Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Fox

After enjoying an ale, Vaalence was back on the streets of Haven, wandering aimlessly as he reflected on things. Eventually though, as he passed near one of the gates, he noticed a crowd gathering. "Hmm? Some sorta performer...?" Curious as to what was going on, he heads over, but then freezes in his tracks when he smells blood and someone yelling for help. Rushing forward, he pushes through the crowd, only to find an injured woman with a boy beside her. It seemed like no one in the crowd could heal, so it was up to the fox daotian to do what he could. "What happened? Ma'am, are you still with us in the land of the living?" Ignoring the boy, as he wasn't sure how to talk to a potentially panicking child, he kneels down by the woman, who he assumed to be the boy's mother. A quick check only told him she'd been stabbed, but he couldn't determine how deep the wound was, or what other damage had been dealt to her. She'd lost a lot of blood, which he couldn't do anything about, but he could stop her from losing any more. Focusing his magic, he clots her wound, before beginning a more thorough analysis. He hoped she'd be able to hold on long enough for him to treat her completely.

Fuxkin eh
What road do I take?
"Where do you want to go?"
I don't know.
"Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

Lilly heard a grown mans voice and turned her head still lost in-between this world and the next..."i-i-i got stabbed protecting my son..it was for him to eat, is he okay? where's my son!" panic rushed over her as she forgot where she was from the loss of her son...she started to cry to herself untill she heard her sweet boys voice. "mama, im right here tell the stranger whats wrong he is going to help you!" his young voice soothed lilly and she sighed. "i think my ribs are broken, and i think a piece of the blade he used is still in between the ribs.." she whined and cried, she then closed her eyes breathing slower and slower.

"please help my mama shes all i have!" Dan said to the man crying as he looked at his mothers lifeless body, "this is all my fault." he whispered in anger to himself, for a twelve year old he was more mature then most, being a traveller like his mother it matured him a lot faster. He cried a little more as the anger got stronger his hands becomming fists, with little flames comming out of them.

Stevenlx

Welcome to BetterGaia.
Need help? See our thread.
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ker of Erebus
Mezzen Barthol, Human Shaper
Streets

He hears a tromping sound, and notices the magma hound walking down the street. He moves aside, as an intelligent person might. He looks it over, he had seen something like this before, but on a very different world. It passes by without incident, and he watches it continue down the road. "Hm. Interesting. So, then, the inn..." He looks towards the inn that she had mentioned.

Fluffy Fox

The situation was dire, that much the young half breed could see. Listening to the two of them, Vaalence got what he needed to know, and realizes he might have just healed the tip of the blade she'd been stabbed with inside her. "Damn... gimmie some space here..." He'd do all he could, but the woman's breathing was already really weak. Despite his skill with magic, healing had always been a weak point, and while he could manage it, he probably couldn't do so fast enough. Summoning a potion from his pocket plane, he places it nearby by, quickly getting to work again. "Kid, try to get her to drink that. It'll ease her pain and hopefully strengthen her enough to have her survive." Mending the bone and extracting the shard of metal was a slow process, and by the time he was finished, she'd seemed to have stopped breathing altogether. He couldn't tell if she was dead, or was on the verge, there was simply too much going on for him to get a good reading. The boy was understandably distraught. Vaalence had only recently lost his step mother and half sister, so he could relate. "I uh... I did all I could..." The boy seemed to have some magical talent, if the flames springing from his hands were any indication, but the fox daotian was feeling drained and hollow, from the use of such magics to the prospect of having someone he was trying to save die on him. If he was at full strength, he still would have enough time to revive her, but at the moment it was impossible without killing himself.

Fuxkin eh
Taegan Dealanach (Spirit-Host Human)

"Mm. O'er there," she repeated, moving rapidly to the door, then a bit more quietly as the hound passed out of sight. "That un speaks, or so the 'keep says. Ain't just an animal. Lotta things don't walk like us. Don't need city like us. Ain't mean they stupid."

'Don't walk like us', was more than the difference between bipedal and quadrupedal, was more than the difference between humanoid and otherwise. It meant those who didn't wear clothes, save for a harness. It meant those who didn't build cities, didn't build shelter because they'd never needed it, relied on tooth and claw instead of tools to survive. Just because they didn't - didn't mean that they weren't sapient.

And sapience often added a certain amount of deadliness to a creature. Assumptions killed, and Taegan knew that well. "Drink's on me," she added, "Fer answering my questions. What ya want?"

She ordered herself an ale; no need to go for anything really strong this early in the day.
Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ker of Erebus
Mezzen Barthol, Human Shaper
Streets

Mezzen sat down at the table along with her, knowing full well what she meant. The sphinxes of Alka'Tir were a perfect example of that, intelligent, noble folk who walked on all fours and would live amongst the sands.
"Drinks, huh? Well... just give me what you're having." As a well-wandered person might be, he was wary about ordering anything a local might not. He had plenty of fresh memories of the mushroom-brew he had tried in the midst of Karth. Couldn't move for a week, even got a nickname from the local dwarves.

She paid, a few copper and a glint of a silver and the bartender slid him an ale. "So. Ye study creatures. Got a reason fer it, or ye just interested for interest's sake?" She prodded, more interested in learning more about the newcomer whose origins she couldn't tell. "Like I wander not ta see the sights," she left off her reason for doing so, but even if asked, she'd only say as much as having itchy feet, implying she wandered for wandering's sake.

Not so much true, that. Absently, she murmured a cleaning spell over a table as she plopped herself on the back of a chair rather than sit down, balancing rather precariously. It stripped off some of the stuff that had accumulated and the inn's workers hadn't gotten around to cleaning off yet. Magic. Understated, nothing flashy, and in complete contrast to her easy smile and extrovert behavior.
Mani Ze Wanderer
What road do I take?
I don't know.

Lilly coughed and her breath caught up a little bit, the boy watching her every move and smiled. Dan wanted to jump into the mans arms and thank him a million times over. Instead he looked at the man and smiled, "is there a place she can rest for a day or two" he asked and tried to lift her on his own.

"Dan slowly mama is still sore.." she smirked and sighed as she lost a lot of blood and just sitting up gave her a headrush. "thank you, i am forever in your debt." she said and sighed softly. "sorry for the dramatic entrance." she half heartedly said as she never really thought this was going to happen.

"mama, stop talking you need rest." Dan said as he held her close

OOC: sorry for late reply boyfriend came over redface
Stevenlx

Welcome to BetterGaia.
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fluffy Fox

Vaalence jumped as the woman coughed and seemed to start breathing again. He hadn't screwed it up? He actually seemed a little dazed for a moment, but was brought back to his senses when the boy, Dan, asked if he had a place they could stay. "Uh... no. I don't have any room at the Emporium. You could stay at an inn though. The Chrysanthemum. It's right nearby. I could give you two some gold to pay to stay for a few days, along with enough for food and the like." He realized they were still surrounded by a crowd, and his nervousness started to show with his inability to stay still. "Uh... anyways, once you're able to get up, I'll show you the way. You look... well... you don't look presentable." She was covered in blood, while Dan and Vaalence had some of it on them too. It was actually started to hinder his ability to think with it's scent, but a few shakes of his head cleared it for the moment. Now was not the time to be thinking about drinking any, after all.

Fuxkin eh

((S'cool. Not like I don't have vidja games or Pathfinder to distract myself with. ^w^ ))
What road do I take?
I don't know.

Dan looked at his now half asleep pale mother that was breathing normal again. No more whincing or whining. Sighing he noticed the man start to get uncomfterable with the crowed, just noticing it himself he stood up and shooed them away. "nothing to see her, not like you havent seen a halfling dying on the side of a road and suddenly healed" he giggled and kept shooing them away. "come on move along go do your dam own thing." he turned and picked up his mama and walked to a bench. "im ready to get her all clean, is there like a lake or something i could clean ourselfs with?" he asked forgetting he wasnt in a forest, but a town a city, and there where bathrooms and what not.

"darlin, dont ask to much of this kind shy man." his mother whispered and smiled sweetly at the man.

OOC: haha ya we just finished borderlands two together! wooo
Stevenlx

Welcome to BetterGaia.

Fluffy Fox

Vaalence had to admit, it was amusing to watch the boy get the crowd to disperse. Not that he blamed them for gathering. People always liked a show. When Dan asked if there was a lake or anything like that nearby, Vaalence shrugs. "No lake, but there is a river running through the western part of town. With the wounds on you mother that I wasn't able to close up, you should probably just do that at the inn, where the water is for sure clean. The wounds getting infected would not be fun." The woman called him a man again, which caused him to blush a little. Despite his attitude at the situation, he wasn't that old, only six years more then Dan. With how his kind aged, he was still a teenager. "Oh. I'm the magus Vaalence Tarra, at your service. And you two are...?"

Fuxkin eh

((Borderlands 2 huh? Good game. Even better co-op.))

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ker of Erebus

She paid, a few copper and a glint of a silver and the bartender slid him an ale. "So. Ye study creatures. Got a reason fer it, or ye just interested for interest's sake?" She prodded, more interested in learning more about the newcomer whose origins she couldn't tell. "Like I wander not ta see the sights," she left off her reason for doing so, but even if asked, she'd only say as much as having itchy feet, implying she wandered for wandering's sake.

Not so much true, that. Absently, she murmured a cleaning spell over a table as she plopped herself on the back of a chair rather than sit down, balancing rather precariously. It stripped off some of the stuff that had accumulated and the inn's workers hadn't gotten around to cleaning off yet. Magic. Understated, nothing flashy, and in complete contrast to her easy smile and extrovert behavior.
Mani Ze Wanderer
Mezzen Barthol, human Shaper
Tavern

"Why yes, I have quite a good reason for it, actually." He nods, picking up the mug filled to the brim with the noxious mix. He swirls it around, before taking a sip. Low-quality brew, burned like a funeral pyre. He set it down and shook his head before continuing. "You see, my particular brand of magic demands it. If I don't find new beasts to study, my powers will cease to expand."
He nods. Perhaps she'd as for a demonstration. Being a mage of any kind meant you always had a good few party tricks up your sleeve.

She snorted as the first drops hit her tongue and she realized that she'd ordered ale and not small ale. There was the bitter taste of gruit flavoring the edges, the malty taste of the alcoholic drink, and the firewater burn as it slid down her throat. Ale was ale, but there was the ale one drank at meals, and then the ale one drank to get drunk. This was the latter. The difference in taste and consistency was rather distinct, more watery and unaged, lacking anything but the primary malt taste and the familiar burn of something stronger than the unfiltered grains of the mildly alcoholic small ale. This was a drink to get drunk on, not to wash down a meal and add extra nutrition to a meal. Oh well. It was a bit early to start serious drinking, but it wasn't as if she had a job on the schedule.

"Whaddya do, then? She asked after his magic. "Got any small 'nough to show 'side here?"

She turned and called for table beer, this time careful to actually order properly. There was a murmur of a laugh from a nearby patron - she recognized that man from earlier and a teasing, "Too strong for you, girlie? Lemme show you how a real man drinks." He raised the mug.

She retorted, "What, where?" He was a bit right, about the strength of the small ale - this was ale that was served even to children.

Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ker of Erebus

She snorted as the first drops hit her tongue and she realized that she'd ordered ale and not small ale. There was the bitter taste of gruit flavoring the edges, the malty taste of the alcoholic drink, and the firewater burn as it slid down her throat. Ale was ale, but there was the ale one drank at meals, and then the ale one drank to get drunk. This was the latter. The difference in taste and consistency was rather distinct, more watery and unaged, lacking anything but the primary malt taste and the familiar burn of something stronger than the unfiltered grains of the mildly alcoholic small ale. This was a drink to get drunk on, not to wash down a meal and add extra nutrition to a meal. Oh well. It was a bit early to start serious drinking, but it wasn't as if she had a job on the schedule.

"Whaddya do, then? She asked after his magic. "Got any small 'nough to show 'side here?"

She turned and called for table beer, this time careful to actually order properly. There was a murmur of a laugh from a nearby patron - she recognized that man from earlier and a teasing, "Too strong for you, girlie? Lemme show you how a real man drinks." He raised the mug.

She retorted, "What, where?"

Mani Ze Wanderer
Mezzen Barhol, human Shaper
Tavern

He nodded, sipping at the foul brew as she did. He chuckled a bit, she looked like she wasn't expecting it to be what it turned out to be. "A few, nothing too impressive, I do have this one thing from a place called Phyr-" He was interrupted by a boisterous voice, looking over at the guy who said it, and raised his brow.
"Can't you see I'm talking here?" What a lummox.

The man rolled his eyes and downed the mug, giving a grin to the woman who'd joined the group in its drinking games, then turned back to the table he was at without giving an apology. Taegan shrugged, rolled her shoulders, and commented wryly, "Too early for serious drinking. Th'man's a drunkard, but a cheerful drunk, I'll give him that."

She prompted after a moment of sipping the table beer, "So, magic? Always 'teresting t'see it. Cantrip here, minor spell there, all adds up. Life's easier with a dab of magic." She finally slid down fully into the seat instead of balancing on the back like some bird.

Mani Ze Wanderer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces