Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
There's something so weird about how our American education system seems to forget a few things concerning other nations. When we were fixing our nation after Lincoln's assassination, the Holy Roman Empire was being dissolved. Crazy a** things, really.

Blessed Sex Symbol

My friend forced me to watch Hetalia cause of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sycckWY2iA
Kept me laughing for 4 hours xDDDD

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
iMuSic_Nvr_sLeEpS

Nice one. xD
This is the first video that got me into Hetalia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQp3gOAxuo
Um... so... why did fem!Russia send me a creepy message with a gnawed limb? emotion_8c
I actually made such a scared sound that mom asked what was wrong...

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga
Um... so... why did fem!Russia send me a creepy message with a gnawed limb? emotion_8c

^ This minus the scared sound.

@ American education: Trolololololol

Prussia: Yes.
HRE: No.

Then again I love history so I read books anyway. OUTSIDE of our schools. Ones that didn't consist of being American text books either. Oh the history you can learn.

Not dissing on America though this will sound like I am. But, we are some arrogant egotistical people. We played light on the Revolution. I think Hetalia kinda nailed it when it portrayed from how I took it as America throwing a tantrum. Becuase, in all honesty that's what it was. It wasn't so much taxation without representation as we were pissed off we had no SAY in the government. No representative. We were just told to sit there and look pretty and they would do everything for us. What most Americans didn't realize. Is the UK at the time their mainland was being taxed far greater than the colonies were. (I swear Jack or someone said something like this on tumblr too when this was brought up)

Also, most of the battles were a lot bloodier and gorier than American textbooks like to portray them to be. We sugarcoat and make up a lot of things. Yes, Americans were quite amazing in WWI and WWII but we were also arrogant and caused a lot of needless destruction. (Not saying the bombs but the US did screw quite a bit up we didn't need too)
One character tht I think is funny is sealand cuz he seems to pop up at the some random times smile
strangers_dreamers
One character tht I think is funny is sealand cuz he seems to pop up at the some random times smile
The micronations in general are fun characters. I wonder if they'll make it into the anime...

Blessed Sex Symbol

Sai X Kaitou
iMuSic_Nvr_sLeEpS

Nice one. xD
This is the first video that got me into Hetalia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQp3gOAxuo

Lol at the last line xD

Rainbow Borg

13,400 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ni Hao fellow Hetalia fans.
Raivis of Riga

You too?! gonk

Actually, I giggled when I saw the message and the gift. Oh, my dark humor...
Jack_of_London
Raivis of Riga

You too?! gonk

If I'd known everyone got them I wouldn't have been as creeped.
Now I don't feel special. emo
Raivis of Riga
Jack_of_London
Raivis of Riga

You too?! gonk

If I'd known everyone got them I wouldn't have been as creeped.
Now I don't feel special. emo

It's okay, you're still special to us~
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga

^ This minus the scared sound.

@ American education: Trolololololol

Prussia: Yes.
HRE: No.

Then again I love history so I read books anyway. OUTSIDE of our schools. Ones that didn't consist of being American text books either. Oh the history you can learn.

Not dissing on America though this will sound like I am. But, we are some arrogant egotistical people. We played light on the Revolution. I think Hetalia kinda nailed it when it portrayed from how I took it as America throwing a tantrum. Becuase, in all honesty that's what it was. It wasn't so much taxation without representation as we were pissed off we had no SAY in the government. No representative. We were just told to sit there and look pretty and they would do everything for us. What most Americans didn't realize. Is the UK at the time their mainland was being taxed far greater than the colonies were. (I swear Jack or someone said something like this on tumblr too when this was brought up)Also, most of the battles were a lot bloodier and gorier than American textbooks like to portray them to be. We sugarcoat and make up a lot of things. Yes, Americans were quite amazing in WWI and WWII but we were also arrogant and caused a lot of needless destruction. (Not saying the bombs but the US did screw quite a bit up we didn't need too)

That's correct; I'm certain of it.

Honestly, the more I look into the American Revolution, the more I wonder, "Uh, why?"
On the note of "we had no say in the government," I'm convinced that it was something of a social rebellion. Some would disagree- I just had to argue it last year- but, if my memory serves me well, it was the American gentry who really wanted war. They were wealthy and, damn, if they weren't going to have proper representation, they were going to let it be known. After all, and I know this was mentioned, the colonists did think of themselves as British for quite a while. Hence, not being represented in Parliament was something of a pisser. But, the taxes. The taxes. Goodness gracious, the Boston Tea Party was caused because of a tax break (granted, the colonists didn't like the idea of the East India Company becoming a monopoly, thereby putting competitors; in other words, the lucrative tea smuggling- business with Holland, out of business, but still). I mean, really American heritage? Really?

To quote one of my favorite books on the Intolerable Acts: "The British didn't think making the colonies chip in to help keep them from being invaded by France was unreasonable, but they were just starting to learn about how whiny Americans could be."

Wow, now I sound unpatriotic. Whoops.

I'll have to look into it further. I don't like asking "Honestly?," when confronted with the war that created my nation.

...It's....it's disappointing. emo

@Added note: Do battles even get a mention in textbooks?
If we went by textbooks, the only battles of the American Revolution would be these: Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, Saratoga, and Yorktown.

Similarly, for the Civil War, they would be: Bull Run/Manassas, Antietam, Gettysburg, and the surrender at Appomattox.

I don't remember squat about WWI battles; it's a pretty neglected subject.
I made Hetalia sims. :3
This household is... interesting...
I made Italy, Romano, and Germany in one house. Germany wants to be Leader of the Free World, Romano wants to be Emperor of Evil, and Italy wants to be a rock star. This means Romano and Germany will be enemies, and Italy will likely be the only thing keeping them from killing each other. Although it's iffy, since when Romano gets his evil aura Italy will be scared of him...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff