Welcome to Gaia! ::

oh hey gurl y u no wanna talk to me is it bc im ugly?

yes. 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 > >>

Aged Humorist

Hey, some of those guys seemed like they were just being nice. Like the dudes right at the beginning, sitting in the chairs. If I say 'how are you' to someone, I'm not actively trying to put my p***s in them.

Given that I also don't follow them for five minutes or walk behind them saying stuff, but you know. It's sort of depressing when you say hello to someone on the street and they act all offended.

Dabbler

The way it is presented bothers me. Typical "this happening at all doesn't speak for itself, so let's inflate the numbers and make it clickbait!"
Lifeinsteps
Hey, some of those guys seemed like they were just being nice. Like the dudes right at the beginning, sitting in the chairs. If I say 'how are you' to someone, I'm not actively trying to put my p***s in them.

Given that I also don't follow them for five minutes or walk behind them saying stuff, but you know. It's sort of depressing when you say hello to someone on the street and they act all offended.

I said this in the OP too, most of them are fine, I specifically stated the times in the video to the particularly offensive ones. I have no issues with "how are you" and stuff like that, I just take it as a kind gesture. I like it when people are kind to me.

Aged Humorist

The Ice Dervish
Lifeinsteps

I said this in the OP too, most of them are fine, I specifically stated the times in the video to the particularly offensive ones. I have no issues with "how are you" and stuff like that, I just take it as a kind gesture. I like it when people are kind to me.

Oh. I sort of just read the thread title and clicked on the video. Oopsie.
Lifeinsteps
The Ice Dervish
Lifeinsteps

Oh. I sort of just read the thread title and clicked on the video. Oopsie.

It's cool man, no issues here.
Should people have to endure creepy comments and whatnot? Hell no.

Men's instinct being used as an excuse to harass people/victim blaming? Bullshit. That's insulting to men more than anything. Not all men a giant creepy assholes.

Do you think that people who are upset by this are too sensitive? Or that this is a real issue. This is a ******** real issue and anyone who doesn't think so should find a woman they loves (mom, sister, friend, partner, whatever) and ask if they have ever felt uncomfortable or unsafe after a man made comments about their body. I can almost guarantee every single woman will have at least one story. When I was riding the train by myself to commute to work it happened to me at least once a week. Once a week some man made me feel threatened and uncomfortable because he's a giant douche nozzle who feels entitled to my body.

I do see some people pointing out that not all the comment are rude. I think that's a fair assessment. I don't mind a stranger telling me to have a good evening or something else. I had a guy once tell me I looked nice that evening, and it was not at all creepy. I had another man strike up a conversation when I arrived at my subway platform by telling me the train I was waiting on had just left, then offered me a seat, reminded me I should keep my bag close to me, and then ask if I was single before boarding his own train. There's a way to give a girl a compliment without being a huge creepazoid.
As long as it's polite and respectful like a simple "hi" or "good morning/afternoon/evening," then it's fine.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
Romeigh
Men can control themselves and saying they can't help but to harass women on the street because it's their instinct to (when they see an attractive woman) is of course an excuse and a stupid one.

Who said that?

Angelic Friend

Roy Cura
Romeigh
Men can control themselves and saying they can't help but to harass women on the street because it's their instinct to (when they see an attractive woman) is of course an excuse and a stupid one.

Who said that?

I was making reference to the OP's original question about how I feel about people excusing cat-calls as just a man's natural instinct when he sees an attractive woman. If you're asking who says it's a man's natural instinct, just look at the Youtube comments for that video.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
Romeigh
Roy Cura
Romeigh

Who said that?

I was making reference to the OP's original question about how I feel about people excusing cat-calls as just a man's natural instinct when he sees an attractive woman. If you're asking who says it's a man's natural instinct, just look at the Youtube comments for that video.

I just loaded the page, hit CTRL+F, and searched a few keywords (e.g., instinct, nature, natural). I didn’t really find anything. Am I going to have to expand a lot of the discussions and hit “Show More Comments” a few times? If so, then I’ll just take you at your word, because it’s not worth the time or the effort to sift through YouTube comments.
yeah i just saw this the other day as well. let me just say that i've never been catcalled or harassed.....well no, i guess i have been maybe a few times. but it was usually by people i already knew i think? idk i hardly ever get spoken to by strangers in public at all is my point.

and also i don't think most of what they said was that offensive. it just looks like nyc is a really friendly place tbh

anyways

i know he walked with her for 5 mins, but it may have just been coincidental like they were going the same direction

and i don't think "god bless you mama" is creepy. i just don't like to assume people are saying something sexual. i think it's possible to compliment a person on their looks w/o it being harassment or not even that, but some people will say god bless @ others when they are carrying a heavy load or idk...

i thought the guy yelling at her to smile was rude. esp after they paid her a compliment and obv she wasn't in the mood then he told her to smile...that was rude imo

>Do you think that people who are upset by this are too sensitive? Or that this is a real issue.

some of both.
Miragen
she knows it considering the way she is dressed.

it's like you manage to get dumber with every post you make
When Words Collide

i wonder if those females were the only females that 'harassed' him

seems that males do this more than females

...now i wonder who's more likely to tailgate: males or females evil

Angelic Friend

Roy Cura
Romeigh
Roy Cura
Romeigh

Who said that?

I just loaded the page, hit CTRL+F, and searched a few keywords (e.g., instinct, nature, natural). I didn’t really find anything. Am I going to have to expand a lot of the discussions and hit “Show More Comments” a few times? If so, then I’ll just take you at your word, because it’s not worth the time or the effort to sift through YouTube comments.

Uh, really?
Maybe you need to reread the OP's post.
One of the questions asks people's opinions on when people think it is a man's instinct to cat-call women on the street. My opinion is that it is just an excuse, and a stupid one at that.
Do I really need to expand any further? Lol. User Image

And yeah, I looked at the Youtube video and I did see people excusing it as something men just do, that women should feel flattered by it. And that's bullshit.
Even if you can't see the comments yourself, I can assure you there are people out there who think this is just something men do. I've encountered them myself in person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff