I'm sure about my sexuality and my belief does not stem from worry of it.

Ok I was shaky about saying that myself but it seems that disagreeing with homosexuality is hate and what is wanted is to oppress those who disagree.

Again, my bad shitty wording. I think that the community that I'm in wants to shove this down our throats.

To I AM R U

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Let me also Ask do you think that it is possible do be against homosexuality without being a homophobe?

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Distorted_Rage

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

You have the right to say whatever you want. However, if you don't want people to think you're a bigot, do you at least have a reason why? "It's how I was raised," I'm afraid, isn't good enough, as it suggests you're too dumb to rethink things, which I don't think is the case.
Based on your own understanding, WHY is being gay wrong?

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Exoth XIII
Distorted_Rage

way.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

You have the right to say whatever you want. However, if you don't want people to think you're a bigot, do you at least have a reason why? "It's how I was raised," I'm afraid, isn't good enough, as it suggests you're too dumb to rethink things, which I don't think is the case.
Based on your own understanding, WHY is being gay wrong?

Should I give everything outright? Maybe but refer to the other post if you're that serious about seeing a reason.
Distorted_Rage

way.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

"a man should be with another women"
Sir, we have the CIA's top cryptologists trying to decode what you just said. We also have a man standing in wait for your signature on a fat pay check commemorating your glorious contribution to human language. The check is to the sum of ONE GORILLION DOLLARS, because you make us so bananas.

On a serious note: You were told to adhere to a moral standard or burn in hell forever, not really what one would consider an 'opinion'.

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
YourNeighborsCat
Distorted_Rage

way.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

"a man should be with another women"
Sir, we have the CIA's top cryptologists trying to decode what you just said. We also have a man standing in wait for your signature on a fat pay check commemorating your glorious contribution to human language. The check is to the sum of ONE GORILLION DOLLARS, because you make us so bananas.

On a serious note: You were told to adhere to a moral standard or burn in hell forever, not really what one would consider an 'opinion'.

Fair enough but before you turn into a complete smart a** please at least skim ALL of my posts

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Distorted_Rage

Does it make any sense to be with someone of the same sex?

That's not a metric for right and wrong.
Quote:
Beyond your emotions which are somewhat valueless in life

Ah, ok. So you don't think homosexuality is "wrong" perse, you just don't consider it practical.
Question then. Shouldn't straight relationships be "wrong" too?
Quote:
being with someone of the same sex means no reproduction and there would be no need for two genders. it's simply impractical.

Sex isn't a relationship. It's usually a part of one, sure. That does, however, answer my previous question.
Question. Does that mean someone who is sterile for whatever reason should not have a relationship? What about someone who's become paralyzed?

Furthermore, we have orphanages bloated with unwanted kids. Wouldn't allowing gay adoption create a BIG market for them that might help to reduce the number of kids in foster homes?
How's that for practical?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces