Welcome to Gaia! ::

oh hey gurl y u no wanna talk to me is it bc im ugly?

yes. 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 >

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Wigwam the Dodo
Marquessa_De_Sade
Wigwam the Dodo
Marquessa_De_Sade
I have to ask...after reading some very valid points about how wrong it is to cat call woman...why then, in these same forums, you see people thinking it is ok to cat call(negatively) large people?
That seems to be ok to do, but not to cat call a woman and call her things.

I find this double standard very disturbing.
In my defense I think neither is wrong.
But I'm a dodo I don't catcall anyone.

I might squawk at you if you lookin' fine but noone ever claims squawking is problematic so I'mma keep at it.
I just have to say that this has caused me to have fits of giggles now for awhile. I keep seeing in my head this dodo giving the "oh yea baby" eye and squawking. It just gives me the giggles to no end.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Treasure the memory
Getting just this made took calling a couple favours
I am not well venerated
rofl rofl BRILLIANT!

Fuzzy Member

Marquessa_De_Sade
Wigwam the Dodo
Marquessa_De_Sade
Wigwam the Dodo
Marquessa_De_Sade
I have to ask...after reading some very valid points about how wrong it is to cat call woman...why then, in these same forums, you see people thinking it is ok to cat call(negatively) large people?

In my defense I think neither is wrong.
But I'm a dodo I don't catcall anyone.

I might squawk at you if you lookin' fine but noone ever claims squawking is problematic so I'mma keep at it.
I just have to say that this has caused me to have fits of giggles now for awhile. I keep seeing in my head this dodo giving the "oh yea baby" eye and squawking. It just gives me the giggles to no end.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Treasure the memory
Getting just this made took calling a couple favours
I am not well venerated
rofl rofl BRILLIANT!

I'll have to pass on the gratitude
The guy doesn't like to be associated with gaia

geeiwonderwhy.jpg
Yes this is a problem, no it isn't harmless. I was the type of person who developed breasts early, like around 13. I was a 13 year old that could pass for an 18 year old. (Now im a 21 year old that looks like an 18 year old LOL). Anyways at that age, I experienced men catcalling me and harassing me even when dressing conservatively like a typical 13 year old all the time. A child shouldn't have to experience that. Thankfully my parents were there to educate me on how that isn't okay, and to shrug off the creeps. But what about young girls who don't have that kind of guidance? How is that okay to sexualize young woman starting from such a young age? Catcalling is teaching women they are objects to be gawked at. Its like what we do to animals at the zoo. Most girls I know have experienced catcalling since they were teenagers since its hard to tell teenagers from adults a lot of the time, and sine the catcallers probably don't care WHO they are catcalling anyways.

Now that I am an adult, I can laugh it off when creeps catcall me. But that doesn't mean its okay....they don't know who they are catcalling, whether they have had traumatic experiences in the past, whether they are underaged impressionable young girls that are getting the message they are nothing more than an object to be gawked at. So awareness needs to be spread to try and stop this so that every single girl doesn't experience catcalling. Its not harmless, its damaging especially since you can't guarantee that 21 year old looking "hottie" is really not 16.
Marquessa_De_Sade

What? The ******** its not okay to cat call large people either? Both are wrong. I'm not sure who you are talking about, but I assume most people against catcalling would also be against bullying fat people like that too.
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl

You don't even know what trolling is

Considering the fact you didn't actually address my posts, and went off on some irrelevant tangent the first time, and this time didn't even bother with that, strongly supports my conclusion that you are a troll.
You're not only incorrect but still ignorant on what trolling is

If I wasn't right you would not continue trying to derail the topic with irrelevant information and with making things up that aren't even there.

Quote:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Telling someone to suck your c**k is a deliberate act of trying to stir up trouble. Making up things in people's posts and calling it BS is a deliberate act of trying to stir up trouble. Add to that the disruption of the topic by making things up in order to stir up trouble, yes you have given plenty of reason for someone to think you're a troll.

Now, to be on topic myself, I can see how in some people's view catcalling is demeaning, but it seems like many assume that all women think that way and that all men who do it are doing it for the sole purpose of demeaning the woman. They ignore cultural differences that could lead to misunderstanding of the way people act and react.
Le Soleil Brille
Yes this is a problem, no it isn't harmless.

You really shouldn't make sweeping generalizations. Whistling st someone is not harmful to them in any way.

Le Soleil Brille
I was the type of person who developed breasts early, like around 13. I was a 13 year old that could pass for an 18 year old. (Now im a 21 year old that looks like an 18 year old LOL).

Thirteen isn't really early, that's the average time a girl starts developing breasts. I was wearing a bra at eleven. Now that's starting early.

Le Soleil Brille
Anyways at that age, I experienced men catcalling me and harassing me even when dressing conservatively like a typical 13 year old all the time. A child shouldn't have to experience that.

While I agree with this, you may think that you were dressing to look like a 'child' but that doesn't mean you presented that image and people can only base their thoughts on what they see. Was it right for that to happen? Certainly not. But i do hope you aren't implying those men knew you were underage.

Le Soleil Brille
Thankfully my parents were there to educate me on how that isn't okay, and to shrug off the creeps. But what about young girls who don't have that kind of guidance? How is that okay to sexualize young woman starting from such a young age?

Not every man sees whistling at a female or complimenting her appearance as sexualizing. A lot of men assume if a woman in waltzing around town dressed up to show off her appearance, she must be doing it to get compliments.

Le Soleil Brille
Catcalling is teaching women they are objects to be gawked at. Its like what we do to animals at the zoo. Most girls I know have experienced catcalling since they were teenagers since its hard to tell teenagers from adults a lot of the time, and sine the catcallers probably don't care WHO they are catcalling anyways.

I'd have to disagree about the not caring part. If they assume you're an adult they're going to think they're complimenting an adult. You don't hear them doing that to say a ten year old in a skirt, after all.

Women do it to men too. Its not exclusive to it happening to women.

Le Soleil Brille
Now that I am an adult, I can laugh it off when creeps catcall me. But that doesn't mean its okay....they don't know who they are catcalling, whether they have had traumatic experiences in the past, whether they are underaged impressionable young girls that are getting the message they are nothing more than an object to be gawked at. So awareness needs to be spread to try and stop this so that every single girl doesn't experience catcalling. Its not harmless, its damaging especially since you can't guarantee that 21 year old looking "hottie" is really not 16.

How is it damaging? Sure the more vulgar ones could be, but if someone whistling or saying hi beautiful is damaging to you... you need some serious help.

Besides, you need to take cultural differences into account. In the lain culture, its expected for men to comment on women, its part of machismo. It shows that you're a man and that you acknowledge that a female is attractive.
MercurysJosiegirl
Le Soleil Brille

You really shouldn't make sweeping generalizations. Whistling st someone is not harmful to them in any way.

Le Soleil Brille
I was the type of person who developed breasts early, like around 13. I was a 13 year old that could pass for an 18 year old. (Now im a 21 year old that looks like an 18 year old LOL).

Thirteen isn't really early, that's the average time a girl starts developing breasts. I was wearing a bra at eleven. Now that's starting early.

Le Soleil Brille
Anyways at that age, I experienced men catcalling me and harassing me even when dressing conservatively like a typical 13 year old all the time. A child shouldn't have to experience that.

While I agree with this, you may think that you were dressing to look like a 'child' but that doesn't mean you presented that image and people can only base their thoughts on what they see. Was it right for that to happen? Certainly not. But i do hope you aren't implying those men knew you were underage.

Le Soleil Brille
Thankfully my parents were there to educate me on how that isn't okay, and to shrug off the creeps. But what about young girls who don't have that kind of guidance? How is that okay to sexualize young woman starting from such a young age?

Not every man sees whistling at a female or complimenting her appearance as sexualizing. A lot of men assume if a woman in waltzing around town dressed up to show off her appearance, she must be doing it to get compliments.

Le Soleil Brille
Catcalling is teaching women they are objects to be gawked at. Its like what we do to animals at the zoo. Most girls I know have experienced catcalling since they were teenagers since its hard to tell teenagers from adults a lot of the time, and sine the catcallers probably don't care WHO they are catcalling anyways.

I'd have to disagree about the not caring part. If they assume you're an adult they're going to think they're complimenting an adult. You don't hear them doing that to say a ten year old in a skirt, after all.

Le Soleil Brille

How is it damaging? Sure the more vulgar ones could be, but if someone whistling or saying hi beautiful is damaging to you... you need some serious help.

Besides, you need to take cultural differences into account. In the lain culture, its expected for men to comment on women, its part of machismo. It shows that you're a man and that you acknowledge that a female is attractive.
Um no, they should not assume I am an adult when I am not. THEY are the ones talking to ME so it is THEIR responsibility. In cases of statutory rape, the "well I didn't know she was 18" is not an excuse to get you out of jail and if you used that the judge and the court would laugh you out of the courtroom and into the jail cell. Same here. If you don't think it is sick for it to be okay for people to catcall 13 year old girls, even if they think she is 18, then there is something wrong with you.

Also as I said, at 21 I can laugh off hi beautiful as some creep trying to get in my pants. But an innocent 13 year old is a different story, and they would think "oh well even though i'm too young for this, people keep sexualizing me so being sexualized must be a good thing if I am getting attention for it"

Also LOL if you think whistling at a girl is NOT sexualizing her. Yes it is. A straight guy acknowledging you are pretty = sexualizing. You don't see gay guys whistling at pretty girls just because they are pretty and dressed nice. Also I have dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and have been whistled at.
Le Soleil Brille
MercurysJosiegirl
Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Um no, they should not assume I am an adult when I am not. THEY are the ones talking to ME so it is THEIR responsibility. In cases of statutory rape, the "well I didn't know she was 18" is not an excuse to get you out of jail and if you used that the judge and the court would laugh you out of the courtroom and into the jail cell. Same here. If you don't think it is sick for it to be okay for people to catcall 13 year old girls, even if they think she is 18, then there is something wrong with you.

Also as I said, at 21 I can laugh off hi beautiful as some creep trying to get in my pants. But an innocent 13 year old is a different story, and they would think "oh well even though i'm too young for this, people keep sexualizing me so being sexualized must be a good thing if I am getting attention for it"

Also LOL if you think whistling at a girl is NOT sexualizing her. Yes it is. A straight guy acknowledging you are pretty = sexualizing. You don't see gay guys whistling at pretty girls just because they are pretty and dressed nice. Also I have dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and have been whistled at.

I agree with what u said but not at the part about complimenting someone is pretty... That is a little too overboard. I tell my sister and mother that they are pretty when they ask me how they look before they go out, im definitely not sexualizing them... That is sick...
MrLife
Le Soleil Brille
MercurysJosiegirl
Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

I agree with what u said but not at the part about complimenting someone is pretty... That is a little too overboard. I tell my sister and mother that they are pretty when they ask me how they look before they go out, im definitely not sexualizing them... That is sick...
Yeah I meant people on the streets calling you pretty. But yeah I guess you are right just the compliment in itself isn't sexualizing, but when it is said by catcallers shouting it at you on the streets then it is.
Le Soleil Brille
MrLife
Le Soleil Brille
MercurysJosiegirl
Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Yeah I meant people on the streets calling you pretty. But yeah I guess you are right just the compliment in itself isn't sexualizing, but when it is said by catcallers shouting it at you on the streets then it is.

Yeah, i would be pissed if someone catcalled my sister.
Le Soleil Brille
MercurysJosiegirl
Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

Le Soleil Brille

First, they're not talking to you, they're talking at you. Here's a novel idea; tell them Hey, I'm only X age. Chances are they're going to stop. Unless they're a pervert. People cannot just assume someone who looks eighteen isn't eighteen. Why? Because one can never tell and if one person deliberately hides their age, such as in cases of having sex with a minor (I detest the 'rape' added to that because consensus sex is not rape), then both parties are at fault, the adult for not verifying age and the minor for deliberately hiding it or lying about it. Our laws need to change to reflect that but we still have this delusion that a 16 year old cannot make decisions regarding sex or skipping school, but is mature enough to make medical decisions. When I was sixteen I sure as hell knew what I was doing when I decided to ********.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my girl and you should watch your mouth, child. If a person appears to be an adult, unless that person corrects the misunderstanding, then the one whistling or catcalling assumes the object of their catcall is an adult. That is on the teenager who chooses to not say 'hey, I'm just a kid'. If you were so naive, so sheltered, and so out of touch with the world at 13 you didn't know how to speak up then the fault there lies with your parents for keeping you that sheltered and ignorant. When I was 16 I had a 22 year old ask me out. She thought I was 18. Had I lied or not told her the truth about my age, it would have been on me, not on her, because I was the deceitful one. As it was I informed her of my age, she apologized, said she felt bad because she thought I was older, and to this day we are friends. I wasn't sheltered, I was taught to be honest and open with people, and to speak up for myself.

Le Soleil Brille
Also as I said, at 21 I can laugh off hi beautiful as some creep trying to get in my pants.

Or, you know, he's just complimenting you. You really have been warped if you think every comment immediately means they're a creep wanting to get in your pants.

Le Soleil Brille
But an innocent 13 year old is a different story, and they would think "oh well even though i'm too young for this, people keep sexualizing me so being sexualized must be a good thing if I am getting attention for it"

The only 13 year olds that ignorant are those extremely sheltered, who have never interacted a single time with anyone their own age. They're not going to think 'Wah I'm being sexualized'. They're far more likely to wonder why they're doing it, or brush it off. the only ones who don't are those extremely sheltered from the real world. I'm sorry your parents warped you so much that at 13 you were ignorant about the real world. I guess not everyone is blessed with parents who don't treat their children like fragile china dolls.

Le Soleil Brille
Also LOL if you think whistling at a girl is NOT sexualizing her. Yes it is.

You saying it doesn't make it true.

Le Soleil Brille
A straight guy acknowledging you are pretty = sexualizing.

Only in your warped little mind.

Le Soleil Brille
You don't see gay guys whistling at pretty girls just because they are pretty and dressed nice. Also I have dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and have been whistled at.

*snorts* You haven't met many gay men then, girl. I happen to know a plethora and yes, they will whistle. I've even had quite a few say things like 'Damn girl, that outfit is hot'. I've been told I was gorgeous, sexy, been called a sex kitten, but you see, unlike you fragile china dolls, I'm an adult who actually was raised properly. I wasn't sheltered and made to think that every single male out there is a creep waiting to attack us poor widdle women. Its this stereotype that all men are creeps, all men are perverts, all men are just sex crazed animals waiting to pounce on you, that keeps this cycle of 'Oh noes, I'm being sexualized because someone whistled' going. No. AS whistle doesn't mean you're being sexuaized. Saying "Hey baby, why don't we go find a corner and I can show you a good time' is sexualizing.
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl

No, you just decided to falsely accuse trolling because you can't quite comprehend, for reasons I don't know, the nature of your opposition. And it's not even YOUR opposition. You're uptight and you're trying to call out insignificant details like you can hold up a piece of paper and delcare "LOOK! LOOK! BAD THING! I AM RIGHT CAUSE YOU SAID BAD THING!"

You're wilfully ignorant and still lack a fundamental understand of what trolling is. You have it's definition yet are unable to correctly apply it, and want to simply label whatever you don't like under it's name so you can disregard it in a display of wanton ignorance.

I am a godsdamned dode bird you feckless halfwit I am not so easily intimidated

You are just reinforcing that you're a troll. And my girl isn't responding to you because I have told her to not waste her time on someone too dense to even comprehend what they read in the first place, someone who made s**t up because the statements that you claimed were made, weren't. You're a troll. Your final sentence is solid proof. You just have your panties in a wad because she didn't play your game.

By the way, you should see a psychiatrist for your mental problem. You're a human being, not an extinct bird. You should seek help for that psychosis.

Fuzzy Member

Queen of Mercury
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl

No, you just decided to falsely accuse trolling because you can't quite comprehend, for reasons I don't know, the nature of your opposition. And it's not even YOUR opposition. You're uptight and you're trying to call out insignificant details like you can hold up a piece of paper and delcare "LOOK! LOOK! BAD THING! I AM RIGHT CAUSE YOU SAID BAD THING!"

You're wilfully ignorant and still lack a fundamental understand of what trolling is. You have it's definition yet are unable to correctly apply it, and want to simply label whatever you don't like under it's name so you can disregard it in a display of wanton ignorance.

I am a godsdamned dode bird you feckless halfwit I am not so easily intimidated

You are just reinforcing that you're a troll. And my girl isn't responding to you because I have told her to not waste her time on someone too dense to even comprehend what they read in the first place, someone who made s**t up because the statements that you claimed were made, weren't. You're a troll. Your final sentence is solid proof. You just have your panties in a wad because she didn't play your game.

By the way, you should see a psychiatrist for your mental problem. You're a human being, not an extinct bird. You should seek help for that psychosis.
Does nobody know what trolling means?
Like has nobody managed to figure it out here?

It doesn't mean someone you disagree with dusty-knuckles. Figure it out.
Squawk

Anxious Lunatic

Should people have to endure creepy comments and whatnot?
No.
Men's instinct being used as an excuse to harass people/victim blaming?
Nope nope nope.
Do you think that people who are upset by this are too sensitive? Or that this is a real issue.
I think that catcalling and this kind of harassment is a huge issue. It doesn't matter if the girl is fat, thin, short, tall, or of any race--it's a constant and it's sick and disgusting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff