Welcome to Gaia! ::

oh hey gurl y u no wanna talk to me is it bc im ugly?

yes. 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24 > >>

This name is already
Posties The Artificer

EDIT: If you do anything but admit you're wrong, then I'm not reading. (It doesn't even matter if you admit it or not, I already proved you wrong. It's just to see if you're not a complete retard.)

User Image

checking out all the invalid statements

"ur either a complete retard or you agree with me" wonderful argumentation. just throwing down "I won"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

Also, that form of argumentation isn't particularly wrong. I actually did refute everything you said, and all you had to say was the straw man and argument from ignorance "ur either a complete retard or you agree with me". So you took the road of being a complete retard, and not admitting that ad hominem is a weak form of argument, and that your moot points weren't even relevant. Nice, facts are facts, regardless if you acknowledge them or not.
This name is already
Posties The Artificer
Now let's mark out what isn't relevant.

Ad hominem isn't good for arguing, and you don't know what's best for any movement.
How do I know that? Because, based off inference from your method of getting to a conclusion. You didn't inquire, you raised conflict, your arguments consist of motive appeals and ad hominem of every type.[/strike] Overall, your arguments are weak, and your conclusion doesn't even support what you said because there's a god damn disconnect.

then I will do the same for you. I'll give you a chance posties hold in the austim for a bit eh?

insults are not ad hom when I apply some communication or ideas with them on the topic. its my style I agree though it could put them on the defensive but I'm not expecting much good faith debate wise on her side.

oh wait there's nothing of value left in your post.Here's your fallacies of the day;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
Quote:
insults are not ad hom when I apply some communication or ideas with them on the topic.
No actually, you weren't using the to emphasize. You transgressed character. Are you done with the kettle logic? That's a rhetorical question.

Also;
Quote:

oh wait there's nothing of value left in your post.
Except, you know the explanation that makes what I previously said not beg the question. neutral
Regardless, even if one does assume that the part you marked out is not valuable, then "oh wait there's nothing of value left in your post. " isn't supported because "
Ad hominem isn't good for arguing" is valuable. Sorry, you lost another argument.
Check here for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule
Quote:
but I'm not expecting much good faith debate wise on her side.
You really are a complete retard. You're presupposing the objectivity of what you're already going to say, by taking a moral high ground. The fact of the matter is, you don't know what qualifies as a proper argument in any logical system, and it's better to let people assume you're stupid, then open your mouth and remove all doubt. (Which is too late, you do this whenever you try and make a proper argument, and everyone but other stupid people already know you're stupid.)
postiestheautistic
Posties The Artificer
This name is already
Posties The Artificer

EDIT: If you do anything but admit you're wrong, then I'm not reading. (It doesn't even matter if you admit it or not, I already proved you wrong. It's just to see if you're not a complete retard.)

User Image

checking out all the invalid statements

"ur either a complete retard or you agree with me" wonderful argumentation. just throwing down "I won"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

Also, that form of argumentation isn't particularly wrong. I actually did refute everything you said, and all you had to say was the straw man and argument from ignorance "ur either a complete retard or you agree with me". So you took the road of being a complete retard, and not admitting that ad hominem is a weak form of argument, and that your moot points weren't even relevant. Nice, facts are facts, regardless if you acknowledge them or not.

never said it wasn't so I'm not even arguing in that conversation you imply since i'm the enemy I'm taking the other side. I've just insulted the other person and say "don't use corpses to further your agenda." and my point in that conversation is that these deaths and rapes would have happened regardless if cat calling would have occurred some cases could have however lead to a conflict resulting in one of the other but I think this type of person is already predisposed to violence. just an assumption. not sure the motives of the other groups, could just be ******** stupid. had to make a new account try to act fast with the replies.
Yeah, I'm not reading that until you quote what you're referring to. Otherwise, I stick to the facts that have proven me right, and you wrong.

PS: If you haven't noticed, our experience always consist of you saying something wrong. Me calling it out, you then making further fallacious arguments filled with ad hominem. Then you not acknowledging them, then begging the question, and continuing to make fallacious arguments amounting to kettle logic.

Celebrating Reveler

What this lady went through is gross and uncalled for, poor girl emotion_8c
Those men absolutely do need to reform and learn what harassment really is, it would feel so unnerving to walk somewhere and deal with that.

I've noticed something personally though, I've barely ever had this happen to me my entire life. I hear girls talking about it all the time, they hate being catcalled and this and that. But men never do this to me. I'm overweight, could that be why? Is it because I live in Canada, or maybe I look really young? I just don't know.

It feels like I can't really relate, because getting catcalled on the street just isn't a problem for me. I empathize for girls like the one in the video here, of course, I just don't know what it feels like. It's a weird feeling. sweatdrop
sitting cow
Miragen
she knows it considering the way she is dressed.

it's like you manage to get dumber with every post you make

And you are?

Spoopy Kitten

If i see this thing one more flipping time, holy hell stressed Here are things i posted in response to it on facebook. Part of it is a conversation, and i took the other girls responses out so youll only read mine

"Hell, i cant believe this is showing up in my feed again. She wasnt harassed in the video. Most of those were compliments, and the rest was just douchey comments. The stalking was creepy, but that was about it. Femnazis need to get over themselves. If there were rape threats, they shouldve put it in the video, because at this point, im not believing it"

"Calling someone beautiful or telling them to smile isnt harassment though... I agree some of those comments are bad, but most of them were just compliments in this video. Id also like to point out that they walked for 10 hours and only got 2 minutes worth of anything useful..."

"I would get in trouble for harassment often then, as i day dream by staring off into no where and sometimes it looks like im starring at someone, when im not. Some of them were persistent, yes, but most of them werent. People call me sweetie all the time, but its never in an offensive tone in my opinion. You also cant assume all of those guys have done it to any more females than her. Its rude to assume something of someone you have no knowledge about, other than what youve seen in this video. No one would have to be hit on unwantedly, but it does happen. Its up to you to shut it down after its happened. If it keeps happening after that, then leave, ignore it, or go to the cops if its bad enough. Its also rude she didnt say thank you for calling her beautiful, but he didnt have to call her out on it"

"I never said she had to thank him, i just said it was rude she didnt, as it was rude he called her out on it. But you are still assuming, with no proof. If i hit on someone, they ignore me, and i dont push farther than the one comment i made, i shouldnt be labeled as a creep and no one should assume ive hit on many people because of one compliment. If a guy should never hit on a girl, then a girl should never hit on a guy. How would be know who likes them? If someone doesnt like being hit on, they can do as i said before. Shut it down, leave, tell them you dont like it, or go to the cops if it gets bad enough. I am aware it was a silent walk through - that was obvious to say the least. I dont even see why you brought that up"

" I agree with the headphones and such. If someone is obviously ignoring everyone around, they shouldnt be bothered and itd be rude to bother them. However, body language is also different for different people. Me just being in public, im anxious and nervous about nearly everything. But even though my body language might say "please dont bother me", i love when people talk to me first. Rude comments, such as "DAAAAMN" i shut down so fast then leave. But nice comments such as, "Smile more often" i smile to. Even though i seem scared, ill always accept a nice compliment as theres no reason for me not to. If they start pushing after that compliment though, ill shut it down/walk away. The thing is, everyone is different. To tell guys "NEVER DO THIS, I DONT LIKE IT" is terrible. Someone on the other side might be like, "Please do this; i really enjoy it." Some people like it while others dont - and thats ok. Stand up for yourself and shut it down if you dont like it, because chances are, someone else might and the commentor/complimentor didnt know. Again, not talking about the rude comments, but the respectful compliments"

"I agree they need to be respectful, but in the video there were still a lot of respectful comments. Her body language wasnt, to me atleast, saying "dont talk to me" until she didnt respond to any of them, and most of them responded in silence as well as she walked away. Thats a good thing. Thats not harassment at all. Thats someone taking a chance and backing down when needed. There was much more of that happening in the video, than harassment. Stalking is harassment. Telling her what to do is harassment. Saying more after shes ignored them is harassment. But "good evening ma'am" is not even close to harassment. Its a friendly respectful gesture. You also cant really say a few bad apple spoil the bunch at all. That would be like me saying "ive personally met a lot females who have cheated on their partner, so all females i know are cheaters because a few of them were." Its false on every level and its sexist"

TL;DR
- Not even 2 minutes worth of video evidence after 10 hours of filming
- Claiming rape threats were also said, after the filming, even though none were in the video is completely BS. I doubt anyone really threatened that to her, or else why not put it in the video
- "Have a night evening" is not hitting on someone or cat calling anyone
- Stalking was the only creepy part of the video
- "DAAAMN" was one of the only rude comments in the video
- Calm yo tits; not everyone wants to hurt you, damn
This Is NoMercy
SamaSenseiSenpai

This is more feminist "MY LIFE SO HARD CUZ I GET COMPLIMENTS ALL DAY!!!!" bullshit. You are privileged as a woman in this society. Why the ******** are there no "white male" rights groups or movements going on? We get the s**t kicked out of us socially, and physically. No one says a word. A woman gets a few compliments because she looks like a d**k-hunter, and now there are all these sympathizers?!? Are you serious?

In San Francisco last year, a man stabbed a woman in the face and arm after she didn’t respond positively to his sexually harassing her on the street. .

In Bradenton, Fla., a man shot a high school senior to death after she and her friends refused to perform oral sex at his request.

In Chicago, a scared 15-year-old was hit by a car and died after she tried escaping from harassers on a bus.

Again, in Chicago, a man grabbed a 19-year-old walking on a public thoroughfare, pulled her onto a gangway and assaulted her.

In Savannah, Georgia, a woman was walking alone at night and three men approached her. She ignored them, but they pushed her to the ground and sexually assaulted her.

In Manhattan, a 29-year-old pregnant woman was killed when men catcalling from a van drove onto the sidewalk and hit her and her friend.

Last week, a runner in California — a woman — was stopped and asked, by a strange man in a car, if she wanted a ride. When she declined he ran her over twice.”

People are so up in arms over it because catcalling can literally lead to murder and/or rape.
It's not a damn compliment genius.
emotion_eyebrow
Catcalling is made to make person targeted feel violated, uncomfortable, or threatened.
Quit derailing the thread and jacking off the men's right movement and stop downplaying actual important issues.

I'm sure catcalling leads to murder, not the fact that these guys are total psychos.
And you pulled up a few artictles from the same feminist ( which means it's irrelevant ).

And i'm not saying it doesn't happen, problem is that ALL men get accused because of this even though it's a very small amount of guys who are actually doing it to a problematic degree, which basicly means men stop giving a ******** if they get accused of everything that some guy, somewhere, at some point did.

And as a guy you aren't save from such guys, they just stand around waiting for people to beat up.
Every week here there are guys that get beaten into the hospital for no other reason as being an easy target and the wrong place at the wrong time.

But ofcourse, the same guys complimenting your a** is the bigger problem.

Demonic Ally

I don't know if I've replied to this thread yet or not, but my opinions are as such

Catcalling isn't good or bad, and it's been around forever, and it's not going away.
Just ignore it and focus on some real issues in the world, like people ******** starving to death.
Brain Weasels
I don't know if I've replied to this thread yet or not, but my opinions are as such

Catcalling isn't good or bad, and it's been around forever, and it's not going away.
Just ignore it and focus on some real issues in the world, like people ******** starving to death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_relative_privation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition
Homie....tradition isn't grounds for keeping something, and just because there's other issues, doesn't mean you get to discount ones you've deemed to be less important. Issue = Issue, regardless of severity.

Sugary Cat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Found this on 9gag, describes my feelings on this perfectly. Whistling and hollering isn't okay, but she was called beautiful. Whenever a stranger on the street would call me beautiful, I'd be flattered. But oh well, that's America I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff