Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ker of Erebus
Mezzen Barthol, human Shaper
Tavern

"Yes, magic. If we have a moment, we should go someplace less crowded. Making monsters in public can stir up trouble." He takes another sip of the ale, wincing a bit at the flavour. He watches her slide into her seat, then nods. "Magic can be helpful. I utilize the creations for whatever I need."
Taegan Dealanach (Spirit-Host Human)

"Ye not gunna get these folk runnin' and screamin' if you've got anything small enough," she pointed out, rising to her feet. "They be tough folk, and monsters ain't anything new. S'long as it ain't attack, they're pretty easy goin'." City folk were a bit different from farm folk, who dealt with it with their own hands, but they were tough people.

The mug was left on the table, half drunk with a few coin clattering on the surface. "Still, may's well. The yard's out that way, an' I was headin' down there t'see if they'd handle me a spar or three." She gestured through the nearest wall to mean the training yard, then thought better of just pointing in the general direction and projected a map over the palm of her flattened hand - not three dimensional, just lines and a simple, crisp outline of the area's streets, highlighting the locations of interest. "Think that'll be good?"
Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ker of Erebus
Tavern.

He looked at the map a moment, before he nodded. "Indeed, a yard should be plenty big enough to conjure something interesting." He decided to take one more sip of the ale and just leave it otherwise. He'd had plenty more than enough of that right now. "Lead the way, if you'd wish!"

"Sorry 'bout the ale," She apologized on the way there, "Look's to be that they added a bit too much gruit, an' I ferget that they was going to be serving pale ale, an' not something a bit weaker," she added of the heavy bitter taste - marking the fact they'd added too much of the herbal preservative.

The training yard was usually used by the local guards and adventurers, not for heavy duty battle magic. Was a smart idea to inform the yardmaster of magic, or for that matter, any kind of extra presence in the yard but especially combat magic, so she detoured for a moment to announce their arrival. "So. Care ta put on a show?" She asked, eyes twinkling with good cheer.

After all, the space she'd chosen was just good enough to fit her thirty, forty foot long frame as a dragon-like creature. It was big enough for something interesting.

Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ker of Erebus
Training Yard

He looks around at the massive open yard, smiling wide as he ponders a moment. He thinks back to his adventures on various worlds, the beasts he'd seen, trying to think of something interesting to conjure. He settles on a Conundrum, a being made of two opposing forces somehow working in unison. He takes a vial from his satchel, pouring the contents into his hand. It was a thick, blue substance, which seemed to meld to his hand. He places his hands together, before pulling them apart rapidly. His hands glowed blue and crackled with arcane and electrical power.
The goo fused into a ball between his hands, and he begun to move his hands as though he were shaping a ball of dough. It begins to take form, the goo turning into slabs of stone and gnarled roots. Before too terribly long, an enormous, 20-foot behemoth was constructed, a lumbering monstrosity of stone and plant. He crosses his arms, smiling up at the construct.
"Well, there's a good creation, for starters anyways."

She didn't seemed awed, or even in the least bit amazed, just interested and very curious of both the technique he'd used and the creature he'd created from the tiny bit of mass. Taegan took a step forward, elbowing the glaive she wielded back behind her back instead of banging at her elbow and then stopped. "Mind ye if I," she gestured at the golem-like creature meaning to examine it with tactile fingers.

It was large, she'd admit that much, twenty feet tall and taller than her low-slung dragon form. Not as large as some, but large enough. Summoned from nearly nothing and of interesting construction - but it failed to elicit awe and wonder, just a child's curious interest and the urge to scramble over it and look at the creature.

Mani Ze Wanderer

ooc: sorry for the lag; internet went down briefly

Beloved Shoujo

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Hero 100
Kyoko looked around in the next room ahead, she saw nothing but ancient nephilim writing on the walls. No generator, no treasure, nothing. She read the text on the walls, to any other it would look like gibberish and symbols but to her nephilim eyes reading the text was the same as reading a standard book. It was a story, and her real parents had a key role in this story. For they were the rulers of the nephilim kingdom, the text spoke of a great war and the creation of the generators to power the cities and temples as well as power the defensive barrier system. So the generators did exist, but where was the one rumored to be in these very ruins. She came back out to see Lisan still kneeling at the remains of her loved one. “It’s time for us to go Lisan, if you want we can have a proper ceremony for him.” She felt so bad for Lisan, “Lisan I know it hurts but you have to press on, that’s what he would have wanted.”

((Sorry I haven't replied for so long gaia didn't notify me when you responded))

Ker of Erebus
Lisan Kelryn (Closekin Leshayrik)

Lisan didn't lift her head, just settled back with a ragged exhale. She didn't acknowledge Kyoko's voice. It had, however, snapped her out of the stunned numbness, with a quiet, "...skies, father."

Shakily, her voice raised in what was almost ritualistic speech, "By Fire, Well, and Sacred Tree." Her unsteady voice hitched, but something was certainly happening, shimmering like a heat mirage around her, some subtle power beyond the light magic that filled this place. Tension, like the power, built in the air. "From the Land and Sky," Lisan continued, something echoing her voice, backing the wavering words with the strength the closekin didn't have.

She lifted her head from its bowed position staring at the ground, and her eyes glowed with silvery-blue light. "-And from the Sea," the glow puddled around her feet, casting real light into the dim ruins.

Runes curled over her skin, tribal tattoos that meant something. Death, an ending, closure and peace, something, glowing with fierce light and something seemed to reverberate beyond Lisan. She wasn't a shaman, was too young to have been trained in any Gifts she might have had, but she had to do this. Had to give her second-sire the proper rites that this far from home, no one could do. She didn't realize how dangerous attempting it untrained was, didn't realize there could be backlash but for all she looked to be full grown, she was a long time from being of age among the Leshayrik. "-Gods, Goddesses, and Ancestors of old," Her voice had gained a clarity and the tension in the air was building to an event.

The words didn't really matter so much. Every clan had its own words. In the end, it was the rites that did.
Vixen_E_Covenant

ooc: No problem, Vixen. It happens.

Beloved Shoujo

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Kyoko watched the ceremony quietly, amazed and interested in the whole thing. Kyoko smiled as she watched knowing Lisan’s loved one was being put to rest the proper way for their kind. She thought of her own parents and wondered if they were put to rest the proper way, the way the nephilim had always done. She wiped tears from her eyes, Lisan would not cry. So Kyoko shed tears for her, she offered up her own prayer in her head wishing him a safe journey to wherever he may go.

Ker of Erebus

"Guard your passing, rest your soul," she reached her hand out, and spiral plumes spread towards the skeleton. "Find peace in eternal sleep."

For a moment, it seemed as if it had failed. Then moon-glow dust gathered, coalesced into a ghostly-looking figure of a fully grown R'yaon Leshayrik, harnessed with the tools he had in life.

A memory. No more. A memory drawn from the bones of the dead in the same way she could draw others from the figurines. This was more for the living than the already-departed dead. The figure was utterly still, as if a mere image upon the earth. Then, he moved. The tail twitched, the tip swishing back and forth, and he gently, for all his impressive size, moved forward.

Lisan was immobile, unable to bring words to her lips. The R'yaon spoke instead, crouching down and cradling her face with one translucent, massive paw, a clawed thumb stroking the side of her face. "Whelpling," he said affectionately. "You've done well, little one. We're proud of you. Don't follow us too soon, daughter of my blood."

She smiled weakly, the first signs of strain already starting to show. Lisan was a bit too young to draw this much. "Thank you, father. I-"

"No regrets, little one. Live long, live well -" They completed the last together.

"Die well. I will, sire." She curled one hand around the translucent paw.

He lolled his tongue at her in a Leshayrik smile. "Do that for me, Lisan." He turned his head at Kyoko, pulling away. "Take care of her for me, would you? Keep her from being too reckless like this again, eh?"

The larger truekin made to go. "I should go now, little whelpling. Sun at your back, wind at your front. Hunt -"

She sounded almost like a child as she begged one last thing, rather than the answers to how and why he'd died. "Sing for me, father? Before you go?"

There was another laughing "smile", and then he threw his back up in a bellowing howl that filled the air, a haunting, throaty note that called the pack home on long hunts. The translucent figure faded from sight, as did the sound itself. Silence - until it was broken by Lisan's quiet voice. "Epicyon guide you home, father. Rest well."

Where the skeleton had lain, there was just a pile of dust. The light had completely faded from the chamber.

Lisan still didn't get up, but now it was less because she lacked the will and more because she lacked the energy. There hadn't been much backlash. She'd been lucky. The burns over her skin would fade, even if they were painfully red and upraised along the light that had shifted across her skin. Her pupils seemed slightly dilated, wide and unfocused. She likely couldn't focus on objects very well at the moment. At least there didn't seem to be much mental damage and she wasn't a gibbering wreck.

The young closekin turned her face towards the other woman, tearing her gaze away from the place he'd been. "I-" her voice was caught in her throat for a moment. "...Thank you, Sindavi Kyoko."
Vixen_E_Covenant

Beloved Shoujo

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Kyoko watched the whole meeting between father and daughter and it tugged at her heart. Such a touching sight, she wiped tears from her eyes and nodded when ask to watch over Lisan “I will indeed good sir.” She watched on silent the rest of the time as the ritual finished. She nodded at Lisan when she thanked Kyoko. She looked at her, “What of the dust?” Kyoko had an idea to ensconce the ashes into a pendant or statue for Lisan. She wanted to ensure that it wouldn’t be a offensive act first. Kyoko didn’t know what their traditions called for. She spoke again, “I’d like to do an ancient Ishida tradition for you with the remains if you don’t mind.” Kyoko helped her up “It’s entirely up to you, I would not want to go against your traditions or offend you.”

Ker of Erebus

Lisan almost curled in upon herself. "We..." Shang would have been the one to do that, as shaman. "Let them go on the wind. O'er the plains that we roamed." The Tnara buried the ashes of their dead in the yards set aside for them, but R'yaon were of Sky, and Eshirene's children rather than Arak's. And the plains of Celydon were long since gone.

"I..." She didn't want to do that.

Letting go was always the hardest part.

In a tiny voice, "I don't know what to do."

Vixen_E_Covenant

Beloved Shoujo

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Kyoko put a hand on Lisan’s shoulder “If he is to fly on the wind then let us set him free from these ruins.” Kyoko removed a satchel and gave it to Lisan, “Use this to collect him and we will set him free.” Kyoko knew what she had to do, she would take Lisan under her wing and become a guiding force for her. Kyoko waited for Lisan to finish up collecting the dust. “Let us go and send your father home, where he belongs.” Kyoko smiled at her and then led the way back outside where it had gotten dark rather fast. Still Kyoko was determined to see this task finished. There was no wind when Kyoko spoke to Lisan “Let me know when you are ready and I shall awaken the wind for you.”

Ker of Erebus

Fluffy Fox

After setting the mother and child with enough gold for the inn for a few nights, Vaalence made his way back to the Emporium. Lucia had just finished cleaning up the place and looked annoyed to see him, but didn't stop him from heading down into the cellar to work on some experiments. He had a multitude of potions he needed to test, and contraptions to tinker with. It had been a rough few days now, with his emotions being torn all over the place. He could use some relaxation, now that he thought of it. Maybe a dip into a hot spring. But there wasn't any place like that nearby that he was aware of. But... well, he wasn't a powerful mage housing a divine essence within him for nothing. With a smile, he carves out a corner of the cellar, quickly making his own little spring. Sure it made the whole room hot and steamy, but he could change that later if he wanted. Since no one else ever poked their head down in the cellar, he was free to lose all his clothes before jumping into the water. Maybe he'd have the invite the girls down here at some point. They'd probably enjoy the spring too.

She carefully swept up the dust. It wasn't home, but it would have to do. It would have to do. As they made it up topside, Lisan was visibly struggling not to cry. With a choked voice as she adjusted the satchel to a position she could spill its contents in, "R-Ready."

Once the wind picked up, she let it fly, closing her eyes against the swirl of dust that lifted off into the air. "Epicyon guide you home, father," she repeated with her eyes closed against the wind.

The closekin inhaled deeply. Opened her eyes, and howled. Howled her grief out to the sky, howled in an inhuman voice that even if it were pitches higher than anything but a wolf pup, was still full and carrying. Howled, and in the distance, the cousins - the wolves - howled back. She paused, and then lifted her voice once more in song, the ragged edges of sorrow roughening her voice. Then a deeper, stronger voice rang out, the accent distinct from wolf or Leshayrik but still unmistakably joining in, wordlessly expressing the sympathy and somewhat platitudes other races would do with speech.

Her vision blurred. She staggered, and stopped howling, taking a brief knee and ducking her head.

Finally, the tears started to fall.
Vixen_E_Covenant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas