Welcome to Gaia! ::

oh hey gurl y u no wanna talk to me is it bc im ugly?

yes. 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24

It is not a crime to greet and compliment people you find attractive. If you think the person is harassing you, or if you are being stalk, there are legal actions you can take to stop those individuals. You could also try confronting those who approach you or regularly calls you out. You could simply say "no" or "stop", or let them know that you don't like the attention.

You should also dress appropriately at public settings. If you are fully aware that certain type of clothing will attract unwanted attention at public places that you cannot avoid, why insist to wear or not cover the clothing?

This video only provoke people into generalizing men.
I feel like I'm on both sides of the discussion. I don't find cat calling sexual harassment, more just annoying. I tend to roll my eyes at women who say their afraid to come out of their house because of a verbal incident. Let these things thicken your skin. However, women don't leave their house to be part of uncalled for attention. They don't go to work or go grocery shopping to be on a runway for guys who don't know how to talk to women. Saying hello to a woman, telling her to have a nice day-isn't harassment. Guys shouting things at woman thinking it's a compliment; creepy, but not harassment. But when the guy follows the woman, that's really alarming and I would be very freaked out by that.

I myself haven't been catcalled as far as I'm aware of. I'm hearing impaired, so I wouldn't really know. When I'm in public and I hear people shout or whistle I just assume they're doing it to somebody else. I don't know if someone is talking to me unless they're looking at me. I think the only instance that I can think of that could have led to sexual harassment was this time four years ago when I was coming back from a cafe at night and was heading to the tube station and this indian guy was unchaining his bike from a pole and started riding his bike down the street beside me as the speed I was walking. He had a really heavy accent and couldn't make out much of what he was saying but him following me was freaking me out really bad and I told him to please go away. He tried to reach out and grab me and I yelled for him to ******** off and by that time I was feet away from the tube entrance and he just kept riding.
kittykathykat
It is not a crime to greet and compliment people you find attractive. If you think the person is harassing you, or if you are being stalk, there are legal actions you can take to stop those individuals. You could also try confronting those who approach you or regularly calls you out. You could simply say "no" or "stop", or let them know that you don't like the attention.

You should also dress appropriately at public settings. If you are fully aware that certain type of clothing will attract unwanted attention at public places that you cannot avoid, why insist to wear or not cover the clothing?

How was she dressed inappropriately? As a woman with similar curves, I can tell you that it's difficult to find a pair of pants that won't hug our bodies like it does in the video, and wearing a dress usually only makes it worse.
it's weird how you're acting all like you care about women when in another thread you said you hate poor people
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

How was she dressed inappropriately? As a woman with similar curves, I can tell you that it's difficult to find a pair of pants that won't hug our bodies like it does in the video, and wearing a dress usually only makes it worse.
If you are fully aware that certain type of clothing will attract unwanted attention at public places that you cannot avoid, why insist to wear or not cover the clothing? Clothing yourself is your personal responsibility. There are plenty of clothes and many ways to utilize them. Use your brain or find someone to help you dress yourself.
kittykathykat
The eppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

If you are fully aware that certain type of clothing will attract unwanted attention at public places that you cannot avoid, why insist to wear or not cover the clothing? Clothing yourself is your personal responsibility. There are plenty of clothes and many ways to utilize them. Use your brain or find someone to help you dress yourself.

So you're saying I should go naked? I ask because nothing I wear hides the fact that I have big boobs, hips, and a butt.

Then again, I can tell you are a victim blamer.
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The eppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

So you're saying I should go naked? I ask because nothing I wear hides the fact that I have big boobs, hips, and a butt.

Do you know how to fully read posts? You start from the beginning of the first sentence and you finish to the last sentence. Don't skip! You might actually understand what I wrote instead of being pissed and making assumptions.
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The eppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

Do you know how to fully read posts? You start from the beginning of the first sentence and you finish to the last sentence. Don't skip! You might actually understand what I wrote instead of being pissed and making assumptions.

Are you or are you not suggesting I should cover up even though I told you that I do, but it still doesn't hide my curves or catcallers? Perhaps it is you that needs to learn how to rad posts.
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The eppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

Are you or are you not suggesting I should cover up even though I told you that I do, but it still doesn't hide my curves or catcallers? Perhaps it is you that needs to learn how to rad posts.
There are plenty of clothes and many ways to utilize them. Use your brain or find someone to help you dress yourself.
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

There are plenty of clothes and many ways to utilize them. Use your brain or find someone to help you dress yourself.

I didn't know there were such things as magical clothes that made my butt, hips, and boobs appear smaller. I guess I'm just not shopping in the right stores. I'm so glad that it's been my fault this hole time for not accommodating the men for having bad manners. I mean, men are just mindless beasts with no self control, right. We can't blame them for being stupid. It's just the way they are.
Your misogyny hurts both men and women. It suggests the above. I don't expect you to get it, though.
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

I didn't know there were such things as magical clothes that made my butt, hips, and boobs appear smaller. I guess I'm just not shopping in the right stores. I'm so glad that it's been my fault this hole time for not accommodating the men for having bad manners. I mean, men are just mindless beasts with no self control, right. We can't blame them for being stupid. It's just the way they are.
Your misogyny hurts both men and women. It suggests the above. I don't expect you to get it, though.
Where in my posts suggest that?

You should also dress appropriately at public settings. If you are fully aware that certain type of clothing will attract unwanted attention at public places that you cannot avoid, why insist to wear or not cover the clothing? Clothing yourself is your personal responsibility. There are plenty of clothes and many ways to utilize them. Use your brain or find someone to help you dress yourself.

kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

You should also dress appropriately at public settings. If you are fully aware that certain type of clothing will attract unwanted attention at public places that you cannot avoid, why insist to wear or not cover the clothing? Clothing yourself is your personal responsibility. There are plenty of clothes and many ways to utilize them. Use your brain or find someone to help you dress yourself.

Repeating yourself does not change what you stated or how it is perceived. I am guessing you are a small person with a very small chest and no curves. The only thing that would maybe hide a woman's figure is if she dressed the way Muslim extremists demand their women dress; in a loose dress and burqua that covers everything but their eyes. However, that is unreasonable and misogynistic. I have a large chest and hips, I know what she means when she says clothing clings to the body. Maybe you should realize that bodies come in all shapes and sizes and that you can't always 'cover' it with clothing so that you look like you're straight as a board.
MercurysJosiegirl
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat
The Peppermint Bunny
kittykathykat

Repeating yourself does not change what you stated or how it is perceived. I am guessing you are a small person with a very small chest and no curves. The only thing that would maybe hide a woman's figure is if she dressed the way Muslim extremists demand their women dress; in a loose dress and burqua that covers everything but their eyes. However, that is unreasonable and misogynistic. I have a large chest and hips, I know what she means when she says clothing clings to the body. Maybe you should realize that bodies come in all shapes and sizes and that you can't always 'cover' it with clothing so that you look like you're straight as a board.

This! Thank you!

oiyur's Wife

Handsome Strawberry

10,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Partygoer 500
Here's a story:

So I met a guy from my college who I actually had a crush on last semester.
It was pretty cool at first until he started to degrade me. neutral
He started calling me "brat" and being a total douche and kept calling me "brat".
I find having an uncomfortable pet name, a total turn off, and makes me want to vomit. I know you're trying hard to be cute and whatever.
If someone calls me a "slut" or anything like that, I will be obliged to kick you so hard in the balls, they'll come out of your fingers and that's physically impossible.

Golden Gekko

Should people have to endure creepy comments and whatnot?
No, it's a form of harassment.

Men's instinct being used as an excuse to harass people/victim blaming?
It's ridiculous. Men aren't animals. The fact that we treat them like they are and can't control themselves is sad. The fact that men argue this fact is even sadder. Men have self control.

Do you think that people who are upset by this are too sensitive? Or that this is a real issue.
Harassment is always an issue. This isn't a new issue either. So the fact that some actual attention is being brought to the issue is great.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff