Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Fox

Edan listened to the rest of the exchange, until only the guild leader remained. Seeing an opportunity, he slides out of his seat and joins the man at his own table. "Good afternoon sir. I overheard you and your companions talking and I was interested to hear you're the leader of a guild. What brings you to the home city of my own guild? Well, I guess I can't say mine, but I did help found it with Rosalind. You here on some sort of diplomatic mission?" If the man's guild was reputable, creating an alliance would benefit them both, but that wasn't truly Edan's intention. It was just a possible byproduct of him trying to learn about the dragon king. "Excuse my rudeness. I'm Edan Ulthier, and the next rounds on me."
Arxilatath (Bronze Dragon)

He nodded, then slid into the seat next to Edan, and unlike some greenhorn that barely knew which end of the sword to swing, did not bang the sheath against the seat. The dragon in the form of an aging man greeted Edan with a polite, "Good day, sir," before ordering a hot ale and some stew.

The runt dragon would order hot ale and stew, or hot ale and bread no matter the temperature, although in this case it probably wasn't too bad of a pick for a normal human. While he waited for his meal and serving, he took out the well-worn and slightly damaged journal and flipped it open on the bar table, only murmuring a quiet, quick spell to clean the surface of any remaining grime and dust.

The journal contained diagrams, of machinery, of designs, of calculations that estimated the amount of force this amount of explosive power would do to this part and designs around the fact that latches were inherently weaker, stuff that calculated the stress points of a specific design, the dynamic shock it would be exposed to with each motion, a number of things. He flipped to a half-finished page involving the power in a lightning strike and comparative energies in other formats, a list of numbers and titled "Natural Lightning and Power", and started drawing lines and sets of equations. Numerous nonsense labels and letterings filled the page.

That was when the ale and stew arrived, and he finessed the open book with one hand and kept writing with the expertise of a scholar who'd learned to eat and write or read at the same time, even flipping the page with a single thumb, the other scooping a spoonful of stew into his mouth. Arx didn't really need the stew, especially as he sustained himself mostly on sunlight and the ambient mana, but it was mildly tasty to the now human taste buds. The single mug of ale wouldn't even get him buzzed, but he was planning on staying here until he had drunk enough to get himself buzzed. A barrel or two might work.

He looked up at the mention of Edan being responsible for the local guild, and paused. One would think he would have known that, and he paused in the scribbling to listen in, refraining from saying more than his greeting. Keeping an ear on the ground was always a good idea. Politics weren't just for the nobility and those involved in high-stakes games.

Stevenlx

Dangerous Bloodsucker

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
User Image

--Whoever appeals to the law against his
fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of himself without
that law is both. For a wounded man shall
say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you.
If I Die, you are forgiven."
Such is the
Rule of Honor.- -

User Image

Viktor seems confused for a second, recollecting that he'd introduced himself just moments ago to the woman, was he perhaps speaking his native tongue or had she just forgotten? He ushers her from his leader's quarters and shuts the door before answering, his pipe clenched in his teeth, eager to allow Vlad to have some peace and quiet after the long journey they'd shared. "Viktor Romanov, pleasure to meet your acquaintance. Might I ask your name?" The Lieutenant finally replies in an eloquent tone, not paying mind that he was introducing himself a second time. He then was asked another question, which he took as she didn't quite understand what his King meant that they were going to be staying in the same room. "No, we shall be bunking together. After the attack.. well.. we've been on a bit of a budget, I dare not spend on more than the essentials. But you are more than welcome to take the bed, there is a rather comfortable lounge chair that I wouldn't mind sleeping in." He says politely with a kind smile, stepping down the hallway to the next door from Tepes', reaching into his pocket to reveal the key to enter their suite. Romanov disappears through the entrance to the room, leaving the door open for her to follow suit and enter, a long sigh escaping his lips while he examined the quarters and had to unpack his bags once again. He set up his belongings next to the chair he spoke of prior, a large stack of books, a belt holding holsters which had four flintlock pistols tucked snugly in their leather fastenings, various military attire, a bottle of brandy, and finally a well-decorated cavalry sabre. Once all of his items were put in their rightful places, he'd turn on his heel and face the mysterious woman, hands behind his back to compliment his stature and straight posture. "I am glad to have another to join us in our exploits, to be honest, I was beginning to think we were going to be stuck just a duo."

User Image
"Throw your soldiers into position whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight."

<-:-:-:- Viktor Romanov -:-:-:->
Former Lieutenant of New Wallachian Army.
*Current Attire*

Livian DoUrden

Anxious Noob

5,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

L A D Y • C E R V I L • D E B O U R

User Image

˩σcαтισи Outside Emporium xxx Ɔσмραиʏ Vesper

xxx✶《 Cervil smiled at Vesper. "Very nice to meet you, Sir," she stated softly as she shook his hand. He was looking at her through rather confused looking eyes and Cervil wondered what she had done. "Are you new to Haven?", she asked trying to figure out if what she believed earlier was true or if she had just been plainly blind to the handsome man before today. She could see Ginea from where she was standing peering over the edge of the building, almost as if she was keeping tabs on Cervil. She smirked at the idea.

Ѳ.σ.c. ...

User Image

dagongirl13

Demonic Lover

11,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
User ImageLarin was so caught up and confused that she must have missed his name the first time, so much swam around in her mind so she smiled at him when he gave it a second time. If she had known she missed it, she would have apologized, but things like that happen to her on occasion. "It is a pleasure. I've only been give one name, Larinstraza. You can call me whatever you wish. Is there a name you prefer me to call you by? Surely you don't wish me to call you by your last name."

She answered and it seemed her second question also had him all confused, which made her smile a little more as well. "What I had meant to ask was...when I first saw you, your Commander...had said he thought he told you to get two rooms. I didn't know you had already and possibly was just waiting for him in case he needed you..." She finished and tried to make it sound as respectful as possible, not trying to state that Vincent was Vlad's keeper or something. She wasn't aware that he had gone to fetch another room, it making her think she had fallen into some sort of time lapse...that made her lose track of time for a moment.

She also barely remembered the man having to shuffle about the room to collect his things, leaving Larin quiet for a little while. Maybe Vlad did that to her, she was willing to bet being around another immortal did possibly have that effect. It was a bit strange and she'd have to ask him just one more question, it being better since they were out of Vlad's company.
"So you don't want to be immortal?" She asked, again as politely as possible, but couldn't help but keep eye contact as she waited for an answer.
The Original Nosferatu
Vesper

"Nice to meet you too milady." he said. He may not have all the best of luck around nobility, but he was still respectful of them. There was no reason not to be unless he was told otherwise, and there was a few times he spoke to nobility (and royalty once) where he say certain words sarcastically, though only the royalty one actually picked up on it. He blinked at her question. "Kinda." he said, and finished wiping off the blood around his nose, since it wasn't running blood anymore. "I was here for about a week before leaving a couple for a trip that I just arrived back from today." he said. He took a quick glance around, taking note of any potential bodyguards that might take him as a threat. Like he was stupid enough to kidnap nobility. He noticed one on a building, likely place, could easily just drop down from above. Once completed with the quick glancing around, he turned his attention back to Lady DeBour.
Rosayda

Jared
Jared blinked at the arrival of the man the group was sitting near, before shrugging. "Good afternoon to you too sir." Jared replied, and listened to what he had to say. "His highness is more so on a personal mission with his sister. They hired me since I basically raised their brother, who they are trying to find." he added. "The dragon decided to come with us, I think mainly to see if his son is able to keep the peace between his highness' kingdom as well the surrounding ones and the dragons." Jared wasn't going to say much more, at least in the tavern anyway. There was a reason why they were looking for the king's brother, but the reason behind that search wasn't on a need to know. "Jared Borealis." he replied. If his son was in town, and had visited the guild, then he probably was using the last name that was given to him by Jared, being the same as his own.
Stevenlx

Quotable Poster

Taiyou4

User Image
Zephyr
Lou
The Illusionist

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
Born in a world of war.... and blood.

... Born into a world to kill and serve

Lou looked at Kiba and sighed as she turned around and got out of her chair and smiled, "Don't worry... The mission isn't over sir... He will join us. I know it. You know it. The moon knows it." She said with a dead tone as she reached in and pulled out a cat mask placing it on her face as her hair turned white along with her clothes. She had a similar saya to Kiba but it was smaller it was more of a dagger like sword and it had appeared she had two. She turned to the bartender who saw it all as one of the masks eyes opened revealing her yellow eye as the Bartender turned around and headed back into the kitchen, "Don't worry, he wont remember I was ever here Kid, Zephyr will be a memory that is no more in his head... I will go track wolf boy" Zephyr said as she pulled out the cup that he had drank the tea from, her mask filling in hiding her eyes once more. She crushed the cup in her hand turning it to complete dust, as it blew in a weird direction opposite of the wind. As if it was directing her.

She strided back with one jump giving a wave to Kiba.

'This way!' Zephyr thought to herself dashing through the alleys towards a tower following the dust from the cup she had crushed in her hand until she looked toward a hole following the holes with quick speed and agility up to the tower and rooftops, the dust fell to the ground and there stood the wolf, 'No way he's thinking of jumping....' She thought to herself as she halted and let out a sighed. She pulled out one of her dagger katanas and slammed it against the wall with the face of it to draw the attention of Warpath and nodded down towards the main exit of the rooftops and tower, "You don't know me, but if you want to come out alive come with me. I'll camouflage us to look like part of the guard... I can hold the camouflage for a few minutes my power is drained, quick" She said, knowing he wouldn't know who she was due to her hair being a different color along with different style of clothes and color... and her mask.

She bolted for the door as she then stopped running and began to casually walk down the stairs as guards began to walk past her, "I think we heard something up here.... did you see anything?" The guards said looking at Zephyr as she shook her hair insinuating she had not. The guards continued as they came to Warpath and didn't look afraid but approached him with ease, "Guards... Be careful I smell a wolf... Did you see anything while on patrol?" The guard said looking at warpath towards his chest as if the guard had thought he was talking to a guard.

Zephyr continued to walk.

((She made the guards see Warpath and herself as other guards using an illusion... if you read her profile or caught on by now that's her like main ability. Make creatures and people see things different or things that aren't there ))

.:CB Nostaglia OOC:. MEEEET LOU! Zephyr the illusionist, a member of The Crimson Knights

Fluffy Fox

Well crap. Edan hadn't expected the other dragon to stay, nor to join him and the guild leader. "Er... good afternoon." Unease set in again, but he pushes it aside as the dragon plops a journal on the table and begins flipping through. It was filled with formuli, and Edan was unable to help the comment that escaped him. "Looks like the stuff my son does..." Givng his head a shake he turns his attention back to Jared. The man was a chatterbox, revealing much more then one probably should to a complete stranger met in this way, but what, was the daotian going to complain? Nope. "That's quite the quest you're all on." Sounded like his younger days actually. Searching for someone in a foreign city. Course, he highly doubted these people would get pulled into a huge conspiracy that almost ended in him losing his life. Not to mention gaining a son.

Feline Phantom

7,925 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Darkus yawned as he was heading home. He had short days before, but this had seemed like the shortest. He took a turn and saw some guards talking to themselves. Noticing a tiny flaw had been something he never really cared about, but he noticed the essence of two of them were different. He decided to step forward and ask what was going on.

Shy Prophet

13,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
CB Nostalgia

User Image
The werewolf was quite confused on what was happening now.
But the lad seems to be on Warpath's side... for now.
The wolf-man nodded, completely agreeing to her help due to desperation to get out of this mess.
She said something that quite bothered him though.
Camouflage him?
Rolling his eyes, the werewolf sheathe stolen axes against his back before deciding to heads down the stair.
!
He was spotted.
As the guards walked toward him, he started to feel a bit nervous.
The werewolf was about to slash these guards to shreds and must distrust that young girl.
Oh, but what's this?
It seems the guards... are asking him a question as if he is one of their fellow guards.
It was as exactly as the girl said, 'look like the part of the guard'...
but... what about the smell?
Clearing his throat, the werewolf replied,
"Ah... we were attacked by a giant raven carrying a female member of the Bastion's Black Bandit and uhh..."
The werewolf rolled his eyes as he felt somewhat bothered on what he is about to say,
"...pet wolf. Then... uhh... they flew away."
Hearing his reply, the guard which asked him the question looked strangely at Warpath before chattering among his fellow guards.
Some believed what he said.
Others believed he felt... skeptical, obviously.
Seeing them distracted, now was the right time for Warpath to get out of here.
Slowly yet sneakingly, the disguised werewolf makes his way down the stair quickly before meeting up with the girl.
Squinting his eyes at her, the werewolf remembered her scent from long ago yet... he can't recall who she was.
Scratching the back of his head, the werewolf sighed before giving up remembering her identity before arriving at the first floor of the tower.

Arxilatath had paused in his calculations, flipping the book closed. He could multitask, he had the brain for it. He wasn't going to. "Not that it's my business, but scrying not giving good results, sir?" The dragon had a habit of appending a sir or ma'am on to the end of his speech.

He wondered what kind of problems had it been with scrying. Arriving too late was a possibility, but with Sirius, it was unlikely in his opinion. Plenty of transportation magics, as well, and a king was bound to have resources. His fingers tapped unconsciously on the table in thought, the academic question of what kind of wards the brother must have on him. Probably general direct-scry wards, and indirect scrying was so obvious that the man must have blocked most of the more common techniques for that.

The bronze spared a line of thought towards the verbal comment that Edan had let escape, multitasking in a way that few humans could with ease. "Would be interesting to talk to someone else about this, sir. Mind speaking on the subject later?" He inquired of Edan briefly before turning his attention back to the bodyguard.

"I presume he's either got direct scrying effect as a matter of fact on him, because he's related to who he is," the dragon stated. "The more common indirect scrying methods as well, tracking not the man himself but things associated to him." The dragon with the disguise of an aging man shrugged. "Never mind me. It's just an interesting academic exercise. I do wish you well on your quest, sir."

StevenIx
dagongirl13
Jared
Jared kinda waved off about the scrying effect. "We started about 2 and a half years after he left, and his highness as already tried that before this trip." He said. "Then again, he kinda has a...anti scrying effect around him due to Sirius that's been on him for....close to 20 years now?" Jared said, shrugging. Considering they had originally hide the boy from the previous king, and that he had disappeared shortly after said king's death, there wasn't a chance to take it off of him, so it was still there. "We are basically following him based on if people have actually seen him or not in town." he said. "We actually have been in this town for a few weeks now, due to hearing that he was spotted, and that some of his travel companions were still in town." he added. Other than not knowing if the boy had changed his name again, it was pretty easy to know if someone had actually seen him or not. "Speaking of which, Mr. Ulthier, do you know if anyone by the name of Vesper Borealis, or even Erebus Espera, has come to the guild?" he asked. It was a long shot, but it was worth a shot.
Stevenlx

Ker of Erebus
Akragth (Lavafang)
Location: Making Tracks AWAY from the Watchtower with a Hole in it

Taiyou4
CB Nostalgia

The large hound-like creature had been about to say something about the werewolf just sliding down the wall, when something just flickered and the werewolf vanished. Akragth hadn't been kidding when it had considered trying to claw its way up the watchtower. It could leap nearly twenty-five feet, more than was possible for something of its size naturally, and then its claws could dig into anything not reinforced against heat hot enough to melt rock and dig out handholds in the process of clambering up. Presuming that the wall itself didn't break, it would make it, but traction was always the problem. Two tons of weight needed a lot of traction to get going and break.

If they were gone, it was time for the lavafang itself to skedaddle. It looked like a monster, didn't have the typical hands and two-leggedness that would get it a bit more accepted, and it had stuck at the site of the altercation far too long to not be suspicious. The lavafang turned to leave, claws digging into the ground and leaving deep prints to launch it forward in a relatively slow trot starting to gain speed. Akragth didn't accelerate very quickly, even if it could maintain a high top speed for hours, even days.

He hadn't left sight of the tower by the time the werewolf-illusionist pair hit the first floor, or left the building.

Fluffy Fox

dagongirl13
Ker of Erebus

Edan kept quiet on the whole scrying business. He wasn't a mage of any real strength, only able to do basic things nowadays. So, he finishes his whiskey as the two talked on the matter, ordering another one, which arrived by the time they were done and the dragon expressed a desire to speak to Edan later on the matter of his notes. "Oh? You don't want to talk to me. That's all gibberish. You'd want to go see my son. He runs the shop with the eyesore of a floating sign above it." Obviously he didn't approve of the magic neon sign above the Emporium. Jared's question about if either name had come up at the guild was met with a shake of Edan's head. "No. Sorry. I haven't heard anything. But then again, Rosalind's been keeping me busy. You could always go see her and ask her directly. If he had been there, she'd know. I don't think he'd go to such a place though. Not if he wanted to remain anonymous. You're better off asking at the various inns actually." The daotian's late wife had been a bounty hunter, so he'd picked up on some things to do when tracking a target.

"Thank you, sir. The Emporium, I presume? I'll get to it after I get plastered. Or at least buzzed." Arxilatath checked, then in the same breath, agreed with Edan. "It'd be a good idea to ask the innkeeper for faces and names. If he has a mount that needs to be cared for in the stables that would be recognizable, ask the hands. Tip them, to boot. It loosens lips."

He finished the rest of his ale, and then looked at the empty mug. The bronze dragon sighed, snorting heavily, then called for something stronger. "Takes a few barrel full to get me even vaguely buzzed," was the grumbling complaint. "Dragon constitution comes in handy when you're working with massive lightning bolts, but it's just a hindrance when one wants to get drunk." He didn't explain why he wanted to get drunk.

And no, he didn't want to drink things that tasted like turpentine. No matter how quickly it'd get him drunk. "So, we know what brings him to this place. How 'bout you, sir?" He asked the daotian, "And I'll pay for the round after," he added, "Not fair for you to be the only one paying for a round."

StevenIx
dagongirl13

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas