Welcome to Gaia! ::

oh hey gurl y u no wanna talk to me is it bc im ugly?

yes. 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 >

Wigwam the Dodo
GSK Lives
Catcallers are just being regular healthy males, right?

Guess she should have just sucked it up, eh Mechromancer?
I don't know a whole lot about your M.O but I know what I've seen paints you as better than exactly that type of conflation.
Stand up don't wallow down there in the dirt c'mon

Sorry, bad timing here. Hear about this after people handwaving the condemnation of catcalling, and it infuriates me.

Fuzzy Member

GSK Lives
Wigwam the Dodo
GSK Lives
Catcallers are just being regular healthy males, right?

Guess she should have just sucked it up, eh Mechromancer?
I don't know a whole lot about your M.O but I know what I've seen paints you as better than exactly that type of conflation.
Stand up don't wallow down there in the dirt c'mon

Sorry, bad timing here. Hear about this after people handwaving the condemnation of catcalling, and it infuriates me.
Well yeah but that's an isolated ********' incident and you're better than to suggest it's not. Catcalling didn't make the guy turn into a crazed stabber, a crazed stabber was catcalling, c'mon man.

I mean if you don't like it you don't like it, condemn it on taste and preference. But you know full-well it's not the cause of problems that's just irresponsible fearmongering. If anything it's a symptom of an existent problem and too few people are even willing to address it from that angle.

You can cut out the rash but it's going to come back unless you treat the disease. Forget about the rash.
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl
Mechromancer4Life
(monotone and sarcastic) Oh no not being called things like beautiful and good looking. How do these attractive people live with that kind of harassment. Please police arrest those horrible men who dare compliment a beautiful woman.

(normal voice, which is pretty much still monotone) Seriously though. Being someone who gets called things on the opposite end of the spectrum of beautiful, these people need to just suck it up. Calling you names, whatever they may be, is fine. It is when it become physical that there is a problem. It is the old "I can pretend to punch you all day long but the second I come into contact is when it becomes assault" situation. I hear all these ******** pussies online complaining about a non-problem and it is just stupid, #thanksmodernfeminism. Another problem with that video is that she claims harassment after walking through the streets for ten hours but somehow only managed to get three or so minutes of footage of it actually happening, that is because the people who do it are a minority. In which case the SJWs should be lining up to protect them. But hey, feminists don't care unless it gets them attention, in this case the attention is what gets them more attention.

The bold is false. the people who put out the video had to edit it to a small amount for advertising purposes. In the ten hours, over the course of a few days, she received over 100 incidences of street harassment, the worse of which was the creeper who walked alongside her for five minutes. This has been posted before and I can go back and find the information if needed.
I request an explanation for exactly why this is the case and where the entirety can be found and observed, because that claim by itself smacks of bullshit

Where the entirety of what could be found? If you mean the video, you are pout of luck. Rob Bliss, the person behind the making of the video, said that after the put the 2 minute video together, via the editing process, he deleted the remainder because it wasn't needed.

Quote:

The flip side of that, is that to demonstrate that she was being stalked, just one of those guys alone was on screen for 20 seconds, compared to a white guy who just says “Nice!” in passing, totaling for 2.5 seconds. I felt we had to show the footage, but we also needed to keep this video short and under two minutes for it to be internet-friendly. People have short attention spans online and aren’t going to watch a short film.
Rob Bliss explains why the video inadvertently comes out seeming racist.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I have to ask...after reading some very valid points about how wrong it is to cat call woman...why then, in these same forums, you see people thinking it is ok to cat call(negatively) large people?
That seems to be ok to do, but not to cat call a woman and call her things.

I find this double standard very disturbing.
Marquessa_De_Sade
I have to ask...after reading some very valid points about how wrong it is to cat call woman...why then, in these same forums, you see people thinking it is ok to cat call(negatively) large people?

That's a very good point.

Fuzzy Member

MercurysJosiegirl
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl
Mechromancer4Life
(monotone and sarcastic) Oh no not being called things like beautiful and good looking. How do these attractive people live with that kind of harassment. Please police arrest those horrible men who dare compliment a beautiful woman.

(normal voice, which is pretty much still monotone) Seriously though. Being someone who gets called things on the opposite end of the spectrum of beautiful, these people need to just suck it up. Calling you names, whatever they may be, is fine. It is when it become physical that there is a problem. It is the old "I can pretend to punch you all day long but the second I come into contact is when it becomes assault" situation. I hear all these ******** pussies online complaining about a non-problem and it is just stupid, #thanksmodernfeminism. Another problem with that video is that she claims harassment after walking through the streets for ten hours but somehow only managed to get three or so minutes of footage of it actually happening, that is because the people who do it are a minority. In which case the SJWs should be lining up to protect them. But hey, feminists don't care unless it gets them attention, in this case the attention is what gets them more attention.

The bold is false. the people who put out the video had to edit it to a small amount for advertising purposes. In the ten hours, over the course of a few days, she received over 100 incidences of street harassment, the worse of which was the creeper who walked alongside her for five minutes. This has been posted before and I can go back and find the information if needed.
I request an explanation for exactly why this is the case and where the entirety can be found and observed, because that claim by itself smacks of bullshit

Where the entirety of what could be found? If you mean the video, you are pout of luck. Rob Bliss, the person behind the making of the video, said that after the put the 2 minute video together, via the editing process, he deleted the remainder because it wasn't needed.

Quote:

The flip side of that, is that to demonstrate that she was being stalked, just one of those guys alone was on screen for 20 seconds, compared to a white guy who just says “Nice!” in passing, totaling for 2.5 seconds. I felt we had to show the footage, but we also needed to keep this video short and under two minutes for it to be internet-friendly. People have short attention spans online and aren’t going to watch a short film.
"Because it wasn't needed"

There's a sentence that rings an alarm bell if ever I saw one. I'm calling BS on that claim alone. That and I'm not interested in the seeming racism of the video, I'm interested in the proportional encounters vs 10 hours of walking. In the video given it seems as though the proportion is very low. If the evidence to claim the contrary "wasn't needed" then the more skeptical of us are going to think "doesn't exist"

We don't take things at face value, and we won't take anyone's word for it.

Though I will say the mentality there explaining why the video had to be short is pretty insulting. ******** you Rob Bliss, suck my c**k.

Fuzzy Member

Marquessa_De_Sade

In my defense I think neither is wrong.
But I'm a dodo I don't catcall anyone.

I might squawk at you if you lookin' fine but noone ever claims squawking is problematic so I'mma keep at it.
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl
Mechromancer4Life

Quote:

"Because it wasn't needed"

There's a sentence that rings an alarm bell if ever I saw one. I'm calling BS on that claim alone.

What are you talking about?

Are you reading things that aren't there? because if so, you should see a psychiatrist for your... psychosis. Imagining things that aren't there is not normal brain function.

Wigwam the Dodo
That and I'm not interested in the seeming racism of the video, I'm interested in the proportional encounters vs 10 hours of walking. In the video given it seems as though the proportion is very low. If the evidence to claim the contrary "wasn't needed" then the more skeptical of us are going to think "doesn't exist"

Try.. i don't know, reading? It has been stated more than once, even on the page you quoted, just a few posts above you, that the video was edited down. i even just now posted what the director said as to why they cut the 10 hours of video down to a little over 2 minutes. Again, you should see someone about your psychosis, seeing things that aren't there is not normal brain function.

Wigwam the Dodo
We don't take things at face value, and we won't take anyone's word for it.

Don't take what at face value? Are you... mentally challenged?

Wigwam the Dodo
Though I will say the mentality there explaining why the video had to be short is pretty insulting. ******** you Rob Bliss, suck my c**k.

Oh, i see, you're just a troll. Okay then. i'll be ignoring you now.

Fuzzy Member

MercurysJosiegirl

You don't even know what trolling is
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl

Considering the fact you didn't actually address my posts, and went off on some irrelevant tangent the first time, and this time didn't even bother with that, strongly supports my conclusion that you are a troll.

Fuzzy Member

MercurysJosiegirl
Wigwam the Dodo
MercurysJosiegirl

Considering the fact you didn't actually address my posts, and went off on some irrelevant tangent the first time, and this time didn't even bother with that, strongly supports my conclusion that you are a troll.
You're not only incorrect but still ignorant on what trolling is

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Wigwam the Dodo
Marquessa_De_Sade

I might squawk at you if you lookin' fine but noone ever claims squawking is problematic so I'mma keep at it.
I just have to say that this has caused me to have fits of giggles now for awhile. I keep seeing in my head this dodo giving the "oh yea baby" eye and squawking. It just gives me the giggles to no end.
I get catcalled all the time by girls. I can't walk alone without a woman trying to get my attention. It's scary because I don't know what they're going to do next. They say they just want to talk and it's not manly to not welcome female advances. We're supposed to want female attention all the time. I've seen girls cross the street to talk to me, the boring Jacque De Molay. Street harassment is not ok.
I think some girls are ok with catcalling. But from where i am from it's labelled as public nuisance. Aside from the law, it depends on the culture too i guess. Also, if the girl is pissed off, no matter where you are from, you should stop catcalling.

Fuzzy Member

Marquessa_De_Sade
Wigwam the Dodo
Marquessa_De_Sade

I just have to say that this has caused me to have fits of giggles now for awhile. I keep seeing in my head this dodo giving the "oh yea baby" eye and squawking. It just gives me the giggles to no end.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Treasure the memory
Getting just this made took calling a couple favours
I am not well venerated

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out