Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jared
"Vesper's creativity with names is that of a five year old..." Jared said. "He wouldn't stray far from either of those names." He said. "And he is a mercenary by trade, considering he was raised in a mercenary guild, so he would probably be looking for similar lines of work to earn a bit of gold." he added. He sighed, wondering where he could have run off to at this point. "I'll ask her then." He said. He shrugged at the suggestion of checking at the various inns. "He was staying at the inn that my group is currently staying at for about a week, but a few weeks ago the entire group he was in left, two of them have been living in town since, while him and the other haven't been seen." he said. "Knowing him, he will probably end up coming back, especially if he considers the group he was traveling with close friends." He raised the boy, he knew how he generally acted. "If he has a horse, he bought a new one, because his original horse is still at my guild base in Esclair." he said.
Stevenlx

Ker of Erebus

Lazy Kitten

18,400 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
User Image
·.·´¯`·.·Melethiel Mithanseer·.·´¯`·.·

Home is behind, the world ahead,
and there are many paths to tread...

Melethiel walked through the crowds of the market in Haven. She had never been to a city like this, choosing to stay near the woods and the outlining villages. The noise of the market made her ears hurt but she pressed through heading in the direction of the Drunken Wench. She was quite tired from her travels and was looking for a room.

She pushed the door open to the tavern, blue eyes taking a moment to adjust to the difference in light. There were a few people already at the bar. Taking her hood off as she entered, Mel's long blond hair fell around her shoulders. The smell of cooking food and beer hung in the room. Looking around the large room she headed towards the bar to ask the keeper.
"Excuse me, can I get a pint?" Her clothes were worn with travel but looked like they had been made with good material. Her appearance was almost forgettable except for her hair and her piercing blue eyes.

A rapier was strapped to her hip and there were a pair of matching daggers on her back, in her hand what looked like a walking stick was a long bow though she carried no quiver or arrows. Melethiel's voice was soft, laced with a slight accent of not being from around Haven.

...through shadows to the edge of night,
until the stars are all alight.

User Image

With: No one in particular, near Jared, Edan and Arxilatath.
Mood: Tired
((Out of Commonsense: First post! editted))
Stevenlx

dragongirl13

Ker of Erebus

Artwork (c) by: matinaru

Loyal Partner

16,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Streaker 200
User Image

Damion Brule

Damion woke up to find Jinx wasn't there. Hmm. She must have gotten up earlier. He thought to himself as he got up and scratched his ears. He got out of bed and went downstairs and followed the sounds and smells of breakfast being made. "Morning love." He said as he came up behind her and hugged her.

Hawaiian_dancer

Fluffy Fox

dagongirl13
Ker of Erebus
matinaru

The dragon actually reminded Edan of himself with the plastered comment. About twenty years ago the daotian was almost perpetually drunk. He functioned best that way, and it dulled the immense pain of heartache that he'd felt at that point in time. Karina... why did the fox have to make things so difficult? Realizing the dragon had asked if the Emporium was the right place, Edan nods. "Yeah. That's my son's shop. Vaalence's Emporium of Magic. Kid's got a bit of an ego to put that sign up there..." The dragon muttered to himself about his constitution, yet another thing they had in common. Daotians needed much more then a human to get drunk. A dragon a bit more then that. When asked about why he was in Haven, the older daotian sighs. "A month ago my wife and daughter died. I came to Haven to look after my soon. My only family I have left. I don't have long left myself and his mother is here in Haven as well, but she refuses to take responsibility for him. So, I'm trying to do what I can to ensure he can survive on his own after I'm gone." Falling silent for a moment he downs his drink, calling for another one. He let the dragon and Jared speak of finding Vesper, instead opting to look around the tavern. He spots an elven woman who'd just walked in, and with a small smile humored the thought of going and introducing himself. Ah, if only he were twenty years younger.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Cerelia sat up, getting on her knees to reach forward and grab Vaalence by the collar. "I missed you too." She pulled him forward, leaning into kiss him. With a giggle, she pulled back, moving him towards her and both of them further up on the bed. "And this bed."

Fluffy Fox

Vaalence's eyes went wide as she grabbed his collar, as he expected something other then the kiss he was pulled into. Kissing her back, he had to admit, he'd missed her too. Letting her pull him up to the pillows, he realized what she was driving at, and he had to raise a brow at it. "Really Cerelia? You just got back. You said you were tired even, and the first thing on your mind is THAT?" Not that he was going to complain. Nor was he going to turn her down. She was probably starved for attention, and he wasn't about to start neglecting her.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Raising a brow, Cerelia rolled her eyes. "I kissed you and pulled you in for a cuddle. You're the one assuming things." Disgruntled now, she grumbles a little before rolling onto her belly. It was clear she was pretty grumpy from the long journey.

Fluffy Fox

"What? Oh..." Now Vaalence felt kind of bad. How could he have thought she wanted anything else besides a cuddle as she tried to sleep? Oh, right. "I'm sorry... I've just... been spending a lot of time with Mayumi. She's been dragging me to bed whenever she gets the chance, and I have to make up excuses to escape so I can actually be productive with my day. I think she just noticed how sad I was with you being gone, and was trying to comfort me... maybe." He didn't have a clue with the half dragon. Hopefully it was that, and not her being an addict. "Cerelia, hows about we cuddle and you get some rest? I'll even make you whatever you want to eat when you get up."

Shirtless Shapeshifter

"It's fine. That sounds nice." With a deep sigh, she rolls on her side and cuddles up, getting comfortable. She was out in a second, her breathing slowing and steadying. It wasn't as if she hadn't gotten enough sleep on the journey. Sleeping while riding was uncomfortable. But not when she shifted. Then, she just draped over the horse's back, basking in the sunlight and enjoying the rocking and swaying of the horse's gait. And since it had just passively followed the boys' mounts, she hadn't had to worry about it wandering off. But, everything that had been going on the last month was stressful, and had proven to be taxing. Though she didn't show it outwardly, killing her best friend was getting to her.

Fluffy Fox

Vaalence smiles and puts an arm over Cerelia as she cuddles up against him. She was out in no time at all, making him wonder how much rest she'd actually gotten on the trip. He already suspected killing Sphalerite was not sitting well with the dragoness, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. As he listens to her breathing, he realized just how worn out he himself was. It was nice to get some sleep that was pre-empted by Mayumi's libido. So, he fell asleep as well.

Lazy Kitten

18,400 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
User Image
·.·´¯`·.·Melethiel Mithanseer·.·´¯`·.·

Home is behind, the world ahead,
and there are many paths to tread...

The barkeep smiled at Melethiel and poured her a pint. She smiled at him and put a few coins down on the bar, "And if you have something to eat that would be nice too." Mel walked gracefully to a spot in the spacious tavern where she could seen the door and most of the people. Most people would attribute this to paranoia but Mel had learned that taking a good position with your back to a wall and a good view kept you alive longer. She never really went looking for trouble in places like these but anything was possible.

Taking a swig of the dark beer, Mel scanned the room over the rim of her pink glass. Crystal blue eyes locked with a man from across the bar. He had been smiling for some reason, not being one to be rude. Mel set her pint down and inclined her head to him. It wasn't too terrible long a tired girl from the back came up from the kitchens with a plate of simple food. Mel smiled at the girl and slipped her a coin, giving her a wink. The girl's face brightened and she scurried away to the kitchen. Mel dug into her food, it had been a while since she had eaten.

With a full belly, she finished the rest of her beer. Mel had only heard about the Drunk Wench, she had no idea where to find a room. She glanced back to the group at the bar. Deciding it was probably best to ask people who look like they are locals. Pushing out her stool, Mel walked over.
"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but I'm looking for a place to stay." She smiled pleasantly at the man she made eye contact with before.

...through shadows to the edge of night,
until the stars are all alight.

User Image

With: Edan
Mood: Full
((Out of Commonsense: ))
Stevenlx

Artwork (c) by: matinaru
Arxilatath (Bronze Dragon)

Arxilatath downed half the mug in a single long drink. He was, after all, actively trying to get drunk. "Eh, could've always bought a horse of note. Still. Tipping's a great idea. Greasing the wheels so to speak." He sighed heavily. "Could always ask the other two where they've gone and if they're expected to head back anytime soon. Getting a scent off them for a 'Hound works fine." The dragon paused, frowning down into his drink. "Sorry, sir. Forgot that the joleks aren't around anymore. Still, a scenthound will do, even if they're not as smart or good at tracking." The joleks had died out completely in the Great Plague, although they'd been severely diminished in number long before that to the point that they would've been gone in a generation or three afterwards anyway. The disease had just sped the process up.

"Void take it," the dragon said flatly at the news, grimacing. "Well, next round's on me. Get drunk, wreck your liver for a day. I certainly did when Riesz' went. Did it again after Danath needed to be put down. Then you go and pick up your responsibilities. For all that was worth," There was a bitter tone in the last words. He'd been utterly ineffectual against the Great Plague despite being immune. Neither Rieszthraxilath, his mate and yes that had been a mess when it was the Istax Empire he had been involved with, nor Ifuneith, his daughter, had been, though Isthirilax had inherited the immunity. Her brothers, his grandsons had not; Arx had needed to put them down as well. "Parents should never have to bury their children." Shouldn't have to kill them either, but Ifuneith had been a danger to her own children.

And Isthirilax still hated him for that. That, and failing to cry. It wasn't an intellectual thing, more of irrational emotion and they both knew it, but they just didn't get along anymore. The part-zuth was more than likely to hurt him with words and he was more than likely to go on a bender after tearing back at her. It wasn't a good idea to put the two in the same town as each other.

He waved over refill for the three of them, asking for a try at the whiskey. "Another round for the three - well, four if the gal wants another too, since Edan seems to want to chat." Arxilatath had the money to spare as he slapped the coin on the table.

StevenIx
dagongirl13
matinaru
Jared
"I think her highness visited that place last week." Jared said. "Likes it for some reason." he added, shrugging. Viola was a rather strange princess, so he didn't really question her likes. Jared frowned a bit at Edan's reason for being in town. "Ouch..." he said, scratching his head. "I have my little girl at home, and then there is Vesper from me adopting him. I can't imagine leaving either of them behind at this time." he said. He looked at the dragon. "I'll take a look, if anything he had a horse on whatever trip he is or was on." he said. "And who needs a hound when you got a dragon?" Jared added grinning, referring to Sirius. He remained quiet on the burying children, not wanting to comment on it. He looked over at the new arrival of the female elf.
Stevenlx

Ker of Erebus

matinaru

Fluffy Fox

dagongirl13
Ker of Erebus
matinaru

Wreck his liver? Oh, Edan had tried in the past. Wouldn't stop him from trying again. "Thank you." Despite only having lost his wife and daughter a month ago, he seemed rather level headed. That was just on the surface though. He was hurting severe, but he knew better then to let it impede what he had to do for Vaalence. Instead of letting it hinder him, he was, in a way, channeling it to something productive... aside from the moment. This trip to the tavern was meant to honor his fallen family. "No one should have to bury family at all..." But, Vaalence would soon have to do so. Life was cruel some times. Least the arrival of the elven maiden was enough to lighten the mood some. She asked for a place to stay, which reminded him again, that if he were younger, that would have been a possibility. "You might try the Chrysanthemum inn. Or, if you're here to work for the guild, they'll set you up with lodgings there. Heh. Back when I first met my wife, I had a house full of women. None of whom I was involved with mind you, but those were the days..." It was odd, as those he lived with were subjected to his aura daily, but never seemed to be bothered by it. He respected them for it, as at that time he was vulnerable, and rather stupid.
Arxilatath (Bronze Dragon)

"Scent lasts longer on solid objects. I wasn't aware that he'd be willing to stick his snout against the ground. But I wasn't thinking about dogs. The jolek worked off stuff that a dog wouldn't be able to detect, let alone track. Better tracking then I could handle by far, sir," was the explanation. "Pointless, though. They're gone. Have been for over a thousand years." There's a note of futile raging anger in his voice. "A lot of good people died in the Plague." Near sixty percent of the affected population, without a single reliable cure via magic or otherwise.

The man gulped down another mouthful of the current alcohol he was drinking, not sneezing as it hit his palate. "You're welcome. Don't drown yourself too often, though. It doesn't really help with the pain." It hadn't, for him. "Although I suppose I'm one to talk," the dragon gestured at himself.

There was a snort of disgust. "What am I doing, being so maudlin over this anyway?" he asked the others. "May's well stab myself in the chest. Hah. No. So, got any tales to tell? Epic adventures, stupid things you've gotten into that are funny in hindsight?" He glanced at Edan. There'd been stories, and he'd heard some, but it was always interesting to hear it from the horse's mouth.

StevenIx
dagongirl13
matinaru

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out