Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Distorted_Rage
Exoth XIII
Distorted_Rage
Oh crap this is going to end in a shitstorm.

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

I do not hate people because they're homosexual
I am 100% positive about my own sexuality
I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.
It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

You have the right to say whatever you want. However, if you don't want people to think you're a bigot, do you at least have a reason why? "It's how I was raised," I'm afraid, isn't good enough, as it suggests you're too dumb to rethink things, which I don't think is the case.
Based on your own understanding, WHY is being gay wrong?

Should I give everything outright? Maybe but refer to the other post if you're that serious about seeing a reason.

Just did, and responded.
As to whether you SHOULD give everything on the first post, it's generally a good idea, unless you're looking to troll.
Distorted_Rage
YourNeighborsCat
Distorted_Rage
Oh crap this is going to end in a shitstorm.

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

I do not hate people because they're homosexual
I am 100% positive about my own sexuality
I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.
It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

"a man should be with another women"
Sir, we have the CIA's top cryptologists trying to decode what you just said. We also have a man standing in wait for your signature on a fat pay check commemorating your glorious contribution to human language. The check is to the sum of ONE GORILLION DOLLARS, because you make us so bananas.

On a serious note: You were told to adhere to a moral standard or burn in hell forever, not really what one would consider an 'opinion'.

Fair enough but before you turn into a complete smart a** please at least skim ALL of my posts
I deed. I deed. I read about these beliefs all of time. People seem very passionate about what is right or wrong; religious or not.

I'm going to play English teacher here and remind you that homophobia is defined the fear of homosexuality and/or people who identify as homosexuals. This means if you were to accidently see/think some gay s**t and feel your wiener twitch, and then become afraid, you'd be fearful of your own homosexuality and by definition a homophobe.

We're all a little gay sometimes.

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Quote:
Beyond your emotions which are somewhat valueless in life

Ah, ok. So you don't think homosexuality is "wrong" perse, you just don't consider it practical.
Question then. Shouldn't straight relationships be "wrong" too?

No. God ordained them to them to be and this would further our race.

Quote:
being with someone of the same sex means no reproduction and there would be no need for two genders. it's simply impractical.

Sex isn't a relationship. It's usually a part of one, sure. That does, however, answer my previous question.
Question. Does that mean someone who is sterile for whatever reason should not have a relationship? What about someone who's become paralyzed?

Someone who is sterile has no reason for a relationship. Maybe they should contribute to society in another way.

Furthermore, we have orphanages bloated with unwanted kids. Wouldn't allowing gay adoption create a BIG market for them that might help to reduce the number of kids in foster homes?
How's that for practical?

I never said anything about adoption. You're trying to make sound like a bad guy on grounds that were not there. Furthermore, adoption isn't something I agree with really. I'd like to have my own kids.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
Distorted_Rage
Does it make any sense to be with someone of the same sex? Beyond your emotions which are somewhat valueless in life it doesn't make sense. being with someone of the same sex means no reproduction and there would be no need for two genders. it's simply impractical.
I used to consider emotions near-valueless.

It was a pretty efficient way to become miserable.

What's your purpose in life? Would you be satisfied with your life if you lived a miserable life, but where you were very successful?

Distorted_Rage
No. God ordained them to them to be and this would further our race.
You've appeared to be pretty accepting in concept, just disagreeing with them.

Do you in any way expect gays do adhere to your teachings? Like do you think they should be banned from marrying?

Or do you keep your opinions to yourself, besides discussions like this?

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Distorted_Rage
Yeah I am trolling a bit. biggrin

Are you talking to me? Because your responses here seem to be directed at me, even though you (rather rudely) haven't quoted me.

And if you're trolling, I'm happy to report you smile

Quote:
I can think for myself but I have been molded in a certain way. You could likely talk like that to someone else but no I am not a puppet.

Then learn to think objectively for yourself and don't use "I was raised this way" as an excuse.

Quote:
Does it make any sense to be with someone of the same sex? Beyond your emotions which are somewhat valueless in life it doesn't make sense. being with someone of the same sex means no reproduction and there would be no need for two genders. it's simply impractical.

Ah, the old "fulfill your role in life and reproduce!!!"

So, it doesn't make sense for infertile (straight) people to bother looking for love or a partner?

Have you heard of overpopulation? Because that's a serious issue for our planet, making homosexual relationships serve a very valid purpose of not being designed with reproduction in mind.

Quote:
I don't expect you do anything different. Let the wicked do wicked but that doesn't mean say something.

Who gets to decide what wicked is?

Quote:
Well we're on one accord there

It's not hateful. I'm simply stating what I believe. I'm tolerant of homosexuality and just because I don't agree that it is Okay does not make it hateful.

Tolerant of something you believe (and are making public your belief) is wrong for merely existing? Excuse me, but that doesn't easily fit into my understanding of tolerance, unless you mean "suffers the existence of homosexuality".

Quote:
Worded that wrong. Basically I'm sure about my sexuality and my belief does not stem from worry of it.

Ah, you think your homophobia might lead to accusations of homosexuality denied? Well, potentially, but not from me.

Quote:
Ok I was shaky about saying that myself but it seems that disagreeing with homosexuality is hate and what is wanted is to oppress those who disagree.

Disagreeing with homosexuality isn't a thing - you can't disagree with someone being born blonde, or being born with blue eyes. You dislike them, hate them, whatever, but you aren't disagreeing with it - you want it to not exist, purely because it does, and that is, if not hateful, then awful and harmful, whether you're prepared to admit it or not.

Quote:
Again, my bad shitty wording. I think that the community that I'm in wants to shove this down our throats.

You can continue to hate gay people (lets call it what it is, shall we?) all you like. I do not care. Nothing is being shoved down your throat - you merely should not be allowed to discriminate against gay people on the basis that you do not like that they are gay. You can spout your opinion on the subject all you like, but its wrong, hateful, harmful, and discriminatory, and you should expect to have people dislike you for it.

Quote:
To I AM R U

Then quote me.
That does actually make you a bigot.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Fermionic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I AM R U
Fermionic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I enjoy him.
what reasons do you have for your supposed stance?

Your post sounded like you were anti-gay in general, but don't hate people who are in gay relationships?

My old roommate was Jewish, and I would describe my old roommate as bisexual/bicurious, having relationships with both genders and questioning whether or not to date exclusively men or women. My roommate though did not agree with gay marriage, because it isn't what God intended marriage to be. Many people of faith have compassion for people who have different sexual tendencies, and look past it. Calling my old roommate or people of faith who have compassion for homosexuals yet don't agree with gay marriage bigoted is really an unsupported stretch that is unjust stereotyping.

But I don't think you have these beliefs from a faith, you just do, which is messed up.
If God intended for everyone to be straight, why does he keep making gay people? And don't say that they can be gay but not act on it because that would mean that your god intentionally created gay people to be miserable. Do you believe in a benevolent god or not?
I like how you thought that you were taking a stand for some worthy cause when you posted this.
SuperWhoLock FEELS
If God intended for everyone to be straight, why does he keep making gay people? And don't say that they can be gay but not act on it because that would mean that your god intentionally created gay people to be miserable.

Or for them to learn to be satisfied without sex.
Lucky~9~Lives
SuperWhoLock FEELS
If God intended for everyone to be straight, why does he keep making gay people? And don't say that they can be gay but not act on it because that would mean that your god intentionally created gay people to be miserable.

And why the hell should they have to? Why should gay people be restricted from something others get to experience? Besides, sex is a normal, healthy human urge. The vast majority of humans have a sex drive. Didn't god design it that way? If we as a species are not supposed to have pleasure sex, why do most of us want it so much? And if sex is only for reproduction, why do post menopausal women want it? Why do sterile people want it? If god intended for sex to only be about furthering the human race, wouldn't people who can't reproduce stop wanting it?
SuperWhoLock FEELS
Lucky~9~Lives
SuperWhoLock FEELS

And why the hell should they have to? Why should gay people be restricted from something others get to experience?

If God intended for everyone to experience the same things, why does he keep making more people?
SuperWhoLock FEELS
And why the hell should they have to?

People require the ability to restrain themselves and resist their urges. Like anything else, if you don't use it, you lose it.

SuperWhoLock FEELS
Why should gay people be restricted from something others get to experience?

We all have our crosses to bare. Besides, they can still have sex with women. Physical pleasure doesn't disappear because you're not having sex with someone you're attracted to.

SuperWhoLock FEELS
Besides, sex is a normal, healthy human urge. The vast majority of humans have a sex drive. Didn't god design it that way?

He had some input from the devil.

SuperWhoLock FEELS
If we as a species are not supposed to have pleasure sex, why do most of us want it so much?

Like, how much, exactly? Cause I can go for years without looking at another person, let alone having sex with them.

SuperWhoLock FEELS
And if sex is only for reproduction, why do post menopausal women want it? Why do sterile people want it? If god intended for sex to only be about furthering the human race, wouldn't people who can't reproduce stop wanting it?

Life is a test, bro.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces